The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 09-29-2017, 02:10 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
I don't get to say this very often but kudos to the Daily Mail for one fantastic article. I sat and read through it twice. It was that good.

This is our Harry at his very best. How easily he could have done his part, showed up for some of the events, waved to the crowds and then do whatever pleased him in Toronto. Harry goes the extra mile. He isn't just the patron of these games but through his actions, he shows that these games, and more importantly, the people that are there participating in the games, are a big part of his life and his heart. People matter.

I loved the message he sends out to the crowd at WE day. He speaks from the heart and every word had meaning and hopefully will be words remembered not only by those that heard him speak, but all of us that read those words.

This is a man making a difference on the world stage. I get the feeling too that he's just begun to make his mark.

Old 09-29-2017, 03:18 PM
Commoner

The connect he has with these veterans and their families is genuine and that's what makes Harry stand out amongst a bunch of rather stuffy royals ! He doesn't just show up at an event n give the customary handshake rather he goes the extra mile with the common man and this will what will be Harry's legacy - his human touch !

Old 09-29-2017, 04:27 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
I don't get to say this very often but kudos to the Daily Mail for one fantastic article. I sat and read through it twice. It was that good.

This is our Harry at his very best. How easily he could have done his part, showed up for some of the events, waved to the crowds and then do whatever pleased him in Toronto. Harry goes the extra mile. He isn't just the patron of these games but through his actions, he shows that these games, and more importantly, the people that are there participating in the games, are a big part of his life and his heart. People matter.

I loved the message he sends out to the crowd at WE day. He speaks from the heart and every word had meaning and hopefully will be words remembered not only by those that heard him speak, but all of us that read those words.

This is a man making a difference on the world stage. I get the feeling too that he's just begun to make his mark.
ICAM. My sister knows literally nothing about Royals and cares even less-but she is completely charmed by Harry.

"The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice". Martin Luther King Jr. 1929-1968
Old 09-29-2017, 04:28 PM
Nobility

Harry has done a terrific job shiny the light on these amazing athletes and their families, I hope they continue it but even if they dont this has touched and helped so many!
Old 09-29-2017, 05:31 PM
Aristocracy

So excited to see President Barack Obama and Joe Biden at the IG to support Harry!
Old 09-29-2017, 05:32 PM
Majesty

Prince Harry and former US President Barack Obama attended a wheelchair basketball game on Friday

https://www.rexfeatures.com/livefeed...games,_toronto

Barack Obama joins Prince Harry at the Invictus Games | Daily Mail Online
Old 09-29-2017, 05:36 PM
Majesty

How nice, with President Obama
https://twitter.com/RE_DailyMail/sta...56268703535106
https://twitter.com/ShutterstockNow/...61168762179584
https://twitter.com/KensingtonRoyal/...62734822985728
Old 09-29-2017, 05:40 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Without wanting to turn the thread political, seeing Obama does make me realise how much I miss him! (And I'm not even American, haha.) It's really lovely to see him there supporting Harry and the games today.

The footage of Harry's little popcorn thief from the other day was adorable - just goes to show that young children aren't bothered about impressing royalty

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 09-29-2017, 06:06 PM
Imperial Majesty

Wow, Harry & President Obama and the Biden’s together at the Invictus Games. Love it!

A.W. TOZER
Old 09-29-2017, 07:31 PM
Royal Highness

Here for Obama and Biden.

Good to see them in eachother company again. We know the friendship between Obama and Biden is real, but they genuinely seem to really like Harry too, which is nice to see.
Old 09-29-2017, 07:38 PM
Majesty

I am surprised and thrilled to see the former president and his "brother" Biden at this event, I was not expecting it!

"The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice". Martin Luther King Jr. 1929-1968
Old 09-29-2017, 07:49 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by scriptgirl View Post
So excited to see President Barack Obama and Joe Biden at the IG to support Harry!
And Dr. Biden. What fun to see them at such an important sporting event. Pres. Obama was in NJ yesterday to catch the President's Cup with Former Presidents Bush and Clinton. Smiles all around.
Old 09-29-2017, 07:58 PM
Heir Apparent

Since tomorrow is closing ceremonies wondering if we will see Meghan appear again.

LaRae
Old 09-29-2017, 08:25 PM
Nobility

They don't film Suits on Saturday so I think she will be there and hopefully sitting next to each other.
Old 09-29-2017, 08:35 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by eya View Post
Prince Harry and former US President Barack Obama attended a wheelchair basketball game on Friday.
Barack Obama joins Prince Harry at the Invictus Games | Daily Mail Online
Great photos. So nice to see Obama and Biden there.
Old 09-29-2017, 09:41 PM
Heir Presumptive

Aww..so nice to see President Obama and the Bidens there.
What wonderful support!

I have honestly never seen Prince Harry so happy!!
From the popcorn stealer to all the hugs to the kissing of athletes heads...he is just oozing happiness. He seems like he is in a really good place right now.😊 Good for him!
Old 09-29-2017, 09:47 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alisa View Post
Aww..so nice to see President Obama and the Bidens there. What wonderful support!

I have honestly never seen Prince Harry so happy!!

From the popcorn stealer to all the hugs to the kissing of athletes heads...he is just oozing happiness. He seems like he is in a really good place right now.😊 Good for him!
I have to agree, especially with Obama. Some great energy coming from the older man to the younger. It helps that Harry has Meghan 'at home' waiting for him, too. I am very glad for him. Looking good.

P.S. I bet they (Obamas and Bidens) get invited to the wedding!
Old 09-29-2017, 09:52 PM
Commoner

The Bidens are at the swimming match too.
Old 09-29-2017, 09:56 PM
Nobility

Great follow-up from former president Obama on last year's video (with the hilarious response from Harry and the Queen). I am sure Michelle Obama is sorry that she couldn't join them today.
Old 09-29-2017, 10:15 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Nimue View Post
I have to agree, especially with Obama. Some great energy coming from the older man to the younger. It helps that Harry has Meghan 'at home' waiting for him, too. I am very glad for him. Looking good.

P.S. I bet they (Obamas and Bidens) get invited to the wedding!
I bet Harry sees Pres. Obama as a mentor. He has really grown up and grown into his role. He has always been outgoing but he seems calmer yet still retaining his spirit. I look forward to seeing Harry continue to grow.
Save