The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 09-27-2017, 12:51 AM
Heir Presumptive

It's amazing what these people have been through and to come to the games and give it their all is very inspiring. Their mental strength is unbelievable

Old 09-27-2017, 02:21 AM
Heir Apparent

It's all magical isn't it? Some of the locales are airconditioned, others not, (I noticed in one photo Harry was wiping the sweat from his forehead while watching the golf.) Yet all these competitors have such grit, such determination, they put 110% of themselves into striving for themselves and their team. It's just wonderful.

Plus, I know Harry never wants this to be about him. However, IMO, in his warmhearted encouragement, his enthusiasm and his energy he is really at his best at the Invictus Games. I think he really is inspired by the strength and courage he sees all around him.

Old 09-27-2017, 11:21 AM
Courtier

I know we've mostly stuck to Harry and IG in general, but Harry awarded Mark Ormond the silver rowing IG medal last night. Kensington Palace has tweeted about his amazing story as UK's first triple amputee to survive the Afghanistan conflict.

https://twitter.com/KensingtonRoyal/...71781857464320
Old 09-27-2017, 11:36 AM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
This is what the Invictus Games are all about. Its why the emphasis is on "I AM". This is one of the stories of exceptional men and women that have found ways to not only get on with their lives after devastating things happen to them but live life to its fullest.

Thanks jacqui for finding this.
Old 09-27-2017, 01:49 PM
Majesty

Harry at the games today
Prince Harry wears chinos for third day at Invictus Games | Daily Mail Online
Old 09-27-2017, 04:52 PM
Aristocracy

When do the games end?
Old 09-27-2017, 06:07 PM
Heir Apparent

I think Friday or Saturday
Old 09-27-2017, 07:53 PM
Courtier

Article from Department of Defense on one of the US competitors and his background and experience at the IG.

https://www.defense.gov/News/Article...nvictus-games/
Old 09-27-2017, 08:18 PM
Heir Apparent

Closing ceremony is the 30th, Sat. Headliners are K Clarkson, Bachman and Turner, Bryan Adams, Bruce Springsteen and Coeur de Pirate. AND OF COURSE, THE ATHLETES, TEAMS and their families.

I'm using the Canadian flag because I think the host country has been doing a marvelous job!
Old 09-27-2017, 08:25 PM
Heir Apparent

Questions: The Invictus Games were in Toronto last year, and are in Toronto this year. Someone has suggested it would be elsewhere next year. How does that work? Is it just where Harry can get it hosted, or is there some rotating location cycle in mind? Also, was last year the first Invictus Games? Is Prince Harry a facilitator for the Games or the prime mover, the one with the idea? Many thanks for clarity.
Old 09-27-2017, 08:30 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Nimue View Post
Questions: The Invictus Games were in Toronto last year, and are in Toronto this year. Someone has suggested it would be elsewhere next year. How does that work? Is it just where Harry can get it hosted, or is there some rotating location cycle in mind? Also, was last year the first Invictus Games? Is Prince Harry a facilitator for the Games or the prime mover, the one with the idea? Many thanks for clarity.
The Invictus Games so far

2014 - London, England
2015 - No games held in 2015 to allow time for the 2016 host, Orlando, to
plan and raise funds.
2016 - Orlando, Florida
2017 - Toronto, Canada
2018 - Sydney, Australia
Old 09-27-2017, 08:45 PM
Heir Apparent

Why am I under the impression that Meghan and Harry met in Toronto last July at the Invictus Games? Also, how is Harry involved? As the one with the idea, or as a facilitator who came on board after the fact?

P.S. Thank you, Osipi, for the information.
Old 09-27-2017, 09:02 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Why am I under the impression that Meghan and Harry met in Toronto last July at the Invictus Games? Also, how is Harry involved? As the one with the idea, or as a facilitator who came on board after the fact?

You might want to check the Wikipedia page. Harry initiated it based on the Warrior Games he visited in 2013 in Colorado Springs.

Harry announced that the 2017 Invictus Games were to be held in Toronto in March 2016 and made a pre-visit to Toronto in May 2017. He may have visited a few more times after that as part of the preparation phase; maybe that is why you are confused?
Old 09-27-2017, 09:03 PM
Heir Apparent

My understanding is the I.G. are Harry's brainchild and that he was introduced to her by a friend of hers (the one sitting with her at the opening of this games this year)

LaRae
Old 09-27-2017, 09:03 PM
Courtier

Quote:

Meghan said they met through friends in London. There were reports that they could've met when Harry was in Toronto promoting the game last year. He made a trip last May after the location was announced to promote this year's game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
My understanding is the I.G. are Harry's brainchild and that he was introduced to her by a friend of hers (the one sitting with her at the opening of this games this year)

LaRae
That's an assumption. Meghan didn't name names, just that they met through friends. The Markus Anderson introduced them thing is really deductive reasoning because of the Soho House connection. Of course, it could be right, but just unconfirmed.
Old 09-27-2017, 09:06 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqui24 View Post
That's an assumption. Meghan didn't name names, just that they met through friends. The Markus Anderson introduced them thing is really deductive reasoning because of the Soho House connection. Of course, it could be right, but just unconfirmed.
Right..it's just what has been reported. Unless one of them confirm it, it's just what is being assumed.

LaRae
Old 09-27-2017, 09:26 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqui24 View Post
Meghan said they met through friends in London. There were reports that they could've met when Harry was in Toronto promoting the game last year. He made a trip last May after the location was announced to promote this year's game.
There's confusion because of errors in the VF October cover story interview with Meghan. The errors were corrected in the print newsstand version of October VF, but unfortunately they printed another error in stating that the Invictus Games would take place in Orlando this year, when it took place in Orlando last year.

Everything is assumption based on rumor, unconfirmed or faulty printed reports, and leaked gossip, until actually confirmed by the principals involved. But the fact VF erroneously quoted Meghan as stating she & Harry met in July 2016 only added to the confusion. The print version of October VF states that Harry & Meghan met in May 2016 at a charity event, but it doesn't say where they met. It could be Toronto, L.A., Orlando, Miami. There could have been more than one charity event that was held to promote 2017 Invictus. Both Markus Anderson and the designer Misha Nonoo became friends of Meghan's well before she met Prince Harry. And since Nonoo and Anderson are both acquaintances of Harry's, they have both been reported at different times as having introduced Meghan to Harry. Anderson has been the one chiefly cited as the introducer however.

I will explain further in the H&M relationship thread, since when H&M met has not a great deal to do with the actual Invictus Games.
Old 09-28-2017, 04:43 AM
Super Moderator

Indeed, the conversation about how and when Harry met Meghan is now taking place in the Harry and Meghan: Relationship Musings - The Royal Forums thread.
Old 09-28-2017, 08:59 AM
Imperial Majesty

Video:
The Most Adorable and Hilarious Moments of Prince Harry and 2 year old Emily Henson Eating Popcorn at the Invictus Games-
https://itnproductions.com/news/vide...-girl?type=raw

A.W. TOZER
Old 09-28-2017, 11:23 AM
Royal Highness

So cute .
Here is an article from The Telegraph with some pictures:

Prince Harry catches toddler stealing his popcorn*in adorable scenes*at Invictus Games