Preferred Wives For William and Harry

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly. I'd like to see them both marry someone who truly loves them and who will stay the course through all the difficulties that life brings to everyone--let along the particular problems that Royals face.:flowers:

Simple answer:

I would like to see them marry someone they truly love and who truly loves them in return.

Oh yeah I forgot the last American was Wallis? For real...wow that has been long...

Well Peter went for a Canadian...still North America. LOL

It is possible for royal houses of the Persian Gulf or Asian Royal families to find a suitable wife nicely enhanced by a proper bloodline and hefty dowry(something that not all European Princess can bring) for Prince William or Prince Harry. At the same, I think that Velasco is absolutely correct noting that the British Royals and courtiers may not truly embrace an idea of having exotic Princesses. Hypothetically speaking, I would say that a member of the Aga Khan family might be deemed suitable: rich and European face features and skin colour.

All very well but we get to the problem of religion. So the only religion that a member of the royal family can´t marry is a Roman Catholic, but what about the other side to the marriage? Would a Muslim royal family be willing to let their Princess convert to Anglican. I am sorry but this just makes me :lol:.

Honestly, I very much doubt a non-Caucasian woman would ever be accepted by the Royal family, and indeed by many of British people. Especially one of Muslim heritage or dark skin.
The idea of the royal family never being able to "accept" a non-white person among them is horrible and I hope not true. How can it be "never"?

I cannot believe The Queen, Prince Philip, or Prince Charles could ever reject someone because of race. I do not believe it. Yes, there are racist people everywhere, but these people, I do not believe they are racist.

If someone rejects someone's husband or wife on racial grounds, that is racism, no different from other kinds. So I think you just accused the royal family of being racist. Do you truly believe they are racist? I have a hard time believing that.

Yes I do. (Unfortunately).

Most of British middle class and especially upper class are, even more so those from older generation.

Even in America, where things are MUCH more liberal, you will note in most Hollywood films that white Caucasian people never date/marry of other race unless race (and interracial relationshiop) itself is the actual subject of the film. Actually, until not long ago depictions of "miscenegation" (sp?) were actually banned in Hollywood. Why? beucase alot of Americans find Caucasian and non-Caucasian relationships "distasteful".

So if so many "commoners" make an issue of it, how much more so those of royal lineage? Who are born, and raised, and live every day in a little world of their own, surrounded by people like them, with the same opinions and mindset, etc. In fact, this is the downfall of many monarchies, since they end up being out of touch with reality (their subjects' reality).

Now, I am not saying that they (BRF) would treat people of other races or religion badly, even if only for political reasons. But it is absolutely ludicrous to suggest that the marriage of a British royal (especially one in the Queen's immediate family) to a non-Caucasian is at all likely.

All very well but we get to the problem of religion. So the only religion that a member of the royal family can´t marry is a Roman Catholic, but what about the other side to the marriage? Would a Muslim royal family be willing to let their Princess convert to Anglican. I am sorry but this just makes me :lol:.
I did not know that I wrote something very funny.:ermm::ermm: I am inclined to think that a Muslim royal family would allow their Princess to convert to Anglicanism knowing that their daughter might become Queen of the United Kingdom. In the end, it would be fair to assume that Prince William and Prince Harry are sentenced to marry some commoners for love so that British people can relive the Cinderella story once again.

While it's all be said before, they should marry someone that they love...and has a thick-skin. because life as a princess won't be all tiaras and ball gowns!

I don't think that wanting Harry and William to marry for love is necessarily because we want a Cinderella story. We wouldn't want to see either of them marry out of a sense of "duty." There's a difference between marrying for love and marrying for infatuation. Many couples are "crazy about each other" and end up in divorce courts. Love goes the distance.:flowers:

I did not know that I wrote something very funny.:ermm::ermm: I am inclined to think that a Muslim royal family of Islam would allow their Princess to convert to Anglicanism knowing that their daughter might become Queen of the United Kingdom. In the end, it would be fair to assume that Prince William and Prince Harry are sentenced to marry some commoners for love so that British people can relive the Cinderella story once again.

Yes, exactly. There has to be some sort of real attachment between people who marry--because life has its hard parts for every couple. William and his bride will have no money worries, but they could one day be leading a nation at war or have other crises where people will look up to them for some kind of guidance--and that's a heavier burden than being chased by the paparazzi.:ermm:

While it's all be said before, they should marry someone that they love...and has a thick-skin. because life as a princess won't be all tiaras and ball gowns!

Now, I am not saying that they (BRF) would treat people of other races or religion badly, even if only for political reasons. But it is absolutely ludicrous to suggest that the marriage of a British royal (especially one in the Queen's immediate family) to a non-Caucasian is at all likely.

Hm, the Habsburgs have had some interracial marriages and these marriages got the placet of the Head of the family. Okay, we know that not all members of the clan find that decision okay but at least there is an "official policy" about it in one of the oldest families of Europe. same in denmarK: the reigning Head of the oldest monarchy in Europe allowed her second son to marry a lady of mixed-racial origin and even stood by her daughter-in-law when it came to divorce.

The Queen of Sweden, the Grand Duchess of Luxemburg and the future Dutch queen are of Latin American descend, which would have disqualified them 100 or even 50 years ago. A black American became a princess of Liechtenstein. So what.

Are the British more racist as the rest of Europe? I doubt it. and secretly I hope that Eugenie of York is introduced to a dashing Sheik and marries him and does a Sheika Hint (spelling) on disappearing into a harem, finding there a husband for her sister as well. :D

There are many relationships between Caucasian and non-Caucasian in Hollywood land, either real (Chris Noth and Tara Wilson, Robert De Niro and his wife Grace Hightower, as well as Stacy Dash) or even fictional (Grey's Anatomy, Lost, My Name Is Earl, Veronica Mars, etc.) so please let's get back on the true topic of this thread.

TheTruth
For the British Mods.

Even in America, where things are MUCH more liberal, you will note in most Hollywood films that white Caucasian people never date/marry of other race unless race (and interracial relationshiop) itself is the actual subject of the film. Actually, until not long ago depictions of "miscenegation" (sp?) were actually banned in Hollywood. Why? beucase alot of Americans find Caucasian and non-Caucasian relationships "distasteful".

I did not know that I wrote something very funny.:ermm::ermm: I am inclined to think that a Muslim royal family would allow their Princess to convert to Anglicanism knowing that their daughter might become Queen of the United Kingdom. In the end, it would be fair to assume that Prince William and Prince Harry are sentenced to marry some commoners for love so that British people can relive the Cinderella story once again.

It is not what you wrote that is funny, you shouldn´t be so touchy, it is the idea of a Muslim royal letting a daughter convert to another religion that is funny because I don´t believe they ever would, even the crown of England wouldn´t be a lure.

I can't see that happening either, Menarue. I don't believe that a Muslim king would allow his daughter to become an "Infidel." It just wouldn't happen. OTOH, there's nothing against a member of the RF marrying a Muslim. He/she just can't marry a Roman Catholic!:)

Ithe idea of a Muslim royal letting a daughter convert to another religion that is funny because I don´t believe they ever would, even the crown of England wouldn´t be a lure.

It is impossible for us to determine what a particular royal house may do, if they do get an proposal from the British Royal family. We are just speculating. Before considering conversion to Anglicanism, I would say that that Princesses from the Persian Gulf countries, especially Saudi Arabia, will not be viewed as acceptable brides. Asian royal houses may consider an idea of allowing their daughter to convert to Anglicanism.

All I can say is that marrying someone from another religion and culture can bring a lot of problems if you're a future King. First, because people may not feel that lady as one of them, she will be always seen as an outsider ( a very bad thing to happen in a monarchy).

Second, I don't see William changing his life style just to please his muslim wife. As we know, Muslims tend to be very conservative in what concerns to alcohol, dancing, fashion... If William was a calm and "serious" man as Prince Philipe of Belgium, then maybe things could work out. But the way William is (liking parties and night life) I don't think a Muslim would feel happy at his side all her life... I would feel very surprised if some Muslim girl wanted to marry him (and I say the same about conservative evangelicals or any other girl with conservative faith beliefs).

Yes, I agree that a woman who'd be happy with William and/or Harry would have to be somewhat "wordly"--not in the sense of having affairs, obviously--but she'd have to not mind being places where drinking was going on and not have firm ideas about what to do or not do on Sunday, for example. :flowers:

I don't think a Muslim would feel happy at his side all her life... I would feel very surprised if some Muslim girl wanted to marry him (and I say the same about conservative evangelicals or any other girl with conservative faith beliefs).

Yes I do. (Unfortunately).

Most of British middle class and especially upper class are, even more so those from older generation.

So if so many "commoners" make an issue of it, how much more so those of royal lineage? Who are born, and raised, and live every day in a little world of their own, surrounded by people like them, with the same opinions and mindset, etc. In fact, this is the downfall of many monarchies, since they end up being out of touch with reality (their subjects' reality).

I think you are too quick to categorize people. I happen to be American, and white, and middle class, and yet I do not fall into your category of a person who finds a mixed race relationship "distasteful" or a "commoner who has a problem with it." I dare anyone here to think outside your conventional box. Just try it. For one day.

Or don't. Stay in your box. I know it's safe there. No one looks at you funny inside your box.

I would like first and foremost to make crystal clear that I am not racist, do not condone it, find it acceptable, permissible, OK, alright, in any person, be they royal or common, rich or poor, old or young.

As TheTruth pointed out, nowadays there are indeed an increasing number of inter-racial relationships, both on TV and cinema. Thank God! I believe "The Bodyguard", from 1992, is generally accepted as the real breakthrough. However, that was a "mere" sixteen years ago, not even a whole generation.

It is only in the last generation or so that those kind of boundaries have begun to be torn down. Much ground has already been conquered but there is still a long way to go, no doubt.

I did not mean to say or imply that every middle class American or Brit is a white supremacist or something. I know that it is not the case. However, UNFORTUNATELY, there are still large percentages of the population who hold to sayings scuh as "each to their own" and are against interracial marriages, even if they are not racist per se and are quite happy to live alongside people of other races and religion.

Royal families are built on tradition, custom, convention. So (generalising) they tend to be a bit behind the rest of the population when it comes to embracing changes in mindset, morals, etc.

I personally find it laughable to seriously think that a British royals such as Prince William and Harry would ever marry a non-Caucasian. I wish they would! It would be great. But I just can't see it happening. It is already a huge stretch for the royal family to in recent years begin accepting marriages with "commoners", which in reality tend to be marriages between royalty and aristocracy. In the last few years we have finally begun to see some marriages between royalty and working class, but very rare and few and far in between, and even then the "working class" are considerably better off financially than the rest of the population. Considering the inherent superiority of the British people, especially the upper class, and even more so of the BRF, I have no doubt that (unfortunately) most royals would see such a marriage as wrong, degrading, beneath them, or at best, misguided.

There is also another issue, namely the British monarch's status as Head of the Church of England. Although it is permissible to marry anyone who isn't a Catholic, I don't believe that there has ever been any non-Christian Protestant consort in the last 500 years. So again, I really can't see the heir to the headship of the Anglican Church marrying outside it, for fear of discrediting themselves. At most, I think marriage to other Protestant strains (Lutherna, Calvinist, etc) might be acceptable, although I imagine there would be some pressure on the lady to convert, at least outwardly, to Anglicanism, to safeguard the succession and the future religious beliefs of royal heirs.

...[snipped]
I personally find it laughable to seriously think that a British royals such as Prince William and Harry would ever marry a non-Caucasian. I wish they would! It would be great. But I just can't see it happening. It is already a huge stretch for the royal family to in recent years begin accepting marriages with "commoners", which in reality tend to be marriages between royalty and aristocracy. In the last few years we have finally begun to see some marriages between royalty and working class, but very rare and few and far in between, and even then the "working class" are considerably better off financially than the rest of the population. Considering the inherent superiority of the British people, especially the upper class, and even more so of the BRF, I have no doubt that (unfortunately) most royals would see such a marriage as wrong, degrading, beneath them, or at best, misguided. ... [snipped and my bolding]
With all due respect... Asian and Arab royal houses may not be too eager to embrace the idea of having a British Prince as a son-in-law. As you might know, the family reptuation means a lot in the Asian culture. I fail to understand why any Asian or Arab royal house is inferior in any way to that of the United Kingdom.

Oh! :ermm:Apologies :ohmy:I did not mean that the BRF was superior to any other Royal families! What I meant by "superiority" is their own sense of being superior, not that they are in reality superior.

I would love to see Prince William married to a beauty like Naomi Campbell, or a feisty Latin American, or a princess from the many Asian and Arab royal/imperial houses. But, for the reasons outlined above, I just don't think that would ever happen.

I found the comment about "inherent superiority" puzzling as well. I hope it doesn't mean what I think it means--that European people are somehow superior to others simply for being European.:nonono:

With all due respect... Asian and Arab royal houses may not be too eager to embrace the idea of having a British Prince as a son-in-law. As you might know, the family reptuation means a lot in the Asian culture. I fail to understand why any Asian or Arab royal house is inferior in any way to that of the United Kingdom.

Sorry, Velasco. We cross-posted at the same time. I understand what you mean now. My apologies.:ermm:

Oh! :ermm:Apologies :ohmy:I did not mean that the BRF was superior to any other Royal families! What I meant by "superiority" is their own sense of being superior, not that they are in reality superior.

I would love to see Prince William married to a beauty like Naomi Campbell, or a feisty Latin American, or a princess from the many Asian and Arab royal/imperial houses. But, for the reasons outlined above, I just don't think that would ever happen.

For the same reasons, Asian or Arab royal houses may not like the idea of spoiling their bloodlines.

For the same reasons, Asian or Arab royal houses may not like the idea of spoiling their bloodlines.

Yes, exactly! I think no one is saying that the BRF is the only royal family who may dislike the Heir marries some lady from another religion or culture.
I wouldn't call it "spoiling the bloodlines" but we must have in mind that when the Heir and his wife have children, people may enjoy to see their babies looking like their own children. These kind of things are very important in a monarchy... Imagine if Prince Naruhito was married to a tall blonde north american lady. Their children wouldnt be "pure" Japanese. How do you think the conservative people of Japan would feel about it? :)

About the main topic of this thread "Preferred wives for William and Harry":

My favorite for William was always theArchduchess Marie-Christine of Austria. Now it's too late because next Saturday she'll be married.

For Harry, I think Theodora of Greece is just perfect. She is a royal, she's a queen's goddaughter, and both royal families get along pretty well.

For Prince William, Princess Madeleine of Sweden.

For Prince Harry, one of the Countesses Hemma or Katharina von Neipperg, granddaughters of Archduke Otto von Habsburg. Or alternatively, Lady Gabriella Windsor.

I believe that the Hapsburgs are Catholic, so that would discount them immediately for consideration.

Lady Gabriella? She'd be his second cousin. That's still "too close for comfort" for many people.:ermm:

For Prince Harry, one of the Countesses Hemma or Katharina von Neipperg, granddaughters of Archduke Otto von Habsburg. Or alternatively, Lady Gabriella Windsor.

If the British Royal family decides to look for a proper lady of an aristocratic origin, I think that the Hapsburgs can be taken into consideration. A lady can convert to Anglicanism. Why not?
As for Lady Gabriella, I view her as a close relative.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom