Preferred Wives For William and Harry

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The press writes her up as this icon of fantastic goodness and virtue, and it's really annoying to most of us.(myself included! )

I didn't agree with everything you said TonyaR but this really did stick out as being true IMO. As I see it, all Kate has done is appear in the latest fashions at a few polo matches and in her gown when she graduated. This does not make her a good person. One tabloid even described her as "Stunning" - well I wouldn't call her particularly stunning. She doesn't strike me as a great beauty and I wouldn't call any of her actions stunning. The crux of it is - who is she? What is she? What does she actually do? I mean, this might be a teenage romance on a delay, but William (and this is what gets my goat) seems to be far to wrapped up in her at the moment. I mean how ridiculous that he simply has to have Kate nearby - if she is the one, get engaged and marry her but he shouldn't expect us all to fall head over heels for her when in reality, she's done bog all for anyone and displays all the personality of boiled broccoli.

BeatrixFan said:
I didn't agree with everything you said TonyaR but this really did stick out as being true IMO. As I see it, all Kate has done is appear in the latest fashions at a few polo matches and in her gown when she graduated. This does not make her a good person. One tabloid even described her as "Stunning" - well I wouldn't call her particularly stunning. She doesn't strike me as a great beauty and I wouldn't call any of her actions stunning. The crux of it is - who is she? What is she? What does she actually do? I mean, this might be a teenage romance on a delay, but William (and this is what gets my goat) seems to be far to wrapped up in her at the moment. I mean how ridiculous that he simply has to have Kate nearby - if she is the one, get engaged and marry her but he shouldn't expect us all to fall head over heels for her when in reality, she's done bog all for anyone and displays all the personality of boiled broccoli.
Right, I can't take it!!
I thought about commenting on some of what you said, but can't because I'm just laughing too hard ! :ROFLMAO: :lol: You are too funny!! BeatrixFan, when I grow up I want to be as witty as you.;)!! :) !!

That's very kind of you and I'm not quite sure how to respond to that. So I won't. ;)

Right now, Kate is William's girlfriend, nothing more or less, and is a private citizen doing whatever she feels like doing. She has no obligation to show the world that she has suitable character or what not......they're not getting married and he's allowed to have a nice girlfriend.

I really think people are reading way too much into William's relationship with Kate. While it's clear he is very fond of her, that doesn't mean she will become his future consort. In fact, it's likely she will not marry him.

Thats the thing though - William seems to be entirely obsessed with her. She MUST be near him at Sandhurst, he MUST see her at polo matches, he MUST have somewhere private to be with her. Look at Pierre Casiraghi - he has girlfriends but he doesn't act like he's married. William has transmogrified into this 40 year old Richard Bucket and it's just annoying. I'm fed up with seeing her sulky face.

BeatrixFan - I think that unless you KNOW Wils you shouldn't assume that he HAS to see her all the time. Maybe he's just that type of man! I know plenty of couples that spend a lot of time together - not because they're obsessed but simply because thats what they're like.

I think it's pretty obvious from his actions that he HAS to see her. Wherever he is, she is. The Daily Mail had it on good authority that William had requested her to be housed at Clarence House and that he wanted her to have Royal protection. When did he start giving the orders? The thing is, he shouldn't be spending all this time with her - he should be spending it with his people because we'll always be here, whether Kate is or not.

BeatrixFan said:
Thats the thing though - William seems to be entirely obsessed with her. She MUST be near him at Sandhurst, he MUST see her at polo matches, he MUST have somewhere private to be with her. Look at Pierre Casiraghi - he has girlfriends but he doesn't act like he's married. William has transmogrified into this 40 year old Richard Bucket and it's just annoying. I'm fed up with seeing her sulky face.

Obsessed is a rather strong word, no? They've been in a relationship for some time now and William isn't seeing Kate as much due to his current military training. So, it seems reasonable to see her as much as he can, much like any young man his age.

I don't think she is sulky......LOL. More likely, she is just careful to present a blank face when hundreds of paparazzi are snapping pictures of you.

BeatrixFan said:
I think it's pretty obvious from his actions that he HAS to see her. Wherever he is, she is. The Daily Mail had it on good authority that William had requested her to be housed at Clarence House and that he wanted her to have Royal protection. When did he start giving the orders? The thing is, he shouldn't be spending all this time with her - he should be spending it with his people because we'll always be here, whether Kate is or not.

I find it hard to believe William would make requests that he knows his father and grandmother cannot possibly approve. Kate is not a member of the royal family and it would very controversial for her to live in a royal palace at this time.

He can certainly pay for private protection officers to give her security, but Kate cannot have royal protection officers shadowing her.

Although anything is possible, I don't think he is. I think that if it is in the tabloids or whereever it might be to keep the press off Kate as not to put undue stress on their relationship.

Well, I'll step away from the issue but I stick by what I said. All I can say is, he needs to realise he's got work to do for his country and she needs to realise that nobody likes a misery guts.

BeatrixFan said:
"...she's done bog all for anyone and displays all the personality of boiled broccoli"
BeatrixFan, the reason I was laughing is because you use such a colourful terms, I love it! I don't have the exciting vocabulary that you do, and I wish I did.
I do agree with what Branchg said, though:
I don't think she is sulky......LOL. More likely, she is just careful to present a blank face when hundreds of paparazzi are snapping pictures of you.
IMO that makes sense, maintaining a blank face would give the media less emotion to speculate about and fewer clues to what you're really thinking. It probably allows her to keep her thoughts a little more private while being photographed. It's also true that since she's just Prince William's girlfriend, she isn't obligated to do anything for anyone at all other than William.

I think Kate can never win with some members of the public because not only is she nothing like Diana, she reminds some people of Camilla--boring, devoted to her prince in an almost submissive way and totally lacking charisma and that dazzle that William's mother had.

Last edited:
Oh I certainly wouldn't call Camilla boring. And she's got dazzle and charisma - she just isn't a carbon copy of Barbie. I wouldn't want Kate to be at all like Diana or at all like Camilla - I'd just like to her have a personality. And when she's got one, maybe she can share it with William?

BeatrixFan said:
Oh I certainly wouldn't call Camilla boring. And she's got dazzle and charisma - she just isn't a carbon copy of Barbie. I wouldn't want Kate to be at all like Diana or at all like Camilla - I'd just like to her have a personality. And when she's got one, maybe she can share it with William?

Oh, BeatrxiFan - you always manage to make me laugh!:lol: While she certainly hasn't done anything wrong, I can't help finding her deadly dull. Actually, the pair of them, really...boiled broccoli really suits them, I think!

William is more like boiled cabbage.:lol: Broccoli has too much colour.

We are all thinking that William is obsessed with Kate. How do we know that she is not the one who is obsessed? She may be constantly placing herself in his line of vision so that he does not forget about her. I think she is a very smart girl and is very strategically charting her course. This is the chance of a lifetime and she is not going to blow it if she can help it. If I were in her position, I would go for it too. Remember the chance to be queen is at stake.

CM

Maybe Kate feels that she will only lay out her personality for all the world to see if the relationship has progressed to a more official level i.e. an engagement. It could be that she regards her relationship with the Prince (at this point) as intensely private and she is not into currying favour with 'his' public and thus unduly pressuring both of them into a commitment.

They could very well be treading a slow, steady path to monogamous matrimony that would comply very well with the Church of England's teachings. I really find it humorous that some posts in this thread are finding them boring. They are not into playing 'hide and seek' with the press and yet they are not tabloid-newsworthy? This maybe a very smart move on their part.

Tho' I think girls from royal families will be better choices as wives for Prince William, there is nothing to stop Kate if she puts her mind to it. But she may find it really tough as we see more of Prince William playing polo and night-clubbing than attending to royal duties. So in addition to learning the 'reins' herself, she might also have to be prodding him on. It would be easier for someone like Princess Madelaine who has had vast experience in this area.

The Royal siblings of Sweden and Luxembourg have been impeccable as we saw them take centre stage in royal events in their countries e.g. King Carl Gustav's 60th Birthday celebration, the funeral of the late Grand-Duchess Josephine-Charlotte. Compared to the report of Wales Princes' late partying the night before Queen Elizabeth's 80th Birthday Thanksgiving service at St Paul's. But then again they may be not be subjected to intense media scrutiny in Sweden and Luxembourg.

In any case, the girl who will marry Prince William will need to be very strong indeed because the future of the most prestigious Monarchy will be in their hands. If that girl turns out to be Kate, I am sure we will then be dazzled by her charms and charisma.

Last edited:
LOSSEAN said:
Tho' I think girls from royal families will be better choices as wives for Prince William.

I dont think that is actually the case. The years of royals marrying royals (unless in love) is certainly over.

Just because they may, whoever they are, be a royal does not guarantee that they are 'up' for the demands and pressures of being the future King's wife.

Just look at the wonderful job the Crown Princesses of Europe are doing. These woman, all commoners and some foreigners, have (in the most part) contributed wonderfully to the monarchy and are fulfilling their roles with ease and dedication. You couldn't possibly ask for a better Dutch, Belgian, Danish or Norwegiane Crown Princess :wub:

Last edited:
Its not really fair to compair William and Harry to the siblings of Sweden and Luxemburg. William and Harry are the grandchildern of the sovereign, the others are the childern the sovereign. Each has different roles and the current childern of the English sovereign are Charles, Anne, Andrew and Edward. Please compair equals. But I will agree with you that getting drunk the night before a very important event is a really dumb idea.

Princess_Nessy said:
Maybe he's just that type of man! I know plenty of couples that spend a lot of time together.

Some people call it being in love! :wub:

TonyaR said:
I do agree with what Branchg said, though:IMO that makes sense, maintaining a blank face would give the media less emotion to speculate about and fewer clues to what you're really thinking. It probably allows her to keep her thoughts a little more private while being photographed.

It's very easy to understand how the media works when it comes to celebrities and/or royality. If they have pictures but no story, they will invent a story which fits the pictures. If they haven't pictures they won't print the story apart from the big exclusive which consist of 100% secure info.
If they have an amount of pictures, they'll invent a big story, if they have only few or no pictures, they won't report. That's basically the most important thing all PR professionals have to know: the media wants pictures more than a story.

That's why, at least IMHO, PR-professional Mary Donaldson was so sucessful on dealing with the media. She didn't want any publicity so she saw to it that the media got only "bland pictures of her, that didn't tell any story at all and that could only be used to illustrate an invented story if this story was positive.

As for Kate: if Kate wants to finally win and marry the prince she must make sure that only one continuing story is being printed: the story of Cinderella with her as pure, nice, lovable Cindy. She does not want to be overly prominent and she does not want to become the focus of jealeousy. Her big advantage with the media is that she is the incarnation of "Miss-next-door", advertising the idea that anyone can get the prince, which is thoroughly modern myth and a big seller in the world of romance novel. of course the media loves this story! Because the female readers love this story.

But Kate must be perfect: so no pics which can be used to create bad, bad stories. No real bad, bad story that is provable. Not too many pics of her apart from when she is together with the prince.

Bland, boring, sucessful.... Beatrixfan, Kate has her own agenda - she can't have an interest in amusing "the likes of you" (really, no affront intended! :flowers: ), her interest lies in conveying to the British public that she is the best choice as future Princess William of Wales. So far, she is quite sucessful with this task....

If she's going to be my future Queen then she better start amusing the likes of me. And as for all this love rubbish, love's all very well and good but William should both remember country before bedtime.

BeatrixFan - does our present Queen amuse you? Just wondering if you expect the same out of HRM as you do of Kate.

The present Queen has my deep loyalty, love and affection and she can't put a foot wrong. She amuses me because she's interesting. She's a lady of great wit, talent and she is Britain. She is the most amazing woman in the entire world and I adore her. I can't ever see Kate getting that reaction from me or anyone else for the matter.

I'll agree with you on this one BeatrixFan, there is just something about our Queen that I love. Though I will say that she is The Commonwealth (not just Britain!) ;) (have to include us Canadians in there!).
I don't think that anyone could ever live up to her. Perhaps the future Queen will eventually grow into her role but she'll never be HRM Queen Elizabeth! :)

No and I think it would be unfair for me to expect Kate to be like the Queen but she's got to inspire a similar loyalty and I find it hard to see how they're going to make Kate acceptable as a future Queen if indeed that's what she's aiming to be or if it's what William wants her to be. She'll need alot of work - Princess Madeleine wouldn't need any work - why haven't these two been introduced at a wedding? :ermm:

Again - I agree! I think Princess Madeline would be perfect. She's beautiful, edcuated and seems better suited. How old is she?

She was born in 1982 - the same as William. She's stunningly beautiful, she's got the breeding, she knows exactly what's required of her, she's used to Royal life, she's well educated, she's European, she's modern but she knows the do's and don'ts of Royal life - she's more than perfect. She's the one. King William V and Queen Madeleine gives a far nicer image than King William V and Queen Kate. Now how to make him see....

While I have no complaints about Kate (I doubt they will every marry)...I must admit..that Madeline pairing would be awesome. Hopefully, he will get her away from the sun....she is going to age quickly.

Problem is...I don't think they have ever met? If we had some weddings coming up maybe. But I don't think any are on the horizon. Now maybe if Prince Nikolas of Greece got married...they could meet there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom