Preferred Wives For William and Harry

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Playing the fantasy ... I think Prince and Princess Michael can (1) give particular pieces of those Kent jewels to Lady Gabriella as a part of her dowry, thereby returning something to the Crown collection; and (2) do what they want with the rest (e.g., leave something for Lord Frederic's wife or sell, if necessary).
I wonder what in term of their own jewels Her Majesty's daughters-in-law (late Diana, Princess of Wales; Duchess of Cornwall; Countess of Wessex) brought as a part of their dowry.

Didn´t the Duchess of Windsor give something to Princess Alexandra or one of the Kents? That would be a nice "fantasy" addition to our "fantasy" dowry.

I don't know if Prince William would want an older lady when he is old.

It is true that the official position means that the monarch and future monarchs are expected to set an example. I don't pretend to know what the Queen's personal feelings are, but certainly her official position has to be prejudiced in favor of the Anglican faith. That said, I like that Prince Charles made an attempt to change that expectation. With the diminishing of Anglican numbers, it strikes me as appropriate for the monarch to be Defender of Catholic, Jewish, Buddhist, Muslim subjects as well as the minority of Anglican subjects.

Strikes me that a King should be defender of all his people, not just the religious ones. The trouble here is that Defender of the Faith is just a title that goes with his position as Supreme Governor of the established church (or at least it will when he's king). This "defender of faiths" thing seems to be a freelance invention of his, and it's dowright insulting to those of us who don't have any religious faith.

I don't know if Prince William would want an older lady when he is old.

Social research has shown that those men who tend to prefer "older" women stay true to them, as the ladies age/gain experience in the same measurement steps as them, so this is no point that influences the relationship very much.

But there's the other extreme: men who prefer young ladies. They tend to look out for the same "model" but younger when their lady grows up next to them.

And there's a lot in-between...

Didn´t the Duchess of Windsor give something to Princess Alexandra or one of the Kents? That would be a nice "fantasy" addition to our "fantasy" dowry.

Indeed she did! She received a beautiful cabochon ruby cherries brooch that I cannot find a picture of--but it is something. I think there were some earrings as well. Apparently, Wallis wanted to give Marie-Christine a wedding gift because Prince Michael was the only one who had ever really been nice to her and the Duke--that's what I heard, anyway.

Indeed she did! She received a beautiful cabochon ruby cherries brooch that I cannot find a picture of--but it is something. I think there were some earrings as well. Apparently, Wallis wanted to give Marie-Christine a wedding gift because Prince Michael was the only one who had ever really been nice to her and the Duke--that's what I heard, anyway.

Thats right, I have read something similar as well. I also think that Marie-Christiane was told never to wear the jewels she received from the Duchess of Windsor in the presence of the Queen and the Queen Mother.

I think the Duchess of Windsor´s jewellery is a very touchy subject with the BRF.
There was so much speculation about where the stones originally came from as well, but in our fantasy dowry the rubies will looks beautiful.

I think the Duchess of Windsor´s jewellery is a very touchy subject with the BRF.
There was so much speculation about where the stones originally came from as well, but in our fantasy dowry the rubies will looks beautiful.

There might be the odd cabouchon emerald that I would quite like to see returned to the royal collection.

I wonder what in term of their own jewels Her Majesty's daughters-in-law (late Diana, Princess of Wales; Duchess of Cornwall; Countess of Wessex) brought as a part of their dowry.

I can't remember what Diana brought with her, but Camilla had a few pieces. It is diffcult to tell how much of this was actually her own inherited (some pieces clearly were), and what pieces were presents from Charles over the years.

1) Pearl choker with the large acquamarine, or acquamarine like stone
2) Pearl choker with smaller dark stone (dark amethyst?)
3) Single string of pearls
4) Diamond earrings (worn at church blessing at their wedding)
5) Diamond tiara, worn by Camilla at her wedding to APB.
6) "Daisy" diamond set, in yellow gold
7) Turquoise "set"
8) Serpent diamond necklace - rumoured to be a gift from Charles

As much as I would love to talk jewels all day with you ladies, could we get back on topic please?

Strikes me that a King should be defender of all his people, not just the religious ones. The trouble here is that Defender of the Faith is just a title that goes with his position as Supreme Governor of the established church (or at least it will when he's king). This "defender of faiths" thing seems to be a freelance invention of his, and it's dowright insulting to those of us who don't have any religious faith.
You're completely right. I can't agree more that the monarch has to represent everyone. Nevertheless, it was a nice thought of the Prince. It certainly was an invention by him, but a well-meaning one.

To the person who brought up Princess Michael's jewels: I understand she wears at least two tiaras?? I presume Gabriella would wear one of them on her wedding day??

well, as much as I like Lady Ella (I think she is a very skilled writer as well as beautiful and seems so sweet and all that) I confess my true "fantasy" wife for William at least is Jessica Craig. Sorry that my preference does not satisfy those who want a royal or at least aristocratic bride for him. :D
That said, let me now chastise myself for having the presumption to pick a bride for William. It's a horrible little game we have going here, isn't it? :whistling::devil:

It´s fantasy so we can pick whomever we like. BTW did Ella write a book? I thought it was only her mother.
Cate Blanchet (is there another te?) made a terrific Queen Elizabeth she would definitely look regal on the throne. Has anyone remarked on how like Kate Middleton Natalie Portman looks, I was quite taken aback at her in some of the scenes from The Other Boleyn Girl.

as long as they avoid cousins, I'm fine with mostly anyone.

It´s fantasy so we can pick whomever we like. BTW did Ella write a book? I thought it was only her mother.
Cate Blanchet (is there another te?) made a terrific Queen Elizabeth she would definitely look regal on the throne. Has anyone remarked on how like Kate Middleton Natalie Portman looks, I was quite taken aback at her in some of the scenes from The Other Boleyn Girl.
Yes, about the "horrible game" the good news is that William could not care less about our presumptions about him. So I guess he does not care how "naughty" we are. :cool: I haven't seen the Other Boleyn movie yet but it is in my netflix queue so it's only a matter of time. It didn't occur to me about the resemblance of NP and KM but now that you mentioned it, I will look for it when the time comes.

Oh, I forgot about your question about Ella. I do not know if she wrote a book or is writing a book. But I was talking about her articles. As far as I know she is freelance though she is a contributing editor?? for Tatler, she has written for Daily Mail and others. See ellawindsor.com

Last edited:
Thanks I will be looking at the ellawindsor site. Now who have we left for our fantasy? As a cousin once told my eldest son "all the good ones go fast" but as it is a horrible fantasy it doesn´t matter if they are free to marry or not.

Talk about naughty!!!! Married women???!!!! :ROFLMAO: :devil2:

Charlotte Casiraghi would be such a beautiful Queen of the UK but I doubt she and William would ever go for each other like that. I think she is too classy for him? Then there is the Queen thing. She's beautiful, but personally she would likely be a sulky queen consort, and as William is almost always moody, together they might be downright depressing to look at. On the other hand, with Kate, she's always smiling and he's always glum, so they kind of balance out as a couple. LOL

.... though we still do not know if Kate is still in the running.

Last edited by a moderator:
Muriel, you can´t have a real girlfriend as a fantasy! Or perhaps she is no longer the girlfriend and we can fantasize about her. I would prefer to find someone else but they are proving a bit hard to find, perhaps all the pretty girls of his age are being hidden away in their family mansions....

Charlotte would be the most perfect candidate...she adds something completely different and exotic. Although the British press was surprisingly snobby toward her that one time she was brought up in that "potential next girlfriend for William" article...they called her euro-trash!

I'm not sure I'd classify her as "euro-trash", after all, her grandfather was Prince Rainier, and unless Albert gets married and has children, her mother is the next ruler of Monaco---so....not Euro-trash.
But, while she is without question beautiful--I think that she's a touch pouty, petulant, etc.. and seems to party a lot. I think she would not be happy as a Queen and most likely would not enjoy it.

Charlotte´s out of our fantasy then, two pouty people on the throne would be too much. Has Princess Mathilde any sisters hidden away, oh dear the Act again. but then it is fantasy...

The British press seems to always take the snooty route when they talk about Grimaldis. Maybe they are somewhat jealous of all that sun and fun down in Monaco. :lol:

The British press seems to always take the snooty route when they talk about Grimaldis. :lol:
I once heard or read (many moons ago . . . . OK more like 15 to 20 years ago) that the overall attitude of European Royalty towards the BRF was somewhat chilly. This when Princess Diana was the bright and shining icon of fashion, the stuff dreams were made of, her star was in the ascent and the overall opinion of the various royal families was not favourable.

Monaco's royals were known to consider Diana (and most of the rest of the BRF) ill bred, ill educated, and unremarkable. Although one has to remember that the Grimaldis, and most of the other royal houses were and still are, multi-lingual, university educated, cosmopolitan, politically astute leaders. They also considered themselves a cut above the BRF in that their heirs were royal or noble born. Oh that they had known what lay in store for them.

Notwithstanding the above, the BRF is still ill educated and definitely not multi-lingual. That being said, an alliance between William or Harry and someone like Charlotte is unimagineable. She is a ravishing sophisticate. William and Harry most definitely are not!

There is only one problem with that theory and that is that the Monaco family are not royal. Now that Princess Caroline´s third husband is a royal then by marriage so is she and her little youngest daughter, none of the other members of the family are royal.

There is only one problem with that theory and that is that the Monaco family are not royal.
I said noble or royal. Since the Grimaldi's are the offspring of Prince Ranier, was he not royal? Is Prince Albert not a member of the royal family of Monaco?

menarue said:
Now that Princess Caroline´s third husband is a royal then by marriage so is she and her little youngest daughter.
I had noticed a distinct thawing in Princess (not royal?) Caroline. I attributed this to her husband's well known and obvious love and deep respect for his cousin Queen Elizabeth.

The simple answer to all these questions - is no, they are not royal. Rainier was not royal. There is no royal family of Monaco, there is a ruling prince. They have the style of Serene Highnesses except for Caroline who now has HRH because of her husband....
Sorry, not royal any of them.

Given the current crop of Crown Princesses, Charlotte Casiraghi will be the perfect choice. However, I agree with Marg noting that union between Prince William/Henri and her is not likely to work because of big differences in up-bringing and life experiences.

I had forgotten in this fantasy bride thread the very lovely Princess Theodora of Greece, a beautiful young lady and not that closely related.

Rumored crushes of the Princes
Cindy Crawford
Christie Brinkley
Claudia Schiffer
Tara Palmer-Tomkinson
Laura Parker Bowles Lopes
Halle Berry

Celebrities linked to the Princes by Tabloid Gossips :ohmy:
Britney Spears
Paris Hilton
Lindsay Lohan
Christina Aguilera

Rumored girlfriends or gal pals of Prince William

Zara Simmonds
Natalie Hicks Lobbecke
Tamara Vestey
Violet von Westenholz
Emilia d'Erlanger
Mary Forestier-Walker
Arabella Musgrave
Amanda Bush
Paulina Trotz (probably Catholic)
Jessica "Jecca" Craig :flowers:
Isabella Anstruther-Gough-Calthorpe
Bryony Daniels
Olivia Bleasdale
Anna Sloan

Rumored girlfriends or gal pals of Prince Harry
Emma Lippiatt
Laura Gerard Leigh :angel:
Nicola "Niki" Sturgis
Emilia d'Erlanger

Cousins matched with the Princes in tabloids or here :D
Lady Gabriella Windsor
Princess Theodora of Greece & Denmark (Greek Orthodox)
The Hon Laura Fellowes
The Hon Alexandra Knatchbull
Davina Duckworth-Chad

Rumored "contenders" :cool:
Lady Rose Alexander
Lady Edwina Grosvenor
Lady Eloise Grosvenor
Lady Mary Douglas-Home
Emily Douglas-Home (Mary's cousin)
Dr Holly Branson
Daisy Dird
Olivia Buchanan-Jardine
Violet Astor
Lady Katherine Howard (Catholic)
Lady Philippa Howard (Catholic)
Lady Sybilla Rufus-Isaacs
Lady Natasha Rufus-Isaacs
Catherine Palmer-Tomkinson
Louisa Welby-Everard
Victoria von Westenholz
Virginia "Ginny" Fraser
Lucy Meade
Clementine "Clemmie" Wellesley-Wesley
Olivia Hunt
Alice Warrender (Kate Middleton's "best mate from St Andrews"?)

Rumored "contenders" ... (until they married other people)
Lady Rosanaugh "Rosie" Innes-Ker
Lady Iona Douglas-Home (Mary's sister, Emily's cousin)
Katherine "Kat" Bearman

American Old money socialites/models
Amanda Hearst
Lauren Bush

Highly unlikely but dreamy royal/princely matches :wub:
Princess Madeleine of Sweden (Lutheran)
Charlotte Casiraghi (Catholic)
The Thurn & Taxis sisters, Princesses Maria-Theresia and Elisabeth (Catholic)
Princess Alexandra of Luxembourg (Catholic)
Scilla Ruffo di Calabria (Catholic)
Princess Maria Annunciata of Liechtenstein (Catholic)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom