Preferred Wives For William and Harry

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sorry, but this is a very ignorant statement.

I'm a very ignorant person.

They're not going anywhere. They'll be King and Queen and the good people of Great Britain will line the streets to see them marry and to see William's coronation.

Oh and you're sure of that are you? Monarchy no longer has the spiritual or emotional attachment it once did. Now it's about affection for celebrity. If the public don't feel that affection, they're in trouble. The political landscape doesn't look good for William's reign. You're being very romantic and how lovely it would be if William married Kate and we all took to her overnight. But I doubt that's going to happen. The good people of Great Britain are changing.

BeatrixFan said:
It isn't as simple as that. WE have to accept her. WE the British people. She isn't going to be a normal house wife. She's going to be a Queen. She's going to represent us. And that's a huge role to take and she needs our acceptance to perform that role.
If throwing bread rolls at a Duchess in the grocery story is acceptance, then okay!!

BeatrixFan said:
And if she's teamed with William, who is boring, it becomes a very dull pairing and bad times linger round the corner.

You can't know that. There must be something about her he loves, or else he wouldn't be with her. She may appear boring to you, but that's just to you. Perhaps she has another fun, more carefree side that William and their friends get to see. She's a young woman, there's time for her to mature and grow into the role she may be playing in the future. When I was 19-21 I behaved quite differently than I do now. I grew up and changed my attitude and outlook on things. There's no reason to think that she won't do the same.

If throwing bread rolls at a Duchess in the grocery story is acceptance, then okay!!

Any other ancient history you want to drag up? She wasn't a Duchess then. She's a Princess now.

BeatrixFan said:
I'm a very ignorant person.
Oh I wouldn't say that. You just have a bad feeling about this girl the same way I had a bad feeling about one of my leaders. Let's just hope that Kate or no Kate William's reign will turn out a little differently.

BeatrixFan said:
Any other ancient history you want to drag up? She wasn't a Duchess then. She's a Princess now.
Thank you for making a great point. Just as Kate is not a Princess/Queen consort now, she's a P-R-I-V-A-T-E C-I-T-I-Z-E-N.

If she's costing us money, she aint a P-R-I-V-A-T-E C-I-T-I-Z-E-N.

Sister Morphine said:
You know, you can't say you're in love until you've been with the person for 4+ years?
Well by definition they must be in love since they met in what...2001? And I believe William probably had an eye for her even back then. It's now 2006...and counting. :)

Last edited:
BeatrixFan said:

Until she marries William, she's a private citizen in that she's not a member of the RF. Whether or not he or the family spends money on her doesn't change her status in society.

BeatrixFan said:
She's costing her P-A-R-E-N-T-S money. And maybe her future father-in-law some jack for the guards. Unless you can show me the line item on the civil list or whatever list that has Kate Middleton's name and a figure next to it....Waiting...

In the absence of a British moderator...let's all play nice.

Ahem - William wanted security for her. She gets police officers following her. She stays at Clarence House. She eats the food there. She makes work for the staff there. She might not be down on that Civil List but when she has a meal with Wills at Clarence House, that costs the tax payer money, however minute a sum it might be.

BeatrixFan said:
Ahem - William wanted security for her. She gets police officers following her. She stays at Clarence House. She eats the food there. She makes work for the staff there. She might not be down on that Civil List but when she has a meal with Wills at Clarence House, that costs the tax payer money, however minute a sum it might be.
He's probably eating more meals with her on weekends -- away from stuffy old Clarence House. Otherwise, he's eating at Sandhurst. Without her. You're stretching.:)

Not at all. It's a well reported fact that she spends time at Clarence House. Unless she pays a bill when she leaves, it's the tax payer picking up that bill and if we're paying for her, I think we have a right to criticise her.

Luv2Cruise said:
Yes Upper Marlboro. It is such a small world.:flowers:

Just wait until Elspeth gets on and starting deleting stuff. She's in the area as well!:ROFLMAO:

You can criticize her until the cows come home. How much good it does is debatable -- her being a fixture in William's life right now is not.:)

Zonk1189 said:
Just wait until Elspeth gets on and starting deleting stuff. She's in the area as well!:ROFLMAO:
Amazing. Go Skins??? :lol:

BeatrixFan said:

This doesn't mean she's not a private citizen, though. I would expect her to eat food at his home when she's there....unless he's the cheap boyfriend type and makes her eat fish and chips from a take out place while they're eating on the fine china. And how much work for the staff can one person make? Is she sitting on a chaise lounge ordering people about to get her things while someone fans her?

And the security issue.....William obviously loves her and wants her to be safe; she is dating the future King. So he has security for her......that's sweet.

Right. Ok. I won't post my opinion. It's apparantly not wanted. Would this better?

Oh yeah, Kate is soooo pretty, I think she's so lovely. She's going to be a great Queen Consort. An English Rose. A Goddess. Our saviour. Oh how wonderful she is.

I knew you'd come around. There now. Isn't that better??:lol: :flowers:
My work here is done. Time for ice cream and tv. L8!!

Yes. I was saying the exact same thing to Mrs Pig as she flew over Wandsworth last night.

BeatrixFan said:
Right. Ok. I won't post my opinion. It's apparantly not wanted. Would this better?

Oh yeah, Kate is soooo pretty, I think she's so lovely. She's going to be a great Queen Consort. An English Rose. A Goddess. Our saviour. Oh how wonderful she is.

Again...let's all play nice. And agree to disagree. That's what makes this board so fun.

BeatrixFan..don't be sensitive:ROFLMAO: You know your input is always welcomed.

BeatrixFan said:
But like Camilla before her marriage to Prince Charles, Kate is a commoner. She is a normal person and citizen. You said that Camilla has style and spark as the Duchess of Cornwall. Well she didn't have it before her marriage. She dressed dour to say the least. The world hated her. She was an adulteress and homewrecker. She didn't wear make-up or have access to the "royal" living she has now which has made her look more presentable and even elegant to the British public and the world.

Kate doesn't even have the baggage that Camilla had. If she married into the royal family today you would see her transformed and it wouldn't take very much. She's not supermodel beautiful but she's not ugly. She's cute actually. She would be spectacular as William's wife, imho.

When she proves to me that she's worthy to be my Queen, I'll compliment the girl. Until she does that, she remains the frumpy frowny appendage that is currently to be found on the arm of Prince William of Wales.

Well she didn't have it before her marriage. She dressed dour to say the least. The world hated her.

Camilla did have it before her marriage. She was a person with a personality and something interesting about her. The world didn't hate her. The tabloids and the Diana nuts hated her. She's proved she's a natural Royal - she was born to be Royal. When Kate shows me she's in the same league, I'll accept her.

BeatrixFan said:
She was a person with a personality and something interesting about her.
Too easy. :lol:

Go back and look at the pictures of her, the Queen, and Charles on the steps outside Windsor castle on their wedding day. The Queen looked like she'd rather be having a root canal that day. That "we're leaving" announcement to Charles on those steps that windy day kinda said it all.:lol: And they broadcast the ceremony on tv here in the States. I specifically watched the Queen's face. Not exactly a beaming mother of the groom. :lol:

BUT....they're still married, Charles will be King, Camilla will be his Queen, and the monarchy, like life, goes on.

Last edited:
Yeah, did it not occur to you that it was very much her son's day? You people. You didn't see the footage of the Queen on the steps laughing with Camilla? You didn't see the Queen kissing Camilla when they left Windsor Castle for honeymoon? You didn't see the Queen kissing Camilla when they were in Wales? You didn't see the Queen enjoying Braemar with Camilla? You haven't heard that the Queen loves being with Camilla because they share a love of horses and the countryside? She's not even your Queen for heaven's sake.

Luv2Cruise said:
Amazing. Go Skins??? :lol:

Bite your tongue! I might live in the area, but I'm a transplant from the UK via California, although "Go Niners" seems to be square under the heading of "total lost cause" these days.

Right, I've deleted some of the more bad-tempered personal comments, and I hope that'll be an end to them.

Please remember that this thread is about William and Kate, not about Camilla, so let's get it back on track.

Sam, if you've recovered your customary good humour, I'd like to ask you something, although I think we might have had this conversation before. Diana was charismatic, very un-boring, and highly popular - all the things you're criticising Kate for not being - and look how that turned out. What makes you think that being more low-key will be such a disaster, given recent history?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom