Meghan Markle: Family and Background - November 2017-May 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow! Doria does look fantastically fit although I do think those photos were a tad bit on the intrusive side.

Heck, I give up on working out. Think I'm going to work on a few donuts. :D

Doria does look amazing. Wish they would leave her alone though.

I hope I look as good as Doria when I'm 61! It's great that she still exercises, I gave up a long time ago - well, I didn't even start :D

Okay, I am jealous of a 61-year-old.
I am too but it speaks to a healthy mind, a healthy body and a personal commitment to that notion that a healthy mind and a healthy body is the result of a life in balance and practising self-discipline.

Meghan Markle was seen by the people who hired her as a sound and committed actress and the number of seasons bears this out. Harry met a woman that is both committed to her craft yet had also seemed to have a really good work-life balance that enabled her to have both a social life and be seriously involved in charity work

Doria seems to be a fantastic mother and, much as it pains me to say it, this article is more than a little intrusive. I don't know how the laws work over there but they really need to back off.

Last edited:
Doria seems to be a fantastic mother and, much as it pains me to say it, this article is more than a little intrusive. I don't know how the laws work over there but they really need to back off.

Unfortunately, freedom of press also protects the paparazzi here. There is very little they can do about it. Especially in California where paparazzi swarms because of the celebrities that live there.

The DM has found a long-deleted online diary of a struggling actress, believed to be Meghan because of several references in the text. It seems a pretty authentic picture of a struggle to make it in the acting business actually, though whether it really was Meghan's blog, I don't know.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5428533/Meghan-Markles-secret-diary-soul-baring-blog.html

'Come and read about the girl with the magical boobs': Meghan Markle's secret diary revealed as she is exposed as the anonymous author of a soul-baring blog in which she described herself as a struggling actress 'hustling' to reach stardom
The anonymous internet diary was fearlessly candid. Penned in a confessional style, its author — an aspiring young Hollywood actress with a salty turn of phrase and a keen eye for detail — chronicled her triumphs and tribulations as she ‘hustled’ in search of stardom.

Some entries exposed the darker side of Tinseltown. The tyrannical casting directors and ‘bitchy’ rivals with whom she vied for roles, for example, and the hard-driving producers who treated the cast like ‘show ponies’, enlisting a doctor to inject them with vitamins so they stayed fit for work.

She laid bare her ‘roller-coaster’ emotions, which swung back and forth with success and failure.

When she passed an audition, her confidence soared and the champagne corks popped; when she was rejected, she would spend the day ‘sobbing in bed with a bottle of wine and a box of biscuits’.

Then there were the daily indignities and the financial hardship she endured as she clawed for recognition.

‘I’ve had to freeze my [acting] union membership, borrow money, work jobs that I hated, endure being treated like s**t on a set, kiss actors with smelly breath and cry for hours on end because I just didn’t think I could take it any more,’ she wrote.

Last edited:
Not worth the time or energy to open and read. Just from what has been posted in the link, it sounds absolutely nothing like Meghan. It could be any struggling actress anywhere writing this "blog" and the DM pinning a "possible" author on it.

Regardless, even if it was Meghan in her struggling years, it has absolutely no value to who she is now. Who I was and what I struggled through during the dark days of a crumbling marriage is definitely part of my life but does not define who I am today.

Did I mention yet that its the Daily Fail? The "anythingforabuck" Daily Fail? :D

The blog definitely existed,no idea if it's Meghans though.Youll find some posts but majority of it has been deleted.

When she passed an audition, her confidence soared and the champagne corks popped; when she was rejected, she would spend the day ‘sobbing in bed with a bottle of wine and a box of biscuits’.

I find this sentence to be odd because Americans don't typically don't use the word biscuits when they mean cookies and I'm assuming this is prior to Meghan landing a role on Suits.

That is so fake...made up nonsense.

LaRae

I find this sentence to be odd because Americans don't typically don't use the word biscuits when they mean cookies and I'm assuming this is prior to Meghan landing a role on Suits.

Yeps. This is a dead giveaway. Cookies are Oreos and Vanilla Wafers and Chips Ahoy and are a dessert treat. Biscuits are hot things that come out of the oven and are slathered with butter and served with a meal and also known as dinner rolls.

Somehow, a bottle of wine and and hot biscuits with butter don't seem overly appealing to me. Cookies, yes. Biscuits, no.

Pretty much. A lot of that "entry" was glaringly British. :lol:

Yes. This is the article Meghan wrote for Darling Magazine in early 2016 before she met Prince Harry. It was used to create the fake diary:

http://darlingmagazine.org/meghan-markle-career/

Reactions: ACO
Such a secret diary that DM were able to find it. How are they proving it's actually Meghan's?

There is no doubt that the working actress was a real blog. The associated twitter account still exists, and was active between 2010 and 2012, with links to theworkingactress.com. It's not possible to backdate posts on twitter, which means that, during that date range, there was content at theworkingactress.com. Unfortunately, not only has the blog been taken down, it's been excluded from the Wayback Machine.

Additionally, at least four people interviewed the woman behind the blog between 2010 and 2012 via email. Those interviews have tidbits that could point to Meghan (and some that don't), but whoever she was, theworkingactress was really good at answering questions without giving away too much information.

Without being able to read the actual blog posts, I wouldn't be willing to make a judgement call either way about whether or not it was Meghan.

The blog seemed to have existed, but whether Meghan wrote it or not who knows? There are signs to indicate yes and also some to indicate no.

Either way, its total shoddy journalism to make such claims with zero hard evidence of most of the cited posts from said blog. Yet again, the DM showing itself for the trash it is.

Good point about the terms used. I think DM and other tabloids were hoping for a Me Too story from this blog; that Meghan was sexually harassed or was in a casting couch situation with a Hollywood bigwig and they came up empty. So they are running with what they got.

Sounds right up her alley. But really that blog reads like the thought of any struggling working actor which means it could be anyone of millions. I get the DM is desperate for all things Meghan but this is a reach even for them. And I also noticed they changed the article title a few times. I guess they weren't getting the desired attention so they made it a little more eye grabbing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Whether or not that was Meghan who wrote the blog, I see nothing scandalous with what DM was able to quote. Certainly not what some headlines try to suggest. The problem I have is with some of the commentary from the the author of the DM article. Not sure how any of what was said supported what that ex-friend who clearly had an ax to grind said. Just because she struggled and was nice doesn’t mean she can’t be frustrated with people after she became successful. Doesn’t mean she’s not a nice person anymore either. It’s all part of life.

Reactions: ACO
Whether or not that was Meghan who wrote the blog, I see nothing scandalous with what DM was able to quote. Certainly not what some headlines try to suggest. The problem I have is with some of the commentary from the the author of the DM article. Not sure how any of what was said supported what that ex-friend who clearly had an ax to grind said. Just because she struggled and was nice doesn’t mean she can’t be frustrated with people after she became successful. Doesn’t mean she’s not a nice person anymore either. It’s all part of life.

I agree. Position it as they may, even the DM could not really find much of a story in it!

First another crappy wannabe smear piece without any actual scandal or controversy just the Fail creating a click-rage headline.

All I got out of it was that whoever wrote the blog was a hard worker who "hustled" to make it as a working actor and sometimes failed. The writer seemed honest and genuine and cheeky. Whoever they are they are good at writing stories. Perhaps they wanted to create a platform that would lead to a book.

I sense that hustle and hardwork along with emotion are bad words for the Daily Mail crowd.

If its Meghan she has nothing to be ashamed of, this article is not scandalous. Whoever the friends are who said it shows Meghan pre-fame and how she has changed.....they really need to grow up. People CHANGE, they evolve, its not a crime.

These endless click-rage articles are exhausting.

Last edited by a moderator:
I’ve deleted a few off-topic comments discussing gossip from tumblr. Please remember the forum rule about gossip and speculation. Also, let’s stay away from blaming the Daily Mail (or any media outlet/journalist) for the threatening letter that has been sent to Meghan. Thanks.

Last edited:
I saw that Mirror article and Sam's ex husband has a story to tell. He as basically corroborating what their daughter, Sam's mother and other Markles have said. Details of the marriage are unnerving with her sitting fully clothed in the bathtub. Samantha is not a birthname? How the Fail miss this detail? And he got custody of their daughter. In American family court child custody generally favors the mother unless there were extenuating circumstances. And with this latest story no mention of concern for Meghan's anthrax scare, which shows what kind of person Sam seems to be.

I saw that Mirror article and Sam's ex husband has a story to tell. He as basically corroborating what their daughter, Sam's mother and other Markles have said. Details of the marriage are unnerving with her sitting fully clothed in the bathtub. Samantha is not a birthname? How the Fail miss this detail? And he got custody of their daughter. In American family court child custody generally favors the mother unless there were extenuating circumstances. And with this latest story no mention of concern for Meghan's anthrax scare, which shows what kind of person Sam seems to be.

Not the first time-she hasn't raised any of her kids really. Ashleigh and her brother Christopher were raised by their grandparents instead. I don't know if she lost custody or gave it up with them, but it was said as she was dealing with 'personal issues'. Seems by the time Noel came along, didn't clean up those problems and lost Noel.

I knew Samantha's name was really Yvonne because Thomas Jr revealed it a while back. He always calls her "Vonnie" and even in those recent emails leaked asking his lawyer to contact Meghan about helping him he said in one of them "I tried to get Vonnie to stop" in reference to Samantha.

Samantha deserves to feel this tabloid mess toward her. So had no issue spewing her crap about Meghan so she can't be all that surprised the tide turned on her. I saw her tweeting about this article as well. She not very pleased about it.

Their daughter is being raised by her mother and her older kids were raised by their paternal grandparents. Interesting trend there for Samantha aka Yvonne. Oh and she just started using Markle again. She wasn't going by that at all until Meghan's connection to Harry was revealed.

And yet the UK press treats her as an expert on who Meghan is. If she has a problematic relationship with her own children, why do they expect Meghan to be responsible for these grown much older half siblings.

I can't really believe that there's anyone out there that takes Samantha Yvonne Grant Markle or whatever combination she's using today serious. If anything, this woman is a gold mine for the tabloids as entertainment and people wait to see what she's going to spew out next.

I'd be very hard pressed to believe that anyone could actually think Meghan has any kind of responsibility for this "sister" whatsoever.

But look at the tabloids that are checking for Sam - second and third tier rags. The Fail won't run any stories about her. And I wonder what American TV show is going to use her for commentary. Sam is probably gripping about the story fearing if the uglier details about her life go mainstream and get back to her would be employer the company will drop her as a commentator.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom