The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-01-2017, 12:28 AM
Nobility

The Invictus Games were an absolute success, and Harry was great. I'm so glad he got to share some of it with Meghan, and I'm so glad her mother joined the closing ceremony. Lovely pictures, Harry and Meghan look so happy.

Old 10-01-2017, 12:31 AM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Watch out Curryong, 2018 is in Oz and we're all coming to your place to watch the games together.

Old 10-01-2017, 12:35 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

This thread is for the Invictus Games. All discussions about Meghan and Harry’s relationship and a potential engagement/marriage have been deleted. Please stay on-topic.
Old 10-01-2017, 12:46 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
Watch out Curryong, 2018 is in Oz and we're all coming to your place to watch the games together.
I'll be going up to Sydney, but if you'd like to come we'll all share a hotel room after I show you the sights! We will have a ball!
Old 10-01-2017, 02:10 AM
Courtier

More pics from DF of Meghan and Harry.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.daily...Games-day.html
Old 10-01-2017, 03:10 AM
Majesty

Fantastic photos. Glad to see an amazing end to the games

Glad to hear Harry say it will continue. Its doing such amazing work.

Love seeing not only Meghan and her friends with Harry, but her mother as well. Its great that she could be there with her daughter and Harry.

Great showing by all the countries. Wonderful close, now on to 2018 games.
Old 10-01-2017, 07:30 AM
Heir Apparent

Glad to see these wounded soldiers honored !!!!! They gave so much of their life
Old 10-01-2017, 08:25 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqui24 View Post

Good grief she even looks gorgeous in grainy/fuzzy pics!

The pics of Harry talking to her mom...you can tell they have already developed a relationship ..they are comfortable with each other. More than a few meetings/discussions have gone on there before.

The pics of Harry and Meghan are quite charming and very much tell the story of how they feel about each other.

LaRae
Old 10-01-2017, 08:48 AM
Courtier

It is great thing that there is this event for these servicemen and their families. They sacrifice so much and too many men and women come home wounded in mind and or body. I hope the games continue as long as they are needed.
Old 10-01-2017, 12:59 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqui24 View Post

Man - you just can't get a bad shot of Meghan - she looks gorgeous in each and every last one! No awkward face - just gorgeous. Her mom has the same gift. Wow.

I'm gonna see if I can find footage of the actual game they were watching on Friday - they seemed focused a lot on one of the USA basketball players - wondering if he was a standout star or something.
Old 10-01-2017, 01:11 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by FashionMaven View Post
Man - you just can't get a bad shot of Meghan - she looks gorgeous in each and every last one! No awkward face - just gorgeous. Her mom has the same gift. Wow.

I'm gonna see if I can find footage of the actual game they were watching on Friday - they seemed focused a lot on one of the USA basketball players - wondering if he was a standout star or something.
If you ask me, each and every athlete that participated in the games, win or lose, are "stars" in their own right. That's what the games were all about. To be honest, other than some of the athletes that were profiled and their stories told, I don't think much emphasis was put on individuality but it was more on the teams.

As I've said before, Meghan could wear a potato sack and look drop dead gorgeous. I don't think its all physical beauty either. There is just an aura of something very genuine about her. Like HM, The Queen, when she smiles, she smiles with her whole face and her eyes sparkle and she comes across as being very, very real. That's what happens when you're comfortable with your freckles.
Old 10-01-2017, 01:14 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
If you ask me, each and every athlete that participated in the games, win or lose, are "stars" in their own right. That's what the games were all about. To be honest, other than some of the athletes that were profiled and their stories told, I don't think much emphasis was put on individuality but it was more on the teams.

As I've said before, Meghan could wear a potato sack and look drop dead gorgeous. I don't think its all physical beauty either. There is just an aura of something very genuine about her. Like HM, The Queen, when she smiles, she smiles with her whole face and her eyes sparkle and she comes across as being very, very real. That's what happens when you're comfortable with your freckles.
Agree about the team emphasis - just looking at the DF photos and there was one USA basketball player that got a lot of pictures - even one with Harry - so I just wondered if the media focus on him was because he was a player that stood out or had a big game.

It turns out a player from Denmark had the most points in the game though - looks like it was the USA team effort that won them the game. And the game was actually really close.
Old 10-01-2017, 01:32 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

HRH Prince Harry attends the 2017 Invictus Games Closing Ceremony at the Air Canada Centre in Toronto.

PPE Agency
Old 10-01-2017, 01:39 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
Good grief she even looks gorgeous in grainy/fuzzy pics!

The pics of Harry talking to her mom...you can tell they have already developed a relationship ..they are comfortable with each other. More than a few meetings/discussions have gone on there before.

The pics of Harry and Meghan are quite charming and very much tell the story of how they feel about each other.

LaRae
I thought so too

All in all a brilliant and worthy event set up by a kind hearted, compassionate man. You could just tell that the competitors were all excited and a brilliant time was had by all. I have a wonderful feeling about H&M, they will go the distance... I’m so happy Harry invited Meghan and her mum along and they were there to support him and the games.
Old 10-01-2017, 02:01 PM
Nobility

Before the games I kept hearing that it would end in 2020, I'm so happy Harry is going to keep it going. They have really created a community of not just the soldiers but also the family, the children, that community is so important. What a fantastic job!

The official rollout of Meghan Markle was also seamless from beginning to end.

I love MM's casual Cali style, while her clothes where normal what made it work is that she wears the clothes, they do not wear her, so instead of being on display she seemed comfortable and at ease.

All in all it was a great event and Harry is an inspirational speaker and figure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by American Observer7 View Post

So cute, he was waiting at that exact moment in the song to kiss her!! and if any protocol is being broke, then its Harry who did it!!
Old 10-01-2017, 03:13 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlowVera View Post
Before the games I kept hearing that it would end in 2020, I'm so happy Harry is going to keep it going. They have really created a community of not just the soldiers but also the family, the children, that community is so important. What a fantastic job!

The official rollout of Meghan Markle was also seamless from beginning to end.

I love MM's casual Cali style, while her clothes where normal what made it work is that she wears the clothes, they do not wear her, so instead of being on display she seemed comfortable and at ease.

All in all it was a great event and Harry is an inspirational speaker and figure.

So cute, he was waiting at that exact moment in the song to kiss her!! and if any protocol is being broke, then its Harry who did it!!
Yep, You’re right.
Old 10-02-2017, 05:14 AM
Heir Apparent

I don't think the Closing Ceremony was featured in the CC again. That online site is completely hopeless.
Old 10-02-2017, 11:18 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlowVera View Post
I hope it keeps going too. I wonder why they would even consider ending it. It seems to me something that will just keep getting bigger and bigger.
Old 10-02-2017, 12:16 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by duchessrachel View Post
I hope it keeps going too. I wonder why they would even consider ending it. It seems to me something that will just keep getting bigger and bigger.
My understanding is that Harry initially thought it would have a "shelf life" because the main conflicts that resulted in so many injured veterans was winding down. If that happens, then there would be a lack of competitors.

"The Prince has previously hinted that the Games had a "shelf life", with plans for five years of games laid out before it was believed he and competitors would quietly move on." 'Sky's the limit' for Invictus Games, says Prince Harry, claiming he feels 'social responsibility' to help more veterans
Old 10-02-2017, 12:18 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by csw View Post
My understanding is that Harry initially thought it would have a "shelf life" because the main conflicts that resulted in so many injured veterans was winding down. If that happens, then there would be a lack of competitors.

"The Prince has previously hinted that the Games had a "shelf life", with plans for five years of games laid out before it was believed he and competitors would quietly move on." 'Sky's the limit' for Invictus Games, says Prince Harry, claiming he feels 'social responsibility' to help more veterans
I guess this would be kind of a blessing - that fewer soldiers were being wounded in conflicts since there are fewer conflicts.