The Duke of Sussex and The Invictus Games: 2014 and 2016-2018, 2020

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It is great hearing him speak about it. You can truly hear his passion for it, his commitment. This isn't just some patronage, some speech and hand shakes like so many royal engagements.

More of the same that we've heard before, (speaking movingly of his mother and her influence etc) but I bet Harry is a fun uncle and excellent hugger! I hope he is looking and will find THE one before too long. He has an impish and informal manner that plays well in interviews of this nature. He's not stiff at all.

Last edited:
He reminds me of Charles in how he moves sometimes, mannerisms etc.

LaRae

More of the same that we've heard before, (speaking movingly of his mother and her influence etc) but I bet Harry is a fun uncle and excellent hugger! I hope he is looking and will find THE one before too long. He has an impish and informal manner that plays well in interviews of this nature. He's not stiff at all.

Harry also has a quality of complete openness and isn't afraid to relate exactly what he feels and one can tell he doesn't walk into an interview with rehearsed answers. I think I was the most impressed with his relating of what it was that made him realize that those returning from combat duty maimed and wounded need so much more attention.

There is absolutely nothing phony about Harry. Whoever does win his heart and shares his life with him is going to be one very lucky woman.

I also agree with you, Pranter, that Harry very much resembles his dad in both looks and mannerisms. He's definitely Charles' child.

Now and then he makes me think of The DoE too....and I agree, he's very open and warm and you can tell he's very invested in his charitable groups. I think he's finally matured. I also think we'll see him married within 5 years.

LaRae

Now and then he makes me think of The DoE too....and I agree, he's very open and warm and you can tell he's very invested in his charitable groups. I think he's finally matured. I also think we'll see him married within 5 years.

LaRae

I've always seen Phillip in him. Both looks and mannerisms. :)

Loved how he said his Granny was his Boss for 10 years. Me thinks she still is...:D

14 times on Space Mountain!?! Braver than I was.

He must be such a fun Uncle. I can see where after Mummy or Daddy said "No!!" to something, George running to Uncle Harry & sweet talking him into it. As long as it wasn't terribly dangerous that is.

When he talked about hugging...I had a flashback to Diana's famous speech at the height of the fear and panic of the AIDS Epidemic where she said it was okay to hug an AIDS victim because "Heaven knows they need it." and...I barely kept it together in front of Mom. He has well and truly taken that to heart and I bet he gives great hugs.

Harry truly has grown up & IMHO, he's taken the lessons taught by both Parents, and is truly carving out his own way of doing things. Royal, but still very Harry too. His Grandparents have to be so proud of him. Especially after those first few years w/out Diana. He really has grown up and seems to finally be comfortable in his own skin.

Whoever ends being his Princess/Duchess will be very lucky indeed. :)

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

Nice unis! "Jester doesn't roll on his back for anyone" :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Reactions: eya
Nice unis! "Jester doesn't roll on his back for anyone" :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Dogs have an uncanny way of knowing who good people are its no surprise that he took to Harry right away. No matter what the occasion (other than those that are of a somber nature), I love seeing Harry's facial expressions. You can't fake the emotions that cross his face and he sincerely wants to be where he is.

Lucky Jester, getting a tummy rub from Prince Harry. Great that he didn't bark either! Harry always joins in the fun if there's any to be had.

Prince Harry will visit Toronto and Florida in May for @Sentebale, @InvictusToronto and @InvictusOrlando

Prince Harry will visit Toronto on 2nd May to mark the launch of the countdown to the 3rd Invictus Games in September 2017 @InvictusToronto

Prince Harry will then travel to Florida to take part in the @Sentebale Royal Salute Polo Cup in Wellington on 4th May

Prince Harry will be based in Orlando for @InvictusOrlando between 5 – 13 May. Thanks for supporting #InvictusGames

today
https://twitter.com/WeAreInvictus/status/717628423783518209

Wow he is getting in his airmiles this year. When he gets back in late May he may be ready for a break from travel for a bit.:)

Kirstie Ennis is an amazing and inspiring woman :flowers: It took a great deal of courage to reveal those photos. There are a lot of people out there, not just veterans, who can find encouragement and strength from reading and watching.

Honestly the Invictus/walking with the wounded is one of my fave royal causes. Not only is Harry so passionately involved and connected, but considering the state of world events, it is such an important cause/message.

:previous: He certainly has logged many miles in the past twelve months and there is no indication that it will be stopping any time in the near future. :)

Yes, Prince Harry had spoken about his mother many times before. However, previously, he always used subjunctive mood, "would", "would be", etc to describe his mother, which is the correct grammar to talk about a diseased person. But this time he used present tense, "is proud of", "can be a grandmother again", etc. This is quite interesting to me. You can see something's changed in his mind.

And I also noticed that he chose to do the interview in what used to be his mother's living room in KP.

Last edited:
And I also noticed that he chose to do the interview in what used to be his mother's living room in KP.

Don't quote me on this but I believe the rooms that Diana once used have been turned into offices. IIRC, its also where Kate did her stint as editor for the Huffington Press for Mental Health Week. Perhaps thats where W&K&H's press corps are based.

I thought that was the case Osipi. This way the Cambridges and Harry can utilize the space and keep their residents their own private spaces.

The Royal Canadian Legion is donating $500,000 from its poppy fund to sponsor a sports event, championed by Prince Harry, for wounded veterans from around the world.

But some veterans are questioning the sizable donation, saying the money collected from the legion’s annual poppy sales is meant as an emergency fund to help Canadian vets, including the homeless or those in dire financial straits.

The Invictus Games involves wounded veterans from 15 countries taking part in sporting events to highlight their recovery and continuing spirit. Prince Harry will be in Toronto on Monday to outline details of the games to be held in that city in 2017.
Read more: Canadian legion under fire for donating poppy funds to sports event for veterans

That's a very large sum of money and probably should be kept in reserve. However those in charge must have weighed up the pros and cons before giving the donation, and it's nothing to do with Harry anyway. He didn't go to them begging for this donation. It's between the Royal Canadian Legion and those members who object, as far as I can see, and will be sorted out between them.

Last edited:
Prince Harry will visit Toronto and Florida in May for @Sentebale, @InvictusToronto and @InvictusOrlando

Prince Harry will visit Toronto on 2nd May to mark the launch of the countdown to the 3rd Invictus Games in September 2017 @InvictusToronto

Prince Harry will then travel to Florida to take part in the @Sentebale Royal Salute Polo Cup in Wellington on 4th May

Prince Harry will be based in Orlando for @InvictusOrlando between 5 – 13 May. Thanks for supporting #InvictusGames

today
https://twitter.com/WeAreInvictus/status/717628423783518209

He's in Toronto the day before I head down for Cdn Stars on Ice and Foot Surgery (Finally!!). Darn it!!

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

Tiggersk8, perhaps you could make a quick trip to see him before you leave?

Love the reaction of H.M.The Queen :D

Ahh that is such a great video. Had a good laugh at it. :ROFLMAO:

He is gathering such great press for himself and the Invictus Games, it's kinda crazy but in a good way. Doing a really brilliant job.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom