Preferred Wives For William and Harry

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
They are not children, I'm sure they know what they're doing. I think they'll be together for a while longer yet, but I don't see him marrying Kate in the end.

Re:

She's a commoner but then again, who in the Royal Family hasn't married a commoner?

Part of me hoped he would marry Princess Madeleine of Sweden but we can't have everything can we?! I think they'd be perfect for one another.

BeatrixFan said:
She's a commoner but then again, who in the Royal Family hasn't married a commoner?

Part of me hoped he would marry Princess Madeleine of Sweden but we can't have everything can we?! I think they'd be perfect for one another.

There is nothing, per se, preventing William from marrying a commoner, although I imagine the Queen and Prince Charles would be very cautious about it. Marrying William means becoming a future Princess of Wales and Queen Consort, so I'm sure they would want to ensure a commoner would understand the great sacrifice and pressures that would come with marriage.

I doubt William will marry a foreign princess such as Princess Madeleine. He doesn't really know any of them.

I kind of like how the other Princes in the World had X amount of girlfriends until they found "the one", I enjoyed reading about the current girlfriend and then seeing her turn into this wonderful Princess.

In all honesty I would be dissapointed if Kate married William, she is fine but I don't look at her and think "I want her to be my countries Princess". Maybe she is still too young but I guess I just want William to marry someone with a spark.

In the end I hope he finds someone he adores and if this is Kate then good luck to them but I would be honest enough to say I hope she is not the one.

William is with Kate-Whatever makes William happy,oh well, just best wishes..however, I wish he will not settle down too early,and he has to look around for more potential candidates, who knows, maybe there's more deserving girl there,born from nobility and he'll fall madly and settle down in his 30's..and of course the most important thing is that he's in love to whoever he chooses to marry not just following protocol..but its up to the Prince..He knows what is best for him..Currently, he's very happy and serious with Ms.Kate Middleton..Kate seems to be a fine lady, she and william look good together..just best wishes in coming years ahead..

BeatrixFan said:
me too, I wish he would marry Princess Madeleine :( ..or someone who has the magic and charisma like his mom..

Last edited:
Mahoogie said:
me too, I wish he would marry Princess Madeleine :( ..or someone who has the magic and charisma like his mom..

hmmm, you give a very hard quest for Wills. Someone like his Mom was is difficult to find. Kate looks just fine for now.

Last edited:
i do not think that william would say yes to a arranged marrige

and if they met the press would be all over there would be no end to it

cd_1 said:
um, is that really kate's profile up there?

No, that profile is wrong. She is from UK.She is 5"11 or 5"10, not 5"7. Also her real name is Katherine.She was born in 1982, and she is about 2 or 3 months older than Prince William.;)

Personally, I don't want them to get married; but yes, they will make a good couple.They have pretty much the same personalities.However, there is something about kate, that doesn't seem genuine.:confused:

segolen said:
hmmm, you give a very hard quest for Wills. Someone like his Mom was is difficult to find. Kate looks just fine for now.

Prince William should not marry someone he is not in love with. Doesn't one think that should be one of the top lessons he learned from his parents' marriage??

Princess Madeleine may not be considered a suitable candidate despite her royal pedigree. She has had numerous boyfriends and has lived with some of them. Many are up in arms that William wants to live with Kate, but it would fine if he wanted to date and marry Princess Madeleine (who is more guilty of these "crimes") because she is a born royal. It is quite hypocritical.

Poster's Note: I have nothing personal against Princess Madeleine, I actually like her a lot. I was just interpreting things through what I have read throughout the threads about what William's wife should and should not be.

I think William will marry a charming, charismatic possibly foreign commoner. Harry will marry a British aristocrat, like his mum. Beautiful, down to earth and cheeky too, just like him!

Last edited:
Aussie Princess said:
I think William will marry a charming, charismatic possibly foreign commoner. Harry will marry a British aristocrat, like his mum. Beautiful, down to earth and cheeky too, just like him!

Well, I don't know, but so far, neither possibility seems likely. Kate is not a charismatic foreign commoner and Chelsy is anything but a British aristocrat.

Personally, I think both boys know they are too young to get serious about who they are going to marry yet. They will explore their horizons for years.

tiaraprin said:
Prince William should not marry someone he is not in love with. Doesn't one think that should be one of the top lessons he learned from his parents' marriage??

Who ever said Diana and Charles didn't love each other when they got married? Both have said exactly the opposite, publicly and privately. They DID love each other, but the marriage broke down for many different reasons.

In my opinion, what William and Harry should have learned from the failure of their parents' marriage is to grow up first and make sure your future wife is ready and willing to sacrifice her life for royal duties.

Kate Windsor :)

Kate seems to be of good character - down to earth and definitely not a gold digger. Many commoners involved with Royals are only after money and fame, but not Kate, it seems. She is discreet and respectable. I think she'd be as a good a candidate for marriage to Wills as any girl from a noble family - and Kate probably would be less of a snob too.

However, it seems a bit early to be speculating marriage as they are both young. Let them enjoy their singledom first, I say.

why does everyone say that William is too young? he's 23 years old. how old does he have to be to get married. while i don't think he plans on getting married in the near future, if he did decide to marry soon he certainly wouldn't be too young. mistakes can happen at any age....look at his parents...one was too young and the other, apparently old enough!?

Duchess said:
why does everyone say that William is too young? he's 23 years old. how old does he have to be to get married. while i don't think he plans on getting married in the near future, if he did decide to marry soon he certainly wouldn't be too young. mistakes can happen at any age....look at his parents...one was too young and the other, apparently old enough!?

If you're young, rich and very priviledge..I would too say that I was too young too get married...and plus I don't think Will has really got a chance to explore the market out there...

Different strokes for different folks. Not everyone is the same. While X might be too young (emotionally) to get married at 23 Y might appear to be older and wiser than his peers. William appears to be a sensible and mature young man (of course we don't really KNOW him) of 23! He has seen the shaky marriage of his parents, the nasty divorce and all that came with it, and the premature death of his mother at the age of 36. Who knows how that has impacted her children. Now I am not encouraging him to get married, because unfortunately for his position, he needs to get it "right" the first time. The House of Windsor doesn't need a lot ex princessess running around the world. But he should learn from his father...sometimes your first love does not come back around. I am sure he will do it when he feels its right....that could be at 24 or 37.

I think there is a HUGE difference between an ordinary 23 year old getting married and a Prince getting married at that age.

If William married then he and Kate would never be thrust into the public eye and public duties, Diana was very young when she had to take on this role but she had a much older husband.

I just think that William should be allowed to date who he wants, enjoy life, see what is out there in the big World and then maybe late 20's early 30's think about marriage.

in case, I just hope kate would not be too much involved with W. She should have her own life, so she can take any wind.

A marriage for Prince William is a matter of state and must be carefully considered. He's not just any 23 year old; he's a future King. I think he will proceed very sensibly and cautiously before entertaining marriage.

He knows the most important thing for him right now is to continue growing as a person in his experiences and taking on more duties. That has to be his first priority.

To paraphrase branchg, let us not underestimate the intelligence of Prince William. He would be more aware than any of us of the importance of his choice of marriage partner. Whatever happens, we can be pretty certain he will not be rushing into anything. In any case he has known Kate for four years, so we could term it a "long-term relationship."

I do think William should experience other relationships but on the other hand, if he believes Kate is the one, why waste time with other people? It will all be very interesting no matter what happens. I personally wouldn't mind a Queen Kate but we'll see how William feels.

I think that he shouldn't....to me....she just doesn't seem as if she really supports William because in all the headlines and newspapers, she's never with him on his trips to help other countries.
AsianRedneck

One of the reasons Kate is not on these trips with Will is that they might be official trips. Girlfriends, I believe, are technically not allowed to accompany royal boyfriends to official functions until they are engaged. Besides if he's in another country for awhile you can't just expect her to give up everything in her life right now because her boyfriend is somewhere else. She isn't bound to "official" expectation yet...and maybe she'll never be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom