The Duke of Sussex and Walking with the Wounded

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Harry better watch what he says! If he's a father someday, he may have a worse screamer! (assuming that George is a screamer, which I don't necessarily. People who are around a baby who is crying only briefly tend to believe that baby cries all the time.)

Oh, but it's the volume that can get to you! They have no volume control. Back in the palaeolithic era when I was living at home and studying, my mother used to babysit my two then-young nephews, and when one would start up the other would join in and they'd both be at it and the noise penetrated through to my bone marrow and the deepest recesses of my brain and I couldn't concentrate. It was hellish! I'd have considered going to the South Pole to escape it.

Here's an update on the Polar Expedition.

Team red (Harry's team Glefiddich), still in the lead. About 1/4 there. One team had a guide lifted out for medical care (altitude sickness), but he will rejoin the team when he's better.

I find WWTW pages a bit odd to navigate. So here's a link to current team positions. Enjoy.
Walking With The Wounded – South Pole 2013

Here's an update on the Polar Expedition.

Team red (Harry's team Glefiddich), still in the lead. About 1/4 there. One team had a guide lifted out for medical care (altitude sickness), but he will rejoin the team when he's better.

I find WWTW pages a bit odd to navigate. So here's a link to current team positions. Enjoy.
Walking With The Wounded – South Pole 2013

Thanks so much for posting the link to WWTW to track the progress of the teams.

The more I read about this challenge they're all taking on, the more astonished I become. These are definitely the men and women who are truly heros in my book.

Prince Harry's expedition to the South Pole suspended after organiser decides teams are being pushed 'a little too hard' | Mail Online

Prince Harry's race to the South Pole with his fellow Walking With The Wounded expedition competitors has been suspended for safety reasons.

Harry set off on the gruelling charity trek on Sunday with a team of injured British servicemen and women against groups from the U.S. and the Commonwealth.

But the expedition director Ed Parker has taken the decision to suspend the race aspect of the challenge, but he is determined that all the members will make it to the South Pole as one group

:previous: Yes I agree. Here is another example of a misleading headline.
BBC News
Actually, this seems a very sensible precaution to take and should not detract from the enormity of the challenge they are all undertaking.

Although this was a race, I always thought how cool it would be if all the teams walked together to the actual South Pole. Suspending the race aspect I think is a good idea.

I'd like to see a picture off all of the teams forming a circle around the South Pole in celebration.

Since Harry is DOING the expedition, I think this is a current event rather than just a charitable appearance.

United teams made good progress today. They are still skiing over rotten terrain caused by drifted and solidified snow.

The map: Walking With The Wounded – South Pole 2013

Best to all! :flowers:

Since Harry is DOING the expedition, I think this is a current event rather than just a charitable appearance.

United teams made good progress today. They are still skiing over rotten terrain caused by drifted and solidified snow.

The map: Walking With The Wounded – South Pole 2013

Best to all! :flowers:

I also said this to Iluvbertie but, quite rightly, she pointed out that if it isnt in the CC then she can't include it. But we will remember he did this

Robert Jobson ‏@theroyaleditor 57m
#PrinceHarry & @supportthewalk teams will fly back to Novo after reaching South Pole & then on to Cape Town. Due in London on the 23 Dec.

Rebecca English ‏@RE_DailyMail 4m
Prince Harry and his fellow adventurers have reached the South Pole, organisers of the Walking With The Wounded charity trek have announced.

Paul Harrison ‏@SkyNewsRoyal 3m
#royal Prince #Harry becomes the first member of the royal family to trek to the geographical South Pole

Last edited:
Robert Jobson ‏@theroyaleditor 57m
#PrinceHarry & @supportthewalk teams will fly back to Novo after reaching South Pole & then on to Cape Town. Due in London on the 23 Dec.

Rebecca English ‏@RE_DailyMail 4m
Prince Harry and his fellow adventurers have reached the South Pole, organisers of the Walking With The Wounded charity trek have announced.

Paul Harrison ‏@SkyNewsRoyal 3m
#royal Prince #Harry becomes the first member of the royal family to trek to the geographical South Pole

Congratulations to Prince Harry and the team for achieving this feat.

Well this has a number of interesting tidbits in it: The South Pole

There is a lovely photo of the Duke of Edinburgh and a short bit about The Princess Royal's 7 day stint in Antarctica in 2007.

Prince Harry’s Antarctic trek team mates have paid tribute to the Royal, describing his “crucial” role in their successful expedition to the South Pole.
Members of the Prince’s Walking With the Wounded team suffered frost bite while others struggled with the effects of altitude and exhaustion. The 200-mile trek was also hit by severe weather, and the race element was called off half way through over safety fears.
But Captain Guy Disney, 31, one of Prince Harry’s team mates, said he coped “easily” with the -49F (-45C) temperatures.

Prince Harry: Antarctic trek team mates pay tribute to the Royal - Telegraph

Oh gosh. he looks yummy. :wub:

Oh yah.. he's definitely oozing the alpha male vibes. I'd like to see him keep that beard for a while. There's just something about a man with a beard that gets my attention. :D

He can't keep the beard once he goes back to work- only the Royal Navy allow beards.

He can't keep the beard once he goes back to work- only the Royal Navy allow beards.

Drats! I forgot about that. Ah well... at least we did get a good glimpse of him in a full beard.

Prince Harry is determined to highlight the bravery of the injured servicemen whom he joined on their expedition to the South Pole, even though the competitive element had to be suspended because of “difficult terrain”.
Mandrake hears that the Prince has agreed to appear in a television documentary, provisionally called Harry’s Heroes, which will show how the adventurers, including 12 servicemen and women from Britain and other nations who have suffered terrible injuries, including the loss of limbs, pulled sledges for more than 200 miles across the frozen wastes of Antarctica.
The programme will be broadcast by ITV in March. “It will include some quite emotive stuff from Harry,” I am told.

Prince Harry to appear in 'emotive' TV show about his South Pole heroes - Telegraph

Victoria Arbiter ‏@victoriaarbiter 1h
#PrinceHarry will attend the @supportthewalk South Pole Allied Challenge welcome home press conf. Jan 21st at the Mandarin Oriental, London.

Videos:
Prince Harry, Patron, attended the Walking With The Wounded South Pole Allied Challenge 2013 welcome home press conference today. Shows: intv Prince Harry's team mates Major Kate Philp and Guy Disney-
Home - ITNSource News

PRINCE HARRY AT WALKING WITH THE WOUNDED PRESS CONFERENCE-
Home - ITNSource News

'King of the Royal Flush' Clean-shaven Prince Harry ribbed by The Wire's Dominic West-
http://www.express.co.uk/news/royal...rince-Harry-ribbed-by-The-Wire-s-Dominic-West

Picture:
Very special loo that was built by Harry and the team-
Royal Family Princess

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom