The Duke of Sussex and Walking with the Wounded

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Never thought that I would say this about a toilet-but that is really cool!:lol:

Even in the worse conditions imaginable, these brave souls had a castle for their throne. :D

Gotta love it!

Even in the worse conditions imaginable, these brave souls had a castle for their throne. :D

Gotta love it!

Groan...Just had to say it, huh? :D

That is just a hoot and a half and priceless!!

The Wire star Dominic West must have wished he’d taken an extra-thick pair of earmuffs when he joined Prince Harry’s South Pole trek – just so that he could avoid the Royal’s taste in music. ‘Harry has a terrible selection on his iPod.
It is the sort of thing soldiers listen to – hardcore thrash metal,’ he says.
But at least Dominic, above, was far more complimentary about the Prince’s skills with a shovel during their Walking With The Wounded expedition shortly before Christmas.

MOS Diary: Harry shows his metal: Dominic West reveals Prince's 'terrible' taste in music on polar trip | Mail Online

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9194VixyGU

Harry's South Pole Heroes, Episode 1- Tonight 8pm UK Time:
Two-part documentary following the Walking with the Wounded South Pole Allied Challenge 2013. In the first part, four wounded British soldiers led by Prince Harry prepare to take on teams from the USA and the Commonwealth in a 200 km race to the South Pole. All sustained life-changing injuries in Iraq and Afghanistan. Brothers and sisters in arms on the battlefield, they now prepare to race each other through some of the harshest conditions on the planet. The UK team are the underdogs as they train in Iceland and struggle to get race fit. Then time in a giant deep freeze more usually used to test cars gives the five Brits some inkling of what to expect in the Antarctic. Not even last-minute words of advice from Prince Harry's grandparents, as they are joined by their American, Canadian and Australian comrades at Buckingham Palace, can fully prepare the teams for the stark reality of what lies ahead-
TV Guide | What's on TV - ITV

Video:
Outside of UK Viewers-
tvpc.com - ITV-1

http://myiplayer.eu/live/uk3.php

Last edited by a moderator:
Harry's South Pole Heroes
Harry's South Pole Heroes, Episode 2

Today on ITV from 8:00pm to 9:00pm

Conclusion of the two-part documentary about the Walking with the Wounded-organised South Pole Allied Challenge 2013. The three teams of wounded soldiers, representing the United Kingdom - with expedition patron Prince Harry - the United States and the Commonwealth face the challenge of racing more than 200 km across the harsh frozen wastes of the Antarctic Plateau. In the very first hours, the extreme conditions start to take a severe toll on all the teams. Over the next few days, wounded and non-wounded alike succumb to frostbite, altitude sickness and exhaustion. The race element is abandoned and what was a competition becomes a band of comrades, united in their determination to reach the South Pole together.

Outside UK Viewers:
Watch Free Online Web TV - real tv, everywhere

Video:
Bryan Adams' exhibition "Wounded - The Legacy of War" has been previewed ahead of its opening on Wednesday 12th November. It features portraits of 40 servicemen and women seriously injured in Iraq and Afghanistan. Prince Harry viewed the exhibition of photographs by Bryan Adams and met some of the wounded soldiers who took part in the project-

Home - ITNSource News

Prince Harry attends the launch of Walking with the Wounded's ''Walk of Britain'' charity event on March 18, 2015 in London, England. Five wounded veterans will walk 1000 miles through mainland Britain, starting in Scotland on August 22 and ending in London on October 31.

Getty Images gallery

Video:
Prince Harry has attended the launch of ‘Walk of Britain’ in central London this morning. The event, being organised by Walking with the Wounded, will see wounded service personnel walk 1,000 miles around the country, starting in Scotland and ending in London – to raise funds for injured soldiers-

Home - ITNSource News

Well, how did the wounded feel about it? Content? Hopefully. I do not do cold worth a mention further. lol. I think I missed what the north pole thing was about. I saw the visit on the news online, but I don't remember what it was about. I vaugely remember wondering if he made it home and reading that he did or back to work or whatever. I can't judge looks. People are just that, people, they have emotions, judging how one looks is like saying you have some kind of degree to do that. Oh excuse my ignorance, I am nearly 40 with only a little trade school under my belt.

Last edited:
Well, how did the wounded feel about it? Content? Hopefully. I do not do cold worth a mention further. lol. I think I missed what the north pole thing was about. I saw the visit on the news online, but I don't remember what it was about. I vaugely remember wondering if he made it home and reading that he did or back to work or whatever. I can't judge looks. People are just that, people, they have emotions, judging how one looks is like saying you have some kind of degree to do that. Oh excuse my ignorance, I am nearly 40 with only a little trade school under my belt.

I agree the North pole walk the press were so focus on Prince Harry that they forgot that they were wounded troops also on the walk with him. I would have loved to heard more about their stories and how they felt about the walk and what they got out of it. I think we forget that Prince Harry is just a other person too that got luck and got a title at birth.

Harry's been spotted in Shropshire taking part in the Walking with the Wounded Walk across Britain. There are Twitter photos which I can't post. He kept his promise that he would walk with them part of the way and he has. He's got a knapsack in one photo and is striding along, looking good.

Harry's been spotted in Shropshire taking part in the Walking with the Wounded Walk across Britain. There are Twitter photos which I can't post. He kept his promise that he would walk with them part of the way and he has. He's got a knapsack in one photo and is striding along, looking good.
We will get press pictures. Chris Jackson (photog) has posted he's there. If you can't wait - twitter search #walkofbritain.

Last edited:
In the interest of fairness because everyone is so keen to post Richard Palmer's twitter rants when its about William and Kate.

Palmer and photographer Mark Cuthbert are on twitter complaining that Harry's own endeavour fund broke today's embargo and most royal photographers weren't invited along.

Palmer suggests photographers should start taking 'unofficial' pictures if the palace doesn't allow press at engagements.

I won't post their tweets but people can go on and view them for yourselves.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Nothing has changed my opinion of Palmer. I still think he behaves like a petulant child no matter if it's Harry or the Cambridges he's on about.

Last edited:
Well, I have a lot of time for Richard Palmer, and can actually see his point of view and that of British press photographers. Nevertheless, in spite of that observation, I'm glad to see Harry participating in this walk.

It was wonderful to see Harry back in action again. The images with the childdren are gorgeous as always, as he beams with them! It was a pity that the suprise was a bit spoiled as the embargo was broken...

Video:
Prince Harry has joined injured service personnel on a fund-raising walk in Shropshire today, in support of the UK armed forces charity ‘Walking with the Wounded’. The 31 year old royal – who is patron of the charity – walked the 17 mile stretch with wounded veterans as part of their 1,000 mile, 72-day ‘Walk of Britain’ expedition across the UK mainland-

Home - ITNSource News

:previous: One of the best articles I've read in a very long time and it warms my heart to its core. This is Harry at his best. Open, honest and straight to the point.

Only Harry would think that the 10 years he served in the military with even putting his life on the line in Afghanistan as being selfish.

We are really going to see some amazing things from this man in the future.

Video:
Prince Harry has joined injured service personnel on a fund-raising walk in Shropshire today, in support of the UK armed forces charity ‘Walking with the Wounded’. The 31 year old royal – who is patron of the charity – walked the 17 mile stretch with wounded veterans as part of their 1,000 mile, 72-day ‘Walk of Britain’ expedition across the UK mainland-

Home - ITNSource News

more pictures :flowers:
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CQKXXYzW8AAYRdI.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CQKXCxwWwAAoM2r.jpg
https://41.media.tumblr.com/a16875f9d52528fc34d84d8150dd5a4d/tumblr_nvi0jsPnM41rmbz5io2_500.jpg
https://40.media.tumblr.com/181b33e1f07939bf2b10da4497cca5b8/tumblr_nvi139wmT31rmbz5io1_500.jpg
https://40.media.tumblr.com/e6efe260f3ab6e8d9184f155561c05c1/tumblr_nvi0wmkDH01rmbz5io4_500.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CQKEyx-WwAA9gmN.jpg
http://40.media.tumblr.com/e2c5b11d73255562cc4773d56063fdfb/tumblr_nvhn5ebXdN1u6rwxoo8_500.jpg

Thankyou Polyesco. Great pictures, great publicity for this worthy cause.

That's what I love about Harry! He is so passionate and enthusiastic about helping these brave wounded veterans in every way he can. I think he will prove to continue to be their advocate.

Last edited:
Video:

Home - ITNSource News
Well said, Harry!

It is a sad truth that unacceptable numbers of War Veterans are homeless because they fall through the cracks. Many that leave are suffering from what the Military call politely call "Combat Stress" and going out into civvy street with the deck stacked against them. Many are hyper-vigilant and that alone is enough to put them at a disadvantage when dealing with government and council representatives who haven't got a clue what the Vet sitting in front of them is going through right at that moment.

Is it surprising that many end up in prison, mental institutes and on the streets. Not surprisingly, many self-medicate with alcohol and/or prescription drugs, symptoms which the Military and even the British Legion see as the actual problem. Blame the victim. Man up, etc.

While Harry's "facts" may be a little askew, I put that down to the concerted effort on behalf of the government and the DOD to keep a lid on the statistics about PTSD and other Mental Health Disorders. Those numbers are an indictment of the government who sent them to war and then kick them to the curb when their minds can't cope anymore. Harry is very high profile and I am sure there are plenty of willing volunteers and professionals ready to clue him in on this byproduct of war.

Harry's could not have found a better cause than shining a light on the reality of the plight of Veterans wounded in body and mind from the "Hero's" that have served their country well and now suffer for it. To watch Harry take a breath and fall over his words as he raises the controversial issue of Mental Health and PTSD was probably the bravest thing I have seen him do.

A little light reading:

http://www.britishlegion.org.uk/media/2283/litrev_ukvetshomelessness.pdf

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom