The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-20-2010, 04:22 PM
Heir Presumptive

Why is it that people are blinded by royalty? One can see that Chelsy is NOT perfect for Harry and she's definitely not like Maxima. But a lot of times we don't see it as it really is. I wish more and more people would quit being so superficial and really try to look into the inner part of a person (even if you don't personally know them). I'm not saying Kate and Chelsy are just terrible human beings, but that we would be surprised at the truth and what is to come.

Old 03-20-2010, 05:31 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Why are we blinded by royalty?
Why is she not perfect for Harry?
How are people being so superficial?
What do you mean by "we would be surprised at the truth and what is to come"?

Old 03-20-2010, 06:12 PM
Heir Presumptive

How is Chelsy not right for Harry?
Old 03-20-2010, 10:15 PM
Heir Presumptive

We don't know if Chelsy is perfect Harry, the only one who can know it is Harry himself! I'm not a fan of Chelsy, but I don't dislike her either.
Old 03-21-2010, 02:55 AM
Gentry

Hi,

I always thought that one day Harry would be involved with a stunning blonde - and preferably foreign - until before Chelsy come into scene.

I really do not believe that he will marry Chelsy. But I believe that one day he will marry a gorgeous blonde and probably foreign.

And I also believe that both Harry and William will marry only in their late 30s or early 40s.
Old 03-21-2010, 06:11 AM
Imperial Majesty

Chelsy is foreign and with a bit of work could be a blonde
I wouldn't be surprised if neither of them married both being gun-shy after the disaster that was their parents marriage and the knowledge that their marriage simply can't fail.
Old 03-21-2010, 05:29 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
Chelsy is foreign and with a bit of work could be a blonde
Oh you are BAD!

But now serious, Chelsy is not a natural blonde? I'm not saying that current blonde is her natural, but I always thought she is really blonde!!

Am I being naive and need to go back to read Vogue and Harper's Bazaar?? LOL!!

Quote:
I wouldn't be surprised if neither of them married both being gun-shy after the disaster that was their parents marriage and the knowledge that their marriage simply can't fail.
Yes,

I think William and Harry can get married soon is in their 38, 39 years old. By some miracle in their 35, 36 years - before that I do not believe!

But I think in their 45 years both will be married, but I'm not quite sure whether the children.
Old 03-21-2010, 05:49 PM
Royal Highness

That would be awfully late. The clock of a woman is ticking.
Chelsy and Kate are their first real serious relationship. And most of them who last that long, don't last at all.
Old 03-21-2010, 06:10 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empress Merel View Post
Chelsy and Kate are their first real serious relationship. And most of them who last that long, don't last at all.
AMEN! I know lots of cases like that, 2 persons being together for years and then, one day...
But time will tell if it's the case in William and Harry's relationships.
Old 03-21-2010, 10:15 PM
Heir Presumptive

If she wasn't already married, I'd say Ivanka Trump would be a good match for William. She's well educated, has a great career in the family business plus her own jewelry line and she seems well balanced.
Old 04-20-2010, 08:02 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empress Merel View Post
Well, others princes of Europe married after aged 35 ...

Frederik - 35
Philippe - 39
Laurent - 40
Felipe - 36
Willem-Alexander - 35
Friso - 36

I may be wrong, but I think this princes were not in relationships of many years with his future wives. I think only Frederik and Willem-Alexander were in relationships for 3 years with their future wives.
Old 04-21-2010, 02:34 AM
Gentry

Would it be frowned apon if they married a victorias's secret model? Just curious :)
Old 04-21-2010, 05:22 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alice the goddess View Post
Would it be frowned apon if they married a victorias's secret model? Just curious :)
In a word, yes!
Old 04-21-2010, 07:33 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Yes Charles' marriage of convenience to the suitable young daughter of a protestant aristocrat failed yet he will still be king and he's now happily married to his 2nd wife. He shouldn't have let Camilla get away in the first place!
Old 04-21-2010, 08:15 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lighthouse View Post
Yes Charles' marriage of convenience to the suitable young daughter of a protestant aristocrat failed yet he will still be king and he's now happily married to his 2nd wife. He shouldn't have let Camilla get away in the first place!
One would assume that Charles did not approach his marriage to Diana in quite the terms you describle it.
Old 04-21-2010, 08:35 PM
Gentry

Will the lady Harry marries be a princess or some other title?
Old 04-21-2010, 08:40 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alice the goddess View Post
Will the lady Harry marries be a princess or some other title?

Any wife of Harry's before his father becomes king will be HRH Princess Henry of Wales. Afterward, she'd be HRH The Princess Henry. If upon his marriage, the Queen or his father as King bestows a dukedom on him (which is customary), his wife would be known as HRH The Princess Henry, Duchess of ________ .
"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "
Old 04-21-2010, 11:48 PM
Imperial Majesty

In Britain a wife takes the styles and titles of her husband automatically upon marriage so any wife of William or Harry would be a Princess and unless they are given a title of their own would be Princess William or Princess Harry e.g. Princess Michael of Kent.

Unlike other countries only princesses born as such are actually princess girls' name e.g. Princess Beatrice, Princess Eugenie, Princess Anne and Princess Alexandra (plus technically Princess Louise of Wessex).

The wives of the Princes are The Princess Charles (Duchess of Cornwall or Princess of Wales - Diana was never Princess Diana but Princess Charles), The Princess Andrew, The Princess Edward (Sophie), Princess Richard (the Duchess of Gloucester), Princess Edward (the Duchess of Kent). Note the use of the capital 'T' in the for The Princess Edward and Princess Edward. This is because the children of the monarch (and the spouse at the moment) are always The with a capital 'T'.

When Charles becomes King William and Harry will cease to be 'of Wales' but will be The Prince William (automatically Duke of Cornwall etc but will have to wait to be Prince of Wales as that is a created title not an automatic one) and The Prince Henry.
Old 07-28-2010, 02:03 PM
Aristocracy

They are a good-looking couple I think they can date as much as they want now
But Harry should not marry a commoner His brother is not a good example
These guys must think what will happen to the British Monarchy in the future
Old 07-30-2010, 11:33 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post

If anything, I actually think that Kate has actually been quite aggressive thourgh her lawyers in her dealings with the paps (eg, the Christmas photographs).
My comment was to do with her being in front of the camera, not her law suit against the photographer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anne83 View Post
They are a good-looking couple I think they can date as much as they want now
But Harry should not marry a commoner His brother is not a good example
These guys must think what will happen to the British Monarchy in the future
Why should he not marry a commoner? If Harry's in love with a commoner and wants to marry this very lucky girl, why shouldn't he?

How is marrying a commoner going to affect the future of the British Monarchy?

Also what's wrong with his brother?

Tags
marriage, prince harry, prince william