Prince Harry and Meghan Markle, Current Events 1: November 2017 - May 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Delighted to see them, and SO many 'luminaries' there today..

Altho' I and MANY here detest the 'Daily Fail' Today it is worth remembering that it was that Newspaper [alone] that published the names of Stephen Lawrence's murderers, and DARED them to sue for libel.
Two of the named wretches are now 'at Her Majesty's pleasure'..

Its been announced too that April 22nd will be an annual day of remembrance for Stephen Lawrence.

Delighted to see them, and SO many 'luminaries' there today..

Altho' I and MANY here detest the 'Daily Fail' Today it is worth remembering that it was that Newspaper [alone] that published the names of Stephen Lawrence's murderers, and DARED them to sue for libel.
Two of the named wretches are now 'at Her Majesty's pleasure'..

I'm not sure how defamation laws work in UK, but how can you sue for libel if it's true?

if it's true?

When the Fail published their names, no trial or conviction had taken place.. the paper took a calculated risk in naming them, and thereby motivated the Police to arrest those [widely] suspected of the crime.

When the Fail published their names, no trial or conviction had taken place.. the paper took a calculated risk in naming them, and thereby motivated the Police to arrest those [widely] suspected of the crime.

Now I'm more confused. Why would police arrest based on paper publications? I'd assume they know the case and the facts well. If they can make a case, they will arrest and try the case, but if they don't, it wouldn't matter if the papers published their names.

Now I'm more confused. Why would police arrest based on paper publications? I'd assume they know the case and the facts well. If they can make a case, they will arrest and try the case, but if they don't, it wouldn't matter if the papers published their names.

The father of one of them was connected to corrupt policemen who shielded them during the original investigation.The Fail thing was them baiting them (Dacre knew Stephen's dad )

The whole concept of Double Jeopardy was altered in England and Wales due to the desire to put these guys away

A big part of the controversy and pain around the murder was the police negligence/cover up :(

Thank you for posting these, Dman and Iceflower. The Dawn Service is always an inspiring and moving occasion.

Given this and CHOGM, HMQ and PoW seems to have a lot confidence in Meghan's ability to do this job. Usually, the engagements royal fiancees attend tend to be easier going and test the waters a little bit type. Nor do there tend to be so many.

I'm guessing we'll see a slower pace from Meghan until the wedding after today.

Given this and CHOGM, HMQ and PoW seems to have a lot confidence in Meghan's ability to do this job. Usually, the engagements royal fiancees attend tend to be easier going and test the waters a little bit type.
Nor do there tend to be so many.

I'm guessing we'll see a slower pace from Meghan until the wedding after today.

I've been noting that: so many events, and serious events. :cool: It's a lot for someone new to it all no matter how 'professional' (which she is, still...) Hope she gets some 'time off' now to relax and soak it all in for her wedding day.

This was issued via KP:

"A Kensington Palace spokesman said Ms Markle does not have any scheduled joint engagements with the prince before their wedding."

So it looks like today was it and now her focus is prepping for the wedding.

I thought she would attend one more event before the wedding day (an event in early May). But it's understandable, they have lot to prepare for the wedding, and not only wedding, the pre-wedding celebration and post-wedding life. I'm getting excited, more three weeks and it's the big day!

HE PRINCE OF WALES AND THE DUCHESS OF CORNWALL,
ACCOMPANIED BY HARRY AND MEGHAN, WILL ATTEND
THE PRINCE OF WALES' 70TH BIRTHDAY PATRONAGE CELEBRATION, BUCKINGHAM PALACE GARDENS

Tuesday 22nd May 2018

Engagement:
The Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall, with the newly-wed Harry and Meghan, will attend the Prince of Wales' 70th birthday patronage celebration in the gardens of Buckingham Palace. The event will celebrate the Prince of Wales' patronages and military affiliations as well as others involved in charities supported by the Prince.

Over 6,000 people will be attending from 386 of the Prince of Wales' patronages and 20 of the Prince's military affiliations will be represented. A number of guests from the Police, Fire and Ambulance, Mountain Rescue, and RNLI will attend. One hundred Cadets from Youth United will also be present.

A number of the cadets and emergency services personnel attending were first responders after the bombing at the Manchester Arena on 22nd May 2017. The Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall visited Manchester Arena on 26th June 2017 to meet staff who were first on the scene immediately after the bombing.

There will be a number of musical performances including the Band of the Welsh Guards, Eschoir (a Welsh male chorus), the National Youth Pipe Band and a gospel choir.

I thought she would attend one more event before the wedding day (an event in early May). But it's understandable, they have lot to prepare for the wedding, and not only wedding, the pre-wedding celebration and post-wedding life. I'm getting excited, more three weeks and it's the big day!

Given that Gabriel Macht and Sarah Rafferty are already in Europe, I imagine they'd have friends and family that are coming in town next week and might want to spend some time with them before the wedding.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom