Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon
Some people call it being in love!
My thoughts exactly Skydragon! I just didn't want to seem too mushy

Old 08-30-2006, 11:29 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyaR
I do agree with what Branchg said, though:IMO that makes sense, maintaining a blank face would give the media less emotion to speculate about and fewer clues to what you're really thinking. It probably allows her to keep her thoughts a little more private while being photographed.
It's very easy to understand how the media works when it comes to celebrities and/or royality. If they have pictures but no story, they will invent a story which fits the pictures. If they haven't pictures they won't print the story apart from the big exclusive which consist of 100% secure info.
If they have an amount of pictures, they'll invent a big story, if they have only few or no pictures, they won't report. That's basically the most important thing all PR professionals have to know: the media wants pictures more than a story.

That's why, at least IMHO, PR-professional Mary Donaldson was so sucessful on dealing with the media. She didn't want any publicity so she saw to it that the media got only "bland pictures of her, that didn't tell any story at all and that could only be used to illustrate an invented story if this story was positive.

As for Kate: if Kate wants to finally win and marry the prince she must make sure that only one continuing story is being printed: the story of Cinderella with her as pure, nice, lovable Cindy. She does not want to be overly prominent and she does not want to become the focus of jealeousy. Her big advantage with the media is that she is the incarnation of "Miss-next-door", advertising the idea that anyone can get the prince, which is thoroughly modern myth and a big seller in the world of romance novel. of course the media loves this story! Because the female readers love this story.

But Kate must be perfect: so no pics which can be used to create bad, bad stories. No real bad, bad story that is provable. Not too many pics of her apart from when she is together with the prince.

Bland, boring, sucessful.... Beatrixfan, Kate has her own agenda - she can't have an interest in amusing "the likes of you" (really, no affront intended! ), her interest lies in conveying to the British public that she is the best choice as future Princess William of Wales. So far, she is quite sucessful with this task....

'To dare is to lose one step for but a moment, not to dare is to lose oneself forever' - Crown Prince Frederick of Denmark in a letter to Miss Mary Donaldson as stated by them on their official engagement interview.
Old 08-30-2006, 11:34 AM

If she's going to be my future Queen then she better start amusing the likes of me. And as for all this love rubbish, love's all very well and good but William should both remember country before bedtime.
Old 08-30-2006, 11:49 AM
Commoner

BeatrixFan - does our present Queen amuse you? Just wondering if you expect the same out of HRM as you do of Kate.
Old 08-30-2006, 12:03 PM

The present Queen has my deep loyalty, love and affection and she can't put a foot wrong. She amuses me because she's interesting. She's a lady of great wit, talent and she is Britain. She is the most amazing woman in the entire world and I adore her. I can't ever see Kate getting that reaction from me or anyone else for the matter.
Old 08-30-2006, 12:14 PM
Commoner

I'll agree with you on this one BeatrixFan, there is just something about our Queen that I love. Though I will say that she is The Commonwealth (not just Britain!) (have to include us Canadians in there!).
I don't think that anyone could ever live up to her. Perhaps the future Queen will eventually grow into her role but she'll never be HRM Queen Elizabeth!
Old 08-30-2006, 12:19 PM

No and I think it would be unfair for me to expect Kate to be like the Queen but she's got to inspire a similar loyalty and I find it hard to see how they're going to make Kate acceptable as a future Queen if indeed that's what she's aiming to be or if it's what William wants her to be. She'll need alot of work - Princess Madeleine wouldn't need any work - why haven't these two been introduced at a wedding?
Old 08-30-2006, 12:22 PM
Commoner

Again - I agree! I think Princess Madeline would be perfect. She's beautiful, edcuated and seems better suited. How old is she?
Old 08-30-2006, 12:25 PM

She was born in 1982 - the same as William. She's stunningly beautiful, she's got the breeding, she knows exactly what's required of her, she's used to Royal life, she's well educated, she's European, she's modern but she knows the do's and don'ts of Royal life - she's more than perfect. She's the one. King William V and Queen Madeleine gives a far nicer image than King William V and Queen Kate. Now how to make him see....
Old 08-30-2006, 01:02 PM
Administrator

While I have no complaints about Kate (I doubt they will every marry)...I must admit..that Madeline pairing would be awesome. Hopefully, he will get her away from the sun....she is going to age quickly.

Problem is...I don't think they have ever met? If we had some weddings coming up maybe. But I don't think any are on the horizon. Now maybe if Prince Nikolas of Greece got married...they could meet there.
Old 08-30-2006, 01:23 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeatrixFan
She was born in 1982 - the same as William. She's stunningly beautiful, she's got the breeding, she knows exactly what's required of her, she's used to Royal life, she's well educated, she's European, she's modern but she knows the do's and don'ts of Royal life - she's more than perfect. She's the one. King William V and Queen Madeleine gives a far nicer image than King William V and Queen Kate. Now how to make him see....
Just write him a little letter.

See if you get as nice a response as the one you got from Camilla.
Old 08-30-2006, 01:26 PM
Nobility

i agree . king william V and queen madeline of sweden would be good.
Old 08-30-2006, 01:32 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess_Nessy
BeatrixFan - does our present Queen amuse you? Just wondering if you expect the same out of HRM as you do of Kate.
Why is everyone comparing her to the Queen, like Philip she will just be in the supporting role. People seem to be making judgements about William and Kate when the only things they know about them, is what the papers have published but, of course some of us have seen this before, with the attacks on Charles and Camilla.
Old 08-30-2006, 01:40 PM

Quote:
See if you get as nice a response as the one you got from Camilla.
"Your Royal Highness, Your girlfriend's lack of smiling muscles deeply troubles me. Wouldn't Your Royal Highness prefer Princess Madeleine of Sweden who, despite being fond of the tanning booth, has a much finer pedigree than your current gal? Just a suggestion of course and I know it's not like Your Royal Highness to do anything spontaneous but if you could replace Miss Middleton, I'd be very grateful, for when you are together, you appear to be a pair of imitation Staffordshire dogs - fairly pretty but inside it's all rather hollow and boring.

I remain Sir, Your ever frustrated servant,"
Old 08-30-2006, 02:34 PM
Commoner

Perfect! Send it off! Ha ha...
Old 08-30-2006, 03:30 PM
Imperial Majesty

Off with his head!
Old 08-30-2006, 03:52 PM
Courtier

perfect!!!!!! yes, yes, send it! hilarious!!!!
Old 08-30-2006, 04:50 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
AAAAHHHHHMMMMM... a lot of princesses met William and they all had their chance. Neither Madeleine (who is the daughter of a commoner-turned queen Silvia) nor Theodora of Greece managed to inflame the heart of this prince... leave it at this!

He obviously is happy at the moment. A break-up - even for the best of dynastic reasons - would mean wounds and hurt. Hey, the boy was born into this role. If he is happy with this girl - why ever not? So far you have no real reason to oppose her.... (Apart from your boredom - but you're not asked to marry her, or are you? LOL)
'To dare is to lose one step for but a moment, not to dare is to lose oneself forever' - Crown Prince Frederick of Denmark in a letter to Miss Mary Donaldson as stated by them on their official engagement interview.
Old 08-30-2006, 05:20 PM

As ever the problem here is love. But you can learn to love a haemorrhoid if you have it long enough. Look at Grand Duke Jean and Grand Duchess Josephine-Charlotte - they learned to love one another all for the sake of the Luxembourg throne and it was a perfect marriage providing a perfect couple. I have no real reason to oppose Kate other than that she sways William's attention to what he should be doing.
Old 08-30-2006, 07:03 PM
Nobility

Quote:
As ever the problem here is love. But you can learn to love a haemorrhoid if you have it long enough. Look at Grand Duke Jean and Grand Duchess Josephine-Charlotte - they learned to love one another all for the sake of the Luxembourg throne and it was a perfect marriage providing a perfect couple. I have no real reason to oppose Kate other than that she sways William's attention to what he should be doing.
But BeatrixFan, how do you know that she doesn't direct William's attention towards what he should be doing instead of away from it?
How do you know that she doesn't make quiet suggestions to him about doing the right things, and then takes a step back to let him make up his own mind?
It could be that she isn't asking him to neglect his duties at all, possibly just the opposite.

Closed Thread

Tags
marriage, prince harry, prince william