The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 09-04-2006, 08:01 PM

Quote:
I'm sorry, but this is a very ignorant statement.
I'm a very ignorant person.

Quote:
They're not going anywhere. They'll be King and Queen and the good people of Great Britain will line the streets to see them marry and to see William's coronation.
Oh and you're sure of that are you? Monarchy no longer has the spiritual or emotional attachment it once did. Now it's about affection for celebrity. If the public don't feel that affection, they're in trouble. The political landscape doesn't look good for William's reign. You're being very romantic and how lovely it would be if William married Kate and we all took to her overnight. But I doubt that's going to happen. The good people of Great Britain are changing.

Old 09-04-2006, 08:01 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeatrixFan
It isn't as simple as that. WE have to accept her. WE the British people. She isn't going to be a normal house wife. She's going to be a Queen. She's going to represent us. And that's a huge role to take and she needs our acceptance to perform that role.
If throwing bread rolls at a Duchess in the grocery story is acceptance, then okay!!

Old 09-04-2006, 08:02 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
And if she's teamed with William, who is boring, it becomes a very dull pairing and bad times linger round the corner.

You can't know that. There must be something about her he loves, or else he wouldn't be with her. She may appear boring to you, but that's just to you. Perhaps she has another fun, more carefree side that William and their friends get to see. She's a young woman, there's time for her to mature and grow into the role she may be playing in the future. When I was 19-21 I behaved quite differently than I do now. I grew up and changed my attitude and outlook on things. There's no reason to think that she won't do the same.
"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "
Old 09-04-2006, 08:02 PM

Quote:
If throwing bread rolls at a Duchess in the grocery story is acceptance, then okay!!
Any other ancient history you want to drag up? She wasn't a Duchess then. She's a Princess now.
Old 09-04-2006, 08:06 PM
Nobility

Quote:
I'm a very ignorant person.
Oh I wouldn't say that. You just have a bad feeling about this girl the same way I had a bad feeling about one of my leaders. Let's just hope that Kate or no Kate William's reign will turn out a little differently.
Old 09-04-2006, 08:07 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Any other ancient history you want to drag up? She wasn't a Duchess then. She's a Princess now.
Thank you for making a great point. Just as Kate is not a Princess/Queen consort now, she's a P-R-I-V-A-T-E C-I-T-I-Z-E-N.
Old 09-04-2006, 08:09 PM

If she's costing us money, she aint a P-R-I-V-A-T-E C-I-T-I-Z-E-N.
Old 09-04-2006, 08:09 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sister Morphine
You know, you can't say you're in love until you've been with the person for 4+ years?
Well by definition they must be in love since they met in what...2001? And I believe William probably had an eye for her even back then. It's now 2006...and counting.
Old 09-04-2006, 08:11 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:

Until she marries William, she's a private citizen in that she's not a member of the RF. Whether or not he or the family spends money on her doesn't change her status in society.
"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "
Old 09-04-2006, 08:12 PM
Nobility

Quote:
She's costing her P-A-R-E-N-T-S money. And maybe her future father-in-law some jack for the guards. Unless you can show me the line item on the civil list or whatever list that has Kate Middleton's name and a figure next to it....Waiting...
Old 09-04-2006, 08:13 PM
Administrator

In the absence of a British moderator...let's all play nice.
Old 09-04-2006, 08:14 PM

Ahem - William wanted security for her. She gets police officers following her. She stays at Clarence House. She eats the food there. She makes work for the staff there. She might not be down on that Civil List but when she has a meal with Wills at Clarence House, that costs the tax payer money, however minute a sum it might be.
Old 09-04-2006, 08:15 PM
Nobility

Yes Upper Marlboro. It is such a small world.
Old 09-04-2006, 08:17 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Ahem - William wanted security for her. She gets police officers following her. She stays at Clarence House. She eats the food there. She makes work for the staff there. She might not be down on that Civil List but when she has a meal with Wills at Clarence House, that costs the tax payer money, however minute a sum it might be.
He's probably eating more meals with her on weekends -- away from stuffy old Clarence House. Otherwise, he's eating at Sandhurst. Without her. You're stretching.
Old 09-04-2006, 08:18 PM

Not at all. It's a well reported fact that she spends time at Clarence House. Unless she pays a bill when she leaves, it's the tax payer picking up that bill and if we're paying for her, I think we have a right to criticise her.
Old 09-04-2006, 08:18 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luv2Cruise
Yes Upper Marlboro. It is such a small world.
Just wait until Elspeth gets on and starting deleting stuff. She's in the area as well!
Old 09-04-2006, 08:19 PM
Nobility

You can criticize her until the cows come home. How much good it does is debatable -- her being a fixture in William's life right now is not.
Old 09-04-2006, 08:20 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonk1189
Just wait until Elspeth gets on and starting deleting stuff. She's in the area as well!
Amazing. Go Skins???
Old 09-04-2006, 08:20 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:

This doesn't mean she's not a private citizen, though. I would expect her to eat food at his home when she's there....unless he's the cheap boyfriend type and makes her eat fish and chips from a take out place while they're eating on the fine china. And how much work for the staff can one person make? Is she sitting on a chaise lounge ordering people about to get her things while someone fans her?

And the security issue.....William obviously loves her and wants her to be safe; she is dating the future King. So he has security for her......that's sweet.
Old 09-04-2006, 08:21 PM

Right. Ok. I won't post my opinion. It's apparantly not wanted. Would this better?

Oh yeah, Kate is soooo pretty, I think she's so lovely. She's going to be a great Queen Consort. An English Rose. A Goddess. Our saviour. Oh how wonderful she is.

Tags
marriage, prince harry, prince william