The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 08-26-2006, 02:29 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duchess
i'm always amazed at how many of your countrymen/woman have given you the huge responsibility of speaking for them. i never mentioned anything about criminals that's something you pulled out of the air but even socialites and aristocrats can be criminals. as for having "no intelligence" diana was the first one to admit that she was "thick as a plank" and the world adored her and the majority of the british wanted her to be the next Queen. intelligence? i mentioned in another post that, and correct me if i'm wrong, the Queen has little formal education and she's learned most of what she knows during her reign. you don't have to an aristocrat or wealthy to be popular. being realistic is knowing that class and social standing do not make the person.
Skydragon never suggested that she was speaking for all of us Brits, only for herself - although, while she and I have had our disagreements in the past, I whole-heartedly agree with her now. William is a future king, and practicality has to play some role in any marriage - a young woman from the working class would have a very hard time adjusting to royal life. Also, there is a huge difference between education and intelligence - I highly doubt anyone could truly believe that Queen Elizabeth has ruled so successfully for so many years without intelligence, whatever education she may have had.

Old 08-26-2006, 02:47 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
i never mentioned .....
Well we clearly have different standards but, you already knew that.

HRH Elizabeth seems to have answered your post very well but, I would add that popularity does not always make a good royal and the Queen was educated by the finest tutors at home.

Old 08-26-2006, 03:47 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRH Elizabeth
Skydragon never suggested that she was speaking for all of us Brits, only for herself - although, while she and I have had our disagreements in the past, I whole-heartedly agree with her now. William is a future king, and practicality has to play some role in any marriage - a young woman from the working class would have a very hard time adjusting to royal life. Also, there is a huge difference between education and intelligence - I highly doubt anyone could truly believe that Queen Elizabeth has ruled so successfully for so many years without intelligence, whatever education she may have had.
if you go back and look at her post that i replied to she was said she was speaking for "the majority of UK citizens" which is truly an amazing thing. i agree that Queen Elizabeth is highly intelligent.
Old 08-26-2006, 03:55 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon
Well we clearly have different standards but, you already knew that.

HRH Elizabeth seems to have answered your post very well but, I would add that popularity does not always make a good royal and the Queen was educated by the finest tutors at home.
we do indeed have different standards however i never suggested that someone with a criminal background would make a good wife for william. are you suggesting that aristocrats and socialites can't be criminals? i'm well aware of the fact that the Queen had the finest tutors but that doesn't change the fact that she has limited formal education. did she go on to university? no she didn't but she's done a fine job as sovereign and most of that has come from first hand experience.
Old 08-26-2006, 04:10 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
if you go back and look at her post that i replied to she was said she was speaking for "the majority of UK citizens" which is truly an amazing thing. i agree that Queen Elizabeth is highly intelligent.
'I don't see the majority of UK citizens being happy.' is what I wrote and presumably what you were replying to and nowhere does it say that I was speaking for the majority of UK citizens.
Old 08-26-2006, 04:15 PM
Imperial Majesty

Could we move on, please? This is beginning to sound like a school playground.

Elspeth

British Royals moderator
Old 08-26-2006, 04:17 PM
Imperial Majesty

You are right, sorry Elspeth.
Old 08-27-2006, 03:31 PM
Gentry

Other William/marriage related issues - do you all suppose he'll marry at Westminster or St. Pauls?
Old 08-27-2006, 03:42 PM
Administrator

I am thinking St. Pauls.

Well..on BBCAmerica they have been showing a bunch of Royalty Specials today. I know these are repeats but its the first time I have seen them. I won't even the discuss the Andrew & Fergie: Behind the Palace Doors on this thread (it was simply awful) but now they have this ridiculous fluff docudrama on titled "Wiliiam's Women." Its telling me NOTHING that I haven't learned on this board...anyone seen it?
Old 08-27-2006, 03:48 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonk1189
now they have this ridiculous fluff docudrama on titled "Wiliiam's Women." Its telling me NOTHING that I haven't learned on this board...anyone seen it?
I've seen it. It is excruciatingly ridiculous and lame. I firmly believe I lost several points off my IQ from watching it.
Old 08-28-2006, 04:52 AM
Imperial Majesty

The prince, his girlfriend and a North Creake student

A NEW unauthorised book delving into the relationship between Prince William and his girlfriend Kate Middleton has uncovered her previous relationship with a student from North Creake.

http://www.lynnnews.co.uk/ViewArticl...icleid=1721932
Old 08-28-2006, 12:29 PM

Oh God, the first book about the pair. When will William end this obsession?
Old 08-28-2006, 02:01 PM
Imperial Majesty

What obsession, Sam?
Old 08-28-2006, 02:03 PM

It seems the boy won't put her down. She seems to be there every 5 seconds with that miserable look on her face. Honestly, never has repressed lust been so obvious and so nauseating.
Old 08-28-2006, 02:04 PM
Imperial Majesty

So what should he do? Marry her, give her up, or tell her to smile more?
Old 08-28-2006, 02:05 PM

Oh marriage is out IMO. She's perfect mistress material but certainly not wife material. She makes him even more boring than he already is.
Old 08-28-2006, 02:20 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeatrixFan
Oh marriage is out IMO. She's perfect mistress material but certainly not wife material. She makes him even more boring than he already is.
I have to agree... boring.
Old 08-28-2006, 03:08 PM
Imperial Majesty

Oh dear, history has taught us nothing it would seem.
Old 08-28-2006, 03:16 PM

History isn't there to teach. It's there to amuse.
Old 08-28-2006, 03:23 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeatrixFan
Could not agree more!

Tags
marriage, prince harry, prince william