The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 09-25-2017, 06:51 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

HRH Prince Harry's Invictus Games opening speech in Toronto.

Old 09-25-2017, 12:04 PM
Heir Apparent

Piers strikes again. He weighs in on Meghan at IG

On Good Morning Britain he said “it's common sense. It's ridiculous. When have you ever been to a sporting event when you're 50m from the person you're having sex with?”

“They've done it apparently to avoid attention, all they've done is get ten times more attention”

Piers Morgan shocks with crude joke over Prince Harry | Daily Mail Online

Old 09-25-2017, 01:14 PM
Majesty

Just Piers keeping it klassy.

"The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice". Martin Luther King Jr. 1929-1968
Old 09-25-2017, 01:26 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
Piers strikes again. He weighs in on Meghan at IG

On Good Morning Britain he said “it's common sense. It's ridiculous. When have you ever been to a sporting event when you're 50m from the person you're having sex with?”

“They've done it apparently to avoid attention, all they've done is get ten times more attention”

Piers Morgan shocks with crude joke over Prince Harry | Daily Mail Online
I don’t usually agree with Morgan on a lot of stuff, but his comment make sense. It’s just that protocol got in the way. The oddness of royal life!

A.W. TOZER
Old 09-25-2017, 01:27 PM
Majesty

Prince Harry, researcher Dr. Shirazipour and Ivictus Games athlete Stephan Moreau at CIMVHR Forum earlier today (Enhancing the lives of Canadian military personnel, Veterans and their families by harnessing the national capacity for research)
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DKlAbg0WkAAvqOy.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DKk4BSKXkAUEiIl.jpg
https://twitter.com/KensingtonRoyal/...20825709166592
Harry's speech
https://www.royal.uk/speech-prince-h...rch-conference
Old 09-25-2017, 02:25 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
I don’t usually agree with Morgan on a lot of stuff, but his comment make sense. It’s just that protocol got in the way. The oddness of royal life!
Oh yeah ! Completely agree - Piers is right here! .
I mean Meghan is Harry's girlfriend for more than a year and she can't even sit next to him !!
Old 09-25-2017, 02:33 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhea6 View Post
Oh yeah ! Completely agree - Piers is right here! .
I mean Meghan is Harry's girlfriend for more than a year and she can't even sit next to him !!
But who should have been moved to make way for her? Not Flotus, nor GG and Mrs. Johnston.

The only guy who was at all questionable was the guy sitting behind the GG. Not sure who he was and don't think he spoke.
Old 09-25-2017, 02:52 PM
Imperial Majesty

It’s also down to how the couple play things too though. Meghan could’ve sat nearer to Harry too. She could’ve sat behind him. They just didn’t want the media to get the major money shot yet.

I know people grow tired of my comparisons to past royal couples when dating. Sophie Rhys-Jones sat right next to Prince Edward during the decommissioning ceremony for The Royal Yacht Britannia. That was a major royal event where royal protocol came into play. The royals can bend royal protocol when they feel like it. The younger royals like to play it differently.

A.W. TOZER
Old 09-25-2017, 02:57 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by hel View Post
But who should have been moved to make way for her? Not Flotus, nor GG and Mrs. Johnston.

The only guy who was at all questionable was the guy sitting behind the GG. Not sure who he was and don't think he spoke.

I believe the guy behind the GG was the Mayor of Toronto. Can't kick him out either
Old 09-25-2017, 02:58 PM
Courtier

I'm having trouble accessing the last page of this thread. Not sure if this has been posted, but Meghan and Harry showed up to the wheelchair tennis games.

https://twitter.com/RE_DailyMail?ref...Ctwgr%5Eauthor
Old 09-25-2017, 03:01 PM
Heir Apparent

Much ado about nothing. They've probably had that seating plan done for months and months...you don't change it just because a guy's g/f decides to come.

LaRae

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqui24 View Post
I'm having trouble accessing the last page of this thread. Not sure if this has been posted, but Meghan and Harry showed up to the wheelchair tennis games.

https://twitter.com/RE_DailyMail?ref...Ctwgr%5Eauthor

Ah very nice...thanks for sharing! Smiles all around!

LaRae
Old 09-25-2017, 03:04 PM
Courtier

While the opening ceremony isn't an "official" event as in state visit events, it's still treated as semi-official based on the people that's there. He was sitting with elected officials and their spouses. It's inappropriate to have him have his gf right next to him while they aren't engaged.

And Meghan's seat was pretty strategic for security purposes too. She sat in the closest area other than right next to the gate under Harry's seat. That'd be even more odd. She needed to sit near an exit where security can get her out ASAP if needed.
Old 09-25-2017, 03:14 PM
Majesty

more pictures from the Invictus games and CIMVHR conference
Prince Harry seen at mental health conference in Toronto | Daily Mail Online
Old 09-25-2017, 03:20 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
People were seated according to their importance to the games. It had nothing whatsoever to do with Meghan's relationship to Harry. Because a doctor is dating and having sex with a cafeteria worker, she'd never be besides him in the operating room.

It may have been different if Harry and Meghan were married and they *both* worked extensively supporting and promoting the games. As Meghan was there as a guest of Harry, she was seated accordingly.
Old 09-25-2017, 03:29 PM
Courtier

Video of the arrival.
https://twitter.com/5_News
Old 09-25-2017, 03:37 PM
Heir Apparent

Loved up at the arrival

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DKlp5G-X...jpg&name=large
Old 09-25-2017, 03:38 PM
Imperial Majesty

Again, it’s all down to the preferences of the royal couple too.

Wow, what an amazing major public appearance from Harry and Meghan. I’m glad they are comfortable on making this big appearances now. They looked lovely and in love, of course.

A.W. TOZER
Old 09-25-2017, 03:45 PM
Courtier

Just Jared has the most thorough collection of pictures of the event so far.

Prince Harry & Meghan Markle Hold Hands, Make First Public Appearance Together! | Meghan Markle, Prince Harry : Just Jared
Old 09-25-2017, 03:48 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
Again, it’s all down to the preferences of the royal couple too.

Wow, what an amazing major public appearance from Harry and Meghan. I’m glad they are comfortable on making this big appearances now. They looked lovely and in love, of course.
Yes they look very relaxed and happy.

LaRae
Old 09-25-2017, 04:14 PM
Courtier

Video of them chatting with audience and then leaving.

https://twitter.com/chrisshipitv/sta...90484802392064