The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 06-04-2005, 12:06 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgia
I don't think William will marry a "royal" I actually think he and Kate are quite serious and she could be a future bride! I hope so as she seems really nice and more importantly discreet. On top of that it wouldn't do any harm for the inbreeding that exists within the royal families of Europe to miss out a couple of generations!!
Just a note, it is in fact illegal to marry your first cousin in England but not in Scotland!
i would agree with you!

Prince William chose Kate because she really cute both been together for years im not sure how long is! but both been good friend they later become girlfriend of Prince William

Sara Boyce

Old 06-04-2005, 03:04 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by sara1981
i would agree with you!

Prince William chose Kate because she really cute both been together for years im not sure how long is! but both been good friend they later become girlfriend of Prince William

Sara Boyce
I agree! I think Kate and Will make a cute couple. They probably won't get married for a long time (if they do), but I think they're cute together.

Old 06-04-2005, 10:14 PM
Gentry

If William were to marry a royal I don't think it would be Charlotte. Not only is she Catholic but she is also from a royal family with more scandals then the British one, quite an achievement! Also if he were marrying a royal for prestige reasons then a Monaco royal since the rest of the royal families of Europe seem to look down upon them. I think if there is a royal wedding joining two royal houses it will be to Madeline or Theodora. I think Theodora would be more likely since the two grew up knowing each other. But that's only if he marries a royal, which I doubt will actually happen.
Old 06-04-2005, 10:25 PM
Serene Highness

I think Charlotte is the only of the 3 royals (Charlotte, Theodora, Madeline) that has some degree of fame outside royal watchers circle, or their native country, so I guess that's why tabloids like to hook them up.
I know Theodora, and Madeline are both related to William (and to each other), but I don't Charlotte is. Anyone know of any blood connection between William and Charlotte?
Old 06-09-2005, 08:23 AM
Heir Apparent

i vot for marie christine of austria
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 06-09-2005, 01:50 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmpressRouge
I think Charlotte is the only of the 3 royals (Charlotte, Theodora, Madeline) that has some degree of fame outside royal watchers circle, or their native country, so I guess that's why tabloids like to hook them up.
I know Theodora, and Madeline are both related to William (and to each other), but I don't Charlotte is. Anyone know of any blood connection between William and Charlotte?
I think there isn`t any blood conection between Wills and Char. Only Char`s stepfather, ernest August von hannnover is cousin (or something like that) of the Queen, but i`ve heard that the Queen doesn`t like EA at all!!!

The british royals don`t like the Grimaldi`s, may be couse they have too much scandals (well, really with all Camilla.Charles story,they went down, i know the grimaldi`s -speccially Stephanie, and younger caroline- are worse, but the Windsors can`t talk so much now!!), they aren`t "royal"..., so the Queen perhaps doesn`t want that her grandson meet Char, it would be like down even more
Old 06-09-2005, 02:07 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
The british royals don`t like the Grimaldi`s, may be couse they have too much scandals
They saw them as "Too Hollywood". I think Queen Elizabeth's words were "Too many movie stars".
Old 06-09-2005, 09:28 PM
Nobility

too many movie stars :p
Old 06-18-2005, 08:42 PM
Commoner

I would just like to remind ya'll that actually all royals are actually kinda like commoners. Think about way back in the days, royals became royal usually becuase they fought their way there. They were commoners before they became royal. Also, sometimes, they did something courageous or fantastic and became a Sir or Lady, yet, they were also commoners.
Old 06-28-2005, 12:16 PM
Commoner

bad luck

I feel kind of bad for the furture wives of Prince Harry and Prince William. The reason being is because there is such a history of the bad treatment of wives in that family.

I.E.:
-extra marrital affairs, secrets
-stressful being in the media (bad criticism in many areas, for example, Princess Diana was well liked but there were some bad tabloid papers-remember the picture of Diana at the workout gym with spread legs, pretty embarrasing and sick on the part of the photographer!)
-courtiers in the royal household are demanding
-the royal wife has to "fit in" - that is, talk, dress, walk, and "act royal"
-it is also hard for a girl who is considered "middle class" to fit in with the upper British classes even if she is a social outgoing person

In other words, IT'S TOUGH BEING A WIFE IN THE BRITISH ROYAL FAMILY!

Old 07-12-2005, 10:29 AM
Aristocracy

hopefuly can William and Harry themselves their woman chooses so that they can be certainly happy and not like at prince Charles because then is that no happy marriage! I think, however, that prince William malignant enough themselves is its choose bride and listen to other!
Old 07-13-2005, 03:15 PM
Commoner

Just a quick question. If Prince William was to marry a non-British, do you think that the royal family wouldn't approve of an Asian girl or an African girl? Just becasue of their race/color? Sorry, if this is a stupid question.
Old 07-13-2005, 03:19 PM
Imperial Majesty

I don't think it matters if they approve or not. The Queen just has to give her consent, which I assume she'd do unless there were major problems with the proposed marriage. I have no idea how the various members of the royal family would react (I presume Prince Philip would manage to keep his "slitty-eyed" comments to himself if Prince William did take up with an east Asian girlfried), but it wouldn't make any difference in practical terms.
Old 07-13-2005, 04:12 PM
Serene Highness

I want to go back to an earlier post that refers to the meaning of the words "holy catholic (witha a lower case c) church". My understanding is that small "c" catholic means the "whole" or "universal" church before the Orthodox/Roman split. So for someone to say (s)he believes in the "holy catholic church" affirms his/her belief in ancient Christian traditions before the split. Does anyone else know about this?
Old 07-14-2005, 01:22 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emily
I want to go back to an earlier post that refers to the meaning of the words "holy catholic (witha a lower case c) church". My understanding is that small "c" catholic means the "whole" or "universal" church before the Orthodox/Roman split. So for someone to say (s)he believes in the "holy catholic church" affirms his/her belief in ancient Christian traditions before the split. Does anyone else know about this?
That is correct.
Old 07-20-2005, 01:28 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by blondebeauty123
I worry for Harry and Wills becuase when the time comes to pick a future princess for England the boys will want to marry a girl some what like their mother. That will create problems with the entire Royal Family .)
I agree with you, that a girl like Diana would have some HUGE PROBS with the royals, but I don't think that Harry goes after this image ( look Chelsy D.)
I'm not sure about Kate Middleton. She looks a bit more modest then Chelsy
Old 07-20-2005, 02:50 PM
Commoner

well I don't mean exactly like theri mothe rjust sort of a resembelance toward what she was like whether it be her smile or her personality. But like you segolen I am not sure about that b/c of kate middleton and chelsy D.
Old 07-27-2005, 03:55 PM
Heir Presumptive

I am glad that harry is in love. He needed to be, he seemed to be miserable for a while. I don't know much about her, but Chelsey must be a special girl to have gotten him to fall so deaply. I do think will try to replace his mom. As for Will he will marry for love, because he has to much of his mother in him to marry for the monarcy.
Old 07-28-2005, 11:36 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry's polo shirt
I am glad that harry is in love. He needed to be, he seemed to be miserable for a while. I don't know much about her, but Chelsey must be a special girl to have gotten him to fall so deaply. I do think will try to replace his mom. As for Will he will marry for love, because he has to much of his mother in him to marry for the monarcy.
I agree with most of it. I also believe that Wills will mary for love if he could LOL, but unfortunately,a normal middle class girl will not be able to share his interests. Therefore, a normal middle class girl won't be in his surroundings.
Old 08-09-2005, 09:23 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by sara1981
NO!

Prince William will chose perfect for future Queen of England and Crown Princess of Wales when he will chose girls in American or England! but i dont think so about he would getting married to cousin!

Sara Boyce
Why can his bride only be from America or England? Cant she come from Sweden Irland, Belgium, Spain or other countries??

Tags
marriage, prince harry, prince william