The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 12-06-2008, 12:50 AM
Royal Highness

I'm not sure I'd classify her as "euro-trash", after all, her grandfather was Prince Rainier, and unless Albert gets married and has children, her mother is the next ruler of Monaco---so....not Euro-trash.
But, while she is without question beautiful--I think that she's a touch pouty, petulant, etc.. and seems to party a lot. I think she would not be happy as a Queen and most likely would not enjoy it.

"We make a living by what we do; we make a life by what we give" Winston Churchill
Old 12-06-2008, 03:46 AM
Heir Presumptive

Charlotte´s out of our fantasy then, two pouty people on the throne would be too much. Has Princess Mathilde any sisters hidden away, oh dear the Act again. but then it is fantasy...

Old 12-06-2008, 04:39 PM

The British press seems to always take the snooty route when they talk about Grimaldis. Maybe they are somewhat jealous of all that sun and fun down in Monaco.
Old 12-07-2008, 08:58 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasiraghiTrio View Post
The British press seems to always take the snooty route when they talk about Grimaldis.
I once heard or read (many moons ago . . . . OK more like 15 to 20 years ago) that the overall attitude of European Royalty towards the BRF was somewhat chilly. This when Princess Diana was the bright and shining icon of fashion, the stuff dreams were made of, her star was in the ascent and the overall opinion of the various royal families was not favourable.

Monaco's royals were known to consider Diana (and most of the rest of the BRF) ill bred, ill educated, and unremarkable. Although one has to remember that the Grimaldis, and most of the other royal houses were and still are, multi-lingual, university educated, cosmopolitan, politically astute leaders. They also considered themselves a cut above the BRF in that their heirs were royal or noble born. Oh that they had known what lay in store for them.

Notwithstanding the above, the BRF is still ill educated and definitely not multi-lingual. That being said, an alliance between William or Harry and someone like Charlotte is unimagineable. She is a ravishing sophisticate. William and Harry most definitely are not!
Old 12-07-2008, 09:25 AM
Heir Presumptive

[quote=MARG;864121]

There is only one problem with that theory and that is that the Monaco family are not royal. Now that Princess Caroline´s third husband is a royal then by marriage so is she and her little youngest daughter, none of the other members of the family are royal.
Old 12-07-2008, 09:38 AM
Heir Apparent

[quote=Menarue;864130]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post

There is only one problem with that theory and that is that the Monaco family are not royal.
I said noble or royal. Since the Grimaldi's are the offspring of Prince Ranier, was he not royal? Is Prince Albert not a member of the royal family of Monaco?

Quote:
Originally Posted by menarue
Now that Princess Caroline´s third husband is a royal then by marriage so is she and her little youngest daughter.
I had noticed a distinct thawing in Princess (not royal?) Caroline. I attributed this to her husband's well known and obvious love and deep respect for his cousin Queen Elizabeth.
Old 12-07-2008, 10:09 AM
Heir Presumptive

The simple answer to all these questions - is no, they are not royal. Rainier was not royal. There is no royal family of Monaco, there is a ruling prince. They have the style of Serene Highnesses except for Caroline who now has HRH because of her husband....
Sorry, not royal any of them.
Old 12-07-2008, 10:26 AM
Heir Apparent

Given the current crop of Crown Princesses, Charlotte Casiraghi will be the perfect choice. However, I agree with Marg noting that union between Prince William/Henri and her is not likely to work because of big differences in up-bringing and life experiences.
Old 12-07-2008, 11:07 AM
Heir Presumptive

I had forgotten in this fantasy bride thread the very lovely Princess Theodora of Greece, a beautiful young lady and not that closely related.
Old 12-07-2008, 02:34 PM

Rumored crushes of the Princes
Cindy Crawford
Christie Brinkley
Claudia Schiffer
Tara Palmer-Tomkinson
Laura Parker Bowles Lopes
Halle Berry

Celebrities linked to the Princes by Tabloid Gossips
Britney Spears
Paris Hilton
Lindsay Lohan
Christina Aguilera

Rumored girlfriends or gal pals of Prince William

Zara Simmonds
Natalie Hicks Lobbecke
Tamara Vestey
Violet von Westenholz
Emilia d'Erlanger
Mary Forestier-Walker
Arabella Musgrave
Amanda Bush
Paulina Trotz (probably Catholic)
Jessica "Jecca" Craig
Isabella Anstruther-Gough-Calthorpe
Bryony Daniels
Olivia Bleasdale
Anna Sloan

Rumored girlfriends or gal pals of Prince Harry
Emma Lippiatt
Laura Gerard Leigh
Nicola "Niki" Sturgis
Emilia d'Erlanger

Cousins matched with the Princes in tabloids or here
Lady Gabriella Windsor
Princess Theodora of Greece & Denmark (Greek Orthodox)
The Hon Laura Fellowes
The Hon Alexandra Knatchbull
Davina Duckworth-Chad

Rumored "contenders"
Lady Rose Alexander
Lady Edwina Grosvenor
Lady Eloise Grosvenor
Lady Mary Douglas-Home
Emily Douglas-Home (Mary's cousin)
Dr Holly Branson
Daisy Dird
Olivia Buchanan-Jardine
Violet Astor
Lady Katherine Howard (Catholic)
Lady Philippa Howard (Catholic)
Lady Sybilla Rufus-Isaacs
Lady Natasha Rufus-Isaacs
Catherine Palmer-Tomkinson
Louisa Welby-Everard
Victoria von Westenholz
Virginia "Ginny" Fraser
Lucy Meade
Clementine "Clemmie" Wellesley-Wesley
Olivia Hunt
Alice Warrender (Kate Middleton's "best mate from St Andrews"?)

Rumored "contenders" ... (until they married other people)
Lady Rosanaugh "Rosie" Innes-Ker
Lady Iona Douglas-Home (Mary's sister, Emily's cousin)
Katherine "Kat" Bearman

American Old money socialites/models
Amanda Hearst
Lauren Bush

Highly unlikely but dreamy royal/princely matches
Princess Madeleine of Sweden (Lutheran)
Charlotte Casiraghi (Catholic)
The Thurn & Taxis sisters, Princesses Maria-Theresia and Elisabeth (Catholic)
Princess Alexandra of Luxembourg (Catholic)
Scilla Ruffo di Calabria (Catholic)
Princess Maria Annunciata of Liechtenstein (Catholic)
Old 12-07-2008, 02:49 PM
Courtier

Lauren Bush or Amanda Heart would be interesting with William.
Old 12-07-2008, 03:03 PM
Courtier
Royal Blogger

What a comprehensive list, CT!

I think it's interesting that there's a "Lady Katherine Howard" listed there - I'd think anyone with that name would want to avoid becoming Queen of England at all costs. It didn't work out too well for the last Katherine Howard! :)

"I have to be seen to be believed."
HM The Queen
Old 12-07-2008, 03:08 PM

^ Yeah, seriously.... it is probably an inside joke among the Howards/Norfolks.
She was one of the girls listed on this page: <<wills world>>
Old 12-07-2008, 03:11 PM
Heir Apparent

Given the list provided by CasiraghiTrio, I have to say that Prince William and Prince Henri have got many wonderful candidates to choose from. Lady Rosanagh, Viscountess Grimston nee Ines-Kerr could have been a great choice. The list of Princesses looks great as well. In my opinion, which is based solely on the photos, I would say that Princess Elisabeth von Thurn und Taxis would suit Prince William better than Princess Maria Teresia.
Old 12-07-2008, 03:41 PM
Heir Presumptive

There were a lot of Roman Catholics in that list, but as we said it is pure fantasy.
Old 12-07-2008, 03:56 PM
Courtier

Great list! Thank you so much.

My favourite would be Lady Edwina Grosvenor ... the first godchild of Diana
Old 12-07-2008, 04:21 PM

I edited the list a little bit, noting the Catholics, and adding a list for "rumored crushes"

If anyone thinks of people to add, speak up. I honestly couldn't remember others, but I know there are others ...............

I'm pretty sure the Thurn princesses are Catholic, and that the Howard girls are catholic seems certain but let me know if I'm wrong, please.

Old 12-07-2008, 04:24 PM
Courtier

Quote:
I edited the list a little bit, noting the Catholics, and adding a list for "rumored crushes"

If anyone thinks of people to add, speak up. I honestly couldn't remember others, but I know there are others ...............

I'm pretty sure the Thurn princesses are Catholic, and that the Howard girls are catholic seems certain but let me know if I'm wrong, please.

CT, Lady Rosanaugh Innes-Ker married this June or was it july? Well either way I doubt she should be on the list
Old 12-07-2008, 04:27 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:

The Thurn princesses are definitely Roman Catholic and the Howards too.
Never mind, it is a fantasy thread....
Old 12-07-2008, 07:10 PM

Yeah, I just figured it was worth noting who is Catholic. I figured the Howards must be Catholic because of the Duke of Norfolk, who I presume is their dad or brother? but wanted outside confirmation.

So I made a list for Former Contenders who Are no longer contenders because they married other people. LOL
Did someone say to those girls, "You coulda been a contender!" ?

Tags
marriage, prince harry, prince william