The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-19-2007, 06:06 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by SASSY
Sirikitiya Jensen (another Princess from Thailand who was born in 1985) attends college in NY - http://www.thainewyork.com/albums/si..._jensen_05.jpg
Quote:
She's really pretty!
Wow she really is pretty. This Sirikitiya Jensen is a great candidate to become William or Harry's wife.

Old 04-19-2007, 06:29 PM
Courtier

Religion

Iīd be very astonished if nowadays girls set their hearts still that much on religion. If this is going to become the only problem with William finding a proper woman than Iīd say itīs minor. Might only be another excuse for him not to choose a noble girl...
To alter letīs say catholic into protestant is IMO only a problem for VERY religious persons but I canīt imagine William to want a very religious wife....

Old 04-19-2007, 08:15 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefanie
Iīd be very astonished if nowadays girls set their hearts still that much on religion. If this is going to become the only problem with William finding a proper woman than Iīd say itīs minor. Might only be another excuse for him not to choose a noble girl...
To alter letīs say catholic into protestant is IMO only a problem for VERY religious persons but I canīt imagine William to want a very religious wife....
But isn't William some what religious? And besides it's not what he really whats it's more what the constitution says he ought to have, right? Plus tradition and all that good stuff. But I doubt a great deal of people care what religion any girl is (or at least I don't), I mean if someone really wants to marry him, then she can just say she has converted but maybe at heart she hasn't, does that make sense? whatever...
Old 04-19-2007, 11:16 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurberryBrit
She is pretty! That would be an interesting match.

I think it would be an interesting match too! She looks like that girl who portrays "Lana Lang" on "Smallville"!
Old 04-19-2007, 11:37 PM
Heir Presumptive

I still would like Catherine and William to give another go. I had my heart all set on them getting married. LOL

But if they are 100% dunzo, no hope of reconcilliation, then Princess Madeleine of Sweden. Hey, if you're gonna go....go big.
"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "
Old 04-20-2007, 03:18 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sister Morphine
I still would like Catherine and William to give another go. I had my heart all set on them getting married. LOL

I hope also that they will get together again. May be they just "pretended" this separation, to give Kate a breath....
Old 04-20-2007, 03:36 AM
Courtier

Quote:
The fact is, the law of land, i.e., Great Britain, FORBIDS a monarch or an heir from marrying a Catholic.

Whether prince William cares about it is neither here nor there.

He cannot marry a Catholic as the law stands. Or, he can, but only if he gives up his claim to the throne.

My own view is that, in this day and age, that's outrageous. However, it automatically rules out a number of European princesses.
Old 04-20-2007, 03:37 AM
Heir Apparent

I'd like to see William broadening his horizons, and having a good look around the former Empire. There are some stunningly beautiful, charming, intelligent and well-educated Indian girls, and of course a lot of attractive Australians and Canadians, and there's also Hong Kong and the West Indies, and all the former Colonies in Africa.
Old 04-20-2007, 03:40 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polly
The fact is, the law of land, i.e., Great Britain, FORBIDS a monarch or an heir from marrying a Catholic.
It's the sort of law that could be changed quite easily, I think.
Old 04-20-2007, 03:48 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roslyn
It's the sort of law that could be changed quite easily, I think.
It does, however, mean allowing Parliament to debate matters pertaining to the Royal Family. That sort of debate could go in many directions and can't necessarily be controlled e.g. the reforms of the House of Lords recently - the PM wanted a more limited reform to that which the Commons voted for - namely a fully elected house whereas the PM was pushing for some appointees and some elected.

This could be a very real fear for any monarchist PM - do we really push the issue and have some anti-monarchist propose all sorts of restrictions on the RF and their role within the legislation.

Maybe that wouldn't happen but that is a fear and one I suspect that William himself, along with his family is accutely aware of, and thus why I suspect that any potential RC girl will either not be considered or will change her religion before it gets to the really serious stage.

I do agree that the law is a bit anachronistic but at the same time someone who is strictly RC does have the responsiblity to consider the pronouncements from the Vatican - i.e. the pronouncements of a foreign power to Britian - so the parliament may not be too convinced to allow the spouse of the Head of State be someone who would take instruction in any aspect of their life from a foreign Head of State. This is a political question as well as a religious one I am afraid.
Old 04-20-2007, 05:08 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roslyn
I'd like to see William broadening his horizons, and having a good look around the former Empire. There are some stunningly beautiful, charming, intelligent and well-educated Indian girls, and of course a lot of attractive Australians and Canadians, and there's also Hong Kong and the West Indies, and all the former Colonies in Africa.
Precisely!! William can find another suitable bride outside of England.
Old 04-20-2007, 06:54 PM
Courtier

The fact that all British royals married British persons (commoners) didnīt depend on them having the "British religion" but on the love between them. Of course if William f.i. choses a catholic one (what IMO is rather unlikely because he doesnīt seem to have any interest in young Ladies from outside his country) she should be ready to change her religion into Williamīs. I canīt imagine that the future king of Great Britain changes his religion into the one of his future wife.
So since I believe he in the end is gonna marry "inside" Britain the problem might not become evident anyway.
Old 04-20-2007, 09:30 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by fandesacs2003
I hope also that they will get together again. May be they just "pretended" this separation, to give Kate a breath....
That's what I was thinking. That they are pretending to break up probably so that Kate could have some space or to throw people off about a possible engagement.

Then they get back together and tell people the break up was a hoax and that they are engaged. (that would happen in a perfect world)
Old 04-20-2007, 10:15 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadiyah2086
That's what I was thinking. That they are pretending to break up probably so that Kate could have some space or to throw people off about a possible engagement.

Then they get back together and tell people the break up was a hoax and that they are engaged. (that would happen in a perfect world)

I don't think that they would ever tell anyone that it was a hoax.

It may very well be a trial break-up to see if each of them really want to be together.

Having been together for as long as they have at the age they are they may very well have decided to spend some time 'playing the field' to see if they are truly meant to be. They may even have put a time period on it - remember William's comment about getting married at 28 - 30. It may very well be that they have decided for the next 2 - 3 years to see others and then admit in 2010 - 2011 that they really should never have split up and that they really should be together.
Old 04-20-2007, 11:58 PM
Courtier

Quote:
The fact that all British royals married British persons (commoners) didnīt depend on them having the "British religion" but on the love between them. Of course if William f.i. choses a catholic one (what IMO is rather unlikely because he doesnīt seem to have any interest in young Ladies from outside his country) she should be ready to change her religion into Williamīs. I canīt imagine that the future king of Great Britain changes his religion into the one of his future wife.
So since I believe he in the end is gonna marry "inside" Britain the problem might not become evident anyway.
But, Stefanie, many aristocrats as well as other commoners in the UK are Catholic. Indeed, the Earl Marshall of England, the Premier Duke of the Realm, is the Duke of Norfolk, a Catholic.
Old 04-21-2007, 05:19 PM

Talking

I think Princesss Mandelene of Sweden and Wills would make a very good-looking couple. I have read somewhere that Wills' surrounding made fun about Kate Middleton's breed. Her mom comes fom family of minors.
Old 04-21-2007, 05:25 PM

Quote:
But, Stefanie, many aristocrats as well as other commoners in the UK are Catholic. Indeed, the Earl Marshall of England, the Premier Duke of the Realm, is the Duke of Norfolk, a Catholic.

However, these people do not stand in the queue to the thrown so close as Wills. He is a defender of Faith... Moreover, The Uk still has problems in Northern Ireland. I do not think they will remove the faith thing from title until this conflict is solved.
Old 04-21-2007, 07:57 PM
Courtier

My point wasn't the closeness to the throne or otherwise of the Norfolks, but, rather, that many of the 'suitable' young women who William might meet could well be Catholic, i.e. it doesn't necessarily follow that if William finds a British woman whom he wants to wed that she'll be a Protestant.

The 1701 Act of Settlement prohibits any Catholic from becoming King or Queen, or marrying the heir to the throne. If William did indeed wish to marry a Catholic, whether she was British or not, he could, but he'd have to relinquish his place in the succession.
Old 04-21-2007, 08:59 PM
Administrator

Quote:
My point wasn't the closeness to the throne or otherwise of the Norfolks, but, rather, that many of the 'suitable' young women who William might meet could well be Catholic, i.e. it doesn't necessarily follow that if William finds a British woman whom he wants to wed that she'll be a Protestant.

The 1701 Act of Settlement prohibits any Catholic from becoming King or Queen, or marrying the heir to the throne. If William did indeed wish to marry a Catholic, whether she was British or not, he could, but he'd have to relinquish his place in the succession.
And that is it in a nutshell. Not saying the law is right or wrong...but it is the law. Now if William did fall in love with a Catholic and the British government saw fit to change the law in order to make it possible for him to marry and keep the throne...that's something I can see. But honestly, changing that law at this moment....is not a priority.

Until then, I am sticking with my opinion that is will marry someone in the English artisocracy...if not get back with Kate.
Old 04-22-2007, 01:28 AM
Courtier

If it might be true that William and Kate may have hatched up a plan to leave them both alone by the intrusion of the media, they may have created more drama than they wished for. I hope they do get back together, but time will tell and if there is another for both, I wonder if I will feel the same today about them as a couple then.

Closed Thread

Tags
marriage, prince harry, prince william