The Duke of Sussex and The Invictus Games: 2014 and 2016-2018, 2020

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does he consider it a private event...so that's why?

LaRae

No. The events he did yesterday were in the CC - just not on line. All the Invictus events are official.

Its more a case of the website not being kept up to date. Even when KP publish new events via social media, the royal diary is not always updated. Same applies to Cambridges.

Let’s get back to the games please. There is a separate thread to discuss engagments recorded in the CC.

Harry did not look super happy to be hailed by the head of JLR.

Meghan is seated with one of her best friends, Markus Anderson.

Sorry.. JLR = Jaguar Land Rover, the main sponsor of the IG.

He's sitting in Harry's section, directly behind FLOTUS, with the very yellow tie. He took to the stage as one of the speakers.

Sorry.. JLR = Jaguar Land Rover, the main sponsor of the IG.

He's sitting in Harry's section, directly behind FLOTUS, with the very yellow tie. He took to the stage as one of the speakers.

Ah okay, thanks!

LaRae

Livestream link for Invictus Games:
LIVESTREAM SCHEDULE – Invictus Games 2017

Prince Harry and Melania Trump Meet at Invictus Games

Also MM is in the audience at the opening ceremonies of Invictus sitting rows behind Prince Harry next to her friend, Markus Anderson. Contrary to the headline, this is not a 'first public appearance together' for M&H. Plus, they are not sitting together and most likely they will not appear together, because this is not about them.
Prince Harry and Meghan Markle Step Out for Their First Public Appearance Together in Toronto

In this video from last May, Prince Harry discusses how he got Queen Elizabeth to appear in the Invictus video promotion with him and First Lady Obama & President Obama:

At the very end of this May 2016 video promoting last year's games in Orlando, Prince Harry speaks about the importance of his private life remaining private. He feels that most of the public get it, and he appreciates their support in rallying around his work with the Invictus Games.

Last edited by a moderator:
It looks like I can keep my cold turkey sandwich. Although they were not a prime focus, children and family was a thread running throughout the opening ceremony.

Nope. Meghan and Harry were not there "together" as during the ceremony, Harry was there in his official capacity and was seated with the other VIPs important to the games themselves. There is no way to construe anything whatsoever about Harry's private life from what I've seen with his involvement with the games in Toronto this year.

Let's keep the engagement talk out of this thread. You can discuss Meghan's attendance at the games, but discussions about Harry and Meghan's relationship should be taken to their thread.

I've had to edit a few posts, please remember the prior mod note about keeping politics out of the thread.

Last edited:
It looks like I can keep my cold turkey sandwich. Although they were not a prime focus, children and family was a thread running throughout the opening ceremony.

Nope. Meghan and Harry were not there "together" as during the ceremony, Harry was there in his official capacity and was seated with the other VIPs important to the games themselves. There is no way to construe anything whatsoever about Harry's private life from what I've seen with his involvement with the games in Toronto this year.

They were there "together" just seated apart. Most likely they arrived together and left together. It's great they didn't allow the media interest ruin their attendance.

Love the photos with Harry and the kids. He is so amazing with them. The little girl sure got a memory to keep :flowers:

Opening ceremonies were amazing. Great start to what is sure to be an amazing event. ?

Not surprised Meghan is not officially with him. There to support but not in an official capacity just yet.

One more Gallery from the Opening Ceremony

https://www.rexfeatures.com/livefeed/2017/09/23/opening_ceremony,_invictus_games,_toronto

Meghan last night at the opening ceremony of the Invictus games

https://www.rexfeatures.com/livefee...=Meghan Markle&folder=Invictus Games, Toronto

Meghan Markle ancestor worked at the windsor castle

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-4913756/Meghan-Markle-s-ancestor-royal-maid-Windsor.html

Prince Harry watches the Athletics during Day 2 of the Invictus Games 2017 at York Lions Stadium on September 24, in Toronto

Prince Harry in Invictus Games Toronto 2017 - Day 2 - Zimbio

https://www.rexfeatures.com/set/9072206

Yes good wishes to all of them. May each of them have a magnificent 2017 Invictus Games.

...especially the Aussies!

Happy to see her there ! And bravo to the competitors

The headline is misleading. She did not attend the ceremony with Harry. One would expect that, at this point in their relationship, they should have attended the opening ceremony together, not least because the Invictus Games are not technically an official state event, but rather one of Harry's private initiatives.

If she was officially his fiancée or wife she would have.

I see the DM has described it as Melania's first solo overseas visit.

And here I had no idea that Toronto was overseas; I thought it was on the same continent as the US! I'd better brush up on geography. :lol:

I get your point, but overseas in modern English actually means " in, from, or to other countries" and not necessarily in another continent, as the word would literally suggest.

I'm glad Meghan made an appearance, if nothing else, it will quiet some of the press frenzy. At least temporarily.

Although I see the DM is having a field day comparing Meghan's clothing to what Kate wore when she first began attending events.

I will search but just wondered if anyone happened to be around who knew of that link that you can use to block your location when trying to view websites? I had been watching the live stream for IG but it's now geo blocked me :(

Prince Harry thanks the Prime Minister of Canada Justin Trudeau for hosting the Invictus Games.

Prince Harry thanks the Prime Minister of Canada Justin Trudeau for hosting the Invictus Games.

Very sweet manner with Harry here. :flowers: Strikes me that Harry may be nervous and that's endearing. Though maybe it's more like he is following Mr Trudeau's lead. Can we assume they know each other socially?

P.S. Look at those socks on the Prime Minster! ?

Last edited:

I watched the entire opening ceremonies and I have to say that one of the people that impressed me the most was Justin Trudeau. The man has a presence and a way about him that just oozes with charm and self confidence. The way he bounded onto the stage and totally drew the people in.

I have to admit that at first I had no clue who he was. I watched the ceremony without sound and as it was not closed captioned, I didn't *hear* what he had to say but caught most of it because the man is easy to lip read. I think Canada has really lucked out with this man as he really seems to be a guy that is open, honest and very easy to like.

I can easily see a good friendship developing between Harry and Justin and not just because Meghan is already friends with the Trudeau family but because, in many ways, Harry and Justin are alike in their enthusiasm for life.

I was impressed with the opening ceremonies. Actually, very little focus was even put on Harry, let alone Meghan. It was about the games, the athletes and their families. I can just imagine Harry's pride in how it all went, how the IGs are creating something very real that will continue to grow for years. Meghan being there actually was of interest to those that have some kind of an interest in their relationship. Nothing at all took the focus away from the games and the athletes though and that's what I liked about it.

Coming out party

The invictus games are about the athletes and celebrating them. Miss Markle for me seems too over anxious to be recognized. Furthermore, it makes me think the Prince too is more focused on introducing her to the public rather than his commitment to the games.

You have to be kidding me! I've watched as much as the lead up to the games as I possibly could and then the entire opening ceremonies. No where during that time was Meghan even mentioned.

Harry, at no time, "introduced" her to the public. There was absolutely no time that we saw them together. Harry put *all* his attention into why he was there. The Invictus Games. Meghan did attend the opening ceremony but if you didn't know they were a couple before hand, you wouldn't have known they were a couple after all was said and done.

Maybe you were watching something other than I was? What part gave you the impression that you have?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom