The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 09-10-2006, 11:35 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luv2Cruise
... yeah, isn't name calling so negative?? I'm sure Kate would agree!
OH SNAP!
I'm sure she would.

"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "
Old 09-10-2006, 11:56 PM
Commoner

What will happen if Prince William dates or marries a Catholic girl?

What will happen if Prince William dates or marries a Catholic girl? Is he even allowed to do so?

Thanks for any info!

Old 09-10-2006, 11:59 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathyMoore
What will happen if Prince William dates or marries a Catholic girl? Is he even allowed to do so?

Thanks for any info!

Under the Act of Settlement of 1701, if you marry a Catholic, you must renounce your claim to the throne. Therefore, he can't. He's the head of the CoE, he can't be married to someone who at the very least isn't Protestant.
"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "
Old 09-11-2006, 12:04 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sister Morphine
Under the Act of Settlement of 1701, if you marry a Catholic, you must renounce your claim to the throne. Therefore, he can't. He's the head of the CoE, he can't be married to someone who at the very least isn't Protestant.
Let's say Princess William dates a nice Catholic girl and
they decided to get be with each other forever... Can
she simply become a Protestant and then marry him?
(or does she have to have been born a Protestant)
Old 09-11-2006, 12:13 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathyMoore
Let's say Princess William dates a nice Catholic girl and
they decided to get be with each other forever... Can
she simply become a Protestant and then marry him?
(or does she have to have been born a Protestant)

Lots of people have converted to get married. Prince Philip did.
Old 09-11-2006, 12:27 AM
Imperial Majesty

This thread is in the wrong forum and asking a question that's already been asked in a thread in the correct forum, so I'm closing it.
Old 09-13-2006, 03:53 AM
Courtier

Quote:
I agree 100%. I haven't heard one "real" reason for disliking her; all I've been reading are petty, superficial things. I wonder if it's because they want William to be with someone like his mom....charismatic, out-going, vivacious, etc., and since Kate is not, therefore she's not good enough or right for the job.

Sometimes people who are jealous of others will at times call those others names. It tends to help build resentment of them, so every little thing from style, facial expressions, etc. can be a cause of ridicule.
Old 09-17-2006, 10:45 PM
Courtier

It is william 's choice who he will pick as his bride and who will his future wife the media/ news have ttheir own picks who will William pick as his bride. Only time will tell who will win his heart.
Old 09-18-2006, 12:01 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRH Kimetha
Sometimes people who are jealous of others will at times call those others names. It tends to help build resentment of them, so every little thing from style, facial expressions, etc. can be a cause of ridicule.
I agree. I think it just boils down to jealousy. Most of the accusations are not based on any real facts.
Old 09-18-2006, 12:12 PM

I don't think it's jealousy, it's just a dislike based on what we have avaliable to us, most of which is quite negative because it shows that Kate doesn't do much.
Old 09-19-2006, 06:26 PM
Royal Highness

it's a shame that we don't know more about her but since she is a private citizen i feel we need to respect that. she's been very good about all the fuss so far.
Old 09-19-2006, 08:04 PM
Courtier

I never really thought the relationship would last this long, so it is appropriate to say that I was wrong. I didn't like Kate from the beginning, but now, looking back, I can't seem to put a finger on why I didn't like her. Like so many other people around the world, I was comparing her to Diana, which, by the way, is wrong. Each person has his/her own personality, and so does Kate. If William loves her, then great! I wish them the best of luck in the future!
Old 09-19-2006, 08:50 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
"Jealous teeny-boppers" may not be the appropriate phrasing, but all this does remind me of junior high and we're gossiping about the head cheerleader who is dating the captain of the football team.
"Like, OMG....did you see what Kate was wearing? Ick. Who does she think she is?"
"Like I know....she's so like....quiet and stuff. I wish she was more like, I don't know....loud or something".
"For sure."
Too funny Sister Morphine - and too true!
It reminds of those "Valley Girls". When was that - back in the 80's?
"Like, OMG... for sure!" Some things never change.
Old 09-19-2006, 10:35 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeatrixFan
I don't think it's jealousy, it's just a dislike based on what we have avaliable to us, most of which is quite negative because it shows that Kate doesn't do much.
Unless you know her personally, or are privy to what she does during business hours, how can you say this with certainty?
Old 10-10-2006, 07:09 PM
Royal Highness

i'm not sure that the information we've been given is necessarily negative...it's uninformative for sure.
Old 10-10-2006, 09:29 PM

I agree with the fact that its uninformative. Moreover, its bad to get to conclusions about her personality or how she is from that. just a comment :)
Old 10-22-2006, 11:45 AM

I know Laura Parker Bowles is married and before that she and Lopes were in a forever and ever relationship but I always felt she would have been a good fit for William, despite the age difference. Since Camilla's marriage to Charles, the feeling has only become stronger on seeing more of Laura and seeing how well her mom has been executing the royal role. I bet Laura and William as a married team would have been dynamic. I know Laura is not very pretty or photogenic but I'm sure her personality, which seems so much like Camilla's would have endeared her to the public.
Old 10-22-2006, 08:06 PM
Royal Highness

Given the constant public scrutiny, one perspective is that it takes a special person who is willing to take on the role of a prospective Windsor wife. Another way to look at is that it would take someone crazy enough, and I don't mean just crazy about becoming a princess, just crazy, to even get into such a situation. And someone like Laura Parker Bowles, who seems stable and happy, may not want to date any prince even if she was available.
Old 10-22-2006, 08:50 PM
Nobility

Laura Parker Bowles is a Catholic so she is a NO-NO. Besides, they are now related as 'step' siblings. Moreover, she is now happily married. So let's not speculate on the impossible.
Kate Middleton seems very stable and happy and is shaping up to be an acceptable and popular choice right now.
Old 10-22-2006, 10:14 PM
Royal Highness

This thread is based on speculation.

Closed Thread

Tags
marriage, prince harry, prince william