The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Prince Harry and Prince William

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 02-05-2010, 09:23 PM
Heir Presumptive

Not only did he raise money, according to the article he also made a donation himself.

Old 02-05-2010, 09:59 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opal View Post
Not only did he raise money, according to the article he also made a donation himself.

Considering he is a multi-millionaire in his own right, I would expect him to give regular donations to the charities he supports and to one offs as well.

Otherwise it would be the height of hypocrisy to expect people a lot worse off than him to donate if he didn't.

I always get a laugh when rich people making donations gets a comment like 'good for him/her' as they can obviously afford it far more easily then the 10s of millions who also donate but who earn a lot less.

I was in China shortly after the tsunami in 2004 and the amounts that Chinese people were donating was staggering - to us very small amounts - but some of them were giving 80% or more of their week's pay.

Old 02-12-2010, 06:41 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opal View Post
That was nice of him.
Old 03-10-2010, 10:33 AM
Courtier

Prince Harry hit by charity resignation

Richard Kay March 10 2010 | Mail Online?
Old 03-10-2010, 10:58 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Yes, i heard about this back in January, not good for the company. But what can you do.
Old 03-10-2010, 04:50 PM
Imperial Majesty

From reading the article I thought that one guy went in January and this is actually reporting that a second director has also left the company.
Old 03-10-2010, 04:56 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumutqueen View Post
But what can you do.
You plug on and find another to take his place. One with a vision that mirrors PH's.
Old 03-13-2010, 04:08 PM
Heir Apparent

How Prince Harry's charity was swindled by Conservative MP - Telegraph (12/03/2010).
Old 05-28-2010, 02:20 PM
Heir Presumptive

Harry's Charity Funds
The Press Association: Harry charity funds bid revealed
Old 12-06-2010, 07:18 AM
Imperial Majesty

Express.co.uk - Home of the Daily and Sunday Express | UK News :: Conman posing as Prince Harry steals from Diana charity

Looks like Harry's charity has been the victim of some scam merchant.

These sorts of people should be locked up for life and denied any access to computers or other electronic gizmos not only for the thefts but for the impact of the thefts - of both money and identity.

But it also highlights the dangers of high profile people using their official signatures on any public document.
Old 12-07-2010, 10:02 PM
Serene Highness

CONMAN POSING AS PRINCE HARRY STEALS FROM DIANA CHARITY

Old 12-08-2010, 12:18 AM
Majesty

This is sad. It's a good thing that the women involved weren't too embarrassed to come forward and report the fraud.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gfg02 View Post
CONMAN POSING AS PRINCE HARRY STEALS FROM DIANA CHARITY
Old 12-08-2010, 12:32 AM
Heir Apparent

How awful and cruel! Poor PH and those poor women who tried to do good, and were sucked into this...
I admire these women very much for trying to do good, but wonder why if they wanted to help they did not go and donate through the website of the charity to avoid something like this?
And how on earth did the conman convince them it was PH on the phone... Red flags would have gone up right then for me.
Old 12-08-2010, 01:26 AM
Commoner

What a bastard . Who would do such a thing to HRH Prince Harry.

Prince Harry
Old 12-10-2010, 01:59 AM
Aristocracy

It really takes a heartless person to steal from a charity...or a desperate one.

At least the woman with the ideas for the festival is actually talking to the REAL prince this time! Who knows- maybe it will do really well and make some money for the charity!
-Eleanor Roosevelt
Old 12-10-2010, 02:04 AM
Nobility

It is a horrible thing for someone to steal from a charity, but at the same time, it wasn't all that bright for these people to think that the person on the phone is really Prince Harry without some sort of verification. It's along the same lines of the people who respond to the email from the guy in Nigeria who says he's really a prince who needs help retrieving his family fortune.

...Now that I think about it, I'd better warn my dad not to take any phone calls from "Prince Harry."
Old 12-10-2010, 02:19 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thena View Post
It is a horrible thing for someone to steal from a charity, but at the same time, it wasn't all that bright for these people to think that the person on the phone is really Prince Harry without some sort of verification. It's along the same lines of the people who respond to the email from the guy in Nigeria who says he's really a prince who needs help retrieving his family fortune."
I think the phone call was some kind of prank or something like that.But if it was real this guy's ass suppose to be kicked.

Prince Harry
Old 12-17-2010, 09:52 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRH Prince Khalid

I think the phone call was some kind of prank or something like that.But if it was real this guy's ass suppose to be kicked.
It wasn't a prank, it was a scam- yes people shouldn't have believed it but the guy didn't do it in harmless fun he actually stole money from these people
Old 12-18-2010, 12:27 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRSJ View Post
It wasn't a prank, it was a scam- yes people shouldn't have believed it but the guy didn't do it in harmless fun he actually stole money from these people
Too bad it's true. I still can't believe it how such a guy can play this trick on the organisation. I can call any charity and say I'm prince Harry of Wales give me some money . The weird thing is how they believed the guy so easily. It should be some kind of identification at least.

Prince Harry
Old 12-18-2010, 06:47 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRH Prince Khalid View Post
Too bad it's true. I still can't believe it how such a guy can play this trick on the organisation. I can call any charity and say I'm prince Harry of Wales give me some money . The weird thing is how they believed the guy so easily. It should be some kind of identification at least.

I can't believe people were so gullible to believe him.