The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-27-2005, 10:01 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reina
I think they are a little easy on the virgin part. I think there are many suitable ladies that William is surrounded by, which means he will marry for love. Kate is a middle-class girl, but affluent.
I remember reading somewhere that they had Princess Diana checked before seh could marry Prince Charles to ensure her viginity. I'm sure Prince Charles would be more flexible but the Queen would probably want a virgin.

Old 04-28-2005, 01:00 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feberin
I remember reading somewhere that they had Princess Diana checked before seh could marry Prince Charles to ensure her viginity. I'm sure Prince Charles would be more flexible but the Queen would probably want a virgin.
doing such an eximanitaion is even not common in uncivilized countries

Old 04-28-2005, 01:08 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feberin
The royal family would want them to marry a virgin, non-catholic, wealth and well educated girl.
I think Feberin has said it perfectly.
Old 04-28-2005, 03:27 PM
Nobility

When you think of those attitudes and now look at Harry knocking about with Chelsey Davey it makes you laugh. Mind you Harry is hardly Mr. Classy himself so I think they suit each other.
Old 04-28-2005, 04:44 PM
Gentry

I'm sure William will marry eventually due to all the preasure. I don't see anything wrong with them marrying a girl similiar to their mother if they love her and have simliar interests with her (a big problem in their parents' marriage). I may be wrong but I don't think the Royal Family had any problems with Diana until after she started to "act out" against them when the marriage fell apart. I mean there were a number of things the royal family and Diana disagreed with but overall she was a rather ideal Princess, which was why Charles married.
Old 04-29-2005, 10:13 PM
Heir Presumptive

William seems to be content with Kate, who is unlike his mother. Harry on the other hand, has an Oedipus complex.
Old 04-29-2005, 11:10 PM
Aristocracy

i agree about the oedipus complex.
Old 04-29-2005, 11:34 PM
Nobility

What do you mean...I donīt see Harry with this complex..maybe you guys are exagerating...
Old 04-30-2005, 01:18 AM
Gentry

Jumping the gun

You are judging them like a psychiatrist who has them laying on the couch once a week. We don't know anything about them really only what the media wants us to know. Give them some time. They did the same thing to their mother after she passed- analyzing her. We dont know their psych makeup and based on the women we see them with we really dont know that much about them individually and the depth of their relationships. So chill. give it some time
Old 04-30-2005, 02:58 AM
Serene Highness

ksenia, I couldn't agree more!
Old 04-30-2005, 11:46 PM
Aristocracy

everything everyone does shows who they are. you can tell so much by just watching what they do; watching their mannerizisms. i am not analyzing them but i have noticed things about them.
Old 05-01-2005, 04:23 AM
Gentry

so...

what makes you think he has a oedipus conplex?
Old 05-01-2005, 08:45 AM
Aristocracy

A What complex?

I think they have seen the mistakes that both parents made in the marriage and will pick the right lady for them.
If William's wife has many qualities of Diana so be it. As long as he is happy and she understands what she is getting herself into. They have to work on their marriage not just their public image. If the marriage falls so will the public face of the couple. Diana was a truly good person but Charles and her were not meant to be and the marriage crumbled then their public image.
Their marriages will only be a problem if they don't learn from their parents mistakes and if they are not happy.
Old 05-01-2005, 06:17 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoseMary
A What complex?
Oedipus complex. Sorry, I was reading the Greek play last week.
Old 05-03-2005, 09:28 PM
Nobility

i think that if they're going to marry, they're going to marry them for love. and having a father who retorts "whatever love means " should give them the idea to form what is the definition of real love. and they also should know that marriage is a partnership. both have to work to make the marriage work. not only one. not like diana. alone in her struggle to make her marriage worked. again, marriage is a partnership. they should understand what that means before they actually settle down, and settle down for good.
Old 05-13-2005, 01:20 PM
Aristocracy

I just hope that if they get marry to marry someone that they really love and that will make them happy, even if they are not from novel blood happiness to me is what matter the most.. and unhappy man can not be ask to run a contry when he can not even run his household
Old 05-13-2005, 10:07 PM
Heir Presumptive

Yes, hopefully their marriges will be more successful than their parents'.
Old 05-19-2005, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren
The only legal restrictions on a marriage are by the Act of Settlement and the Royal Marriages Act:

* Up to the age of 25 he requires the permission of the Sovereign to marry;
* He can marry anyone, as long as she is not Roman Catholic.

If he does marry a Roman Catholic he forfeits his right to the Throne.

This is not the Queen's ruling, it is laid down by an Act of Parliament and can only be changed by the British Parliament.
If a royal cant marry a Roman Catholic and if he/she does they forfeit the right to the Throne....Then does this mean Prince Charles wont be King? seeing as Camilla his new wife is Catholic.
Old 05-19-2005, 06:41 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaileah
If a royal cant marry a Roman Catholic and if he/she does they forfeit the right to the Throne....Then does this mean Prince Charles wont be King? seeing as Camilla his new wife is Catholic.
Camilla is not Catholic. Her ex-husband was and (I think) they were married in a Catholic church. That's all. That doesn't make her Catholic.
Old 05-20-2005, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Binky
Camilla is not Catholic. Her ex-husband was and (I think) they were married in a Catholic church. That's all. That doesn't make her Catholic.
I heard that Camilla was Catholic.

Tags
marriage, prince harry, prince william