The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 12-04-2008, 08:22 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menarue View Post
Avicenna my words of "wisdom " were based solely on looks, they would look good together, nothing else. As a couple I donīt think they would be compatible at all.
Fantasy is fantasy. But, the girl really would look wonderful in a crown.
Yes, but as somebofy qute rightly pointed out, does one want Princess Pushy any closer to the throne than she already is. That could be difficult and emabarrassing!

Old 12-04-2008, 08:27 AM
Royal Highness

maybe possible
Princess Alexandra of Luxembourg for Prince William, Princess Madeleine of Sweden for Prince Herry

Old 12-04-2008, 08:48 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by QUEENECE29 View Post
maybe possible
Princess Alexandra of Luxembourg for Prince William, Princess Madeleine of Sweden for Prince Herry
One should not forget that in former times princesses had to marry princes as a mere nobleman wouldn't do. And there were lots and lots of them, not just a son and a daughter for a "normal" Royal couple like today but large families with a lot of siblings. So of course attending family or state events like weddings, coronations, baptisms, funerals or even birthdays were opportunities for the youngsters to meet - as early as at the nursery, where they all were kept apart from the grown-ups but later at the events themselves when time was right to contract marriages they met again and had a chance to fall in love or at least feel they could live with another as husband and spouse.

Today only some Royals attend such occasions, it's very rare if the souverain and the Crown prince(ss) attend the same event in a foreign country and next to impossible to greet a whole family of foreign Royalty. So no wonder those Royal kids don't meet within their circles, which are no "circles" anymore while they do meet all kind of other children and later grown-ups.
'To dare is to lose one step for but a moment, not to dare is to lose oneself forever' - Crown Prince Frederick of Denmark in a letter to Miss Mary Donaldson as stated by them on their official engagement interview.
Old 12-04-2008, 08:49 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
Yes, but as somebofy qute rightly pointed out, does one want Princess Pushy any closer to the throne than she already is. That could be difficult and emabarrassing!
One big push and she could be sitting on it.....
Old 12-04-2008, 08:51 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo of Palatine View Post
One should not forget that in former times princesses had to marry princes as a mere nobleman wouldn't do. And there were lots and lots of them, not just a son and a daughter for a "normal" Royal couple like today but large families with a lot of siblings. So of course attending family or state events like weddings, coronations, baptisms, funerals or even birthdays were opportunities for the youngsters to meet - as early as at the nursery, where they all were kept apart from the grown-ups but later at the events themselves when time was right to contract marriages they met again and had a chance to fall in love or at least feel they could live with another as husband and spouse.

Today only some Royals attend such occasions, it's very rare if the souverain and the Crown prince(ss) attend the same event in a foreign country and next to impossible to greet a whole family of foreign Royalty. So no wonder those Royal kids don't meet within their circles, which are no "circles" anymore while they do meet all kind of other children and later grown-ups.
Didnīt Queen Margarethe of Denmark have the wonderful idea of a royal cruise on her yacht. I donīt know if it ended up in any royal marriage or not though.
Old 12-04-2008, 09:01 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menarue View Post
One big push and she could be sitting on it.....
enough to make most of republicans! Perish the thought of that greedy woman doing any more damage to the royal family than she does as she goes about her daily business as a rent-a-royal!
Old 12-04-2008, 09:08 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mermaid1962 View Post
That's what I meant, jcbcode. I'm Canadian.
and therefore, no intermarrying as well! Although, for generations in the American South it was not uncommon for second and third cousins to marry, I believe that there are now laws against it--although some states may still allow it. I frankly don't get it---it's important to expand the gene pool, you know what I mean???
All this discussion of Gabriella marrying William is disturbing. She is certainly gorgeous, but I just don't really think we'll ever see that happen.
However, someon mentioned Princess Alexandra of Luxemberg and I have to agree that she could be a good one for Harry. She's really lovely. The only royal person I don't particularly like for either is Charlotte Casiraghi because she seems to be too much of a party-type (on par with Princess Bea) but there is no question she is remarkably beautiful--just as her mother and grandmother.

"We make a living by what we do; we make a life by what we give" Winston Churchill
Old 12-04-2008, 09:14 AM
Heir Presumptive

Pure fantasy Janet, pure fantasy, mind you here in Portugal cousins marrying is not unusual. My parents-in-law were second cousins. Charlotte Casiraghi is very pretty but she always has such a petulant look about her, she doesnīt look as though she is having fun even when they say she is at a party.
Old 12-04-2008, 10:14 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
enough to make most of republicans! Perish the thought of that greedy woman doing any more damage to the royal family than she does as she goes about her daily business as a rent-a-royal!
As a big supporter of Prince and Princess Michael and Lady Gabriella... Why is it necessary to spread slanders about Princess Michael without good reasons to do so? What are the real chances of Lady Gabriella marrying Prince William? I think that these chances are zero. I know this thread is just a mere speculations on our part, but nobody seems to adversely comment about other prospective in-laws. Does it mean that other prospective in-laws are perfect?
The British Royal family has been damaging itself without Prince and Princess Michael. Let us not forget about scandalous divorces of Princes Charles and Prince Andrew, who did tarnish the image of the monarchy.
Old 12-04-2008, 10:46 AM
Aristocracy

Hi Al Bina,

Nicely said; I agree with you 100%......
Let us not slander Princess Michael on press and media characterizations... She has been labelled as 'the bad seed' in the Royal Family but do we really know her??

And, since this is a 'fantasy' thread anyway, Gabriella has as much chance of marrying William as any of the other 'candidates'!!!

Larry
Old 12-04-2008, 10:48 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al_bina View Post
Why is it necessary to spread slanders about Princess Michael without good reasons to do so?
I do not believe my statements are tantamount to slander, they are merely a reaction to a terrible thought (IMO).

Quote:
What are the real chances of Lady Gabriella marrying Prince William? I think that these chances are zero. I know this thread is just a mere speculations on our part, but nobody seems to adversely comment about other prospective in-laws. Does it mean that other prospective in-laws are perfect?
Thankfully, absolutely none!

If it makes you feel better, some pretty terrible things have been said about the Middletons over time (doors to manual.......)

Quote:
Let us not forget about scandalous divorces of Princes Charles and Prince Andrew, who did tarnish the image of the monarchy.
As regards the "scandalous divorces of Princes Charles and Prince Andrew", I just do not think that is relevant to this conversation.

I appreciate you have a point of view, and you are a supporter of Prince & Princess Michael. I respect that view, but unfortunately, I am not a fan of the couple. I just think they have consistently failed to conduct themselves in the way they ought to, and perhaps thats why I tend not to follow their current events.... and that is why I would be horrified if Princess Pushy became the mother-in-law of the future King! Its not easy to rationalise these feelings, and why you may like them and I may not, but we are all different people.
Old 12-04-2008, 10:53 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vecchiolarry View Post
She has been labelled as 'the bad seed' in the Royal Family but do we really know her??
You are right, we do not really know her, but over the years we know quite a few stories about her... numerous lovers (for both of them), fake sheikh, "anything for a hot lunch", being accused of plaigarism when she wrote a book, some racist comments in a restaurant in NY........ and that is quite enough for me. I know the press is not always right, but some of this has got to stick. It is clear she is not very popular in the BRF either. Based on all of this, I really do not want to know much more about her!
Old 12-04-2008, 11:05 AM
Gentry

Princess Michael is one of my favourite royals.

First and foremost, because she has a long and distinguished pedigree, which is nevertheless largely unrelated to the Saxe-Coburg-Gotha/Oldenburg lines which dominate most of the royal houses today. Which of itself sets her apart from most of the people who have married into the BRF in the last half century, all of them commoners or of undistinguished aristocratic blood.

She is of royal blood and knows it. She has attitude, her own opinions, is a beautiful strong woman, dignified, elegant, without being vulgar or the typical bland, boring royal. And the fact that she has the backbone to stand up to the Queen and other more senior members of the BRF only endears her to me, because few other people would dare to do so, royal or not. And at the end of the day the BRF are people like any other and need to be put in their place, from time to time, so it is good that there is a Princess Michael around to remind them that they are still only humans like the rest of us

A quick Google Image Search on her two children will show that her genes were a more than welcome addition to the BRF And the marriage of her daughter to Prince William and of her son to Princess Beatice would be a most welcome looks&personality upgrade for the next generation of British royals.
Old 12-04-2008, 11:06 AM
Majesty

muriel,
I think it will be better for us to leave the discussion at this point as this discussion has got little to do with the topic. Indeed there are numerous old stories about Princess Michael. However, these stories tend to look pale in comparison with stories published about senior members of the British Royal family. Let us just disagree.
Old 12-04-2008, 11:13 AM
Majesty

Quote:
muriel,
I think it will be better for us to leave the discussion at this point as this discussion has got little to do with the topic. Indeed there are numerousold stories about Princess Michael. There is nothing new. However, these stories tend to look pale in comparison with stories published about senior members of the British Royal family. Let us just disagree.
You are right, this conversation is digressing from the topic of this thread. You are also right in that the stories are old (and not so old, but certaibly not new news). I only mentioned them to explain where I was coming from, but we can agree to disagree on this one
Old 12-04-2008, 11:17 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velasco View Post

First and foremost, because she has a long and distinguished pedigree, which is nevertheless largely unrelated to the Saxe-Coburg-Gotha/Oldenburg lines which dominate most of the royal houses today. Which of itself sets her apart from most of the people who have married into the BRF in the last half century, all of them commoners or of undistinguished aristocratic blood.

She is of royal blood and knows it. She has attitude, her own opinions, is a beautiful strong woman, dignified, elegant, without being vulgar or the typical bland, boring royal. And the fact that she has the backbone to stand up to the Queen and other more senior members of the BRF only endears her to me, because few other people would dare to do so, royal or not. And at the end of the day the BRF are people like any other and need to be put in their place, from time to time, so it is good that there is a Princess Michael around to remind them that they are still only humans like the rest of us

A quick Google Image Search on her two children will show that her genes were a more than welcome addition to the BRF And the marriage of her daughter to Prince William and of her son to Princess Beatice would be a most welcome looks&personality upgrade for the next generation of British royals.
Her blood lines and looks mean little to me, unfortunately, when compared to some of the things she has been up to. But as Al B rightly pointed out, we are digressing....
Old 12-04-2008, 11:29 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velasco View Post

Just a footnote on Princess Michaelīs pedigree. Only on her motherīs side does she have royal blood.
Letīs not digress. We are fantasizing about a wife for the two Wales Princes.
Old 12-04-2008, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regina View Post
Yes, that's you CasiraghiTrio, but the Queen is a devout Christian and she surely minds with the faith of future children of William and Harry. William will be one day the head of the Anglican Church.
It is true that the official position means that the monarch and future monarchs are expected to set an example. I don't pretend to know what the Queen's personal feelings are, but certainly her official position has to be prejudiced in favor of the Anglican faith. That said, I like that Prince Charles made an attempt to change that expectation. With the diminishing of Anglican numbers, it strikes me as appropriate for the monarch to be Defender of Catholic, Jewish, Buddhist, Muslim subjects as well as the minority of Anglican subjects.
Quote:
The queen knows that if William (who doesnt seem to be very religious) marries a very devout roman catholic or a devout muslim... probably the lady will want to raise their children according to her beliefs... If it's difficult to imagine a british heir marrying a Muslim or an Indian young girl it is even more difficult to imagine a british king/queen professing non-anglican beliefs.
Even if the bride-to-be says "I am not a roman catholic anymore", who knows if she is telling the truth? It's always very difficult for us (and for the queen I guess) to know if they changed her faith because they really changed their mind or because they would do anything to marry a Prince.
This is a good point. Prince and Princess Michael agreed officially to raise their kids as Anglicans, but domestic religion is an ambiguous thing. Even with Lord Fred and Lady Ella going off to C of E boarding schools, they ha ve their own minds like anyone and they have other (in the case of your argument, parental) influences.
Quote:
Maybe he likes older women LOL

Lady Gabriella would make a great queen of any country!
I think Prince William probably likes slightly older women. Kate is six months his senior. When he was about 18, or 19, he dated a 20 something model, Natalie Something. He supposedly had teenage crushes on Tara PT and Laura PB. That Zara Simmonds chick was 19 and he was 13 when their little childish fling hit the rumor mill.

Lady Ella is very pretty and liberally educated. I agree she's a good fantasy, if not likely, bride for William. Her mother, however intelligent and otherwise gifted, is still scary though. LOL
Old 12-04-2008, 01:02 PM
Royal Highness

Whatever one's opinion on HRH Princess Michael of Kent (and mine is mixed) the lady can wear some jewels! Just to play "Fantasy" as my friend Menarue calls it, let's just suppose that Gabriella does marry William and brings some of those Kent jewels BACK into the main line of the British Royal Family? That would just be heavenly--although ,as we've said, completely unrealistic. But, for the sake of jewels I might change my opinion.........

"We make a living by what we do; we make a life by what we give" Winston Churchill
Old 12-04-2008, 01:07 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcbcode99 View Post
Whatever one's opinion on HRH Princess Michael of Kent (and mine is mixed) the lady can wear some jewels! Just to play "Fantasy" as my friend Menarue calls it, let's just suppose that Gabriella does marry William and brings some of those Kent jewels BACK into the main line of the British Royal Family? That would just be heavenly--although ,as we've said, completely unrealistic. But, for the sake of jewels I might change my opinion.........
Now thats an interesting thought thats worth pursuing for the sake of "Fantasy" - though I wouldbe surprised if any of those jewels came back to the royal fold whilst Princess Pushy is alive...... and then it will be a question of how much is left to each of the two children. Clearly from a financial point of view, one is more likely to need them than the other!

Closed Thread

Tags
marriage, prince harry, prince william