The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 12-06-2017, 05:13 PM
Majesty

I think there used to be a rule about only married women wear tiaras...I have no idea if that holds true still or not. But if one is needed I'm betting she can borrow one!

LaRae

Old 12-06-2017, 05:16 PM
Courtier

All of these articles are emerging w/ the schedule for the days of Christmas that the Royal family follows - but I seem to recall they go to church 2Xs, once before breakfast and once after - am I remembering incorrectly?

Old 12-06-2017, 05:19 PM
Commoner

US Weekly is saying that Meghan is visiting her mother in LA. I do think this favours the option of her being back in the UK for Christmas proper. ��
Old 12-06-2017, 05:22 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
I think there used to be a rule about only married women wear tiaras...I have no idea if that holds true still or not. But if one is needed I'm betting she can borrow one!

LaRae
I just checked Debrett’s, and it still says that a woman first wears a tiara as a bride, so Meghan will have to settle for a sprig if holly in her hair this year.

Abraham Lincoln
Old 12-06-2017, 05:24 PM
Aristocracy

She also won’t get her breakfast on a tray in her room until she’s a married woman. She’ll have to wander down to the dining room. Odd little traditions but it makes things different doesn’t it?
Old 12-06-2017, 05:25 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:

LaRae
Tiaras were worn to dinner during the reign of George V on back, but I’m not sure The Queen has kept this going. I just think it’s just suits and dresses for Christmas dinner at Sandringham.

A.W. TOZER
Old 12-06-2017, 06:05 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:

LaRae
Princess Margaret worn tiaras before she was married.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sndral View Post
All of these articles are emerging w/ the schedule for the days of Christmas that the Royal family follows - but I seem to recall they go to church 2Xs, once before breakfast and once after - am I remembering incorrectly?
That is true. For year, the public didn't know about that, so they would only catch the royal family walking to church for the later service. But now the earlier service is no longer a secret.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaudete View Post
She also won’t get her breakfast on a tray in her room until she’s a married woman. She’ll have to wander down to the dining room. Odd little traditions but it makes things different doesn’t it?
Is that applicable to unmarried men too? Because I'm having a hard time thinking they'll bring Harry's tray up, but not her. I'm sure in those day, the engaged couple didn't stay in the same room either.
Old 12-06-2017, 06:10 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
I don't think it has been announced.

LaRae
They won't announce her specific movement on her private time. I imagine that might pose as a security risk.
Old 12-06-2017, 06:23 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqui24 View Post
Princess Margaret worn tiaras before she was married.
I think the no tiaras rule applies to those marrying into the family not born princesses (although Máxima wore a small one to the wedding of Haakon and Mette Marit) and of course Carina Axelsson has been wearing one for quite some time now.

Quote:
Is that applicable to unmarried men too? Because I'm having a hard time thinking they'll bring Harry's tray up, but not her. I'm sure in those day, the engaged couple didn't stay in the same room either.
Based on Downton Abbey, my impression is that men are always expected to come down, whether married or not.
Old 12-06-2017, 06:28 PM
Aristocracy

Men always eat their breakfast in the dining room in a traditional country house set up. They also aren’t waited upon and have to serve themselves from a buffet style breakfast. It’s considered bad form for a man to expect to be waited on at breakfast.
Old 12-06-2017, 07:36 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqui24 View Post
They won't announce her specific movement on her private time. I imagine that might pose as a security risk.
That was kinda my point!
Old 12-06-2017, 11:50 PM
Commoner

I also believe she isn't in the UK right now. I think she would have attended the van Steubenzee carol service if she was.
Old 12-07-2017, 01:10 AM
Majesty

Meghan Markle Is Back in L.A.: How She Keeps in Touch With Prince Harry | E! News Canada

Seems a few sources saying she is in the US. Suggestions of course Christmas in the UK (breaking the have to be married barrier for the first time), and a vacation after Christmas. Honestly still waiting for confirmation from an actual source on the Christmas thing.

Of course the Fail would try and spin it to look like Harry is hooking up with ex. Only engaged less then two weeks and they are already trying to start talk.

Both Harry and Cress seem to have found the right people. But of course any time their other half is not glued to them, rumors must be spread
Old 12-07-2017, 01:20 AM
Nobility

WOW. If that’s true it’s nice she’s spending time with her mum.
Old 12-07-2017, 02:57 AM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
It looks like their relationship is continuing on as it always has. They love being together yet they each feel comfortable doing things individually. The only thing different now is that when they're apart, Harry knows that Meghan is going to be coming home as will she have that same assurance.

Neither one of these two people need to lean on each other to guide them or be the center of their world. I find it very healthy and indicative of a strong relationship.
Old 12-07-2017, 04:19 AM
Nobility

I think it's great, that Meghan is visiting her mother and friends now. She's locating her life to UK, most likely will spend Christmas in UK, so she'll need this time with her family and friends.
Old 12-07-2017, 04:46 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
. . . Of course the Fail would try and spin it to look like Harry is hooking up with ex. Only engaged less then two weeks and they are already trying to start talk.

Both Harry and Cress seem to have found the right people. But of course any time their other half is not glued to them, rumors must be spread
This is true of course. Even on this board within days of the engagement announcement, members were speculating about pre-nups and breakups in two to three years.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
It looks like their relationship is continuing on as it always has. They love being together yet they each feel comfortable doing things individually. The only thing different now is that when they're apart, Harry knows that Meghan is going to be coming home as will she have that same assurance.

Neither one of these two people need to lean on each other to guide them or be the center of their world. I find it very healthy and indicative of a strong relationship.
It is very good to see a newly engaged couple acting in a "normal" way. They are not joined at the hip so they both can do what needs doing.

As to the speculation about the Memorial Carol Service (what a wonderful way to raise money and remember someone), I think it was not the sort of engagement that would suit a newly engaged couple to be seen by newly crazed media and fans.

I wouldn't mind betting the first outing blew the socks off both BP and Clarence House. Even Harry looked a little surprised initially. But that was surely a trial by fire and a tribute to Meghan as to her ability to function under pressure. That is not to say that when she got home an exhausted Meghan didn't kick off her shoes, flop on the sofa and say "what the hell was that? I think I got run over by a freight train (in the nicest possible way of course)!
Old 12-07-2017, 02:06 PM
Heir Apparent

Most of this is speculation and information that most of us know about the residents of KP. However, Click on the link to see the photo of Prince and Princess Michael of Kent looming over their neighbors.

http://www.travelandleisure.com/trav...sington-palace
Old 12-07-2017, 02:20 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocoasneeze View Post
I think it's great, that Meghan is visiting her mother and friends now. She's locating her life to UK, most likely will spend Christmas in UK, so she'll need this time with her family and friends.
Exactly. While she's gone to an official engagement with Harry. She's still considered private citizen at this point. Probably the last time in awhile she'll be able to be in US for extended period of time without people get up in arms about it.
Old 12-07-2017, 07:48 PM
Commoner

It doesn't surprise me that Meghan is in LA. Although how she got in without being photographed is impressive! Harry and Meghan both seem like independent people, so its not surprising she is taking some time to spend with her friends and family. Once the NY starts and wedding planning truly gets started, it will be harder for her to go back and forth.