Meghan Markle: Family and Background - November 2017-May 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe money exchanged hands but I don't think it was anywhere near what the DM is hinting at even without saying it to protect themselves. But I also don't think there was some massive plot by Tom Snr to embarrass his daughter the week before her wedding. I think that is a grand old stretch.

He took some harmless pictures of himself. If his goal was to hurt Meghan I have a feeling he could do much bigger than a picture of him looking at pictures of a book of Great Britain. I think he is a bit naive but to accuse him of malice is over the top.

Last edited:
Are you now seriously move to he purposely planned to embarrass his daughter publicly says before her wedding?

He made a deal with paparazzi for pics. He knew the pics were going to be published. The pics are so fake he knew it would be discovered he posed for them. And once that happened he had to have known the embarrassment it would cause.

I don’t need ‘proof’. I’m going with the most obvious explanation. I think most people will make the same conclusion. The pics are so fake it’s not even funny.

He knew the pics were going to appear in tabloids around the world. He knew the British press would figure out he posed for them. He knew it would make front pages just days before the wedding and he knew it would cause embarrassment.

Trying to make excuses just makes the whole thing more seedy imo.

What I'm curious about is how this plays out with the royal family. Betcha if it even comes up, all of the family will join in about their own brush ups with the paps. Sophie can go first. If Sarah is there, she can go next. Andrew can chime in too.

Should be hysterically funny.

In the end, on a scale of 1 to 10, this probably makes a 3 or a 4. It's nothing compared to the sting with Sophie or Sarah being named in the Panama Papers.

But I would love to be a fly on the wall when Doria gets a hold of him. That's gonna be one epic read.

I don’t need ‘proof’. I’m going with the most obvious explanation. I think most people will make the same conclusion. The pics are so fake it’s not even funny.

He knew the pics were going to appear in tabloids around the world. He knew the British press would figure out he posed for them. He knew it would make front pages just days before the wedding and he knew it would cause embarrassment.

Trying to make excuses just makes the whole thing more seedy imo.

The other obvious reason is to try and get the paps off his back.

People make stupid mistakes all the time. The BRF is no angel on that regard. They have no right to criticize anyone else. Tom Markle has been great exept for these photo’s. Unless there is actual proof of him being paid, and it seems there is no proof, I prefer to give him the benefit of the doubt.

Last edited by a moderator:
But by all accounts the posed photos were all taken the same day back in March so it is not as if he agreed to them and posed just before leaving for London.
And again, members of the Royal Family pose for photos for magazine articles--William, Kate and Eugenie all spring to mind. Where is the line?

In those cases the palace isn't issueing statements that they should be left alone. This time dad was cooperating with paparazzi (a big NO for Harry) and then the press is blamed for not leaving dad alone by the palace. So, it wasn't just very poor judgment on his side, the palace looks like fools now as well as they defended someone who was complicit to what they admonished.

People make stupid mistakes all the time. The BRF is no angel on that regard. They have no right to criticize anyone else. Tom Markle has been great exept for these photo’s. Unless there is actual proof of him being paid, and it seems there is no proof, I prefer to give him the benefit of the doubt.

Very true.

And can I say - you have the coolest username and avatar? Took me back to LOTR:ROTK and my love of the Elven language.

In those cases the palace isn't issueing statements that they should be left alone. This time dad was cooperating with paparazzi (a big NO for Harry) and then the press is blamed for not leaving dad alone by the palace. So, it wasn't just very poor judgment on his side, the palace looks like fools now as well as they defended someone who was complicit to what they admonished.

Even though the press has still been intrusive and KP's warning to the press to leave him alone is still valid, I think you still have a point.

The warning to the press for intrusion into his life is still valid because the press has intruded in a horrible way. The 7-11 trip, etc.. and other things.

That he colluded with one particular photographer doesn't suddenly validate the press intrusion he was suffering under.

Last edited by a moderator:
He posed for paparazzi. On the scale of embarrassment, it's up there on level 2, for me. 10 being highest. Just because the tabloids shout from the highest rooftops what a 'scam' this was, it doesn't make it a huge deal. To the RF it's not a big deal.

It most likely IS a big deal for Meghan as she and Harry have with KP been telling the paps to back off of him. But Meghan (&Doria and Harry) are the only ones Senior owes apologies or any explanations. That's it.

I do hope, that it took one conversation, apologies and a few HUGS to sort it out for now, and Meghan, Harry, Doria and Sr are able to enjoy this week before the wedding, well 6 days to be exact.

Let's keep this discussion about Meghan's family and not your fellow members, please.

Am I a bad person to want a new movie after the wedding is over chronicling ALLLLLL of the crazy drama leading up to the wedding?

Man - this is like the climax in a romantic suspense story, lol.

He made a deal with paparazzi for pics. He knew the pics were going to be published. The pics are so fake he knew it would be discovered he posed for them. And once that happened he had to have known the embarrassment it would cause.

I don’t know if he even thought about being discovered when he did it or he simply thought the paparazzi would leave him alone as he promised after those photos. That still doesn’t explain how you tied it all together with he knew it’d make front pages a few days before the wedding. Did I miss the reports of him being psychic or something?

I don't know if Meghan is holier-than-thou personally, but this attitude has been projected on her like on any other Princess to be, her past has been whitewashed of anything embarrassing where possible, while she is now living in her new own world with the social elite, money to no end, curtsying, smiling, being perfect.
But her family are not. Whether they are tacky or bullies or not, they are real people and are now being held to a fake moral standard that most people would fail anyway, including Meghan herself.

If the Senior has taken money it may be tacky but I don't blame him for that, he didn't ask for any intrusion.

But irony is that the real life will catch up with the Perfect Princess Meghan again at the altar, when her father leads her up, not for the last time.

I have been reading this thread since it started and I have a question .........how has Meghan's life been *whitewashed* by the BRF or anyone else? I have read and seen her *entire* life out front in the news almost daily from every source that is out there to bash Meghan or to praise Meghan (few of the those)........there is nothing left of this woman to whitewash I would think unless someone wants to follow her to the loo to see what she does.

Second, last statement.......in Bold.....so I am asking what that statement means.....is it implying that Meghan is headed for what.....a divorce (before she is even married to Harry) and that her dad will walk her up another aisle again in the future? If so, Is there a crystal ball telling all that she will do in the future? Please give us the details of that crystal ball so we will know it all before Meghan does......

I don’t know if he even thought about being discovered when he did it or he simply thought the paparazzi would leave him alone as he promised after those photos. That still doesn’t explain how you tied it all together with he knew it’d make front pages a few days before the wedding. Did I miss the reports of him being psychic or something?

Even casual royal observers on social media were questioning the pics of Mr Markle. Come on, a pic of him in an Internet cafe looking at a screen of Harry and Meghan.

I can’t get inside the guys head but unless he has some issues that haven’t been reported, I find it very, very difficult to believe he didn’t realise this charade would be found out.

Even casual royal observers on social media were questioning the pics of Mr Markle. Come on, a pic of him in an Internet cafe looking at a screen of Harry and Meghan.

I can’t get inside the guys head but unless he has some issues that haven’t been reported, I find it very, very difficult to believe he didn’t realise this charade would be found out.

If everyone always assumed they would be caught, no one would lie or conceal the truth. He clearly didn’t tell his daughter what had happened here. This isn’t a guy that’s used to dealing with the media here. And yes, people has said he’s worked in the industry and must have seen the actors go through this or that. My response to that is General Hospital actors aren’t exactly the type to be pursued by paparazzi or get much media attention. And certainly the landscape was completely different when Married with Children was in production. The man lives a reclusive life and kept it that way for as long as he could. If his intention was to embarrass his daughter, there are much easier way. Same if he wanted to make money. He could’ve made a lot of money with a lot less effort and a lot earlier.

But that still doesn’t answer my original question on how you drew the conclusion that he purposely planned to embarass his daughter with this story on front pages a few days before her wedding? There are a lot of events that happened subsequent to what he did that led to this being published less than a week before the wedding, which he couldn’t have had control over. And just to be clear, I’m going to reiterate again that I’m in no way saying this is anything less than stupid and the wrong thing to do. My point is that there seems to be a lot of baseless assumption of nefarious intent here. Particularly a plot to embarass his daughter at this important and happy time in her life.

Last edited:

Why not? It took almost 2 months. Not to mention most the pictures were seen by the media and a lot of the public as "Awww shucks" moments of normal dad looking supportive. I mean he went viral, remember? Overall these pictures are harmless. He revealed nothing. So yes I really believe he didn't think much of it as they spread them out and likely left him alone. So I have a really hard time with this notion that he planned some grand attack against his daughter on her wedding week. Sorry. Don't buy that. He did something very stupid and was found out. Join the club Mr. Markle.

Oh for goodness sakes. I do not think highly of Mr Markle (and have been suspicious of him for a while), but in no way do I think he was trying to set his daughter up or intentionally embarrass her. That line of thought is just conspiracy.

I can see how someone who is a total novice at this would not know that the "done thing" is to just go about your life and let the pap follow you, also known as a "pap stroll." Prime examples include Jen Gardner, Pippa Middleton etc. Being that Markle Sr isn't a media pro, he didn't do this 'smart' or the normal way that folks in the public eye do these things (and yes, most folks in the public eye do set up pap walks, including politicians speaking from experience).

I also do not think this was a one off either. He did some of the pics in March, one set in April and I do think the Doria pics were also a set up. I honestly think he did this as a way to get them off his back, but it was dumb. Very dumb.

My ONE concern is how this will blowback on Meghan. Meghan doesn't deserve the crap people have been throwing at her and now her father's actions will make it worse because folks like to think Meghan is some omniscient God who controls all around her.

Last edited:
I have zero doubts he knew it would be found out he posed for the pics. He had to have known it would cause embarrassment.

I’m not assigning any motive. But the fact is he posed for staged paparazzi pics that he he knew would be discovered.

This is in the court of British public opinion now. People will make up their own minds as to why he struck a deal with paparazzi.

Meghan Markle's father says he will not attend the Royal Wedding | Daily Mail Online

Poor man, I feel really sorry for him. Wish Meghan would take a flight to Mexico, and give her father a great big hug!!

He didn't stand a chance; it was a perfect and vicious sting!! No matter he made a mistake, but now the press have ruined his chance of attending his daughter's wedding by making him feel worthless. Shame on them!

If after this wedding (and their horrible antics) this family (Sam, Thomas Jr., the cousins, the uncles, and possibly Thomas Sr.) think that they are ever seeing Meghan (or any potential children) they are seriously delusional.

I can't think of any rational person not understanding her totally cutting them out of her life.

Oh silly me...she has cut them out of her life and they keep coming back.

Is Good Morning Britain really that hard up for guests? I seriously doubt her nephews have any real insight into Meghan.

Meghan Markle's father says he will not attend the Royal Wedding | Daily Mail Online

Poor man, I feel really sorry for him. Wish Meghan would take a flight to Mexico, and give her father a great big hug!!

He didn't stand a chance; it was a perfect and vicious sting!! No matter he made a mistake, but now the press have ruined his chance of attending his daughter's wedding by making him feel worthless. Shame on them!

Angieuk...we are discussing the father's absence in the wedding thread.

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forum...edding-suggestions-and-musings-43846-220.html

Is Good Morning Britain really that hard up for guests? I seriously doubt her nephews have any real insight into Meghan.

I guess so...what can they really say. Meagan was always a sweet girl. She's a beautiful bride. We are so excited. Hey, if you are in WA/OR (I can't remember where they live) don't forget to try our weed!

The nephews haven't spoken to her in 10 years and the ex sister in law in 20! It's shameful how this family has exploited this connection.

Though I will admit seeing them tote their bags from Heathrow reminded me how far the arrival gate is SO FAR from everything else! That was a trek!

So Meghan’s father will not give away his daughter come this Saturday because he sold her out. WOW. Poor Meghan. I hope her wonderful Mom, Doria, will walk her down the aisle.

This is going to come off as really strange but, to me, its somewhat of a valid question so bear with me.

How possible would it have been for Samantha to come up with this crazy plot to talk her dad into doing "positive" pictures for a photographer, set it all up with the photographer (she admits it was her idea and that she set this all up for him) with a deal that they hit the papers right before the wedding is to happen. Would she have figured on all the blow back from these pictures and how it could up end the wedding plans? Could she have been so determined to hit out at Meghan that she would set up her own father for a fall?

Something just isn't right here. My heart goes out to Meghan and Harry for this huge thundercloud hanging over their wedding.

https://www.vanityfair.com/style/20...kes-credit-for-those-staged-photos-of-her-dad

Last edited:
This is going to come off as really strange but, to me, its somewhat of a valid question so bear with me.

How possible would it have been for Samantha to come up with this crazy plot to talk her dad into doing "positive" pictures for a photographer, set it all up with the photographer (she admits it was her idea and that she set this all up for him) with a deal that they hit the papers right before the wedding is to happen. Would she have figured on all the blow back from these pictures and how it could up end the wedding plans? Could she have been so determined to hit out at Meghan that she would set up her own father for a fall?

Something just isn't right here. My heart goes out to Meghan and Harry for this huge thundercloud hanging over their wedding.

I haven’t really followed the news about Markle sr, but to me he comes across as someone who might not think too positively about himself. If the stories about haven’t been that positive, Samantha may have played into his insecurities while at the same time cashing in and getting back at Meghan. It would also explain his reason for not going. But this is all just guess work really... We have only what the press have released. And they only release what sells.

I guess these all reports are so reliable as the reports that Charlene Wittstock have tried to flee days before her wedding take place. It's all the silly season before the main event take place and everyone want to report something.

If it is true the half-siblings organised the paps photo-shoot for Markle Sr, no level of dastardly shenanigans is inconceivable, Osipi..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom