Meghan Markle: Family and Background - November 2017-May 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

soapstar

Super Moderator
Site Team
City
Hermosa Beach
Country
United States
Welcome to Meghan Markle's Family and Background Thread

This thread is for discussing Meghan's family, as well as her background - acting career, education, etc.

Her mother Doria Ragland, has a master's degree in social work and works as a psychotherapist and yoga instructor.

Her father Thomas W. Markle is an Emmy Award-winning lighting director. He use to take her to work on the set of Married with Children. He is a descendant of King John as are 42 U.S. Presidents out of 44. The 2 who are not are Martin Van Buren and Donald Trump. He is also distantly related to Prince Harry through a common ancestor of Queen Elizabeth The Queen Mother.

Inside Edition went to her mother’s house for their reporting. Private security is posted outside of her home and is dealing with media by giving them the official statement released from Meghan’s parents on KP letterhead.

Meghan's mama has a security detail outside her house in Los Angeles.

Why? I think hardly anyone would disturb her. That would only make sense if Meghan was around and she is not.

Did Kate's parents also got security between the engagement and the wedding?

Why? I think hardly anyone would disturb her. That would only make sense if Meghan was around and she is not.

Several media outlets have camped out outside of her house. At one point, there was a police car parked there due to concerns over them camping out. Also, she's been followed by photographers when she went back to work on Tuesday.

We have to keep in mind that this isn't just British media, but also US media. US does have more relaxed laws about what they can and can't publish.

Last edited:
Several media outlets have camped out outside of her house. At one point, there was a police car parked there due to concerns over them camping out. Also, she's been followed by photographers when she went back to work on Tuesday.

We have to keep in mind that this isn't just British media, but also US media. US does have more relaxed laws about what they can and can't publish.

Thanks for the information. I am quite sure they wouldn't do it if it wasn't necessary. I guess Meghan's mother would prefer for the press to leaver her alone but if they don't but follow and disturb her, it makes sense that she gets some form of protection. It is a pity that it is needed.

Thanks for the information. I am quite sure they wouldn't do it if it wasn't necessary. I guess Meghan's mother would prefer for the press to leaver her alone but if they don't but follow and disturb her, it makes sense that she gets some form of protection. It is a pity that it is needed.

Since the security was there on Monday, I'm thinking they anticipated this and got ahead of it because of what happened last November. In Harry's statement, one of the things he specifically mentioned was how Doria had to struggle to get to and from her car to her front door.

It’d be private security though not RPO. So that means Meghan or Harry or both are paying out of pocket and I’m sad to see she needs it but I believe the Middleton’s also has I problem with security. I don’t know if they paid for any private security for them.

This kind of security is definitely out of pocket. We just don't know whose pockets its coming from. Definitely not the Metropolitan Police that provides for the RPOs with taxpayer funds.

My guess is Meghan and/or Harry are paying for her mom's PPO.

LaRae

Of course the press will be annoying Doria. It's what they do. I'm glad she has security.

I'm pretty sure the police were at Kate's parents' house the day they announced William and Kate's engagement.

Kate's Parents aren't African Americans living in a very highly racially divided Country at the moment. Meghan's Mother is & sadly, this news doesn't surprise me.

Kate’s parents had plenty of issues with security. They sued the press a couple times over the years for issues with trepassing and intrusion. The Middletons experienced very harsh treatment for years do to their social class and the high interest of the press(Kate in particular). It has nothing to do with her race but with the interest in her daughter. Yes, the US has issues with races but I don’t think it needs to be overexaggerated. No one is showing up at Doria’s door because she is African American. I think this is probably an area where Kate can definitely relate and support Meghan over others including Harry especially considering how long and brutal the coverage of Kate was.

Kate’s parents had plenty of issues with security. They sued the press a couple times over the years for issues with trepassing and intrusion. The Middletons experienced very harsh treatment for years do to their social class and the high interest of the press(Kate in particular). It has nothing to do with her race but with the interest in her daughter. Yes, the US has issues with races but I don’t think it needs to be overexaggerated. No one is showing up at Doria’s door because she is African American. I think this is probably an area where Kate can definitely relate and support Meghan over others including Harry especially considering how long and brutal the coverage of Kate was.

Not only Kate. I bet Will and Kate and Harry could pull an all nighter sitting around and telling Meghan the horror stories of press harassment and intrusion. It is no wonder that these four people will strive so much to keep their private lives private and Harry and Meghan's courtship is a prime example. It was so far under the radar that news reports was few and far between.

Sadly thought, the race issue is not going to go away and even the mainstream media isn't doing it any good. Happened to glance at Fox News shortly after the engagement announcement and it sickened me to see that they actually had a panel of "experts" talking of the implications of Meghan being biracial and marrying into the BRF. I shut it off. We have a Nutmeg and a Ginger and that's the kind of spice I like. (Thanks Maia for coming up with that one). :D

Not only Kate. I bet Will and Kate and Harry could pull an all nighter sitting around and telling Meghan the horror stories of press harassment and intrusion. It is no wonder that these four people will strive so much to keep their private lives private and Harry and Meghan's courtship is a prime example. It was so far under the radar that news reports was few and far between.

Sadly thought, the race issue is not going to go away and even the mainstream media isn't doing it any good. Happened to glance at Fox News shortly after the engagement announcement and it sickened me to see that they actually had a panel of "experts" talking of the implications of Meghan being biracial and marrying into the BRF. I shut it off. We have a Nutmeg and a Ginger and that's the kind of spice I like. (Thanks Maia for coming up with that one). :D

I agree about the horror stories but I mean specifically as a royal girlfriend and fiancée. That’s not something William and Harry who have lived with RPO can have fully experienced. It’s a very different thing.

I don’t particularly can for the media, particularly American media, is making such a huge deal of her race. It’s not her defining characteristic. She’s more than that.

I’ve always been curious about security and who does the threat assessments.

I don’t particularly can for the media, particularly American media, is making such a huge deal of her race. It’s not her defining characteristic. She’s more than that.

I don't think it's particularly the American media. The British media has been focused on it a lot. BBC even had a segment with three commentators talking about how this changes racial issues in Britain. It seems that her being biracial has received more focus as her being different than prior royal spouse than the fact that she's an American divorcee that will be HRH.

I don't think it's particularly the American media. The British media has been focused on it a lot. BBC even had a segment with three commentators talking about how this changes racial issues in Britain. It seems that her being biracial has received more focus as her being different than prior royal spouse than the fact that she's an American divorcee that will be HRH.

I was wondering whether the British media was talking about it, but I couldn’t speak on the issue because I’m not British and have no idea. How much would you say her race is being talked about?

I was wondering whether the British media was talking about it, but I couldn’t speak on the issue because I’m not British and have no idea. How much would you say her race is being talked about?

I would say in every commentator narrative I've seen, there is always a mention of her being biracial. I'm obviously not in Britain either, but I've been streaming a couple of channels online and also watching clips that gets put up on Youtube. No doubt the reporters are really excited about it and less grumpy than they usually are.

In any discussion with friends/colleagues, Meghan's bi-racial identity is never mentioned. :huh: Major point of interest is that she is American, and (in our case) a Los Angeles native, a 'local girl'. :flowers:

Inside Edition: See Meghan Markle on ‘90s Nickelodeon Show After Protesting Sexist Commercial

This is the story that Meghan told in her UN Women speech. Inside Edition found the old interview in the children's news show in the 90s. I know some people have questioned the authenticity of that story in the past, but with the new engagement news, they went digging. It's absolutely true.

wOw! My estimation of Meghan just did a leap through the roof. This girl has been on a path to change the world and make a difference from quite a young age. There aren't many people that can actually say that.

BTW: I *love* her freckles! Our Harry has really hit the jackpot in the marriage market.

Inside Edition: See Meghan Markle on ‘90s Nickelodeon Show After Protesting Sexist Commercial...

Isn’t that amazing! I remember Nick News with Linda Ellerbee. It was the place where kids voices could be heard on very important topics. There hasn’t been a show like that since then.

It’s heartwarming that Meghan voice and letter actually made a difference in that commercial. It takes good parenting to raise a child like that.

The young woman knows how to lead.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ditto Osipi. Holy Smoly this young lady is a rare gem. Look out world. I’m in awe. She’s special.

Yes, thanks for posting this. Meghan was blasted all over the Internet months ago for being a fantasist and a liar when she mentioned the incident in the UN.speech. Well, they can't say that now.

Last edited:
I remember hearing the story about the commercial, in her UN speech. Its great to actually see it :flowers:

Meghan obviously has strong convictions, and ones not recently acquired either. I hope she continues strong with the woman's rights issues in her new role. I think she and Camilla could work well together on domestic abuse issues. Meghan definitely hasn't and wont shy away from harder subjects it seems.

So well spoken, thoughtful and inspiring even before she became a teenager. She's special, indeed. Now many more people will discover that. Amazing! ?

I can't help but notice that there is an adorable looking photo of Meghan and her dad wearing fancy clothes on Young Meghan's desk. It looks to me like he may have taken her to an awards show.

Seeing Meghan as a child speaking about those commercials is really interesting to me because at that age a person is developing their own identity and interests in an "innocent" kind of way, which is rather more different from how an adult develops an interest in something. It show that her views didn't just develop to make herself more popular etc, but were always there from a very young age.

Those are the same thoughts I had myself, Jack. It gives even more credence to the idea that her acting career was a way for her to be able to get more involved in making a difference in the world. Its been part of her agenda and makeup since she was a young girl.

She probably picked up a lot of self confidence at being on a studio set from hanging out with dad and the belief that she could do anything from both of her parents. Harry's radar was working top notch when he met her and instantly knew that he had found a gold mine in Meghan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom