Meghan Markle: Family and Background - November 2017-May 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s not trashy for some of the family to release some of family videos of Meghan. This happened to Catherine too. We got tons of pictures, family and friends account of her childhood, etc.

It goes with the territory. I know we like to think this is a huge media problem, but it really isn’t. It all goes away after a while.

Yeah definitely disagree. If you really cared and respected them you would never exploit them. These situations shows people's character plenty.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah definitely disagree. If you really cared and respected them you would never exploit them. These situations shows people's character plenty.

True. The family shouldn’t exploit Meghan. I’m just saying that we’re going to get some childhood footage of Meghan. Some friends will talk and put out photos. The royals and Palace officials know this.

None of us royal watchers particularly like this, but this comes with the territory of marrying someone like Harry. This is what Catherine had to put up with for nearly a decade.

Possibly because it will not be a small wedding, MissJersey, and family is family. There will be others at the wedding who are not close either and an invitation will be afforded due to political or protocol reasons.
Meghan's siblings are causing problems and attention with the press that hopefully stops soon. Can it get any worse?

These canaries are going to chirp either way. Why should/would Meghan contribute to that possibility?

We’re going to get some details about the wedding reception\party. The media will be nagging and somebody will give in. That’s how the cookie crumbles.

Of course information will be leaked about the reception like William and Kate's. And like theirs, it will be blamed on guests likely. We have no idea. Honestly it could be anyone from either side, well not the royal family, who would feed the information to the press. If promised anonymity as a 'inside source'.

True. The family shouldn’t exploit Meghan. I’m just saying that we’re going to get some childhood footage of Meghan. Some friends will talk and put out photos. The royals and Palace officials know this.

None of us royal watchers particularly like this, but this comes with the territory of marrying someone like Harry. This is what Catherine had to put up with for nearly a decade.

I think we are all aware the palace knows this. They know everything about Meghan. None of this is a surprise or will change anything. Not really the point. Meghan, like Catherine, will always have to deal with this crap. And it is also rich to hear them whine about the media when they are willingly volunteering their personal information.

Family that betrayed you and sold you out for money is worse than people you have to invite due to protocol. I don't know if it can get worse, but it's been over a year and these people still can't keep their comments to themselves, so I'm not holding my breath that this will stop.

Totally agree! And I also agree Dman that snippets about the reception will come out. King of the Jungle, I wouldn’t invite backstabbers and give them that opportunity.

Last edited:
Totally agree! And I also agree Dman that snippets about the reception will come out.—but I wouldn’t invite backstabbers and give them that opportunity.

That’s just it...you really can’t weed everybody out. You can not invite folks who you know can’t be trusted and who annoy you anyway, but there will be some folks who are invited, who will give out a few snippets here and there. It’s not right, but it’s going to happen. The media will make up some stuff and there will be some factual information from some folks who were there.

The part I don’t like is the private family and friends extremely personal drama being put out in the media. It’s normal personal issues, but it’s none of our business. Meghan half sister tweeting stuff irked me. Now she’s singing a different tune. It’s just stuff we didn’t need to know about. It was about book sales to her, IMO.

Last edited:
I have faith Meghan will have the decorum not to expose the British Royal Family to potential exploitation and ridicule by inviting the estranged distant relatives to her wedding.

Why on earth should Meghan invite these people who not that long ago had been ncredibly nasty about her and have so far shown a distinct lack of discretion, selling her out for cash and attention at every turn? They can’t seem to shut up about her to the press/media or on social media. The father’s other children, the half-brother’s son, they are all cashing in on Meghan with no regard for her feelings.

I feel it’d be a grave error of judgement inviting that lot into her family life so it’s best Meghan maintains her distance imo. She’s an only child of her mum Doria and was raised as such with a different upbringing in a separate household after her parents divorce as a youngster. Her previous contacts with the ‘half siblings’ have been minimal at best.

Not inviting people who are continually - inconsiderate, exploitive, to ones wedding is nothing to do with being “kind”. And everything to do with pure common sense.

Right Dman, as I say, it’s a no win situation that can’t be controlled unfortunately. The happiness of Harry and Meghan’s day should be just that without the drama from family.

I have faith Meghan will have the decorum not to expose the British Royal Family to potential exploitation and ridicule by inviting the estranged distant relatives to her wedding.

Why on earth should Meghan invite these people who not that long ago had been incredibly nasty about her and have so far shown a distinct lack of discretion, selling her out for cash and attention at every turn? They can’t seem to shut up about her to the press/media or on social media. The father’s other children, the half-brother’s son, they are all cashing in on Meghan with no regards to her feelings.

I feel it’d be a grave error of judgement inviting that lot into her family life so it’s best Meghan maintains her distance imo. She’s an only child of her mum Doria and was raised as such with a different upbringing in a separate household after her parents divorce as a youngster. Her previous contacts with the half siblings have been minimal at best.

Not inviting people who are continually - inconsiderate, exploitive to ones wedding is nothing to do with being “unkind”. And everything to do with pure common sense.

Its not a matter her parents were divorced, that she was raised in a different household then the others :ermm:

Meghan wasn't raised by Doria as a single mom (in that only one parent involved). Though different houses, her parents both actively raised her. She had two houses and two loving parents that seem to be continually ignored. The reason she had little contact with her half siblings was not because of lack of contact with her dad. It was because of a massive age difference between her and her half siblings who were almost grown when she was born (closer in age to her nieces and nephews).

Its not a matter her parents were divorced, that she was raised in a different household then the others :ermm:

Meghan wasn't raised by Doria as a single mom (in that only one parent involved). Though different houses, her parents both actively raised her. She had two houses and two loving parents that seem to be continually ignored. The reason she had little contact with her half siblings was not because of lack of contact with her dad. It was because of a massive age difference between her and her half siblings who were almost grown when she was born (closer in age to her nieces and nephews).

I agree. Meghan is close to both her parents. She spent Thanksgiving with them last year. Doria is more active and Meghan lived with her more but Thomas Sr wasn't a dead beat dad by any means. He provided for Meghan and gave her all he could (putting her in expensive schools). Her siblings were in their teens when she was born. Meghan is only 4 years older than one of her nieces who she is pretty close to. The dynamics are different.

Tom Jr and Samantha opened themselves up to scrutiny when they went to the press. I think they didn't count on the public backlash and negative stories about them written by the media they courted.

Has anyone noticed that Meghan's ex husband and ex boyfriend haven't spoken out lately? It could end careers if they go one the attack.

:previous: I don't think it would 'end careers' for them to make a statement about the relationship. Especially not for a chef like Cory. I think it speaks more to the civil breakup she had with both of them. Just like Harry's ex's haven't been speaking about him either in the media.

I find it humorous when people think it is only the commoner relations who have to worry. There are exes, friends, and family on both sides (thinking Spencers) who could be an issue with press.

Megan's ex boyfriend did have some unique timing with a chicken video :D

Meghan Markle's ex shares chicken cooking video a day after Prince Harry reveals he proposed while 'trying' to roast one - Mirror Online

The ex hubby is creating a show about a man dealing with the fact his ex wife is marrying a royal. I mean...

Last edited:
Ha ha ha, that is funny. It's a comedy I hope.

It is. It is about a couple with kids though, and having to share custody with a royal step parent. More along lines of Haakon and MM and Marius' father. Said it came about when Trevor and his friend who are doing the show pilot, were talking about if Trevor and Meghan had kids before divorcing.

The funny thing is that her brother is now whining to the press that it is Meghan's fault that her family are being picked apart in the news. That is rich coming from him.

I hate she might invite them just to be a bigger person and to likely shut them up. They getting rewarded for their awfulness.

Here is the article of Tom Jr blaming Meghan https://www.usmagazine.com/celebrit...er-blames-royal-engagement-for-drunken-fight/

This is absolutely terrible.

As for Meghan inviting these people. I wouldn't, but she's not me. She knows what's best for her. IMHO inviting estranged family, who have sold you out to the media is different than inviting strangers because you have a huge wedding and seats to fill.

It is. It is about a couple with kids though, and having to share custody with a royal step parent. More along lines of Haakon and MM and Marius' father. Said it came about when Trevor and his friend who are doing the show pilot, were talking about if Trevor and Meghan had kids before divorcing.

Yeah they tried to play it off like it isn't really about Meghan. Mmmkay. Not that I am surprised he would try to capitalize off it. He is a producer after all. It is just a little on the nose.

Meghan will do whatever makes her feel right.

What stress has Tom Jnr been under? One of British journalists (and now US ones) ringing him offering big bucks for a comment or photos every five minutes? I doubt that people in his home town are pointing him out on the street, lol! The stress could all be cured by a simple 'I'm not saying anything more to anyone'.

For ages I've advocated ignoring these relatives, but it might well be better if Meghan was the bigger person and invited Tom, embarrassing as he has been. He's so proud of her and it would be such a big event for him. When he arrives for the wedding with his girlfriend she could then have a word with him about keeping the mouth zipped for the rest of his life!

I’m sorry, but permitting into your life family who constantly demonstrate disloyalty and indiscretion is asking for trouble.

The estranged half relations weren’t at her first wedding for a reason and I don’t see why that has to change this time around.

Errr, she did live with her mum after the divorce, her mum Doria did raise her as an only child because she is her only child. And I never said Meghan didn’t spend time with her dad either or that he didn’t play a part in raising her too.:ermm:

Meghan describes herself as only child and Harry’s “family she never had” comment is the real clue.

The estranged half relations weren’t at her first wedding for a reason and I don’t see why that has to change this time around.

Exactly so. :flowers: I agree. That should be indication enough. They are not really 'in touch'.

Meghan describes herself as only child and Harry’s “family she never had” comment is the real clue.

I agree here, too. :flowers: I think Harry's comment was an honest reveal and perspective.

I think it is perfectly okay if Meghan forgives these relatives, but that doesn't mean they get a free ride to the best show in town. Meghan would be expected to pay for everything, flights, accommodation, transport, clothes, etc. and then there is the uncertainty that they will behave as decent guests.

Errr, she did live with her mum after the divorce, her mum Doria did raise her as an only child because she is her only child. And I never said Meghan didn’t spend time with her dad either or that he didn’t play a part in raising her too.:ermm:

She was an only child of her mom......but what of her dad?

She grew up in a different household.....no she grew up in 2 households.

While Doria may have had primary custody, you make it sound like Doria raised her alone. She grew up in Doria's house. She grew up with Doria as an only child. While in fact she grew up in 2 households. She grew up with her dad as well as her mom. She may have been Doria's only child, but she isn't Tom's only child.

Again it has NOTHING to do with her parents being divorced. Even if they weren't divorced, nothing would change. Or if Tom had primary custody. Her siblings were grown up and out of the house. No matter what she was never going to be raised in a house with siblings in the house full time.

Big family Christmas she never had. Many people who only grew up with their parents would feel the same. Or had to split their Christmases between two homes. If Diana had lived longer after her divorce, and the boys had to divide Christmases between two parents, it would have changed a bit for them as well.

I have a question about this *2 households* that Meghan grew up in, just how much time, how many days, weeks, months and years did she grow up in her mother's home and then in her dad's home? I think that would tell who had more of an influence on her as a child then anything else.

I have a question about this *2 households* that Meghan grew up in, just how much time, how many days, weeks, months and years did she grow up in her mother's home and then in her dad's home? I think that would tell who had more of an influence on her as a child then anything else.

I think the amount of time she spent with each parent varied over time. There has been an in-depth investigative reporting on her childhood in one piece and I believe some of the information from there. It seem that she lived with her mom first, but at another point had to live with her dad mostly due to Doria taking a job as a flight attendant. That job can cause her to be away from home for days at a time. Meghan has also said in the past that, for 10 years, she was on the set of MWC due to her dad’s work every day after school. So it does seem like both parents were active in her life as she was growing up. And it seemed that Tom has had profound effect on his daughter’s life. We obviously have heard the story about the racially mixed family of dolls and drawing her own box, but Meghan has also talked about her love of handwritten notes coming from her father. She said in a previous interview that she still keeps the note her father wrote to her when she got the role on Suits close to her. And obviously we can see Doria is actively involved in her daughter’s life as well.

She was an only child of her mom......but what of her dad?

She grew up in a different household.....no she grew up in 2 households.

While Doria may have had primary custody, you make it sound like Doria raised her alone. She grew up in Doria's house. She grew up with Doria as an only child. While in fact she grew up in 2 households. She grew up with her dad as well as her mom. She may have been Doria's only child, but she isn't Tom's only child.

Again it has NOTHING to do with her parents being divorced. Even if they weren't divorced, nothing would change. Or if Tom had primary custody. Her siblings were grown up and out of the house. No matter what she was never going to be raised in a house with siblings in the house full time.

Big family Christmas she never had. Many people who only grew up with their parents would feel the same. Or had to split their Christmases between two homes. If Diana had lived longer after her divorce, and the boys had to divide Christmases between two parents, it would have changed a bit for them as well.

I didn’t make it ‘sound’ like her dad didn’t play a part in her upbringing, that was your interpretation and yours only. Fact still remains she primarily lived with her mum and was mainly brought up by her after the divorce. She spent time with her dad and he provided for her, sure, as did her mother.

You’re completely off base here mentioning Diana & the impact of the length of time she had with her sons. Meghan spent her first Christmas with Harry, his brother and family, she clearly had a great time. I haven’t disputed that Harry and Meghan are both from broken homes or that they share an experience of having to spend time with two parents separately so there was no reason to have brought that up.

I think the amount of time she spent with each parent varied over time. There has been an in-depth investigative reporting on her childhood in one piece and I believe some of the information from there. It seem that she lived with her mom first, but at another point had to live with her dad mostly due to Doria taking a job as a flight attendant. That job can cause her to be away from home for days at a time. Meghan has also said in the past that, for 10 years, she was on the set of MWC due to her dad’s work every day after school. So it does seem like both parents were active in her life as she was growing up. And it seemed that Tom has had profound effect on his daughter’s life. We obviously have heard the story about the racially mixed family of dolls and drawing her own box, but Meghan has also talked about her love of handwritten notes coming from her father. She said in a previous interview that she still keeps the note her father wrote to her when she got the role on Suits close to her. And obviously we can see Doria is actively involved in her daughter’s life as well.

Thank you very much Jacqui24 for explaining all this to me. I don't really follow much of Meghan's life before this involvement with Harry came along and even now it really is all about waiting for the wedding.

What’s with being a “only child “ as if it’s some shocking thing. A lot of people are only children for whatever reason ( some because their parents couldn’t have more others chose one child. ). Having a big family around for Xmas isn’t the be all. Why are we talking about it as if she is deprived of something. The same of children of divorced parents. It’s very very common these days .. she had a childhood like a lot of others.

Meghan loves her dad. No denying that. She refers to herself as an only child growing up because she was. She was raised as one basically. I'm sure she really only saw her half siblings during the holidays. She has nieces and nephews closer in age to her. Meghan talks about how her friends are her family all the time.

The Suits cast have started promoting the second half of season 7. Her co star Sarah says she still in touch with Meghan and was respectfully coy about her. All this time and non of them still haven't revealed anything. Respect to them. That's a real friend.. I think they will all be at the wedding.

With reading all of the concerns about Meghan's half siblings and possibly attending the wedding.

Most likely, the most sensible thing to do is not invite these people to attend the wedding or any part of the celebrations. There are just too many different concerns with the half siblings and I'm sure that Meghan has many other people that are actually closer to her that she'll wish to invite.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom