The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 08-17-2009, 08:21 PM
Courtier

I would say Lydia Hearst is more Paris, but Amanda is respected and is often spotlighted in Vogue alongside other acceptable heiresses like Lauren Santo Domingo and Eugenie Niarchos, Lauren Bush, Charlotte Casirgahi...etc...

Old 08-17-2009, 08:39 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myself1995 View Post
Speaking of Paris Hilton - always the charmer, she had this to say about Kate Middleton.

Paris Hilton insults Kate Middleton - Monsters and Critics
From what I remember, she slithered over to Wills who patently IGNORED her until he couldn't, then acknowledged her and was rather embarrassed.
I guess you're "mousy" since you don't have a sex tape out. . .hmmmm

Old 08-17-2009, 08:51 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by zembla View Post
I would say Lydia Hearst is more Paris, but Amanda is respected and is often spotlighted in Vogue alongside other acceptable heiresses like Lauren Santo Domingo and Eugenie Niarchos, Lauren Bush, Charlotte Casirgahi...etc...
When Zonk mentioned Paris Hilton's name, I just remembered that she'd slammed Kate Middleton in the media. I've never heard of the Hearst girls - I'll have to look them up. I doubt William would marry anyone who wasn't British unless she was a royal in another country, but Harry's a different matter - I don't think it would matter where the girl he married came from. Though I was suprised when he dated Chelsy - until he did that, I hadn't pictured either of them with anyone who isn't from England.
Old 08-17-2009, 08:57 PM
Administrator

I think because the world is so open now....its easier to travel and work in other countries other than your own...it probably isn't so far fetched for either of them to marry an American. Look at Frederick and Mary, William and Maxima, Joachiim and Alexandra/Marie, etc. Not that are Americans but these Princes met, fell in love and married women who are not from their country.

I think for Harry it definitely will be easier but William needs someone who is very familiar with the British monarchy and understands his role in the monarchy. And even then, it might not work. Look at his parents.

In reference to Paris Hilton, it doesn't even matter that she called Kate "mousy". Again, 20 years from now...the mouse might be Queen, and what did Julia Robert say in Notting Hill, Paris will be somebody who used to look like somebody (famous) a long time ago.

Old 08-17-2009, 09:02 PM
Aristocracy

I found pictures of the Hearst girls - they're both pretty, blonde and models. That definitely seems like Harry's type.

Amanda Hearst
Eforu.com

Lydia Hearst ( I like the Twiggy-esque picture )
http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c3...earst-Shaw.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russophile View Post
From what I remember, she slithered over to Wills who patently IGNORED her until he couldn't, then acknowledged her and was rather embarrassed.
I guess you're "mousy" since you don't have a sex tape out. . .hmmmm
I read that, too - made me like them all the more ...
Old 08-17-2009, 10:21 PM
Courtier

Yeah I agree, out of the two of them...Harry is the one I can see going American. And he is a little more freed up with his choices than William is. You never know, I just think it would shake things up.
Old 08-17-2009, 10:32 PM
Heir Presumptive

Britney Spears??? Haha... How about Harry and the younger Barbara Bush?
Old 08-17-2009, 10:49 PM
Heir Presumptive

Since we're listing socialites here is another Socialite from new york.

Genevieve Jones:
Genevieve Jones Pictures - Dennis Basso - Front Row - Fall 09 MBFW - Zimbio
Old 08-18-2009, 12:46 AM
Commoner

Not particularly fond of Paris Hilton's behaviour but at least she works for a living not connected to her parents' wherewithal ... that's more than KM can say.

I also don't think it's productive or successful to put another down to try to make someone else look good. Kate is far from spectacular, and comparing her to Paris Hilton doesn't say much, it doesn't raise the bar and much less convinces me of Kate's good qualities. Behaviour wise, yes, Kate has it all over Paris, but not in the work ethic stakes ...

And, if William was rude to Paris, then shame on him. He should have more good manners about him - regardless of Paris's reputation (unless she was harassing him). And, he should take a look at what his future subjects are saying about his own girlfriend ... it's rather hypocritical, IMO.
Old 08-18-2009, 01:08 AM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Thank YOU, Magnik. For the picures Yes, its her in 2008.

What Alexandra thinks of William and William of Alexandra really isn't known, but Prince Philip is a close friend to her mother Lady Penny Romsey (now Baroness Brabourne) and the Knatchbulls were always quite close to Charles and the family. As Princess Diana once had a nervous breakdown (I have this seen in a documentary) it was Norton Knatchbull and his wife Penny who took care on her. And I read, Alexandra was Williams first big love (but I read it in some tabloids I have to say).
Old 08-18-2009, 02:21 AM
Imperial Majesty

When did Diana have a nervous breakdown?

She wasn't out of the pubic eye for long enough to really have one and have the proper treatment for one.

Half the documentaries I have seen contradict the other half so I am always wary, just as I am with books etc.
Old 08-18-2009, 02:24 AM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

There's footage from a polo match a few days before Diana married, she watched Charles playing Polo and she had to walk off very abrupt. In the documentary it was called breakdown and for me it really looked so. She seemed to be quite nervous while Penny Romsey talked to her and held her hand. The Knatchbulls finally took her to the car and drove her away. In this documentary they seemed (I'm quite wary too) to ask Charles what had happened and he said, as I remember right, that all the attention via the media had been too much for Diana over the last days.
Old 08-18-2009, 02:54 AM
Nobility

William Windsor and Charollete Casirighi all the way!!!!!!!!!!!!! get rid of the Catholic ban!!!!! let these 2 meet, marry and having beautiful babies
Old 08-18-2009, 09:27 AM
Administrator

First of all, walking away upset is not what I would characterize as a breakdown....but I am not a trained therapist. So I would characterize that as speculative.

Old 08-18-2009, 11:56 AM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

I never said upset, Zonk I watched the scene again and again and to me she seemed to be a nervous wreck in this situation. But I agree, its speculative as you all seem to haven't seen it and such documentaries are always quite a razzle-dazzle as we all know. So, I won't say anything more, mainly because this is not a "Diana-Topic"
Old 08-18-2009, 12:56 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myself1995 View Post
I found pictures of the Hearst girls - they're both pretty, blonde and models. That definitely seems like Harry's type.

Amanda Hearst
Eforu.com

Lydia Hearst ( I like the Twiggy-esque picture )
http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c3...earst-Shaw.jpg
Lydia Hearst

I read that, too - made me like them all the more ...
I just open the links and first what I saw it's that Amanda looks a little bit of like Madeleine of Sweden and Chelsy. hmmm
If I were Harry I would choose Amanda...
Old 08-18-2009, 01:40 PM
Heir Apparent

I'm with you on that choice, magnik. However, that said, I know nothing about her background, etc. She most certainly is a lovely lady.....
Old 08-18-2009, 01:45 PM
Courtier
Royal Blogger

Here's more on Amanda Hearst from Wikipedia. She's a great-granddaughter of William Randolph Hearst, the famous publishing magnate. She's also the niece of Patty Hearst.

Something tells me that William and Harry won't be looking toward socialites from America for their brides, though I could be wrong. I have a feeling she'll either be British or from a Commonwealth nation.

"I have to be seen to be believed."
HM The Queen
Old 08-18-2009, 01:45 PM
Heir Apparent

After news on wiki Amanda Hearst - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
and other links she like art history and is one of heiress, eight years ago
was a debutante on Le Ball Crillon in Paris and is NY socialite and model.

She seems to be nice girl.
But after her family's past we can expect everything.
Old 08-18-2009, 01:47 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Amanda Randolph Hearst. Born: January 5th 1984 (Age = 25)

She is the child of Anne Hearst, a niece of kidnap victim Patty Hearst, and a great-granddaughter of media tycoon William Randolph Hearst. Her father is Richard McChesney, who separated from her mother before Hearst's birth.

Hearst attended Choate Rosemary Hall, a boarding school in Wallingford Connecticut. She graduated in 2002, enrolled at Boston College, and later transferred to Fordham University where she studies Art History.

Lydia Marie Hearst Shaw . Born September 19th 1984 (Age = 24)

A daughter of kidnapping victim and publishing heiress Patricia Campbell Hearst and Bernard Shaw, she was born and raised in Wilton, Connecticut. Her father, who was her mother's bodyguard before the couple's marriage, is now the head of security for the Hearst Corporation.
She briefly attended the Lawrenceville School. Since graduating from Wilton High School she attended Sacred Heart University in Fairfield, Connecticut where she majored in communications and technology before being discovered by fashion photographer Steven Meisel. Her first modeling assignment was for the cover of the Italian edition of Vogue.

Tags
marriage, prince harry, prince william