Preferred Wives For William and Harry

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Since I see a list of cousins as bride potentials for Prince Williams, I'm surprise Lady Gabrielle is not on the list. I personally wouldn't be in support of the cousin thing, but this is a common thing in the history royal houses anyways.

Missyjojo88 said:
Since I see a list of cousins as bride potentials for Prince Williams, I'm surprise Lady Gabrielle is not on the list. I personally wouldn't be in support of the cousin thing, but this is a common thing in the history royal houses anyways.
Cousins yes, but not that close...

King George V > Duke of Kent > Prince Michael > Lady Gabriella
King George V > George VI > Elizabeth II > Charles > William

Well, not that close, but there's the relationship between Princess Marina and Prince Philip as well as the descent through George V and Queen Mary.

Skydragon said:
The famous commoner, Elizabeth Bowes-Lyon certainly put a positive spin on the Royal family. :)

Commoner only in the British sense of the word, while in the Germanic countries as well as France the daughter of an aristocrat is an aristocrat herself. Thus, Lady Elizabeth would be considered in most countries as being an aristocrat. Same for Lady Diana Spencer. I guess we have yet to see a real commoner on the throne (Camilla Shand comes to mind who is only the daughter of an aristocrat in the continental sense, as her grandfather was a Baron).

Elspeth said:
Well, not that close, but there's the relationship between Princess Marina and Prince Philip as well as the descent through George V and Queen Mary.
... which is the perfect lead-in for:

King George I of Greece > Nicholas > Marina > Michael > Gabriella
King George I of Greece > Andrew > Philip > Charles > William

In this line of descent Prince William and Lady Gabriella Windsor are generational equals, both being great-great grandchildren of George I of Greece.

Through George V of the UK they are second cousins, once removed, and through George I of Greece they are third cousins. Messy, maybe, but I don't think they are legally too closely related to marry if they were of a mind to, though of course Princess M's gloating would be a bit off-putting.

Princess M as mother to the Queen would be brilliant. Her influence over William would save the monarchy. Princess Michael knows just how to do things.

BeatrixFan said:
Princess M as mother to the Queen would be brilliant. Her influence over William would save the monarchy. Princess Michael knows just how to do things.

Well, she did impress Frederick Forsyth. In his book "Icon" he elevates her birth rank to "countess" and even makes her the empress of all Russians....:ROFLMAO:

I must confess, I do think she's absolutely brilliant. I can just imagine her in her role as "Queen Consort Mother". We'd see the full extent of the Royal Vaults then!

I'm loving Princess Charlotte of Monaco (I'm not sure if that's the proper way to style her so my apologies in advance) for Prince Harry. I think they would make a lovely couple and have really beautiful babies. Anyone else agree?

Vita said:
I'm loving Princess Charlotte of Monaco... for Prince Harry. I think they would make a lovely couple and have really beautiful babies. Anyone else agree?
Quite a few, Vita. By my count there are close to 50 posts in this thread discussing Charlotte Casiraghi as a suitable (or unsuitable) match for young Harry. :)

BeatrixFan said:
I must confess, I do think she's absolutely brilliant. I can just imagine her in her role as "Queen Consort Mother". We'd see the full extent of the Royal Vaults then!

Well, I think her sharp tongue will embarrase her son-in-law more then once. Remember the remark 'go back to the colonies'? Or her russian lover? Furthermore I fail to see from what the British monarchy has to be saved, as they seem to be back on track after the horrid 90-ties.
But indeed, even dispite Princess Michael I think that Lady Gabriella would be a lovely wife for William, though Theodora is still my number one.

Vita said:
I'm loving Princess Charlotte of Monaco (I'm not sure if that's the proper way to style her so my apologies in advance) for Prince Harry. I think they would make a lovely couple and have really beautiful babies. Anyone else agree?

I would love that! But I don't think they've ever even met. :sad: I would love to see a picture of them together.

I'd like to see Prince William marry Princess Madeliene of Sweden and Prince Harry marry Charlotte Casiraghi.

Well there's common and then there's common. The super wealthy in Europe are raised in much the same way as the royals and nobility that if Prince William were to marry a girl like that it wouldn't be much of a stretch to imagine. Besides, haven't we had enough of the in-breeding?

christinacg said:
I would love that! But I don't think they've ever even met. :sad: I would love to see a picture of them together.

Actually it would make me happy to see William marry Charlotte rather than Harry. She would certainly give some much needed modern elegance to the BRF and make a gorgeous Queen. I think Madeleine would be good to tame Harry. I get the feeling Madeleine might have a strength that belies her fashionable appearance.

afro1920 said:
Actually it would make me happy to see William marry Charlotte rather than Harry. She would certainly give some much needed modern elegance to the BRF and make a gorgeous Queen. I think Madeleine would be good to tame Harry. I get the feeling Madeleine might have a strength that belies her fashionable appearance.

True, but I just love Kate. She seems appropriate and fresh. And since Wills is involved with her I don't feel right speculating about other chicks for him. LOL. But what the heck...I like Madeline. A Swedish princess cum English Rose would be kind of cool.

<sigh>if only my daughter had been born about 16 years earlier. she's a princess.

Duchess said:
<sigh>if only my daughter had been born about 16 years earlier. she's a princess.

:lol: Mine are all older, (perhaps he might like an older woman), no.... I wouldn't want the envy we see, directed at them, anyway they don't 'fancy' him! :ROFLMAO:

I don't fancy him but I'd go along with it for the tiara.

Wouldn't it cause some kind of crisis for William or maybe even Harry to marry Charlotte Casaraghi? I thought heirs to the British Throne couldn't marry someone of the Catholic faith without having to give up the their right to the throne.?
I think Kate Middleton seems like a great choice myself.

Yes, if either William or Harry married a Catholic, it would mean stepping out of the line of succession. Not sure if they'd have to be a Catholic at the time of the wedding for that to be the case or to have been baptised Catholic regardless of what they did about their religion in the meantime.

Elspeth said:
Yes, if either William or Harry married a Catholic, it would mean stepping out of the line of succession. Not sure if they'd have to be a Catholic at the time of the wedding for that to be the case or to have been baptised Catholic regardless of what they did about their religion in the meantime.
Thanks :flowers: that's what I thought. I did also wonder if Charlotte(just for an example) left the Catholic church in favor or The Church of England if then it would not affect the line of succession.In Charlotte's case it's all accedemic I hink since I don't see her marrying William or Harry.

I would imagine we will see the end of the monarch as head of the C of E with Prince Charles, and after that the "Catholic bar" could be safely removed.

Penny Lane said:
I did also wonder if Charlotte(just for an example) left the Catholic church in favor or The Church of England if then it would not affect the line of succession.
The Act of Settlement states "or shall marry a papist" as a bar to inheriting the Crown. So if the intended spouse converted from Roman Catholicism the day before the wedding, it would be acceptable under the law.

Warren said:
The Act of Settlement states "or shall marry a papist" as a bar to inheriting the Crown. So if the intended spouse converted from Roman Catholicism the day before the wedding, it would be acceptable under the law.
Thanks I wondered if it would mak a difference or not sometimes such late connversions are suspected but if it was clealy staed otherwise I guess that would settle the matter.

If I had my way, I'd have William marry Madeleine. Just because I'd love to see a marriage between blood royals of two foreign houses. When was the last time that even happened? That and Queen Madeleine just sounds perfect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom