Preferred Wives For William and Harry

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Princess Maria Annunciata is indeed one of the unsung beauties of Royal Europe.(I think she is a Serene Highness but I could be wrong)
Yes, she's an HSH, born 1985, and will in all likelihood marry very well and to a Roman Catholic.

Were Prince William and Princess Scilla Ruffo di Calabria really an item a few years ago or was that something that was just made up by the press? Yes, I agree, Princess Scilla is very pretty.

Were Prince William and Princess Scilla Ruffo di Calabria really an item a few years ago or was that something that was just made up by the press? Yes, I agree, Princess Scilla is very pretty.

The Ruffo di Calabria are the family of Belgium's Queen Paola. I never heard that William dated one of them...the press would have gone wild!

what does the media odfUK say today, is it only about kate or do they try to find other candidates .......

Perhaps THESE are the "friends" who made such disparaging remarks about Kate around this time last year.

When the break up was announced last year and the friends came out of the woodwork with comments about Kate's mother etc, I was convinced the break up was for real and no ploy to force the paparazzi to leave her alone.

I am sure it was hurtful and embarassing to read all about her mother's chewing gum and looking for the toilet and being an ex stewardess etc etc. Some of the comments were attributed to the Queen. Anyway We will see....

The Ruffo di Calabria are the family of Belgium's Queen Paola. I never heard that William dated one of them...the press would have gone wild!

There was a rumor that he dated Scilla Ruffo di Calabria during his years at St. Andrew's. I don't know what the basis for the rumor was, but it originated I think in the Italian tabloid Novella 2000 (novella2000.it), and I believe it was in 2002 or 2003. It was probably BS, but there you have it. :)

i don't really have a person he should marry, but let me describe the type of person. William needs to marry a strong, loveable person. A lady who won't take all the crap and will charm people easily. He will need a wife to help him revive the monarchy and bring back it's popularity, beacuse the monarchy is slowly falling. They need to be a powreful couple, but filled with lots of love for each other, their children, the nation, and to God. That's the type of woman William and Britain need.

to be honest i would love to see prince william with princess madeleine of sweden...shes beautiful

But is she a nice person? Being a royal princess would give her the edge but, she is both unsuitable and unavailable. :flowers:
I have to echo the "unsuitable" question as well. Unavailable.....quite possibly. I'm not sure if she's seeing anyone, but if she is....that would take her out of the running.

As for suitability, I don't know what about her would make her unacceptable. Does she have illegitimate children? Are there substantiated reports that she's mean and cruel to people? I'm kind of curious about that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Why is she unsuitable?
Sorry Guys, I should have said "incompatable", in that she is well-educated, multi-lingual and sophisticated. William (Lord love him) is none of these, in that he tends to the military, hunting, shooting, polo, partying etc. :ermm:
Their respective resume's are polar opposites. :flowers:

I see what you mean, then. Outwardly, you'd think they would have a lot in common, both coming from the same types of lives. But when you look closely, you see just how fundamentally different they are.

As for Madeleine being multi-lingual as opposed to William, I think she has more of a need to speak many languages than he does, although it wouldn't hurt him to learn a couple. Most European royals know 3-4 languages, anyway. English, their mother tongue and then either French or some other romance language. For the Scandinavian royals, I would think they would have some basic command of the other Scandinavian languages.

Sorry Guys, I should have said "incompatable", in that she is well-educated, multi-lingual and sophisticated. William (Lord love him) is none of these, in that he tends to the military, hunting, shooting, polo, partying etc. :ermm:
Their respective resume's are polar opposites. :flowers:

Thanks marg...that does make a lot of sense. I brought up the same obstacles when someone said he'd be great with Charlotte Casiraghi. All of the above obstacles apply and the biggest one of all of course is that Charlotte is a Catholic.

According to the Daily Mail, Arabella Musgrave is newly single. Supposedly, her father thinks William still likes her (I'm not saying thats true). But I always liked her for William.

hey, im from argentina.. do i stand a chance girls? ;) lol
but theyre going out as far as i know.. the only time papparazzis bother on asking her questions is to see if shes going out with him, and she always says no.but hey, it was good publicity to get her modeling career started.

Simple answer:

I would like to see them marry someone they truly love and who truly loves them in return.

i don't really have a person he should marry, but let me describe the type of person. William needs to marry a strong, loveable person.
Strength would, indeed be helpful. It would be easy to find a "lovable" person, though, very easy, as everyone is lovable. :D

A lady who won't take all the crap and will charm people easily.
Perhaps you mean, "a lady who will take the crap with a grain of salt?"

He will need a wife to help him revive the monarchy and bring back it's popularity, beacuse the monarchy is slowly falling.
I have noticed that one of the things that seems to make The present Queen a successful monarch is her ability to stay rooted to her true self. Perhaps that is what will be required from William and his wife also? I don't know, it's only a thought.

They need to be a powreful couple, but filled with lots of love for each other, their children, the nation, and to God. That's the type of woman William and Britain need.
If they love each other's souls, unconditionally, they will automatically be a powerful couple. If they can stay rooted to themselves and what they love about each other, and let go of the ego, they will be extremely powerful as a couple.

I agree with you that these attributes and characteristics would be most helpful.

Last edited:
I would like both of them to marry , obviously, for their own personal happiness, but also to someone of worthy rank - either distant cousins descending from the UK royal house (although that's probably not a good idea since the pres would be running headlines like "Kissing Cousins" etc) or into European royalty (I don't think a French or German would go down well, but I can see a Spaniard or Scandinavian bride being accepted pretty easily, so long as she's good looking, charismatic, and speaks good English).

Wills and Harry shouldn't only set their sights on European women imo. There are other royal houses outside of Europe...

I think it would be cool to see one of them end up with an American, harry would be the most likely at this point.

Is the royal family ready for an american in the family again? :lol:

Royal houses outside Europe ...:ermm: I wonder what houses you have meant.

The Royal Houses in Asia, the Middle East and Africa...

Honestly, I very much doubt a non-Caucasian woman would ever be accepted by the Royal family, and indeed by many of British people. Especially one of Muslim heritage or dark skin.

It is possible for royal houses of the Persian Gulf or Asian Royal families to find a suitable wife nicely enhanced by a proper bloodline and hefty dowry(something that not all European Princess can bring) for Prince William or Prince Harry. At the same, I think that Velasco is absolutely correct noting that the British Royals and courtiers may not truly embrace an idea of having exotic Princesses. Hypothetically speaking, I would say that a member of the Aga Khan family might be deemed suitable: rich and European face features and skin colour.

Then that is a very sad thing..

It is indeed.

But the fact is, a huge percentage of the British public is "racist". Some are blatantly so, others not so much - for example, they would treat an Asian well in day-to-day life but would die of a heart attack if one of their own children wanted to marry a "paki". Horrible I know but that is the way alot of people are. It sounds unlikely and untrue, but at the end of the day it is just the way things are. Its not a question of money, breeding or social standing - in the UK a chav who lives in foster care on a council estate is just as discriminating of a wealthy foreigner as an upper-class Brit is of a Kosovan refugee who is coming over to (in his point of view) "steal" his jobs, and live off his money, etc etc.

In the wake of 9/11, the war on terror, bombings, etc, and all of the anti-Asian feeling generated by it in western countries, the thought of an Anglican (even if only nominally) British royal prince marrying a foreign woman of Muslim heritage is fanciful at best.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom