The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 08-31-2006, 06:41 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimebear
Charlotte is Catholic remember. It's a non-starter.
Charlotte should definately marry one of the Luxembourg princes, preferably Guillaume or his younger brother Felix.

Old 08-31-2006, 07:55 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laviollette
Charlotte should definately marry one of the Luxembourg princes, preferably Guillaume or his younger brother Felix.

Sigh... that slipped my mind ! Darn it! Hmm, are there any other princesses or higher ranking nobility that are brunette, and not catholic. What about one of the German princesses/duchesses/etc? I know that technically their countries do not recognize them, but hey, they still have noble blood...

Just a question before I go digging into all of this... I should know this, but. Are all of the Habsburgs catholic?

Old 08-31-2006, 11:01 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeatrixFan
It's Brenda's interests I have at heart. It's rather like replacing champagne with domestos.
There were complaints that Princess Diana was too popular for Prince Charles and now in this thread people are accusing Kate of being 'bland', 'quiet', 'boring' etc.
I think we cannot have it both ways. Whilst some of us would be beside ourselves with delight at a William, Madelaine alliance.... the reality is, Prince William is very much attached to Kate.
Old 08-31-2006, 11:28 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOSSEAN
Whilst some of us would be beside ourselves with delight at a William, Madelaine alliance.
And from what I know (I'm not really knowledgeable on the subject so could be mistaken), William has not had much to do, if anything at all, with Princess Madeleine so any marriage would seem orchestrated and all-round weird

I hope Kate is the one for William
Old 09-01-2006, 09:04 AM

Brenda ; In "The World of Stanley Baxter", a female impersonator, he did a brilliant impression of the Queen but couldn't say who it was. He found out that at the Palace, the staff all refer to the Queen as Brenda, so S.B's character became, "The Duchess of Brenda". I've called her Brenda ever since and it makes me chuckle every time.
Old 09-03-2006, 09:29 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empress
Sigh... that slipped my mind ! Darn it! Hmm, are there any other princesses or higher ranking nobility that are brunette, and not catholic. What about one of the German princesses/duchesses/etc? I know that technically their countries do not recognize them, but hey, they still have noble blood...
You need not fear - the German aristocrazy probably parades their daughters around the princes whenever possible. I live in a small German village called Oettingen (www.oettingen.de) - we still have the princely family in residence here. I recall that two years ago prince Harry was invited for the hunt by the prince. As the hereditary prince had been a fellow Etonian of prince Harry, Harry came. One evening the prince hosted a party which of course his two elder daughters attended. Only princess Nora (she was only 14 then) did not attend, but she later told friends that her sisters and she had had a good laugh about the fact that their parents really hoped one of the older two would find favour with prince Harry!

I guess that's the way it works - it's not that the princes don't meet the German princesses, it's that they don't want them or that the princesses are not as interested as their parents and relatives.
'To dare is to lose one step for but a moment, not to dare is to lose oneself forever' - Crown Prince Frederick of Denmark in a letter to Miss Mary Donaldson as stated by them on their official engagement interview.
Old 09-03-2006, 10:21 AM

I don't think a German marriage would go down well sadly.
Old 09-03-2006, 10:23 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOSSEAN
the reality is, Prince William is very much attached to Kate.
The truth hurts!! But the truth is the light!!

The short answer is he's already found the person he wants to be with. And I'd pretty much bet the ranch they'll end up husband and wife WITHIN 5 years.
Old 09-03-2006, 06:09 PM
Nobility

Nay, it doesn't hurt. It's called acceptance. But allow me to say, "Anything can happen....(in five years)"
Old 09-03-2006, 07:45 PM
Nobility

But it probably won't.
Old 09-03-2006, 07:56 PM
Heir Presumptive

William is not going to marry Princess Madeleine or some other foreign noble. He will marry an English girl.
Old 09-03-2006, 08:06 PM

We don't know that yet. We'll only know when the rings are on the fingers. It's interesting that people seem to be saying, "He'll marry Kate, get used to it" - if we don't like her, that's a problem. If the British people say, "No, this girl doesn't push the buttons", then it won't be a successful marriage. We're stuck with William but Kate is optional. She's an accessory. William has to listen to us before he takes those vows.
Old 09-03-2006, 08:28 PM
Courtier

Quote:
We don't know that yet. We'll only know when the rings are on the fingers. It's interesting that people seem to be saying, "He'll marry Kate, get used to it" - if we don't like her, that's a problem. If the British people say, "No, this girl doesn't push the buttons", then it won't be a successful marriage. We're stuck with William but Kate is optional. She's an accessory. William has to listen to us before he takes those vows.
I am just wondering, you obviously see a lot of Kate in the UK? Very little is seen or known of her in Aust (only what we read in the tabloids, say no more) so it is hard to say whether she would be suitable for William or not. What is about her that is so unlikeable?
Old 09-03-2006, 08:42 PM

Well, for one, she doesn't seem to smile. From the impression she gives (and she could be totally the opposite) she seems to be a hard-hearted Hannah who sulks and is generally a bit of a prima donna, flicking her hair and flashing her assets. Now I couldn't grow to like that - I once waited 3 weeks for a sty to go away, but it's the effect she has on William, making him look a simpering wally that bugs me. I mean, Chelsy Davy isn't exactly good either but she's got spark and paired with Harry, they're quite racy. But Kate and William - two statues. They can stand and look fairly pretty but faced with Kate and William or the corpses of Fred and Ginger as dinner guests, I'd go with the departed dancers any day.
Old 09-03-2006, 08:51 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Well, for one, she doesn't seem to smile. For the impression she gives (and she could be totally the opposite) she seems to be a hard-hearted Hannah who sulks and is generally a bit of a prima donna, flicking her hair and flashing her assets. Now I couldn't grow to like that - I once waited 3 weeks for a sty to go away. But it's the effect she has on William, making him look a simpering wally that bugs me. I mean, Chelsy Davy isn't exactly good either but she's got spark and paired with Harry, they're quite racy. But Kate and William - two statues. They can stand and look fairly pretty but faced with Kate and William or the corpses of Fred and Ginger as dinner guests, I'd go with the departed dancers any day.
That's just how I feel about Camilla, (no disrespect to Camilla fans) so I understand your opinion. Hopefully, as he is still quite young, things will change.
Old 09-03-2006, 08:53 PM

Well, I like Camilla. She's got style IMO but Kate has no style. She's just beige. There's no colour there. I'm not nitty Nora the aura explorer but I don't get any readings of an interesting story there at all.
Old 09-03-2006, 09:19 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Well, I like Camilla. She's got style IMO but Kate has no style. She's just beige. There's no colour there. I'm not nitty Nora the aura explorer but I don't get any readings of an interesting story there at all.
I want to keep replying just to read some more of your responses they are funny, but, I my day is just starting and I have to get on. Happy posting.
Old 09-03-2006, 09:39 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Well, for one, she doesn't seem to smile. From the impression she gives (and she could be totally the opposite) she seems to be a hard-hearted Hannah who sulks and is generally a bit of a prima donna, flicking her hair and flashing her assets. Now I couldn't grow to like that - I once waited 3 weeks for a sty to go away, but it's the effect she has on William, making him look a simpering wally that bugs me. I mean, Chelsy Davy isn't exactly good either but she's got spark and paired with Harry, they're quite racy. But Kate and William - two statues. They can stand and look fairly pretty but faced with Kate and William or the corpses of Fred and Ginger as dinner guests, I'd go with the departed dancers any day.
Hi Beatrixfan,

You are one of a few in this forum that I have noticed to write with such humour and really, it does make me giggle. Your sharp and witty (sometimes a little too much info) comments bring a breeze of laughter through the threads. Much like Thomas Parkman, who, if you mention the word sapphire or diamond, is sure to let his witty humour flow.

To echo what crisscross said there's not much known about Kate in Australia apart from the women's magazines where they may have half a page on her and William.

From what I have seen (keeping in mind limited exposure) she seems to be a very discreet young woman, very pretty to look at and seems genuinely in love with William and visa versa.
Old 09-03-2006, 09:45 PM

You really are too kind. All this luvvie business is going to make this board camper than it already is. (But thankyou)
Old 09-03-2006, 11:00 PM
Aristocracy

I have to agree with BeatrixFan here. Something about Kate Middleton does not sit right with me.

She seems like a very ordinary girl trying much too hard; The stories of her having a stylist, etc reinforce that impression. I had always hoped that William would find an exceptional, charismatic woman. This does not preclude a "commoner" ( as his mother was a technically one as was the Queen Mother), but I feel rather let down. I feel like William must get it right the first time if the Monarchy is going to survive into the 21st century. In my way of thinking: if Kate is so ordinary, then William must be ordinary so why continue a Monarchy that is peopled with folks just like us? True ,they must be relevant but also extraordinary at the same time.

Perhaps Kate Middleton is a work in progress and is a blank canvas just waiting to burst forth; I just wish she would show some of that potential now if she is the "one." For all her education, she still seems like a throwback to earlier generations that produced only debutantes waiting for their main chance in the marriage stakes. Like those debs, we only see her standing around at polo and going to parties, clubs etc. Actually our society and expectations should be way past that now.

I would actually like to see him pursue someone of Masako of Japan's or Letizia of Spain's caliber; someone with a purpose in life which exists whether or not the Royal romance works out.

Caroline Mathilda

Tags
marriage, prince harry, prince william