Prince Harry and Meghan Markle, General News 1: November 2017 - May 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am curious: often it is suggested that Harry and Meghan may have 'a place' somewhere in Africa at some point and this suggestion is greeted with head-nods. There seems to be general agreement that this is a reasonable possibility. :cool: No one presents objections because (after all) Harry is 'connected' to Africa.

YET any suggestion that the couple may have a similar 'place' in the US and there is at once mention of prohibitive security costs and a problem with them not living 24/7 in England. :ermm: Hmmm....can someone explain/comment regarding the difference in reaction? I find it strange but absolutely predictable.

Last edited:
:previous:
I think the operative word here is...*Living* for I sure hope that Meghan and Harry do not live in America at all. Why you wonder....it is not feasible to the British people to pay them to live in another country and they have no reason to live here for there is no charities that they are involved with that are located in the US that I am aware of. Just because Meghan is an American and she is willing to become a British citizen tells me that she made her choice when she accepted Harry's proposal of marriage.

Now it would be a different story if there was something like a *vacation* house and that is something I see them doing in Africa as that is where there are charities they are both would be involved in and as we know Harry has work over there for charities........The actual living in a home would be in England for Harry is a senior member of the British Royal Family, that in of itself is reason enough to live in England. :flowers:

"Her Majesty The Queen, Head of the Commonwealth, has appointed Prince Harry as a Commonwealth Youth Ambassador."

via Kensington Palace Twitter

I think that means lots of travel across the Commonwealth for Harry and Meghan. :flowers:

Harry and Meghan could very well have vacation chalets, cabins, yurts or thatched huts anywhere in the world they wanted to have them for their own "getaways" from the busy royal lives they are going to lead. However, they will never, in the foreseeable future, be actually "in residence" anywhere outside of the UK.

The stipulations of being a Councilor of State (which Harry is and will be until the Cambridge children reach their majority) is that they must be at least 21 years old (except the heir-apparent or presumptive, who need only be 18 years old), they must be domiciled in Britain, and they must be a British subject.

I think that clears it up nicely. :D

... Meghan either commits to being a British royal, living in Britain and raising children in Britain or she should never have returned Harry's call when they first started. Some kind of muddled, hybrid melding of Meghan the US actress with Meghan the British royal is doomed to fail.

She must understand this and accept it. If she doesn't this marriage has no chance and I would hope that Charles, the Queen etc. will have told Harry that.

LOL at the admonishing tone directed toward Meghan regarding what she must accept and what the Brits will not stand for from her and Harry. Such overweening responses to speculative comments by people who are not Meghan nor Harry are so amusing. :lol: ?

?

Otherwise, I completely agree with many of the concerns expressed regarding the difficulties of marriage, coupled with the challenges of life in the royal fishbowl. But I also agree with the observation that Meghan is smart, capable, very much in love, and that she and Harry have long since discussed all manner of things we will never be privy to. It occurs to me that they meant what they said in the engagement interview. Prince Harry: "We make a great team and we know it. Meghan will be amazing." Meghan: "I've ticked off that box [acting career success]. This is a new chapter." Harry: "It's a new challenge. There's a lot to do."

I also have never forgotten that Meghan once said pre-Harry that she likes to "exceed expectations," and that she's "endlessly ambitious." Those are positive qualities to possess btw. If you know what you want and have a good idea of where you want to be and work hard at developing a roadmap, while being prepared for obstacles along the way, and have enough gumption and chutzpah to never give up, success is likely on your horizon. ? :lucky:

We are all on the outside looking in, speculating, guessing and surmizing. The proof will be in the pudding of the royal wedding aftermath. It will all be entertaining to watch, but none of us are invited, especially not to the after-receptions nor to any Palace private quarters. Meanwhile, everything coming from the media, from former tattling acquaintances, regrettable relations, and starry-eyed or side-eyeing observers is probably best taken with huge grains of salt.

It strikes me that Meghan is happy and more than willing to take on the demanding challenges that come with some enviable royal perks. Just as Meghan has never been poverty-stricken, I doubt that she's ever been bored either. She's a go-getter, a giver, an achiever, and someone who enjoys living life to its fullest.

As someone said earlier, H&M seem almost unbelievably well-matched. Harry said, "The stars aligned when we met." Many psychics, astrologers, and tarot readers agree. Harry and Meghan seem made for each other, although of course the challenges ahead of them will not be easy. Nothing worthwhile ever is.

Last edited:
Meghan's character on Suits recently had the line "It'll be the adventure of a lifetime."

I think that Meghan may feel that way about her new life as Harry's wife as well. I think she's entering into this new chapter of her life with zest.

'The woman I am about to marry..' I bet Harry loved saying those words, and knowing that he will have someone by his side just as dedicated to trying to make a difference! Looks like there will be quite a bit of travelling in future years.

:previous:
I think the operative word here is...*Living* for I sure hope that Meghan and Harry do not live in America at all. Why you wonder....it is not feasible to the British people to pay them to live in another country and they have no reason to live here for there is no charities that they are involved with that are located in the US that I am aware of. Just because Meghan is an American and she is willing to become a British citizen tells me that she made her choice when she accepted Harry's proposal of marriage.

Now it would be a different story if there was something like a *vacation* house and that is something I see them doing in Africa as that is where there are charities they are both would be involved in and as we know Harry has work over there for charities........The actual living in a home would be in England for Harry is a senior member of the British Royal Family, that in of itself is reason enough to live in England. :flowers:

The further away Meghan is from the Royal base (UK) the better for some people. That’s how I read it in certain quarters anyway. H&M are here to stay ?? ...Obviously there will be a lot of traveling and stuff ? (How nice) ....But the UK is and will remain the royal couple’s home and base:):D

Last edited:
Its all coming together and falling into place. Everything seems to be in balance. Harry has stepped into his public role as a full time working senior royal on one hand and his path forward seems to be clearly defined as Harry has realized just what he wants to do with with the platforms he has been able to access and get involved in. On the other hand, its also something that he will not have to do alone but with a partner that is as enthusiastic as he is to make a difference.

This kind of a partnership doesn't happen often and mesh public and private lives together happily and unified. I now am absolutely sure that when Meghan enters St. George's Chapel on May 19th, she will be the *only* person that Harry sees and Harry the *only* person Meghan sees. They're that kind of a couple.

I think I better stock up on tissues. I normally do not cry at weddings but I'm going to be prepared to be touched emotionally at Harry and Meghan's. :D

Harry and Meghan could very well have vacation chalets, cabins, yurts or thatched huts anywhere in the world they wanted to have them for their own "getaways" from the busy royal lives they are going to lead. However, they will never, in the foreseeable future, be actually "in residence" anywhere outside of the UK.

The stipulations of being a Councilor of State (which Harry is and will be until the Cambridge children reach their majority) is that they must be at least 21 years old (except the heir-apparent or presumptive, who need only be 18 years old), they must be domiciled in Britain, and they must be a British subject.

I think that clears it up nicely. :D

Yes it does :cool::D

Its all coming together and falling into place. Everything seems to be in balance. Harry has stepped into his public role as a full time working senior royal on one hand and his path forward seems to be clearly defined as Harry has realized just what he wants to do with with the platforms he has been able to access and get involved in. On the other hand, its also something that he will not have to do alone but with a partner that is as enthusiastic as he is to make a difference.

This kind of a partnership doesn't happen often and mesh public and private lives together happily and unified. I now am absolutely sure that when Meghan enters St. George's Chapel on May 19th, she will be the *only* person that Harry sees and Harry the *only* person Meghan sees. They're that kind of a couple.

I think I better stock up on tissues. I normally do not cry at weddings but I'm going to be prepared to be touched emotionally at Harry and Meghan's. :D
Ah at last, just perfect...

Last edited by a moderator:
'The woman I am about to marry..' I bet Harry loved saying those words, and knowing that he will have someone by his side just as dedicated to trying to make a difference! Looks like there will be quite a bit of travelling in future years.

Very sweet! Nice reaction from the crowd as well. I think having Harry and Meghan take leadership with The Commonwealth was a wise decision. I'm looking forward to seeing their work.

Just perfect in every sense of the word, and his mom would be so proud of him today. And to have a partner who feels the same way he does about life and what they can do together is .......well no words to describe just how great they are going to be together. I am thrilled for this young vibrant couple......will be watching that wedding with bells on ringing quite loudly from here......❤️:champagne:ah, my champagne is cooling and ready.....

So not only does Greer think Meghan comes from poverty, she says this nonsense:

“NO ONE wants Meghan’s children, they’re going to be eighth, ninth in the line of succession,” she said. “I think it would be more modern of them not to want [children]”, she told 60 Minutes interviewer Tara Brown.

She should say her issues with her chest. No one wants Meghan to have kids? She is quite vile, IMO. I get some respect her. I'm definitely not one of them.

It is quite upsetting that someone would declare that Meghan should not have children! The bride has not even walked down the aisle! Speculating about her dress, tiara, and flowers is one thing. However, when you speak about babies, are people not aware that a baby is a gift from God?

So not only does Greer think Meghan comes from poverty, she says this nonsense:

“NO ONE wants Meghan’s children, they’re going to be eighth, ninth in the line of succession,” she said. “I think it would be more modern of them not to want [children]”, she told 60 Minutes interviewer Tara Brown.

She should say her issues with her chest. No one wants Meghan to have kids? She is quite vile, IMO. I get some respect her. I'm definitely not one of them.

Yeah, absolutely vile comments. I don't get this notion on dictating on other people to be less or more modern and how does having or not having children have anything to do with it. Interesting that she doesn't say that no one wants Harry/Meghan's children, or HARRY'S children, but she only says that about Meghan.

Whoa that took me by surprise that anyone would say that about not just Meghan but children in general......the woman is a clear racist to make that remark in public for all to see. I hope none have any respect for her and let her know that.

I hope Harry and Meghan both have healthy beautiful strong happy children someday, all bouncing on Harry's knee......:lol:

some respect her. I'm definitely not one of them.

Neither am I. Greer is a 'Professional Controversialist', NEVER happier than when causing upset and offence..
In MANY ways she resembles the 'Daily Fail'..

I am sure their children will be georgeous!

This woman is clearly warped in the head...why waste time talking about her vile comments?

LaRae

Time to move on from the subject of Germaine Greer and back to the topic of the thread. Thanks.

Always beautiful even when she doesn't pay attention.... when she is natural !

LOL at the admonishing tone directed toward Meghan regarding what she must accept and what the Brits will not stand for from her and Harry. Such overweening responses to speculative comments by people who are not Meghan nor Harry are so amusing. :lol: ?

I'm not admonishing, I'm simply pointing out the simple fact that living part-time anywhere other than the UK would be a total PR disaster for this couple and the RF generally. I understand what speculation is, thank you.

Like it or not, Meghan and Harry will be the recipients of many millions of £ of taxpayer money across their lives (if their marriage goes the distance). They will be housed in palaces and castles owned and maintained by public bodies most of the time. All of that brings with it responsibilities and expectations, the least of which is that they actually choose to live here. That shouldn't be difficult to comprehend.

On a separate note, having read the quote from her Tig blog on that Harpers Bazaar website, I couldn't help but cringe. She does come across as such a Hollywood cliche with all that guff about her fitness regime and part-time vegan diet, "it's not a diet, it's lifestyle eating". No wonder they deleted the blog.

I'm not admonishing, I'm simply pointing out the simple fact that living part-time anywhere other than the UK would be a total PR disaster for this couple and the RF generally. I understand what speculation is, thank you.

Like it or not, Meghan and Harry will be the recipients of many millions of £ of taxpayer money across their lives (if their marriage goes the distance). They will be housed in palaces and castles owned and maintained by public bodies most of the time. All of that brings with it responsibilities and expectations, the least of which is that they actually choose to live here. That shouldn't be difficult to comprehend.

On a separate note, having read the quote from her Tig blog on that Harpers Bazaar website, I couldn't help but cringe. She does come across as such a Hollywood cliche with all that guff about her fitness regime and part-time vegan diet, "it's not a diet, it's lifestyle eating". No wonder they deleted the blog.

This part time vegan really gets me. I got some pretty nasty stuff last time this was bought up so not keen to go there again. But you can’t be a part time vegan ( note vegan not vegetarian)
It’s a whole way of life every single day and everything you do. Are you all ready to tell me how wrong I am. I won’t be around for the rest of the day.

Along the lines of what you're saying, PetticoatLane, is that Harry and Meghan even living somewhere part time other than the UK would not only be a PR disaster but it would be like Harry was turning his back on his responsibilities to the monarchy and that would be an even bigger disaster.

He has to live as a permanent resident of the UK to be a Councilor of State. It is a position he already holds. There is absolutely no way Harry can fulfill his responsibilities half heartedly or when he chooses to. Its either all or nothing.

I think both Harry and Meghan are in it totally and completely for the long haul. Its really never been suggested anywhere with credible sources that there is even an inkling that they would choose to live outside of the UK.

Nothing Meghan and Harry have done suggests, that they have any intention to live anywhere else but UK. Meghan is applying for visas to live in UK, every statement that has come out from KP has said, that Meghan will follow the regular proceedings to get her permanent resident status in UK, and eventually citizenship. I don't think they have any plans to live anywhere but UK.

As for Meghan's diet. She never claimed to be vegan, just sometimes follows vegan diet. I don't get the problem with that.

As for Meghan's diet. She never claimed to be vegan, just sometimes follows vegan diet. I don't get the problem with that.

I sometimes have Thai food or Greek food but I always eat food. Eating foods that are vegan prepared, to me, is the same thing. I may love Pad Thai once in a while but I don't live my life like people do in Thailand.

I guess its all a matter of how you look at things. ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom