The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 11-13-2007, 02:41 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo of Palatine View Post
It shows a lack of responsibility and while I believe the elder and higher ranked officers have done their best to install that feeling in Harry (and William), I have the feeling they failed.
Unfortunately they probably have the same feeling as you Jo.

Old 11-13-2007, 10:20 PM
Administrator

Based on some of the posts here...it sounds like everyone has totally written William and Harry off as non productive members of society. They are not the only people in their age group who like to party hard.

Now, I will agree that in some instances, they have both shown bad judgement and they need to remember that they are not ordinary boys/men. And the public expects certain things from them and press would love to catch them in non desirable situations (snorting vodka, wearing a Nazi uniform, etc.) WITH ALL THAT IN MIND...I am hopeful that they will both "grow" into their positions..and show a little class and discretion.

I don't know them personally, but I do know that the Zonk at 39 (that's my age) is not the same person I was at 26! I would imagine it will be the same for them. Don't give up on them yet!

Old 11-14-2007, 06:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonk View Post
I don't know them personally, but I do know that the Zonk at 39 (that's my age) is not the same person I was at 26! I would imagine it will be the same for them. Don't give up on them yet!
I am trying hard not to give up on them! It's not easy sometimes but I am hanging in there!!!!
Old 11-14-2007, 07:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonk View Post
Based on some of the posts here...it sounds like everyone has totally written William and Harry off as non productive members of society. They are not the only people in their age group who like to party hard.
They are however, the only people in their age group who are members of the Royal Family. Their excuse for their behaviour seems to be that they are ordinary guys - well, they're not. A little more is expected from them than Joe public. They make sacrifices but they're well compensated - that's the way monarchy works.
Old 11-14-2007, 07:58 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeatrixFan View Post
They are however, the only people in their age group who are members of the Royal Family. Their excuse for their behaviour seems to be that they are ordinary guys - well, they're not. A little more is expected from them than Joe public. They make sacrifices but they're well compensated - that's the way monarchy works.
Yes indeed, if they want to behave like chavs.......
Old 11-15-2007, 11:20 AM

What's a chav?
Old 11-15-2007, 11:30 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasiraghiTrio View Post

What's a chav?
For what it's worth, here's what wiki has to say: Chav
Old 11-15-2007, 11:32 AM
Imperial Majesty

Chav: English and Internet culture

Chav - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Old 12-14-2007, 05:38 PM
Commoner

they are very mush normal yes they have other obligations to full fill sence they are Royal but they are young and stile trying to figuar life out it is not as easy with out there mother around they are growing up and starting to take there place in the world it just takes time william will make a great King some day.
Old 01-10-2008, 10:36 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon View Post
Yes indeed, if they want to behave like chavs.......
Love the translation for that word. I think there are quite a few people here that would fit into that category that I'm aware of. Absolutely fabulous, I could make that comment and they would have no idea what I was talking about. Woohoo! Seriously though, I keep keep thinking that someday that precious boy, or, young man will be the King of England and he has been groomed to take on that position dont you all think? I would hope he still has something of his mother in him. I would hope he didnt lose her passion for life, her longing to just be "normal" somewhat, her ability to love and take chances whenever possible. It would be rather disappointing to think that he has become another royal robot who has no personality, no zest for life, a total grandmas boy. I would hope he would bring some very needed change into the family , since we are in the 21st century last time I looked.
Maybe he is hiding his personality on the basis that he doesnt want to make himself vulnerable to anyone, he doesnt want to be hounded by the paparrazi as much as his mother was. Possibility?
Old 01-10-2008, 11:01 PM
Imperial Majesty

You don't think the Queen has any personality?
Old 01-10-2008, 11:28 PM
Courtier

Your comment is spot-on, Elspeth. Without HM the Queen, they'd all be in dire straits, just now.

Her Majesty has proved responsive, adaptable, understanding and honourable.

If this doesn't denote character and an admirable personality, I don't know what does!
Old 01-10-2008, 11:32 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elspeth View Post
You don't think the Queen has any personality?
Not hardly Elspeth. Honestly now, you cant possibly think that she does, do you? She is just so boring and plain but I attribute that to her upbringing. Its not her fault of course.
Old 01-10-2008, 11:37 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polly View Post
Your comment is spot-on, Elspeth. Without HM the Queen, they'd all be in dire straits, just now.

Her Majesty has proved responsive, adaptable, understanding and honourable.

If this doesn't denote character and an admirable personality, I don't know what does!
I'm not saying she isn't honorable and adaptable and courageous etc,etc, I'm saying she has a very plain personality, no vitality, no excitement, everything is so dull with her. Thats why I said I would hope Wills would have some of his mom in him and not be like his grandma or his dad for that matter. Btw, didnt mean to raise the hairs on anyones backs, necks, whatever the saying is, it's just my opinion.
Old 01-10-2008, 11:40 PM
Super Moderator

Unfortunately (or fortunately), being bland is the only way to not be controversial. Extreme personalities put people off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyGabrielle View Post
I'm not saying she isn't honorable and adaptable and courageous etc,etc, I'm saying she has a very plain personality, no vitality, no excitement, everything is so dull with her.
Only her public personality, if even that can be described as such.
Old 01-10-2008, 11:52 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by wbenson View Post
Unfortunately (or fortunately), being bland is the only way to not be controversial. Extreme personalities put people off.

Only her public personality, if even that can be described as such.
So you are saying that behind closed doors she is whistling and telling jokes and being "normalish". Am I to believe that she is completely different than how we see her?
Old 01-10-2008, 11:55 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Not hardly Elspeth. Honestly now, you cant possibly think that she does, do you?
Yes.

Quote:
She is just so boring and plain but I attribute that to her upbringing. Its not her fault of course.
I think personality is innate. Her upbringing may well be the reason for her reserve, but the word from people who know her is that along with her serious and dutiful outlook on life, she's an honest and reliable person with a strong sense of humour and a quick wit. Sounds like a perfectly good personality to me.
Old 01-10-2008, 11:58 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
I'm not saying she isn't honorable and adaptable and courageous etc,etc, I'm saying she has a very plain personality, no vitality, no excitement, everything is so dull with her. Thats why I said I would hope Wills would have some of his mom in him and not be like his grandma or his dad for that matter.
I think it'd be good if William combined aspects of his mother's personality with aspects of his father's personality. I'm sure you won't get any disagreement about hoping that he'll be a compassionate person, but I for one could do without the manipulative behaviour and histrionics that were his mother's stock in trade along with her better points.
Old 01-11-2008, 12:29 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
I think it'd be good if William combined aspects of his mother's personality with aspects of his father's personality. I'm sure you won't get any disagreement about hoping that he'll be a compassionate person, but I for one could do without the manipulative behaviour and histrionics that were his mother's stock in trade along with her better points.
Agreed and well put. Both attributes would round things out quite nicely.
Old 01-11-2008, 12:33 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Yes.

I think personality is innate. Her upbringing may well be the reason for her reserve, but the word from people who know her is that along with her serious and dutiful outlook on life, she's an honest and reliable person with a strong sense of humour and a quick wit. Sounds like a perfectly good personality to me.
I wonder if she is anything like the movie portrayed her. I suppose she did have a sense of humor and compassionate qualities although serious and stiff when she needed to be.

Tags
prince william