The Duke of Sussex and The Invictus Games: 2014 and 2016-2018, 2020

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A day of polo in Singapore and then a few days in Australia and at what cost. As Phil Dampier said on Twitter, "It's hard life"

I think you've set the bar pretty low Osipi. If this visit qualifies him as an 'action man', sign me up :lol:

I just keep remembering that what the public sees a royal doing is just the tip of the iceberg of the work a royal does. :D

It is indeed. There are meetings, paperwork, networking, promoting before most engagements. Harry is very much identified with the Invictus Games and they are in existence because of his hard work and inspiration. I'm sure we'll see the culmination in Toronto.

Prince Harry secures Sydney east waterfront mansion | Daily Mail Online

Could this be Prince Harry's Sydney home? The Royal's minders secure $400 million waterfront mansion ahead of his visit

"Kensington Palace have revealed more details about Prince Harry's exciting trip to Singapore and Sydney in June this year. According to the palace's official Twitter page, the Prince will attended an AFA (Action for AIDS) reception while in Singapore before taking part in an iftar, the breaking of the fast during Ramadan. He will also take part in the Royal Salute Cup in order to raise funds for Sentebale."

Further details released about Prince Harry's visit to Singapore and Sydney in June

Prince Harry has unveiled the UK team for his third Invictus Games at the Tower of London.

Prince Harry unveils UK team for third Invictus Games at the Tower of London | London Evening Standard

Last edited by a moderator:
Something just isn't right with this headline. As long as I've been following Harry, I've never known him to be overly extreme in spending big bucks for something for a short stay in a place. Granted that the places he has stayed most likely weren't cheap by any means but this is kind of OTT.

I'm sure Harry will spend time in Sydney connected with the Invictus games but I don't see him getting a place like the Daily Fail seems to think.

I think some Sydney real estate people have been in touch with the DM. It reminds me a bit of that mansion in Norfolk Harry was going to snap up, according to the Press, and he'd probably never seen the place! I think Harry may very well stay in a nice discreet Sydney hotel and leave waterfront mansions to others.

The other odd thing is claiming Meghan will be there when the trip seems to overlap with ATX; her table read is June 11. It seems really unlikely that she's going to go from Toronto to Australia for a Wednesday - Saturday trip, then fly back via Texas.

The media is mad for Harry-Meghan sightings at the moment. They're panting for an engagement. I too don't believe Meghan would make that massive trip for just a few days. Harry has other things on his plate when he arrives here in Oz. It's a working trip, not a holiday.

Sounds like an exciting and worthwhile trip! I'm glad that Harry is able to play polo again after some months with a bad back when he wasn't able to play at all. Helping to break the fast after Ramadam sounds intriguing. Wonder what sort of food he will try?

Harry seems to be the adventurous type so I bet he tries a little bit of everything and really gets into the mood of celebrating the festivities. I find it touching that Harry is doing this because it indicates that he respects and wants to be a part of a beautiful holiday that is so important to our Muslim friends. Its another example of not being there just for the events but being there to embrace the people and culture he's among.

This will be an interesting trip to follow Harry on. :D

Prince Harry and The Invictus Games: 2014 and 2016-2017

Wish he was coming to Melbourne too.

Just a quick visit to see a AFL game hehe

:previous: I agree. Melbourne is fantastic, and great place for afl.

I am looking forward to this trip to Sydney and Singapore. His tours are a bit more exciting to watch. Hope we see him trying a few things on the trip.

Yeah his tours are fun he always gets involved and seems to really enjoy what he's doing

I'm sure they're all primed up and ready to go and will do their country proud! Many of them have probably been training since the last Invictus Games.

Prince Harry is due to do a public walkabout tomorrow in Sydney.

In the Campbell Cove area of Circular Quay - just near the hotel Pippa and James stayed at last week. (At 2.00pm local time.)

He's watching a sailing race on the Harbour beforehand.

Last edited:
What a pity the Matthews couldn't have hung around. They could have watched the boat race together on that magnificent harbour! I'm sure people will come out for this popular member of the BRF on his walkabout and exchange a few pleasantries. Hope they ask him about Meghan...oops!

He'll see "Vivid" at least Curryong - it's still going - as he is staying in one of the hotels on the Harbour and a lot of the festival is around that area.

(I don't think he will be at the same hotel as Pippa and James' though. People walking across the Harbour Bridge can look down onto that hotel, the pool/spa/sun-lounge area on it's roof.)

Last edited:

And the weather's cracked up polyesco - still, Harry is ploughing on, and is currently a few streets away at Admiralty House giving a speech. (Indoors).

Video of the speech -

Prince Harry pays tribute to Australian victims of London attack - 9news.com.au
http://www.9news.com.au/national/2017/06/06/17/58/prince-harry-sydney-security-invictus-games

Last edited:
Thank heavens Harry, and everybody else listening to him, is indoors. This really is the wrong time to come to Australia and see us at our best. Cold and gusty! However, it's good that Harry is keeping an eye on everything that is going on in order to make Sydney Invictus 2018 a roaring success.

Thank heavens Harry, and everybody else listening to him, is indoors. This really is the wrong time to come to Australia and see us at our best. Cold and gusty! However, it's good that Harry is keeping an eye on everything that is going on in order to make Sydney Invictus 2018 a roaring success.

Someone in the crowd handed him a cup of tea and a Tim Tam Curryong - everyone absolutely drenched.

Lots of photos and info already on Daily Mail.

Currently in the Overseas Passenger Terminal at Circular Quay. (Which is opposite the Opera House for anyone who doesn't know Sydney.)

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4579490/Prince-Harry-drenched-Sydney-greeting-fans.html

And Daphne - in her nineties - braved the weather to see Harry again. (I chickend out, but saw some of the action on the Harbour - when the rain wasnt' too heavy to blot it out. Lots of fork lightening and a bit of thunder too.)

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...y-charms-ladies-Australia-Invictus-Games.html

Last edited:
'Female guests enthralled by Harry's thrilling conversation'? My goodness, he must be good! :lol:

All, the same, it's great that he and some stalwart fans met up again and everyone braved the horrible weather! A cuppa and a Tim Tam. What more could you need when you're in a rainstorm and water's dripping from your nose? Everybody seems in good spirits though, and cheers for Daphne, what a trooper! I'd have been there if I had been in Sydney. Hoping for better weather though for Invictus 2018.

'Female guests enthralled by Harry's thrilling conversation'? My goodness, he must be good! :lol:

All, the same, it's great that he and some stalwart fans met up again and everyone braved the horrible weather! A cuppa and a Tim Tam. What more could you need when you're in a rainstorm and water's dripping from your nose? Everybody seems in good spirits though, and cheers for Daphne, what a trooper! I'd have been there if I had been in Sydney. Hoping for better weather though for Invictus 2018.

"He must be good!" - It seems so Curryong.

Here is a first hand account from today's public walkabout, showing why Harry is so popular with the public.

(And everyone is so wet!)

Honey's brush with Harry
http://honey.nine.com.au/2017/06/07/15/56/honeys-brush-with-harry

Last edited:
Last edited by a moderator:
'Charming...dreamboat,' 'lost in his dreamy eyes' 'never wash my hands again' and all while the rain is pouring and everyone is soaked! I saw him a couple of years ago and the effect on people around me and even me was pretty well the same, :lol: except we didn't have the rain to contend with. He's a very down to earth and lovely guy and I bet the people he met won't forget this in a hurry!

'Charming...dreamboat,' 'lost in his dreamy eyes' 'never wash my hands again' and all while the rain is pouring and everyone is soaked! I saw him a couple of years ago and the effect on people around me and even me was pretty well the same, :lol: except we didn't have the rain to contend with. He's a very down to earth and lovely guy and I bet the people he met won't forget this in a hurry!

That's so awesome that you got to meet him! From the news clips I have seen, even though there was such a downpour, Harry spent a lot of time shaking hands and talking with a lot people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom