The Duke of Sussex and The Invictus Games: 2014 and 2016-2018, 2020

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm interested - are there any among us going to the Invictus games? Anyone plan to watch the BBC coverage daily?

Royaltyspeaking @Royal_talk · 4m
Crown Prince Frederik of Denmark will be attending Prince Harry's @InvictusLondon on September 10th and 11th!

Royaltyspeaking @Royal_talk · 4m
Crown Prince Frederik of Denmark will be attending Prince Harry's @InvictusLondon on September 10th and 11th!

This is great news. Denmark is one of the 14 countries participating.
This is not the first time Frederik has been involved with wounded soldiers and their rehabilitation through sports

http://www.sn.dk/modules/xphoto/cache/15/200415_590_500_0_0_0_0.jpg
http://www.sn.dk/modules/xphoto/cache/18/200418_590_500_0_0_0_0.jpg
http://www.sn.dk/modules/xphoto/cache/16/200416_590_500_0_0_0_0.jpg
http://www.sn.dk/modules/xphoto/cache/14/200414_590_500_0_0_0_0.jpg

Robert Jobson @theroyaleditor · 3h
#PrinceHarry #ZaraTindall @miketindall13 to play star Exhibition Wheelchair Rugby Match ahead of @InvictusLondon

Robert Jobson @theroyaleditor · 3h
#ZaraTindall: “It’s important to get involved in @InvictusLondon to use the power of sport to inspire recovery and support rehabilitation."

Richard Palmer @RoyalReporter · 4h
Prince Harry, Zara and Mike Tindall, and Olympians Dame Kelly Holmes and Denise Lewis will play in a wheelchair rugby match on Sept 12.

Prince Harry will play in the exhibition match at the Copper Box arena in London's Copper Box arena as part of the Invictus Games.

Zara will be playing wheelchair rugby for the first time. "I'm very excited to be involved," she says.

Last edited:
Should we have a tread specifically for the Invictus Games?
seeing that CP frederik will atend, and hopefully other royals?

HRH Crown Prince Frederik of Denmark will be attending the Invictus Games in London on September 10-11
together with the Danish Minister of Defence Nicolai Wammen and Chief of Defence, General Peter Bartram.

Frederik is patron ofthe foundation 'Soldaterlegatet' /Soldier's Grant.
"The purpose of the foundation is to support military personnel and civilians of Denmark posted in military missions abroad, and who during missions for the Danish defense suffers physical or psychological harm that fall in war or war-like conditions or who die in some other way.
review benefit purpose of the foundation. "
HRH Crown Prince Frederik of Denmark attending Invictus Games

Should we have a tread specifically for the Invictus Games?
seeing that CP frederik will atend, and hopefully other royals?

HRH Crown Prince Frederik of Denmark will be attending the Invictus Games in London on September 10-11
together with the Danish Minister of Defence Nicolai Wammen and Chief of Defence, General Peter Bartram.

Frederik is patron ofthe foundation 'Soldaterlegatet' /Soldier's Grant.
"The purpose of the foundation is to support military personnel and civilians of Denmark posted in military missions abroad, and who during missions for the Danish defense suffers physical or psychological harm that fall in war or war-like conditions or who die in some other way.
review benefit purpose of the foundation. "
HRH Crown Prince Frederik of Denmark attending Invictus Games

I think we should.

Richard Palmer @RoyalReporter · 1h
Prince Charles, Camilla, William, Kate and Harry will attend the Opening Ceremony of the Invictus Games, at the Olympic Park on Sept 10.

Richard Palmer @RoyalReporter · 59m
The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Prince Harry will attend a Drumhead Service at Lee Valley Athletics Centre on Sept 11.

Prince Harry will attend all sporting events of the Invictus Games in the coming week, says Kensington Palace.

Prince Charles, Camilla, William, Kate and Harry will attend the opening ceremony of the Invictus Games, the Olympic Park on September 10.

Richard Palmer also mentioned that WK are attending athletics for the Invictus Games on Sept 11 also.

I saw someone on twitter wondering if the Cambridges were trying to piggy back on Harry's Invictus Games for good PR. The Royal Foundation of WK & H put in a 1 million pounds towards the games so WK have a vested interest in supporting the games.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

On other sites, which I won't name here but most people can probably guess, they are always criticising William and Kate for attending events with Harry claiming that they only attend to gain from Harry's popularity as they ignore the facts - such as the one about where some of the money for the games have come from.

Look, if I am the talking head for the Invictus games, I am going to invite the sport besotted members of my family to come along. Because I can. Because they will enjoy it. Because I laugh and joke with them. Because that is what family is all about.
That they will attract two times the press and photogs that I would and help shine a light on a worthy cause is the cherry on the soda.
But either way, I invite them because this is life and you might as well live the good bits to the fullest.

Countdown to the Invictus Games: Meet the Warriors: Tonight-BBCTwo-9:15 UK Time-
"HRH Prince Harry's commitment to injured, wounded and sick servicemen and women takes the ultimate test as the first ever Invictus Games are about to start in London's Olympic Park. Many have returned from recent conflicts with life-threatening injuries. This documentary follows a few who share their extraordinary and inspirational stories as they try to secure their place in the British team to compete against comrades from around the world. Meanwhile, HRH Prince Harry keeps a watchful eye on preparations for the games, which have been organised from scratch following his announcement in 2013."
BBC Two - Invictus Games, Countdown to the Invictus Games: Meet the Warriors

Live Coverage:
Invictus Games Opening Ceremony: BBC One-September 10th, 7pm UK Time-

"The One Show comes live from the Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park for a special programme to broadcast the launch of Prince Harry's first ever Invictus Games, the major international sports event for wounded soldiers.

Matt Baker, Alex Jones and Clare Balding report on the spectacular Opening Ceremony, where highlights include a flypast from the Red Arrows and an exclusive performance of the Invictus Anthem penned by Coldplay.

The ceremony culminates in the Athletes' Parade, where over 400 competing wounded, injured and sick servicemen and women from 13 nations are led into the park by detachments from the three services."
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b04gmjc3

Last edited:
Video:
Prince Harry can't wait to see his brother "suffer more" with the arrival of a second child, he joked today. Speaking as he visited competitors training for the inaugural Invictus Games, Harry said it was "very exciting news". He said: "I can't wait to see my brother suffer more", saying if the Duke and Duchess' second child is a girl he would "love to see him try and cope with that"-
Home - ITNSource News

Video:
The Invictus Games will be the main way Prince Harry marks his 30th birthday, the royal said today. Asked at an event dubbed the "curtain raiser" for the Games how he would celebrate the milestone birthday on September 15, Harry replied "probably by this". The royal spoke as he presented the first medals in his inaugural Invictus Games for a driving challenge at Jaguar Land Rover in Gaydon, Warwickshire-
Home - ITNSource News

Video:
Prince Harry was given the chance to show off his driving skills during a visit to the Jaguar Land Rover Driving Challenge in Warwickshire today. The 29 year old royal was driven around the assault course in a Land Rover Discovery before getting behind the wheels of a white sports car to put it through its paces around the venue's race circuit. He later presented the first medals in his inaugural Invictus Games for the driving challenge at Jaguar Land Rover in Gaydon, Warwickshire-
http://news.itnsource.com/?SearchTerm=PRINCE HARRY ATTENDS INVICTUS GAMES DRIVING CHALLENGE

Last edited:
Not sure if this is the right thread. Great picture

BritishMonarchy ‏@BritishMonarchy 7m
@InvictusLondon Buckingham Palace is getting behind the #InvictusGames in a big way this evening #IAM pic.twitter.com/tiXCIJTj25

http://t.co/tiXCIJTj25

BP looks amazing!!

I really hope this is such a huge success for Harry. He's put so much of his heart and soul into these Games, I really hope it's an out of this World smash!!

I have seen in other threads worries about the Royal Baby news overshadowing the Games and I have no worries on that front. What's coming on Thursday out of South Africa & the Bladerunner Murder Verdict OTOH...Now that does have me concerned.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

Richard Palmer @RoyalReporter · 1h
The Duchess of Cambridge has pulled out of tonight's opening ceremony and tomorrow's athletics at the Invictus Games.

Over the next four days 400 wounded, injured or sick Servicemen and women from 13 nations will descend on the Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park to compete in the first ever Invictus Games.

Championed by Prince Harry who was inspired by the similar US Warriors Games, the event will shine a spotlight on Armed Forces personnel who have put their lives on the line and who have fought for their country.

It also aims to highlight and encourage the use of sport to inspire recovery and aid rehabilitation.

Some 130 members or veterans of the British Armed Forces will compete in the event.

Here we meet a few of them, and hear the stories that brought them to the Invictus Games.
The stories behind Britain's Invictus competitors

Princes Harry and William have arrived for the opening ceremony of the Invictus Games, a sporting contest for brave servicemen and women injured in the line of duty.
The brothers were pictured at The Queen Elizabeth Park in east London for the opening of the games, in which more than 400 injured servicemen and women will take part.
For each of them, competing in the Games is the latest turn in a long road to recovery from devastating injuries sustained in war.
Come here dad, give us a kiss! Wills and Harry embrace Prince Charles as he arrives for the opening ceremony of the Invictus Games* | Mail Online

Looks like a great crowd there.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

What a great start and Well Done Harry on his speech!!

I enjoyed the ceremony. To see our men and women of the armed services coming together and participating in the Invictus Games is very touching and may all of them have fun and win some medals. I'm glad our President and First Lady supports the games and those who serve our countries.

Well done Prince Harry and the team behind putting these events together.

How wonderfully proud Charles must be feeling right now as he thinks over the events of the opening of the Invictus Games. This was Harry's baby from the very beginning from the idea planted at the US games to the final opening ceremony and the parade of athletes.

No matter what any one's comment in the DM is or how they can look at and bash Harry for being a posh, playboy prince, Harry is a man that has actually accomplished something in a major way that will continue long after he is gone or our planet finds a way to end all wars.

Not bad for a 30 year old in my book. Well done Harry!

Charles & Camilla and William looked very proud of Harry for putting this event together. I'm sure Catherine watched from home and is too proud of her brother-in-law.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom