The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 08-30-2006, 07:05 PM

Well I don't. You could be right, he could just be ignoring her suggestions to actually do something interesting but then again, how can one block of wood give advice to another block of wood?

Old 08-30-2006, 08:40 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeatrixFan
Well I don't. You could be right, he could just be ignoring her suggestions to actually do something interesting but then again, how can one block of wood give advice to another block of wood?
Very carefully, you just have to remember to avoid the splinters!

Old 08-30-2006, 10:40 PM
Heir Apparent

I think blocks of wood are under-rated.
Old 08-30-2006, 11:02 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
"Your Royal Highness, Your girlfriend's lack of smiling muscles deeply troubles me. Wouldn't Your Royal Highness prefer Princess Madeleine of Sweden who, despite being fond of the tanning booth, has a much finer pedigree than your current gal? Just a suggestion of course and I know it's not like Your Royal Highness to do anything spontaneous but if you could replace Miss Middleton, I'd be very grateful, for when you are together, you appear to be a pair of imitation Staffordshire dogs - fairly pretty but inside it's all rather hollow and boring.

I remain Sir, Your ever frustrated servant,"
Do let us know what he says, won't you?
Old 08-31-2006, 01:43 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by katie1001
Its not really fair to compair William and Harry to the siblings of Sweden and Luxemburg. William and Harry are the grandchildern of the sovereign, the others are the childern the sovereign. Each has different roles and the current childern of the English sovereign are Charles, Anne, Andrew and Edward. Please compair equals. But I will agree with you that getting drunk the night before a very important event is a really dumb idea.
I was thinking more of the age group when I did the comparison. You are right. Their current positions relative to the sovereign is different.
But it was because I was so impressed with those princes and princesseses - even by one as young as Princess Alexandra of Luxembourg. Now, she would have been a good choice too for Prince William, had she not been too young and a Roman Catholic.
Old 08-31-2006, 03:07 PM
Courtier

For all the fans of Princess Madeleine as William's future wife: he seems to prefer brunettes like Arabella Musgrove and Kate Middleton types. It doesn't mean he's never dated a blonde or can't fall in love with one but there is a pattern here.

I do admit Wills and Mad would be a match made in tabloid heaven but William seems too quiet of a person to want that kind of life. And Madeleine was literally run out of Britain by the tabloids when she studied English for 3 months there. She doesn't seem to like that kind of caos either and that's what it would be if they started dating and eventually married. But like I said, the press and the public would go totally mad!
Old 08-31-2006, 04:10 PM

But William can't have a quiet life. He's going to be a King, the most watched man in the country - how can he possibly have a quiet life?
Old 08-31-2006, 04:13 PM
Imperial Majesty

Well, if the Duke of Gloucester were king, he'd have a quieter life than Prince Michael would if he were king, because their respective wives have different attitudes toward publicity and different levels of interest to the press and public. If William marries someone beautiful and glamorous and with a high profile, he's likely to attract much more media attention toward his private life than if he marries someone low-key.
Old 08-31-2006, 04:17 PM

I understand that I just don't get these claims of "He wants a quiet life". His role is not a quiet one. The more and more I see of this boy, I can see the end for the House of Windsor.
Old 08-31-2006, 04:19 PM
Imperial Majesty

Well, maybe what they mean is that he wants a quiet private life. With a high-profile public life, he might well want his private life to be more of an oasis than a circus.
Old 08-31-2006, 04:20 PM

In short, he wants to be boring. How wonderful...
Old 08-31-2006, 04:46 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
"Your Royal Highness, Your girlfriend's lack of smiling muscles deeply troubles me. Wouldn't Your Royal Highness prefer Princess Madeleine of Sweden who, despite being fond of the tanning booth, has a much finer pedigree than your current gal? Just a suggestion of course and I know it's not like Your Royal Highness to do anything spontaneous but if you could replace Miss Middleton, I'd be very grateful, for when you are together, you appear to be a pair of imitation Staffordshire dogs - fairly pretty but inside it's all rather hollow and boring.

I remain Sir, Your ever frustrated servant,"
Did you send it off yet?
Madde & Wills, how nice would that be?! I think the royal forums would explode if something of the matter would happen...
Old 08-31-2006, 04:50 PM

I haven't sent it yet Maxie. I wouldn't want to burden William down , what with his important work with the Rugby Association and all. Every day must be sheer hell.
Old 08-31-2006, 05:00 PM
Imperial Majesty

Well, I'm sure your letter will do a lot to lighten it up for him. After all, he'll know that one of his granny's loyal subjects has his interests at heart.
Old 08-31-2006, 05:02 PM

It's Brenda's interests I have at heart. It's rather like replacing champagne with domestos.
Old 08-31-2006, 05:28 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
It's Brenda's interests I have at heart. It's rather like replacing champagne with domestos.
Who's Brenda?
'To dare is to lose one step for but a moment, not to dare is to lose oneself forever' - Crown Prince Frederick of Denmark in a letter to Miss Mary Donaldson as stated by them on their official engagement interview.
Old 08-31-2006, 05:46 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laviollette
For all the fans of Princess Madeleine as William's future wife: he seems to prefer brunettes like Arabella Musgrove and Kate Middleton types. It doesn't mean he's never dated a blonde or can't fall in love with one but there is a pattern here.
WELL........ If he prefers brunettes, I can think of a stunning one with a royal pedigree... although not nearly as illustrious as Williams of course..

What would you all think about Charlotte Casiraghi?

Now imagine what beautiful little babies THEY would make!
Old 08-31-2006, 05:46 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo of Palatine
Who's Brenda?
It's the nickname given the Queen by the satirical magazine Private Eye

Other "soap opera" nicknames given the Royals by Private Eye
"Keith", The Duke of Edinburgh
"Yvonne", Princess Margaret
"Brian" , The Prince of Wales
"Cheryl", Diana, Princess of Wales
Old 08-31-2006, 06:14 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empress
WELL........ If he prefers brunettes, I can think of a stunning one with a royal pedigree... although not nearly as illustrious as Williams of course..

What would you all think about Charlotte Casiraghi?

Now imagine what beautiful little babies THEY would make!
Charlotte is Catholic remember. It's a non-starter.
Old 08-31-2006, 06:38 PM
Nobility

I think that even if Prince William doesn't marry Kate, he will probably choose someone (a brunette )who's just as quiet and low-key as Kate.
That type of person seems to suit him, he seems to prefer very little drama in his private life. Can't blame him for that, and maybe if he chooses the person that suits him best, he will have the emotional support to develop into a very productive member of the RF.
One thing we should consider is that so far there haven't been any negative reactions from his family regarding his current gf, so possibly she has official approval.

Closed Thread

Tags
marriage, prince harry, prince william