The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 09-25-2005, 04:52 AM
Nobility

They are not children, I'm sure they know what they're doing. I think they'll be together for a while longer yet, but I don't see him marrying Kate in the end.

Old 09-25-2005, 08:26 AM
Courtier
Picture of the Month Representative - The Netherlands

i think they will not get married yet!They are too young!

Old 09-25-2005, 09:38 AM

Re:

She's a commoner but then again, who in the Royal Family hasn't married a commoner?

Part of me hoped he would marry Princess Madeleine of Sweden but we can't have everything can we?! I think they'd be perfect for one another.
Old 09-25-2005, 09:56 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeatrixFan
She's a commoner but then again, who in the Royal Family hasn't married a commoner?

Part of me hoped he would marry Princess Madeleine of Sweden but we can't have everything can we?! I think they'd be perfect for one another.
There is nothing, per se, preventing William from marrying a commoner, although I imagine the Queen and Prince Charles would be very cautious about it. Marrying William means becoming a future Princess of Wales and Queen Consort, so I'm sure they would want to ensure a commoner would understand the great sacrifice and pressures that would come with marriage.

I doubt William will marry a foreign princess such as Princess Madeleine. He doesn't really know any of them.
Old 09-25-2005, 10:13 AM
Nobility

I kind of like how the other Princes in the World had X amount of girlfriends until they found "the one", I enjoyed reading about the current girlfriend and then seeing her turn into this wonderful Princess.

In all honesty I would be dissapointed if Kate married William, she is fine but I don't look at her and think "I want her to be my countries Princess". Maybe she is still too young but I guess I just want William to marry someone with a spark.

In the end I hope he finds someone he adores and if this is Kate then good luck to them but I would be honest enough to say I hope she is not the one.
Old 09-25-2005, 10:15 AM
Nobility

William is with Kate-Whatever makes William happy,oh well, just best wishes..however, I wish he will not settle down too early,and he has to look around for more potential candidates, who knows, maybe there's more deserving girl there,born from nobility and he'll fall madly and settle down in his 30's..and of course the most important thing is that he's in love to whoever he chooses to marry not just following protocol..but its up to the Prince..He knows what is best for him..Currently, he's very happy and serious with Ms.Kate Middleton..Kate seems to be a fine lady, she and william look good together..just best wishes in coming years ahead..

Old 09-25-2005, 10:19 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeatrixFan
me too, I wish he would marry Princess Madeleine :( ..or someone who has the magic and charisma like his mom..

Old 09-25-2005, 11:21 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahoogie
me too, I wish he would marry Princess Madeleine :( ..or someone who has the magic and charisma like his mom..
hmmm, you give a very hard quest for Wills. Someone like his Mom was is difficult to find. Kate looks just fine for now.
Old 09-25-2005, 11:51 AM
Majesty

how many "girlfriends" has he had acording to the papers
Old 09-25-2005, 11:54 AM
Majesty

i do not think that william would say yes to a arranged marrige
Old 09-25-2005, 11:55 AM
Majesty

and if they met the press would be all over there would be no end to it
Old 09-26-2005, 09:58 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd_1
um, is that really kate's profile up there?
No, that profile is wrong. She is from UK.She is 5"11 or 5"10, not 5"7. Also her real name is Katherine.She was born in 1982, and she is about 2 or 3 months older than Prince William.
Old 09-26-2005, 10:21 PM
Nobility

Personally, I don't want them to get married; but yes, they will make a good couple.They have pretty much the same personalities.However, there is something about kate, that doesn't seem genuine.
Old 09-26-2005, 11:15 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by segolen
hmmm, you give a very hard quest for Wills. Someone like his Mom was is difficult to find. Kate looks just fine for now.

Prince William should not marry someone he is not in love with. Doesn't one think that should be one of the top lessons he learned from his parents' marriage??

Princess Madeleine may not be considered a suitable candidate despite her royal pedigree. She has had numerous boyfriends and has lived with some of them. Many are up in arms that William wants to live with Kate, but it would fine if he wanted to date and marry Princess Madeleine (who is more guilty of these "crimes") because she is a born royal. It is quite hypocritical.

Poster's Note: I have nothing personal against Princess Madeleine, I actually like her a lot. I was just interpreting things through what I have read throughout the threads about what William's wife should and should not be.
Old 09-28-2005, 04:20 AM
Nobility

I think William will marry a charming, charismatic possibly foreign commoner. Harry will marry a British aristocrat, like his mum. Beautiful, down to earth and cheeky too, just like him!
Old 09-28-2005, 09:57 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie Princess
I think William will marry a charming, charismatic possibly foreign commoner. Harry will marry a British aristocrat, like his mum. Beautiful, down to earth and cheeky too, just like him!
Well, I don't know, but so far, neither possibility seems likely. Kate is not a charismatic foreign commoner and Chelsy is anything but a British aristocrat.

Personally, I think both boys know they are too young to get serious about who they are going to marry yet. They will explore their horizons for years.
Old 09-28-2005, 10:01 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiaraprin
Prince William should not marry someone he is not in love with. Doesn't one think that should be one of the top lessons he learned from his parents' marriage??
Who ever said Diana and Charles didn't love each other when they got married? Both have said exactly the opposite, publicly and privately. They DID love each other, but the marriage broke down for many different reasons.

In my opinion, what William and Harry should have learned from the failure of their parents' marriage is to grow up first and make sure your future wife is ready and willing to sacrifice her life for royal duties.
Old 09-28-2005, 10:12 PM
Aristocracy

Kate Windsor :)

Kate seems to be of good character - down to earth and definitely not a gold digger. Many commoners involved with Royals are only after money and fame, but not Kate, it seems. She is discreet and respectable. I think she'd be as a good a candidate for marriage to Wills as any girl from a noble family - and Kate probably would be less of a snob too.

However, it seems a bit early to be speculating marriage as they are both young. Let them enjoy their singledom first, I say.
Old 09-29-2005, 07:14 PM
Royal Highness

why does everyone say that William is too young? he's 23 years old. how old does he have to be to get married. while i don't think he plans on getting married in the near future, if he did decide to marry soon he certainly wouldn't be too young. mistakes can happen at any age....look at his parents...one was too young and the other, apparently old enough!?
Old 09-29-2005, 07:24 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duchess
why does everyone say that William is too young? he's 23 years old. how old does he have to be to get married. while i don't think he plans on getting married in the near future, if he did decide to marry soon he certainly wouldn't be too young. mistakes can happen at any age....look at his parents...one was too young and the other, apparently old enough!?
If you're young, rich and very priviledge..I would too say that I was too young too get married...and plus I don't think Will has really got a chance to explore the market out there...

They make the best husbands!!!!!!
Closed Thread

Tags
marriage, prince harry, prince william