The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 12-01-2005, 04:40 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josefine
i do not think william has met many royal girls
He doesn't seem to have. The royals in other countries began getting together at royal family affairs like birthdays, wedding celebrations, etc... after they turned 18, but this doesn't seem to be the case in Britain.

Old 12-01-2005, 05:07 AM
Administrator in Memoriam

Quote:
Originally Posted by norwegianne
He doesn't seem to have. The royals in other countries began getting together at royal family affairs like birthdays, wedding celebrations, etc... after they turned 18, but this doesn't seem to be the case in Britain.
One of the odd things about the Windsors is that they never emphasise the wider family connections, at least not publicly (apart from King Constantine and family). Considering that Prince Philip's sisters married into the Hesse, Hanover, Baden and Hohenlohe-Langenburg families, there are quite a few cousins across the Channel. Maybe the cousins make strictly private visits to BP, Highgrove, Balmoral etc that we never hear about, but I'd think William would appreciate having a chat to other Crown Princes/Princesses to compare notes.

Old 12-04-2005, 07:23 PM
Aristocracy

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by ysbel
The quest for a virgin bride is what doomed Charles' first marriage to failure. Although Diana had the right look and the right pedigree and the virginity, she and Charles were too incompatible to make it work.
I hope William does grow a bit before marrying but I wish they'd leave the requirement for a virgin bride back in the Victorian era where it belongs.
Hello, you got that right. Hit the nail on the head.

As for the Virgin Wedding. Without have pictures to prove anything. I can almost asure you that, that ship sailed along time ago. & Didn't will say something about the fac that he did not want to marry until 30.

I agree people need to get off the requirement of the virgin thing. & not being one at your wedding doesn't make you less of a christian than the next person.
Old 12-21-2005, 09:31 AM
Nobility

Princess Madeline of Sweden is a good choice too (:
both are born in the same year.
and they aren't first nor second cousins.
Old 12-21-2005, 09:30 PM
Heir Presumptive

It's highly likely William will marry a British girl of aristocratic background. Given the demands of duty and responsibility that come with being his wife, I can't see him marrying anyone who doesn't intimately understand the sacrifice of being a Royal Highness and future Queen Consort. She must also bear heirs to the throne.
Old 12-21-2005, 09:43 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by branchg
It's highly likely William will marry a British girl of aristocratic background. Given the demands of duty and responsibility that come with being his wife, I can't see him marrying anyone who doesn't intimately understand the sacrifice of being a Royal Highness and future Queen Consort. She must also bear heirs to the throne.
Well a Royal Princess would understand the sacrifice of being a Royal Highness and future Queen Consort because she's already a Royal Highness and her mother is a Queen Consort.

But I agree with you, I think he'll marry a British girl of aristocractic background because that's the way the BRF seems to do it although being aristocratic and being royal are not exactly the same thing.
Old 12-22-2005, 02:32 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by foiegrass
Princess Madeline of Sweden is a good choice too (:
both are born in the same year.
and they aren't first nor second cousins.
I agree about pincess Madeleine, they both seem to have that happy, fun loving quality and the same interests. If he married a princess, I think she would be the best choice. I personally don't think Charolette would marry a prince, she doesn't like the paparazzi as it is and that formality, it's a big difference from playing on the beach and going to her grandfather's palace once in a while to being kept in a big big castle and having to do public engagements. My vote is for Madeleine.:)
Old 12-22-2005, 08:48 PM
Heir Presumptive

Princess Madeleine isn't British, although she is a descendant of Queen Victoria through her father, and probably hasn't even met Prince William!

The standards of duty and responsibility for a Swedish princess is minimal, compared with the demands of a British royal and I don't think she would be a viable choice.
Old 03-18-2006, 03:15 AM
Courtier

Why Shouldn't/Should William Marry A Poor Girl?

I have a question, in your opinions why shouldn't/should William marry a poor girl? I personally don't see what the whole fuss is with William marrying someone whose already a princess, sure she would know the ropes and how to act and what is expected of her, but why couldn't someone coming from a poor background become Queen? IMO I would think she would be more suited to help her countrymen because she would have known what they are going through and have some good ideas on how to help. Anyone can take "princess classes" and learn how to act proper but would someone from a middle upper class background really connect with the poorer people of the country? In your opinion why or why not would you be against William marrying someone not from aristocracy or even a middle class background?
Old 03-18-2006, 03:38 AM
Courtier

Their are more eligible young woman out there, who are worth an absolute fortune than there are Princesses.

I think William should marry whoever he damn well wants, and in this day and age, I think he shall.

I doubt whether William mixes (socially) with those who are of a middle class upbringing. With the exception (possibly) of clubs, polo etc.

Would a lady with a middle class upbringing be able to cope with and fulfill such a historical & reverent position? Hmmm, lets see....Mette-Marit, Mary, Letizia....if supported unfailingly & continuously guided, I see no reason as to why not...

However, I don't believe a cockney accent would sit at all to well

And, of course, they MUST be in love!!!!

"MII"
Old 03-18-2006, 06:22 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRHAmy
Anyone can take "princess classes" and learn how to act proper but would someone from a middle upper class background really connect with the poorer people of the country? In your opinion why or why not would you be against William marrying someone not from aristocracy or even a middle class background?
I just don't think it would happen, can you imagine inviting the in laws around. What is all this about 'connecting' with the the poorer people anyway. You wouldn't expect the owner of a large company to mix socially with his employees, would you?
Marriage to Prince William would change the woman whatever her background.
Old 03-20-2006, 01:19 AM
Courtier

It is up to William whom he wants to end up with. Although I hope that she will be a girl from aristocratic background, but no one should force William to marry someone he did not love. We won't forget Charles's painful love tragedy and just hope that William is lucky enough to find the right one.
Old 03-21-2006, 02:22 PM
Courtier

i think people dont give love enough credit. love can move mountains! she can be a girl of the lower class, and he will marry her, if he loves her! I understand the reasoning people give is that he may not have a chance to meet someone from a certain class, but remember, this is love we're talking about! he can see her serving him ni a bar and realize that she si the one, and thats it...im such a romantic, but i believe that love is the most powerful thing on Earth, I really do.
Old 03-21-2006, 04:24 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd_1
i think people dont give love enough credit. love can move mountains! but i believe that love is the most powerful thing on Earth, I really do.
I hope neither you or William find out that love cannot move all mountains! :)

A chance meeting in a bar wouldn't go anywhere, he might 'fancy' this ficticious young woman but, love generally grows strong enough for marriage, over at least a few weeks or months. If they are from totally different walks of life, what would they have in common and what would they have to talk about?
Old 03-21-2006, 04:31 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon
You wouldn't expect the owner of a large company to mix socially with his employees, would you?
Actually I would, I would rather know that the man I work for would take the time out of his busy schedule of golf and lunch with the Windsors to have a chat with me at a Christmas party and see how we all are doing and how the business is going. It's called being human, I don't care how much money you have it's just plain decency to interact with people who are doing a job so you're company can run smoothly. When it comes down to it, we are all people, we all are born and die the same way no matter if you have a crown on your head or not.
Old 03-21-2006, 04:34 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

I think a man and a woman can come from entirely different walks of life and have a successful marriage but one of the pair has to be pretty flexible both mentally and emotionally to adapt themselves to new circumstances. In my hometown, men from 3rd world countries married local women but they had already decided to adapt to a new way of life before they met the women. I don't know if the women would have been as successful living in their husband's country.

With Will's situation, a girlfriend from a different background would have to be extremely flexible to adapt to the royal lifestyle. I'm not saying that it can't happen but it would be tougher for her.
"One thing we can do is make the choice to view the world in a healthy way. We can choose to see the world as safe with only moments of danger rather than seeing the world as dangerous with only moments of safety."
-- Deepak Chopra
Old 03-21-2006, 04:36 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon
I just don't think it would happen, can you imagine inviting the in laws around. What is all this about 'connecting' with the the poorer people anyway. You wouldn't expect the owner of a large company to mix socially with his employees, would you?
Marriage to Prince William would change the woman whatever her background.
I think it depends on the company. Some owners of large companies have a surprisingly wide range of social contacts, even their employees.
"One thing we can do is make the choice to view the world in a healthy way. We can choose to see the world as safe with only moments of danger rather than seeing the world as dangerous with only moments of safety."
-- Deepak Chopra
Old 03-21-2006, 05:20 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by sara1981
i dont think Camilla had it? or yes

Sara Boyce
It is said that her great grandmother was a former mistress to one of the King's of Great Britain(Edward VII). I believe her name was Alice. She is also a descendant of the first Duke of Richmond. Princess Diana of course can be considered a little more royal because her line is from the Spencers.
Old 03-21-2006, 07:11 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRHAmy
Actually I would, I would rather know that the man I work for would take the time out of his busy schedule of golf and lunch with the Windsors to have a chat with me at a Christmas party and see how we all are doing and how the business is going. It's called being human, I don't care how much money you have it's just plain decency to interact with people who are doing a job so you're company can run smoothly.
We are not talking about a christmas party or works event, we are talking about dinner parties, dining out, theatre trips, the opera. Knowing one anothers friends and has nothing to do with how a company runs, which very few big bosses would discuss with an employee anyway or only in a superficial way.:) I can't imagine Alan Sugar or Richard Branson having in depth talks with their employees, can you?
Old 03-21-2006, 07:17 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by ysbel
I think it depends on the company. Some owners of large companies have a surprisingly wide range of social contacts, even their employees.
I know the people that work for us, we all sit down at christmas and have a drink, we pass the time of day occasionally and always enquire how the other is but, I don't think they would say that we mix socially nor would any of us want to. Having social contacts is rather different to being friends with an employee.

Closed Thread

Tags
marriage, prince harry, prince william