Old 05-14-2007, 12:46 PM
Nobility

Prefered wife for William ?
Me!

Old 05-14-2007, 03:50 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by lockedstep
Yup, I trully understand that William could lose the throne if he wed a catholic woman. Just cant help imagine it. Charlotte could convert into Protestant (correct me if Im wrong) wed Will and bcm the next Queen Consort. Queen Charlotte sound nice right??? Cross my fingers...

Just imagine their children, With Grimaldi Beauty genes and British Royalty, they will conquer the world

If they really wanted to get married and she became an Anglican, then yes one day she'd be Queen Charlotte. And I completely agree that their kids would be stunning-looking.

"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "
Old 05-14-2007, 04:19 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by lockedstep
William - Charlotte Casiraghi
William - Princess Madeline

Dreams come true :
Although possibly not at the same time. We're probably not ready for a king with multiple wives yet.
Old 05-14-2007, 04:32 PM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by coco
Sorry but Charlotte and William? It sounds very strange to me. I like both but they are so different and I . . . I can't say why but I have a problem with this idea . . . if you understand me.

sometimes I'll change my mind . . . . maybe
coco, I get what your saying & i agree, they dont seem to make the perfect match nor do i see him marrying a foreigner (non Uk) . I hope William chooses someone from the United Kingdom & i think that would be the right choice. Class doesnt matter to me, because whether she is or isnt from a noble family shell still have to take royal etiquette etc lessons.

I think when William is old enough to tie the knot, he will make the perfect decision, hell also know what to look for & who might be suitable for the future role when he is crown prince or king.
Old 05-15-2007, 03:15 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by coco
Sorry but Charlotte and William? It sounds very strange to me. I like both but they are so different and I . . . I can't say why but I have a problem with this idea . . . if you understand me.

sometimes I'll change my mind . . . . maybe
well, thats why I say it my imagination. to good to be true, seems impossible but nothing impossible in d world. Remind me about princess caroline and prince charless in 70s
Logically, William will choose a Bride from Britain. Someone like Kate I hope he get independent, smart and sweet (dont have to be pretty) woman, someone like me (seem unlikely coz I'm not a British)
Old 05-15-2007, 08:30 PM
Nobility

I hope he finds someone to love and who loves him back. And that he does not pay any attention to what she does or does not do for a living. Much like his father, who has found in Camilla someone who makes him very happy. I'm not saying Camilla is perfect, or beautiful or has worked hard. But she is the woman who has made Charles happy, she is the woman who is his rock. This is what I wish for William. Be it Kate or anyone else. Employment, education, the rest of the fluff is just that.

I'm still POd at him for tossing aside a woman who I think could be all of those things and a wonderful consort and representative of Great Britain. Time will tell. I still think they might reconnect down the road. She seems a little too happy, a little too smug, and her post-breakup expressions remind me of someone who knows the fix is in.
Old 05-16-2007, 09:03 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luv2Cruise
I think William will be into his 30s before he begins to think about settling down. I think these women in his circle are savvy and know better that they will be nothing more than time passers for this dude. I don't see him jumping from the frying pan to into the fire, so to speak.
interesting observation and I think you're right except if the situation would occur where he either falls completely head over heels with someone, or, someone clever makes him fall for her head over heels!

I wonder too, had Diana been alive still, what, if any, influence she might have had on her son's choice of partners. Would she have refrained from commenting on his choices? Would she have been judgmental on the other hand? We'll never know of course, but I read somewhere Wills regarded her as his best friend, when she was alive. Would his best friend/mom, if she'd still been here, have been an influence on her son's matters of the heart?
Old 05-20-2007, 12:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess olga
I wonder too, had Diana been alive still, what, if any, influence she might have had on her son's choice of partners. Would she have refrained from commenting on his choices? Would she have been judgmental on the other hand? We'll never know of course, but I read somewhere Wills regarded her as his best friend, when she was alive. Would his best friend/mom, if she'd still been here, have been an influence on her son's matters of the heart?
It is also interesting to wonder if Diana would have been a kind of matchmaker matriarch? Like the Queen Mother was, pushing Prince Charles toward the granddaughters of her "dear lady Fermoy", for instance? What sort of wives can you see Matriarchal, purely-hypothetical Diana "pushing" on her sons? The woman who invited Cindy Crawford for tea!
Old 05-20-2007, 01:12 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasiraghiTrio
It is also interesting to wonder if Diana would have been a kind of matchmaker matriarch? Like the Queen Mother was, pushing Prince Charles toward the granddaughters of her "dear lady Fermoy", for instance? What sort of wives can you see Matriarchal, purely-hypothetical Diana "pushing" on her sons? The woman who invited Cindy Crawford for tea!
OMG, that's so true! Diana, love her to pieces, could be quite the schemer, I wouldn't have put this past her! Hopefully she wouldn't have arranged high tea meetings between Wills and such 'ladies' as Kate Moss or that overrated Sienna Miller type!
Old 05-20-2007, 04:52 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sister Morphine
He could marry her, provided she converted from Roman Catholicism first. Because of the Act of Settlement (which really ought to go), he can't marry a Catholic and retain his place in the line of succession.
i actually think if that ever happened and william truely fell in love with a catholic girl and wanted to marry her, that they would change the Act of Settlement, i think the royal family and government and the rest of the country would rather have that that silly law changed then to lose william as a future King.

Part of me would love william to annouce that he has fallen in love with a Catholic girl.
Old 05-20-2007, 05:08 AM
Imperial Majesty

Well, it would certainly be interesting. It'd be nice if the government did something about the Act of Succession before being backed into a corner by an heir wanting to marry a Catholic, but precedent suggests that it won't happen that way.
Old 05-22-2007, 05:35 AM

Cool

I would love to see Prince William marry another royal. It would be refreshing to see two royals marry. Maybe a Russian or French Princess. I dont think any of the ruling houses has a Princess that he could marry.
Old 05-22-2007, 05:54 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by prettyreader
I would love to see Prince William marry another royal. It would be refreshing to see two royals marry. Maybe a Russian or French Princess. I dont think any of the ruling houses has a Princess that he could marry.
I woud love it if William woud marry Princesse Teodora of Greece what alot of beutiful children they woud get.

I woud also like if Williams farther and grandfarther woud stop medling in his life al the time..

Old 05-22-2007, 06:03 AM
Administrator in Memoriam

Quote:
Originally Posted by H.M. Margrethe
I woud also like if Williams farther and grandfarther would stop medling in his life all the time..
Are there some examples of how they are doing that?
Old 05-22-2007, 06:21 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren
Are there some examples of how they are doing that?
Yes the time when he broke up with Kate.

Old 05-22-2007, 06:28 AM
Administrator in Memoriam

Quote:
Is there some evidence that the Duke of Edinburgh and the Prince of Wales were instrumental in William breaking off with Kate Middleton?
Old 05-22-2007, 06:54 AM
Majesty

Quote:
What?

Don't tell me that I missed a "very significant event", that, being William's father and grandfather being seen to meddle in his life, all the time?
Old 05-22-2007, 08:50 AM
Heir Presumptive

I doubt Prince Charles or Prince Philip are "meddling" in William's private life. From what has been reported, they wanted him to reach his own decision and be fair to Kate.

I'm sure William will find an appropriate lady to marry when the time comes. He's still young and has a lot of responsibility ahead of him.
Old 05-22-2007, 09:04 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by branchg
I doubt Prince Charles or Prince Philip are "meddling" in William's private life. From what has been reported, they wanted him to reach his own decision and be fair to Kate.

I'm sure William will find an appropriate lady to marry when the time comes. He's still young and has a lot of responsibility ahead of him.
I am shure that they pushed him to make his dession about him and Kate..let me give you a question woud you as a parrent push your son or daugther to break up a realeasionship or woud you let them find it out them selfs ?

Old 05-22-2007, 09:08 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG
What?

Don't tell me that I missed a "very significant event", that, being William's father and grandfather being seen to meddle in his life, all the time?
Well i donīt let my parrents or grandparrents deside witch man i was going to fall in love with and live together with him, and i think that it is a pitty that William is so weak that he is being told by his dad and granddad that he had to end his relasionship with Kate.

Closed Thread

Tags
marriage, prince harry, prince william