The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-31-2005, 09:15 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by blondebeauty123
I have wondered this for quite awhile and just now decided to ask this. I s there really any arranged marriages that go on now a days in the RF because it seems to me with the case of Princess DI and Prince Charles that Prince Charles said that the only reason he married Diana was Prince Andrew ordered him to do so. That got me thinking that Prince William may have had some pressure about marrying girls now a days so my question is this will Prince William ever truly find love at its finest or does he have to settle for a girl of his standards?
Prince Andrew ordered him to it? I have never heard of this. Do you mean Prince Philip his father? What I have heard is that at 32 Prince Charles felt pressure to marry and produce an heir.

Old 03-31-2005, 10:07 PM
Heir Apparent

Prince Andrew? that's strange? why would he do such a thing? i thought it was his mum...

Old 04-01-2005, 12:21 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ennyllorac
Prince Andrew ordered him to it? I have never heard of this. Do you mean Prince Philip his father? What I have heard is that at 32 Prince Charles felt pressure to marry and produce an heir.
while this is true, there was also a certain amount of familial pressure.
Old 04-01-2005, 03:56 AM
Serene Highness

More likely his grandmother who, IMO, had been scheming with Diana's grandmother Lady Fermoy for a match.
Old 04-01-2005, 06:11 AM
Courtier

i've heard that charles had to marry a virgin,is the situation same for william or other princes?
Old 04-01-2005, 05:42 PM
Aristocracy

That is true about Charles, but I think the time for that sort of thing is past.
Old 04-15-2005, 12:01 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad_barbarella
well i think they should get married

omg paris said she thinks william is hot :) hehe i thought she would like him... she always wears tiaras and pretends to be either...

if charlotte doesnt marry will i think paris should haha :) then these stupid superficial haters royal rules can be put to the test :)
If Paris Hilton does marry Prince William (over my dead body will she ever do that) I can assure you that many of New York's socialites will start to scream bloody murder and with some starting to roll over in their graves.
Her name is already tarnished in their circle and mentioning the name Paris Hilton is already considered to be a big no-no.
Old 04-15-2005, 04:44 PM
Commoner

Prince William Marrying a Commoner

Would the Rf accept a girl that william wanted to marry that was born a commoner but later in life inherited it. Would she be resented since she wasn't always an aristocat? Also is it required in the Rf for an RF member to have to marry a virgin because if it is then they should change that.
Old 04-15-2005, 04:56 PM
Gentry

Well, Kate is a "commoner." But she comes from a wealthy family. Both William and Harry will probably marry titled girls and/or daughters of wealthy men. Those are the social circles they run in and those are the kinds of girls they meet and hang out with.

I don't think the RF would resent a commner at all. I they seem very happy with Sophie, but they didn't like Fergie at the end because she brought embarrassment onto the family.

I wonder about the "virgin" thing myself. In this day and age, it might be hard to find a 20 something girl who is a virgin. I'm sure there are upper-class British girls who, in the immortal words of Diana, are "keeping themselves tidy" in the hopes that they will have a chance with William. But I'm sure William will marry a girl who has limited, if any, "experience."

Harry will have much more leeway when it comes to his bride. Charles would have never been allowed to marry someone like Fergie, whereas Andrew was.
Old 04-15-2005, 07:04 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Binky
Well, Kate is a "commoner." But she comes from a wealthy family. Both William and Harry will probably marry titled girls and/or daughters of wealthy men. Those are the social circles they run in and those are the kinds of girls they meet and hang out with.

I don't think the RF would resent a commner at all. I they seem very happy with Sophie, but they didn't like Fergie at the end because she brought embarrassment onto the family.

I wonder about the "virgin" thing myself. In this day and age, it might be hard to find a 20 something girl who is a virgin. I'm sure there are upper-class British girls who, in the immortal words of Diana, are "keeping themselves tidy" in the hopes that they will have a chance with William. But I'm sure William will marry a girl who has limited, if any, "experience."

Harry will have much more leeway when it comes to his bride. Charles would have never been allowed to marry someone like Fergie, whereas Andrew was.
i would agree your posts!

when Prince Edward dating with Sophie-Rhys Jones before both got married in June 19,1999 because Sophie is former Public Relation busniesswoman and he brought her to Royals meet the HM Queen i dont blames the Wessexes i respectively Sophie because she going with Prince Edward for trips and on vacation with the Royal Family before got married and Sophie still more respect with the Queen and late Queen Mother and Sophie bring her parents to meet the Queen and Royals also i cant believe she did that.

when Prince William brought her girlfriend Kate to skiing on college break but he wanted to bring with her i understand he and Kate been roommates for years.

im not sure about Princess Diana have to recalled to any woman like Sophie Wessex because Diana always do that! i knew that when Diana been recalled to the Queen for more reason!

Prince Harry been dating with girls from Africa and she got bad languages from his dad the Prince Charles and HM Queen im not sure but i dont like his girlfriends who are not respect at Royals in the taboilds but im not sure about that question!

Sara Boyce
Old 04-16-2005, 03:07 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by cute_girl
can he marry his cousins?
I'm sure he would be allowed to marry second cousins and such. After all how was it that the Royal Families of Europe manage to keep royal marriages within their circle for such a long time? Besides, if he was to marry a Royal, they would be related one way or another, whether genetically or through a marriage.

As for William and Charlotte getting married, I highly doubt it would ever happen considering the fact that Charlotte is Roman Catholic, this is of course unless Charlotte relenquishes her Catholic faith and converts to William's religion.
Old 04-16-2005, 01:15 PM
Nobility

What do you think of Theodora of Grecee for William?
Old 04-16-2005, 01:25 PM
Heir Apparent

Prince William will chose Royals Brides for future Queen of England. BUT William wanted Kate Middleton as Queen of England because his girlfriend from college in Scotland he would decides to getting married im not sure when he told reporter he will getting married at 28 or 30 but he really younger! but William still dating his girlfriend with Kate for more years!

Sara Boyce
Old 04-17-2005, 03:04 PM
Nobility

Guys...i read that Prince Charles had to marry a virgin.....do you that if this could apply to William?
Old 04-17-2005, 03:32 PM
Royal Highness

I believe that only the heir to the throne has to marry a virgin. This doesn't apply to any of the others.
Old 04-17-2005, 03:42 PM
Nobility

So..he will have to marry a virgin......he´s 2 in the line of sucession...I will try to forget about sex for more about 7 years...hehehehehehehe,...kidding...
Old 04-17-2005, 10:49 PM
Commoner

Wills doesn't have to marry a virgin. He can marry any girl he wants as long as she's not Catholic. If he's under the age of 25, the Queen (or King, if it's Charles by then) would have to approve of the girl.
Old 04-18-2005, 12:18 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnitolaNova
Wills doesn't have to marry a virgin. He can marry any girl he wants as long as she's not Catholic. If he's under the age of 25, the Queen (or King, if it's Charles by then) would have to approve of the girl.

so, he would be allowed to marry someone who is jew, muslim or from another not christian religion?
Old 04-18-2005, 12:41 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by stacy
so, he would be allowed to marry someone who is jew, muslim or from another not christian religion?
a muslim woman can't marry a christian man he should convert to Islam to marry her
Old 04-18-2005, 01:42 AM
Administrator

Marriage restrictions

Quote:
Originally Posted by stacy
So, he would be allowed to marry someone who is jew, muslim or from another not christian religion?
The only legal restrictions on a marriage are by the Act of Settlement and the Royal Marriages Act:

* Up to the age of 25 he requires the permission of the Sovereign to marry;
* He can marry anyone, as long as she is not Roman Catholic.

If he does marry a Roman Catholic he forfeits his right to the Throne.

This is not the Queen's ruling, it is laid down by an Act of Parliament and can only be changed by the British Parliament.

Tags
marriage, prince harry, prince william