The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Prince Harry and Prince William

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 04-29-2016, 03:59 AM
Heir Apparent

Tiggersk8, perhaps you could make a quick trip to see him before you leave?

Old 04-29-2016, 12:33 PM
Nobility

https://twitter.com/KensingtonRoyal

Unfortunately for you @FLOTUS and @POTUS I wasn't alone when you sent me that video 😉 - H.

haha, love it

Old 04-29-2016, 12:45 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Love the reaction of H.M.The Queen
Old 04-29-2016, 12:47 PM
Heir Apparent

That is so cute!
Old 04-29-2016, 12:53 PM
Royal Highness

Ahh that is such a great video. Had a good laugh at it.

He is gathering such great press for himself and the Invictus Games, it's kinda crazy but in a good way. Doing a really brilliant job.
Old 04-29-2016, 12:54 PM
Heir Apparent

LMAO That's so much fun. Lovely sense of fun by all. Great fun to see.

I'm so proud of how Harry has conducted himself. His informal yet determined work
for veterans is admirable.
Old 04-29-2016, 01:20 PM
Serene Highness

'Oh really?' Queen's hilarious reaction after the Obamas lay down the gauntlet to Prince Harry over Invictus Games | Daily Mail Online
Old 04-29-2016, 01:25 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Now that video is absolutely priceless!! There's a whole lot of cooperation goin' on (and some healthy competition too) with these Invictus Games. Its a win/win event.
“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon
Old 04-29-2016, 01:26 PM
Gentry

Awesome!!!
Old 04-29-2016, 01:51 PM
Royal Highness

Video:
Prince Harry joined the Sky Sports Game Changers show on Tuesday 19 April, filming a special episode dedicated to the Invictus Games. Game Changers is a fun weekly children's sports show on Sky, which encourages children to get active.
Home - ITNSource News

I didn't noticed the article, but I love the video.

From Kensington Palace twitter account:

Unfortunately for you @FLOTUS and @POTUS I wasn't alone when you sent me that video �� - H.

Old 04-29-2016, 01:54 PM
Heir Apparent

Such great work from Harry on the Invictus Games. Great cause!
Old 04-29-2016, 02:11 PM
Royal Highness

The Queen isn't just the best, most beloved, most iconic head of state. She's by far the most funniest too.
Old 04-29-2016, 02:24 PM
Imperial Majesty

Love the videos of the Obama's vs the Windsor's!

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 04-29-2016, 02:46 PM
Majesty

I agree. I loved HM's reaction here. It's as though she's saying, "Who do they think they are?!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROYAL NORWAY View Post
The Queen isn't just the best, most beloved, most iconic head of state. She's by far the most funniest too.
Old 04-29-2016, 03:42 PM
Heir Apparent

The Queen is pretty cool for giving this a go

I'm certainly a fan of the royals using social media and I think it's great they release a video like this but the usual suspects (reporters) are on twitter (ironic) discussing the royals bypassing traditional press and putting out this video via social media for their PR purposes.

Richard Palmer predicts at this rate, Harry's engagement will be announced via Twitter
Old 04-29-2016, 04:01 PM
Royal Highness

These reporters are (as I've said before) starting to make me angry. And do they really mean that Harry should have invited the BBC, ITV and the papers etc to Windsor to record this video.
Old 04-29-2016, 04:03 PM
Heir Apparent

Love the video So great the queen was part. She has an amazing sense of humor. Glad she joined Harry for it. Amazing queen and grandma

Harry has been doing such an incredible job with these games
Old 04-29-2016, 04:53 PM
Aristocracy

Wonderful video! I watched it 6 times!!
Old 04-29-2016, 04:55 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
My take on it is that by releasing this video via social media, it seems a bit more personal, a bantering exchange between friends rather than a formal, stiff announcement at a press conference. This way, it also took the focus off of the VIPs as heads of state and representatives but rather bantering Americans razzing the Brits and the Brits razzing back. All in good fun and if the reporters are the only ones that seem to have sour grapes about this rather than praise it for the gem it truly is, its their loss.

Social media is here to stay and can reach far more people faster than reporters writing a column or "scooping" a story.

I also have to agree with Scarebaby. I've watched this several times and love it! I'd love to see this play as a commercial here in the States on TV to plug the Invictus Games. Harry really had a grand idea and worked so hard to make it what it is today.
“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon
Old 04-29-2016, 05:19 PM
Heir Apparent

Here the ESPN schedule for the TV coverage in the US

http://espn.go.com/espn/story/_/id/1...s-orlando-2016

ESPN2 has the opening and closing ceremonies with a daily wrap up show. The actual events are only on ESPN3 which is streaming service.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community