did diana pass as a noble women?

is camilla nobel?

Old 11-28-2005, 05:44 AM
Majesty

i do not think william has met many royal girls

Old 11-28-2005, 06:24 AM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

The BRF stopped marrying royals before the other royal families. Prince Philip had relinquished his title and become a British citizen. They prefer to marry British girls.

Even before he married, Charles said that while he thought he ought to marry a princess, what he really wanted to marry was an English girl.
Old 11-28-2005, 06:27 AM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Both Camilla and Diana came from aristocratic families. Diana moreso than Camilla.

The Brits have a titled aristocracy but many families are considered part of the aristocracy yet they have no titles.
Old 11-28-2005, 06:59 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by justi
Finally on the topic of William’s wife being a virgin.
Quote:
Originally Posted by justi
He has been baptized (granted not is choice) and confirmed (totally his choice) within the Church of England. If he is truly a Christian he will be marrying a Christian woman and both of them will be will be virgins until their marriage.
This is just my opinion you shouldn’t be offended by it after all I’m not forcing you to share it..
Huh! If the rumours about William and Kate wanting to live together are true I can't see the 'rule' about her being a virgin lasting long.
Old 11-28-2005, 07:21 AM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incas
He shouldn't "look around more" just for the sake of it. That sounds so chauvinistic. In times past, that's referred to as "sowing wild oats". At the same time, people are debating if his wife should be a virgin.

Given he is going to be busy with "trainings" and Sandhurst in a few month, he will be gaining more life experience and different perspectives.
The quest for a virgin bride is what doomed Charles' first marriage to failure. Although Diana had the right look and the right pedigree and the virginity, she and Charles were too incompatible to make it work.

I hope William does grow a bit before marrying but I wish they'd leave the requirement for a virgin bride back in the Victorian era where it belongs.
Old 11-28-2005, 07:24 AM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josefine
when was tjhe last time a prince that will be king married a non britsh girl
Well Mary of Teck wasn't technically British but she was raised as a Brit by her mother a British princess.

The last true non-Brit to marry a heir must have been Alexandra of Denmark who married Edward VII.
Old 11-28-2005, 07:44 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahoogie
me too, I wish he would marry Princess Madeleine :( ..or someone who has the magic and charisma like his mom..
Charisma is fine but mental & emotional fortitude is a more needed quality &, I'm afraid to say it, but Diana proved to be sadly lacking in this area.
Old 11-28-2005, 10:03 AM
Heir Apparent

I don't William would ever marry somebody who wasn't from an aristocratic bakground. Neither he, nor his brother mix in a social circle where they would ever come into contact with a "commoner" (how I despise that word).
Old 11-28-2005, 10:04 AM
Administrator in Memoriam

Quote:
Originally Posted by wymanda
Charisma is fine but mental & emotional fortitude is a more needed quality &, I'm afraid to say it, but Diana proved to be sadly lacking in this area.
I think we have seen a change in the attitude to Royal brides: Sophie Wessex served a long apprenticeship before taking the plunge, and it appears Kate Middleton is now undergoing the same process. Nothing will be rushed and there will be plenty of time to determine compatability and emotional suitability for a long-term and gruelling role.
Old 11-28-2005, 10:07 AM
Heir Presumptive

I Belive Kate will marry William and I Think shell be good for the Monarchy but i dont see them getting married any time soon at least not until William completes his Army career and that wont be until 2009 I Think
correct me if im wrong but isnt he doing a 3 year stint starting in 2006
Old 11-28-2005, 10:34 AM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Isn't Kate a non-aristocratic commoner? And Sophie Wessex was decidedly middle class.

However, I think you're right in that he moves mostly in aristocratic circles.
Old 11-28-2005, 10:48 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by ysbel
Isn't Kate a non-aristocratic commoner? And Sophie Wessex was decidedly middle class.
You're right, Kate and Sophie aren't from aristocratic backgrounds. But then take William's time at St. Andrews. Even when he was there most of his friends were from an aristocratic backgound, he didn't hang around with ordinary people". Even Kate, who may not be blue-blooded is still from a wealthy family.
Old 11-28-2005, 11:25 AM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idriel
I beg to disagree. The definition of aristocrat is the same everywhere, and Camilla isn't one of them.
She is however upper middle-class, so she had access to aristocracy, but that about all.
Idriel, I don't know what definition of aristocracy you are referring to but the aristocracy is definitely not the same in every country. The highest level of Danish aristocracy is the untitled aristocracy. Even in countries where titles represent the highest aristocracy only the heirs in a family actually have the title so there are a lot of untitled aristocrats.
Old 11-28-2005, 11:42 AM
Administrator in Memoriam

Quote:
The definition of aristocrat is the same everywhere.
The definition may be more fluid than just a title. The German aristocracy, as well as including the Dukes, Princes, Counts, Barons, Lords etc also includes those old families bearing a "von" before their surname, even though the families have never been titled.
Old 11-28-2005, 01:28 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by ysbel
Both Camilla and Diana came from aristocratic families. Diana moreso than Camilla.

The Brits have a titled aristocracy but many families are considered part of the aristocracy yet they have no titles.
i think so but Diana's dad is Earl and her brother is Earl also but Diana is more than Camilla yes of course! but her grandfather and dad,brother is Earl when her dad died in 1992.

i dont think Camilla had it? or yes

Sara Boyce
Old 11-28-2005, 04:06 PM
Heir Presumptive

Diana was certainly an aristocrat as a Spencer. However, her heritage on her mother's side was far less prestigious. Diana's maternal grandmother, Ruth Dill, was definately not an aristocrat and her husband, the 4th Baron Fermoy, was a minor Irish peer, but had great wealth through his mother, the American heiress Frances Work, who married the 3rd Baron Fermoy.

Camilla is not at the same level as Diana in terms of the Spencers, but she certainly came from a distinguished and wealthy background. Her father, Major Bruce Shand, was a British war hero and later became very successful as a wine merchant, while her mother came from wealth as the eldest child of Roland Calvert Cubitt, 3rd Baron Ashcombe.

It is entirely possible that William could marry someone like Kate Middleton, instead of a rarified aristocrat like his mother, but of course, it depends on what the Queen and his father think too (not to mention the Prime Minister). The difficulty for him is finding someone willing to give all of their freedom (and career aspirations) for the throne. That's why it is likely he will end up marrying an aristocrat.
Old 11-28-2005, 04:11 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
I beg to disagree. The definition of aristocrat is the same everywhere, and Camilla isn't one of them.
She is however upper middle-class, so she had access to aristocracy, but that about all.
Camilla is the grand daughter of 3rd Baron Ashcombe, it is also rumoured that she is the gt grand-daughter of Edward VII:) Her family history dates back to King Robert III of Scotland. (Hello, No. 863).
Old 11-28-2005, 10:02 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by branchg
Diana was certainly an aristocrat...
Thanks branchg. I knew you'd come along and give us the goods on their background.
Old 12-01-2005, 04:36 AM
Nobility

I think William will marry someone like Princess Mary of Denmark- 'normal' but also beautiful, and make a great princess. She might even be Australian, who knows? Harry I feel will marry an English girl, possibly titled, someone a similar background to his mother or Princess Matilde of Belgium, but she'll be zesty and a bit wild, cheeky just like himself!

Closed Thread

Tags
marriage, prince harry, prince william