The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 11-22-2006, 04:59 PM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

And I believe the Thurn und Taxis girls are catholics to, their family is anyway.

Some suggestions:

Princess Eilika of Anhalt, 21
Princess Amelia of Brazil, 22 RC
Princess Alice of Bavaria, 24 RC
Princess Phillipa of Bavaria, 25 RC
Princess Alix de Ligne, 21 RC

However, I would prefer an british aristocrat:

Hon. Alexandra Knatchbull (granddaughter of the Countess Mountbatten of Burma), 23
Lady Edwina Grosvenor (dau of the Duke of Westminster), 24
Lady Fransesca Somerset (of the Dukes of Beaufort), 21
Lady Louisa Montagu-Douglas-Scott (dau. of the future Duke of Buccleugh), 24
Lady Nicole Murray (dau of the Duke of Atholl), 19
Lady Catherine Percy (dau of the D of Northumberland), 24
Lady Marie-Louise Wellesey (dau of the future duke of Wellington), 20
Lady Alexandra Lennox (dau of the future duke of Richmond), 20
Lady Charlotte Fitzroy (dau of the future duke of Grafton) , 22
Lady Sofia Seymour (dau of the Duke of Somerset), 19

Old 11-22-2006, 05:50 PM

I think a Knatchbull match would be perfect Marengo. I do hope Wills and Harry see this list. It's about time we had a real Royal match.

Old 11-22-2006, 05:56 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrissy57
What about Princess Madelaine of Sweden?

Princess Victoria of Sweden for Harry? Then both the Swedes and Brits can have a royal marrying a royal!!
Technically speaking I think Victoria can't be in the group as she is a Crown princess. Ya?:smartass:
Old 11-22-2006, 05:59 PM

Well, William couldn't marry Victoria but Harry could. Then again, William could and we could see an Empire of Swede-Britannia.
Old 11-22-2006, 06:08 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeatrixFan
Well, William couldn't marry Victoria but Harry could. Then again, William could and we could see an Empire of Swede-Britannia.
In other words, the United Kingdom of Swedania and Northern Ireland?
If this was the age Royal matches were made, I would think Lady Alexandra Lennox is quite a suitable candidate.
Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!
Old 11-22-2006, 06:14 PM
Administrator

I have said it before and I will say again...that Princess Theodora is perfect (on paper at least) for William if we are going for "royal" partners.

Harry....I wouldn't mind if he went with someone along the lines of Lady Victoria Hervey or her sister....without the scandal or overexposure. Some "Lady" along those lines.
Old 11-22-2006, 06:16 PM

Victoria Hervey is now a bit of a gutter z-lister so she's out IMO. But you're right Zonk - Princess Theodora is perfect. She'd be a perfect Queen and imagine the wedding!
Old 11-22-2006, 06:26 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeatrixFan
Victoria Hervey is now a bit of a gutter z-lister so she's out IMO. But you're right Zonk - Princess Theodora is perfect. She'd be a perfect Queen and imagine the wedding!
Yes, I quite agree that Victoria Hervey is something else That's why I said without the scandal or overexposure....but if she was a "Normal" girl who knew how to behave herself (and wear clothes)...she might look lovely in a tiara. She is a pretty young lady...and she looks like she can handle Harry!

Oh...the wedding of William and Theodora....now that would be the Wedding of the Century!
Old 11-22-2006, 06:32 PM
Serene Highness

Some more:
Princess Caroline Napoléon, 26 RC
Princess Aglaë of Baden, 25
Princess Maria Donata zur Lippe, 24
Princess Sophie of Schleswig-Holstein, 23
Baroness Eleuthera Pernot de Breuil (Css of Mountbatten's g-dau), 20 (RC?)
Princess Leonie of Saxe-Weimar-Eisenach, 20
Maria de la Blanca de Medina y Orléans-Braganza (dau of Duque de Segorbe & Pss Maria da Gloria of Orléans-Braganza), 20 RC
Duchess Olga of Mecklenberg-Strelitz, 18
Princess Irina of Prussia, 18
Old 11-22-2006, 06:35 PM

I can imagine a courtier taking this list to Prince William; "Well Sir, this is the list the posters at The Royal Forums came up with a rather strong preference for Princess Theodora of Greece and Denmark". Those names are brilliant Benjamin - I'd just lose myself in historical romance if he announced his engagement to Baroness Eleuthera Pernot de Breuil.
Old 11-22-2006, 07:21 PM
Aristocracy

Interesting list! While I'm a bit creeped out with the inclusion of Zara, Eugenie and Beatrice as they're cousins (just my humble opinion, as I'm not trying to start the "cousins marrying" debate), the rest of the list is pretty interesting to think about.
Old 11-22-2006, 07:30 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by politikgirl
Interesting list! While I'm a bit creeped out with the inclusion of Zara, Eugenie and Beatrice as they're cousins (just my humble opinion, as I'm not trying to start the "cousins marrying" debate), the rest of the list is pretty interesting to think about.
I'm with you on this. I can't consider first cousins to be contenders, but there are lots of other interesting possibilities.
Old 11-22-2006, 07:34 PM

I don't see anything wrong with first cousins. As far as I know it's legal here and quite a few suppose it depends on society. I have a cousin who married his second cousin on his father's side (in-law side) and they seem to be happy. I suppose it's just a cultural thing.
Old 11-22-2006, 07:38 PM
Courtier

I'm intriged by this list (although I do agree on the first cousin thing, it might be ok if you never knew them but they all grew up together)

Anychance we can get more info on some of these ?

Map for the British Royals
Old 11-22-2006, 07:39 PM
Aristocracy

I do agree that it's a cultural thing. Like I said, I don't want to open the topic up for debate again, but like a lot of rules and laws are, the cousins marrying debate is very contingent on cultural norms, so I don't want to pass any judgment on it.

But there are certainly tons of interesting choices on the list you posted, BeatrixFan. I really enjoyed reading through it.
Old 11-22-2006, 10:03 PM
Administrator

What about Princess Iman or Raiyah of Jordan? Raiyah, is currently studying at Edinburgh University and Iman graduated from Sandhurst as well.
Old 11-22-2006, 10:17 PM

They're on the list. I think that Princess Iman or Princess Raiyah would be perfect for Wills or Harry.
Old 11-23-2006, 12:48 AM
Heir Apparent

Even though this is just for kicks, I just can't see them marrying their first cousin. In fact I believe that is against the law.

And who is Princess Amelia of Brazil. Wiki does not have anything on her.
Old 11-23-2006, 01:00 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empress
Even though this is just for kicks, I just can't see them marrying their first cousin. In fact I believe that is against the law.
The U.S. is one of the few countries in which it is illegal, I think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empress
And who is Princess Amelia of Brazil. Wiki does not have anything on her.
Amélia is the eldest daughter of Prince Dom Antônio of Brazil and Princess Christine of Ligne. Amélia's father is likely to become the Head of the Brazilian Imperial Family.
Old 11-23-2006, 05:23 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oppie
I'm intriged by this list (although I do agree on the first cousin thing, it might be ok if you never knew them but they all grew up together)

Anychance we can get more info on some of these ?
The problem is: while this list seems interesting to us, I bet the proud parents of all these suitable ladies have already paraded their daughters in front of the princes hoping for something to happen. I know it happened that way with the two elder princesses of Oettingen-Oettingen und Oettingen-Spielberg (both empress Maria-Theresia and queen Victoria were granddaughters of Oettingen-princesses, so the House is quite nobly enough for royality).

It's not only the members of these august Forums who are matchmaking. And I personally am convinced that part of the (male) personel of this year's diplomats course that CP Victoria of Sweden is attending at the moment was carefully selected in order to give the princess a last choice before she has to embark on marriage to her (rather uneligible) boyfriend of the last years. The princess is going to turn 30 next year - time for settling down, the clock ticks...

Surely the same happens to William - I don't believe for a moment he is not paired all the time with other suitable ladies when it comes to events he attends without Catherine.

'To dare is to lose one step for but a moment, not to dare is to lose oneself forever' - Crown Prince Frederick of Denmark in a letter to Miss Mary Donaldson as stated by them on their official engagement interview.
Closed Thread

Tags
marriage, prince harry, prince william