The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 04-06-2018, 04:54 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqui24 View Post
I fail to see how Meghan clings to Harry for dear life. From what I've seen for everyone one of their engagements, they are quite openly tactile with each other, but I don't see anyone overly needy to clingy here.
Well then, we have a difference of opinion, don't we?

Old 04-06-2018, 04:54 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
Meghan never needed to "improve". Of all the royal brides to marry into the BRF in the past 50 years, I think Meghan is the most well adjusted to the role before the wedding to come along. She gets right into the thick of doing things.

Meghan compliments Harry and Harry compliments Meghan. You don't see Prince Harry and his fiancee nor do you see Meghan Markle with Harry somewhere in the background. You see HarryandMeghan as a team.

Its not about a ring or the clothes but about what they do together and from what I've seen, what matters to one, matters to the other and they're a united front that is going to be formidable wherever they go.

So, when it comes to the Invictus Games, they'll be there taking in the entire e event and I'm looking forward to that. I loved the Toronto games.

BTW: there is a separate thread for discussing Meghan's fashions and looks.
Brilliant, well said

Old 04-06-2018, 04:55 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missy- View Post
Well then, we have a difference of opinion, don't we?
Actually clinging to someone for dear life really isn't an opinion. It's a matter of fact or not.
Old 04-06-2018, 04:57 PM
Majesty

I think engagements like today show Meghan does have a lot to learn. Being an actress doesn’t equal being comfortable as a royal.

It was a good idea to get Meghan out and about before marriage to get her some experience. It’s still early days.
Old 04-06-2018, 04:58 PM
Courtier

I think saying, that 'Meghan clings onto Harry' is unfair, when both of them are equally tactile. I don't get why some get so upset at handholding or touching each other's arm or back.

I think Meghan has been doing wonderfully from the start, and seems to get even more confident each engagement.
Old 04-06-2018, 05:55 PM
Imperial Majesty

Video:
Meghan on the job with confidence indeed-
https://mobile.twitter.com/RE_DailyM...71977175486464

A.W. TOZER
Old 04-06-2018, 06:03 PM
Majesty

I don't mind how tactile they are with each other. It's rather charming to see IMO. I don't think it's excessive.

LaRae
Old 04-06-2018, 06:38 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
I think engagements like today show Meghan does have a lot to learn. Being an actress doesn’t equal being comfortable as a royal.

It was a good idea to get Meghan out and about before marriage to get her some experience. It’s still early days.
Not sure what you mean here. Meghan's fashion is one thing and we can agree to disagree on her style choices. But, in terms of interacting with the public and showing a genuine interest in the organizations they meet on engagements, I think she's killed it since day 1. Especially considering day 1 was literally 4 days after their engagement announcement.
Old 04-06-2018, 06:45 PM
Heir Apparent

It seems to me that she is perfectly well behaved for the occasion. Of course they hold each other, they are in love !!!!
Old 04-06-2018, 06:46 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal Suitor View Post
Not sure what you mean here. Meghan's fashion is one thing and we can agree to disagree on her style choices. But, in terms of interacting with the public and showing a genuine interest in the organizations they meet on engagements, I think she's killed it since day 1. Especially considering day 1 was literally 4 days after their engagement announcement.
I disagree. For me and I realise our opinions are subjective, but for me Meghan seems awkward it some pictures and videos. It’s like she’s either out of place or doesn’t know what to do.

As I stated in my previous post, it’s early days, and I’m glad Harry is giving Meghan an introduction to royal life.
Old 04-06-2018, 06:55 PM
Serene Highness

This event was probably the most impressed I was with Meghan. This event was full of people Harry was quite familiar with and it showed. She managed to mingle and not look intimated despite being the odd one out at times. It could have been pretty awkward but she just went about showing her confidence in her new role.

She is still learning and will continue to grow with each engagement. I am glad they have all been quite different so she can really get a broad look at her new life. By the time IG rolls around again she will be in a different place as well. Nice engagement.
Old 04-06-2018, 09:06 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missy- View Post
The showing the ring off in the beginning is annoying, but I'm glad she's dressed appropriately (no torn jeans, logo T-shirt, flat shoes) and that she's not clinging to Harry for dear life, so points for improvement.
What do you mean? I saw no showing of her ring. Is there another video?
Old 04-06-2018, 09:29 PM
Heir Presumptive

I didn’t see her showing off her ring but I did see the ring and it looked very loose. My thoughts were get that ring resized
Old 04-06-2018, 09:37 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post

She seems quite comfortable to me. And based on all the accounts we’ve had from people that we were there, they seem to think she’s comfortable too. Now, wasn’t she criticized at the Foundation forum by some as being TOO comfortable in sharing her opinion?
Old 04-06-2018, 09:38 PM
Heir Apparent

She's lost an awful lot of weight lately all round. And yes the ring looks loose though so long as it doesn't slip over Meghan's knuckle it should be all right. There'll be a wedding ring keeping it in place soon enough!

Btw I thought Meghan interacted well with the vets and others she met yesterday. Everyone seemed pleased to see her, she chatted and laughed with those she met. No sign of awkwardness at all that I could see. And she wasn't pushing herself on to people. Everyone seemed delighted to talk with both her and Harry.
Old 04-07-2018, 01:23 AM
Courtier

I think Meghan has a good instinct on when to hold back a bit, and when to be more sociable, more open and forward, for the lack of better word. Emily Andrews complimented her on that, I think during the Birmingham visit, too, she knows when to learn and listen. I didn't see any awkwardness during this visit, at least the clips I saw.
Old 04-07-2018, 12:43 PM
Courtier

Lets not forget this is on the job training and IMHO Meghan has shown she is ready and eager to work. People she has met mention that she knows who they are beforehand and she clearly does her homework. Like all newbies she will make mistakes, she will handle awkward moments but what is clear about MM is she learns quickly.
Old 04-07-2018, 01:01 PM
Royal Highness

Also the very experienced royals make mistakes. That's very hard to be (completely) avoided.
Old 04-07-2018, 08:35 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Somebody View Post
Also the very experienced royals make mistakes. That's very hard to be (completely) avoided.
I've read in a couple places that the Queen actually gets a kick out of things going wrong sometimes. It detracts from the everyday, boring and repetitious rote of events and brightens things up a little bit. Philip could always be counted on to throw something in the mix to stir things up.
No law can be sacred to me but that of my nature. Good and bad are but names very readily transferable to that or this; the only right is what is after my constitution, the only wrong what is against it.

~~~Ralph Waldo Emerson~~~
Old 04-07-2018, 08:52 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Nimue View Post
What do you mean? I saw no showing of her ring. Is there another video?

Interesting, since I felt a certain tiredness (subdued energy) which may well be the case, given the recent flights to and from LA and then all the wedding preparations. So much pressure, especially on her. Cannot be easy. They need to have a pre-wedding vacation.

But then, it could also be because I am tired today. Ha! I am.
Why yes, actually, there were a number of videos. Here's the one I'm referring to for your elucidation. https://itnproductions.com/news/vide...rials?type=raw

The moment she walks into the gymnasium she has that ring on parade.