The Duke of Sussex and The Invictus Games: 2014 and 2016-2018, 2020

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
LMAO That's so much fun. Lovely sense of fun by all. Great fun to see.

I'm so proud of how Harry has conducted himself. His informal yet determined work
for veterans is admirable.

Now that video is absolutely priceless!! There's a whole lot of cooperation goin' on (and some healthy competition too) with these Invictus Games. Its a win/win event.

Video:
Prince Harry joined the Sky Sports Game Changers show on Tuesday 19 April, filming a special episode dedicated to the Invictus Games. Game Changers is a fun weekly children's sports show on Sky, which encourages children to get active.
Home - ITNSource News

I didn't noticed the article, but I love the video.

From Kensington Palace twitter account:

Unfortunately for you @FLOTUS and @POTUS I wasn't alone when you sent me that video �� - H.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KuNcSp2T4Lw

Such great work from Harry on the Invictus Games. Great cause!

The Queen isn't just the best, most beloved, most iconic head of state. She's by far the most funniest too.

Love the videos of the Obama's vs the Windsor's!

I agree. I loved HM's reaction here. It's as though she's saying, "Who do they think they are?!" :ROFLMAO:

The Queen isn't just the best, most beloved, most iconic head of state. She's by far the most funniest too.

The Queen is pretty cool for giving this a go

I'm certainly a fan of the royals using social media and I think it's great they release a video like this but the usual suspects (reporters) are on twitter (ironic) discussing the royals bypassing traditional press and putting out this video via social media for their PR purposes.

Richard Palmer predicts at this rate, Harry's engagement will be announced via Twitter :bang:

These reporters are (as I've said before) starting to make me angry. And do they really mean that Harry should have invited the BBC, ITV and the papers etc to Windsor to record this video.

Love the video :ROFLMAO: So great the queen was part. She has an amazing sense of humor. Glad she joined Harry for it. Amazing queen and grandma:flowers:

Harry has been doing such an incredible job with these games

My take on it is that by releasing this video via social media, it seems a bit more personal, a bantering exchange between friends rather than a formal, stiff announcement at a press conference. This way, it also took the focus off of the VIPs as heads of state and representatives but rather bantering Americans razzing the Brits and the Brits razzing back. All in good fun and if the reporters are the only ones that seem to have sour grapes about this rather than praise it for the gem it truly is, its their loss.

Social media is here to stay and can reach far more people faster than reporters writing a column or "scooping" a story.

I also have to agree with Scarebaby. I've watched this several times and love it! I'd love to see this play as a commercial here in the States on TV to plug the Invictus Games. Harry really had a grand idea and worked so hard to make it what it is today.

Last edited:
How great was that video ? only Harry could pull something like that off

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

How great was that video ? only Harry could pull something like that off

The more I think about it, the more I'm starting to think this was all hatched over dinner at KP when the Obamas were there. It does lay to rest for me any doubt in my mind that the three of them, W&K&H, with the Obamas enjoy each other's company and they got Granny in on the act too. Perfectly planned and brilliantly executed! :D

The date on Harry's phone is April 27, so he recorded his bit two days ago. Difficult to say when the Obamas did theirs. It's only a few seconds so it may have been today

Great that the Queen agreed to publicise the Invictus Games like this on behalf of her grandson Harry. He gets on well with Michelle too so it was terrific that the Obamas were happy to get in on the joke!

Prince Harry and The Invictus Games: 2014 and 2016

I think this was a great video and it had a warm feel IMO, I loved HM's reaction at the end, haha.

I think it's a good thing that royals are using social media, because they can communicate with a wider audience and can also follow accounts of charities and organisations that they are working with, which could also help them to become more involved in the charity/organisation. I think social media is a "prominent" part of modern life as most people use some form of it. Although I understand that there are cons (I have experienced them) I think there are a lot of pros of social media.

That was great! It's obvious she has a great sense of humor...remember the London Olympics?

How cool for Harry to be in on this! Very much a part of the 'Firm'.

LaRae

As I said in my previous post: The Queen isn't just the best, most beloved, most iconic head of state. She's by far the most funniest too.

Prince Harry enlists the Queen to star in funniest royal video since London 2012 James Bond stunt
The spoof, weeks in the planning, is understood to have been arranged some time before the Obamas had dinner with Prince Harry and the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge at Kensington Palace. It was filmed at Windsor Castle on Wednesday.

I just love when she look at Harry here:
http://cdn.images.express.co.uk/img/dynamic/106/590x/secondary/Queen-526150.jpg

Last edited:
You know the family is enjoying these videos.

Love the video :ROFLMAO: So great the queen was part. She has an amazing sense of humor. Glad she joined Harry for it. Amazing queen and grandma:flowers:

Harry has been doing such an incredible job with these games

This video was priceless! Great job by all-POTUS, FLOTUS, HM and Harry. Very funny. What an innovative, fun, and funny way to promote the Games.

The Queen, in particular, cracked me up. Her tone of voice and facial expressions were hilarious. Loved it. Clearly- Harry and Grandma should tag-team more often.

I can't imagine all the work Harry's put into these games. Good for him. And it's great that he's got so much support.

Prince Harry and The Invictus Games: 2014 and 2016

Tiggersk8, perhaps you could make a quick trip to see him before you leave?

I live in NE Ontario, but wish I lived in Toronto, as life would be much easier (Send a PM for the back story, you might regret it though. ;) ). The earliest I can go down is Tuesday, so no Prince Harry sighting for me I'm afraid.

Had one of my bad days, so catching up and...That is priceless!! Love HM's reaction and look she gives Harry is just perfect!!

Love, love, love it!!

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

Last edited:
:whistling:Harry referred to the FLOTUS as Michelle. She referred to him as Prince Harry.

Harry bring it on.:boxing:

Why not challenge the FLOTUS to a sprint or weight lifting?

The 52 year old from the South Side of Chicago will teach you a lesson.:boxing:

:whistling:Harry referred to the FLOTUS as Michelle. She referred to him as Prince Harry.

Harry bring it on.:boxing:

Why not challenge the FLOTUS to a sprint or weight lifting?

The 52 year old from the South Side of Chicago will teach you a lesson.:boxing:

Not really sure what point your making
I love it.I think we can see everyone loves Harry and to bring out the cheeky side of the Queen is priceless

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Saw on Toronto News last night the Mascot for next year's Games was unveiled at an Invictus event at a school. Unfortunately, my back was turned, and by the time I turned, I didn't get a good look. I think he's a lion, but his name is Vimy, another link to Vimy Ridge & next year's 100th Anniversary.

He'll be at the kick off to countdown event w/Harry on Monday.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom