Preferred Wives For William and Harry

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was just going to ask the same question, I don't understand what the post means? :S

I believe he means to say we (or the topic we have posted on) are/is boring and based on fantasy..Makes me wonder why he took the time to comment on such a thread .....lol

:previous:
There are hundreds of active threads at any one time in the Forums. Most members work out soon enough which discussions interest them and which don't.
Posting in harmless threads one considers "banal" is a fairly pointless exercise unless the intention is to be "provocative" and/or attention-seeking.
Members are advised to step over such posts and carry on doing what you enjoy doing. :)

Is Princess Leonie of Saxe-Weimar-Eisenach married? (Born 1986) suitable surely if single.

At this point I don't care if William's future wife is royal or not, aristocrat or not. . . I just hope she and her family aren't manipulative, scheming, desperate social climbers that don't use the media for their personal gain.

Manipulative, scheming and desperate social climbing qualities will not be present if the wife is a genuine royal: a girl who knows how to live the lifestyle from the inside and who is born to public duty. Even relatively aristocratic girls cant be trusted to do their duty as consort. Real blue blood is needed not just 'high born'. A royal bride will know to tackle and shield ANY indiscretions at all costs. A blonde from the gentry doesnt know how to live the code.

Right....because history has shown us thru time that there have never been any scheming, manipulative social climbers who are not of the British aristocracy or royal birth.

Let's not make general statements. Not all apples are green. And let's cool it with the innuendo's regarding Kate's family.

I dont think that cd255's post should be criticised in such a manner and tone. It is a perfectly valid and reasonable general statement.

I wish we knew a little bit more about Kate. We don't seem to know much about her.

I dont think that cd255's post should be criticised in such a manner and tone. It is a perfectly valid and reasonable general statement.

As is mine. Being royal doesn't give you class. Making comments about a family that one has never met but knows thru other people's experiences and articles in the newspapers is not a valid and reasonable statement.

I wish we knew a little bit more about Kate. We don't seem to know much about her.

I agree Nascarlucy. We don't much about Kate or her family.

Oh dear. This sounds a bit like organized crime's "omerta." :ermm:

A royal bride will know to tackle and shield ANY indiscretions at all costs. A blonde from the gentry doesnt know how to live the code.

Who was the last 'real royal' to have married into the BRF? In my book it was Mary of Teck.

Who was the last 'real royal' to have married into the BRF? In my book it was Mary of Teck.

In mine princess Marina of Greece and Denmark.
Mary of Teck not only was before but she was from a morgantic branch of a royal family (Wurttemberg).
After Marina, there still was prince Philipp of Greece and Denmark, but on his wedding day I think he had already renounced this position. His birth however is a royal one.

Looking back to Princess Marina's generation, she was the only princess who married into the BRF. The other brides were aristocracy; and these "common" women who married the Duke of Gloucester and the Duke of York did quite well within the Royal Family and instilled those values into their children. The brides of the next generation, one an aristocrat, one gentry, didn't do nearly as well within the Royal fold over the long term; but the one middle-class woman who married in is doing just fine after some initial hiccups. So in terms of finding a "preferred wife", I'm not sure that social class is a good indicator of whether a particular lady will make a good princess or not.

In mine princess Marina of Greece and Denmark.
QUOTE]

Last edited:
Looking back to Princess Marina's generation, she was the only princess who married into the BRF. The other brides were aristocracy; and these "common" women who married the Duke of Gloucester and the Duke of York did quite well within the Royal Family and instilled those values into their children. The brides of the next generation, one an aristocrat, one gentry, didn't do nearly as well within the Royal fold over the long term; but the one middle-class woman who married in is doing just fine after some initial hiccups. So in terms of finding a "preferred wife", I'm not sure that social class is a good indicator of whether a particular lady will make a good princess or not.

The Kents wedding was an absolute media and public succes. Don't think the same for the Yorks and the Gloucester. I don't mean they were unpopular but they weren't received with the same enthusiasm, AFAIK

Any marriageable Saxe, Lippe or Schaumburgs out there?

I think any woman who can conduct herself properly and learns the rules/protocols and regulations of the BRF and respects those rules and regulations- royal or not- is fine by me. If she can handle the pressure of being a princess and a potential queen even better. Who cares if they're blue-blooded aristocrats, daughters of millionaires or billionaires- if they care and love each other I think that's enough. The future wife of William and Harry could've been raised in homeless shelters but if she's made something of herself- teacher, doctor, financier- the people should accept that. Harry and William's friends should accept that Because she's worked hard to make a better life for herself.

But the most important quality that any woman should have when marrying into the BRF is that they LOVE William and Harry for the men that they are NOT for what they have like titles, money, jewelry, etc.

Love is secondary to producing a legitimate heir for the dynasty. They can marry a princely Baden or Schaumburg Lippe and let love - whatever that means - develop.

Love is secondary to producing a legitimate heir for the dynasty. They can marry a princely Baden or Schaumburg Lippe and let love - whatever that means - develop.

You make me think of the Prince of Wales...and we all know how well that turned out.

I think that stipulation is long gone and archaic. It didn't work well for Charles and Diana and I don't think honestly it would work for any royal in the 21st century. Dynastic bloodlines just aren't as crucial to a country or kingdom as they used to be with most monarchies being a constitutional one.

That is 19th century thinking.

First and foremost William must find a woman whom he loves completely, trusts completely and understands that he must come first in the public consciousness. She must also love William the man and not William the Prince and future King. We know that that no longer works - just look at Diana - in love with the Prince of Wales but not the man who held the title and unable to tell the difference at 19 (even her mother asked her that because she was too well aware of her daughter's infatuation with Charles the Prince as a teenager). I think William may have found the woman who meets those qualifications in Kate, that they have already set their personal timeline for engagement announcement and marriage but that at the moment only two people know those plans and they are William and Kate. I don't believe they have told anyone else including Harry, Charles or the Queen (and they need the Queen's permission - or William could appeal to parliament and then wait a year for no opposition from either House of Parliament to be raised - in order to legally marry anyway).

I too would like to see royals marrying royals in order to keep the royal bloodlines (like you would keep thoroughbred horses bloodlines pure) but that is no longer going to happen so increasingly the royals will marry commoners and be in love with them but if any Jane, Mary or Susan can 'become' a princess then there is nothing special about being royal so they will simply fade away.

I wouldn't be at all surprised to see most royal dynasties disappear in the next 100 years because of this factor along with their total irrelevance to everyday people and people asking why should they have all the perks and have the nation's top job just because of an accident of birth rather than on merit.

To rob2008: Perhaps you should be the matchmaker as you seem to want to match royals together.

A woman who comes from a low socio-economic status doesn't stand a chance of marriage to any royal period. I'm just curoius. Does anyone know of a woman of a low social class standing who married into royalty. The American woman who have married into royalty were upper middle class, the American wealthy elite or had royal blood in their veins. A few might have been middle class but that is about as low as it went. They were not average American women that's for sure.

What about an american lower class women who is not out for money or fame, but may be studing over in england - would you think that prince william might date or marry somebody outside of his race or rank. carmen jones

A woman who comes from a low socio-economic status doesn't stand a chance of marriage to any royal period. I'm just curoius. Does anyone know of a woman of a low social class standing who married into royalty.

Crown Princess Mette-Marit didn't come from a family that was that well off, probaby just middle class, plus she was a single mother when she married and Crown Princesses Mary came from an upper middle-class family.

Upper middle class or middle class is very different than low socio economic status. What I'm refering to is someone whose parents had low or very low income and who basically just got by.

I think Kate is the one. Like I said before both have been together for so long and keeping now a low profile. Look at Daniel and Victoria, dating for so many years and ending in marriage.

I don't think he will marry a foreigner, he doesn't go outside the UK that much. But it could be interesting too.

Oh yes, the Kents had huge glamour. I wouldn't disagree with that for a moment. :flowers: It must have been devastating when that handsome and popular Duke died during the war.

I think that both The Duke of York and The Duke of Gloucester were considered dull compared to The Prince of Wales and The Duke of Kent.

The Kents wedding was an absolute media and public succes. Don't think the same for the Yorks and the Gloucester. I don't mean they were unpopular but they weren't received with the same enthusiasm, AFAIK

Such an old fashioned thing to say, this is the 21st Century.
Love should always come first.
William already has an heir if he cannot produce children, his brother.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom