Kate vs. Chelsy

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not fair to comapre Kate to Diana at this point for many reasons. We don't know Kate, and in all honesty that's a good thing. That means she hasn't been out and around to make a name for herself. Above that, Diana was one person, years ago, and while she did many good things in her time, people need to let her go a little and let other people live their lives without comparison. Especially since the people doing the comparing seem to be making Diana into this perfect person, who she wasn't. For all her good Diana had a lot of faults, and I really don't think she should ever have entered into the Royal family as it seemed to break her for a long period of time.

polop said:
Quite frankly tiaraprin,it's hard not to compare Kate to Diana.Afterall,she could be the next queen.:)

While hard, it shouldn't be done. Kate is herself as Diana was herself. Judge Kate by her own individuality and not how she stacks up to Diana. It is hard enough for the poor girl to be in a position where she could one day be a Windsor. The last thing she needs is to be constantly compared and criticized for being/or not being like Diana. Let the girl breathe a little and settle in. If the relationship continues to grow and prosper, we will see who Kate really is and she shouldn't have to in Diana's shadow. That is unpatently unfair to ask any girl William dates or does marry.

IF Kate is the one that William chooses, our perceptions of her will change as media coverage of her changes.

The early Diana was a media creation. That's why I was attempting to make my hair look like hers, wear shoes like hers, etc. (and I look nothing like Diana!).

tiaraprin said:
While hard, it shouldn't be done. Kate is herself as Diana was herself. Judge Kate by her own individuality and not how she stacks up to Diana. It is hard enough for the poor girl to be in a position where she could one day be a Windsor. The last thing she needs is to be constantly compared and criticized for being/or not being like Diana. Let the girl breathe a little and settle in. If the relationship continues to grow and prosper, we will see who Kate really is and she shouldn't have to in Diana's shadow. That is unpatently unfair to ask any girl William dates or does marry.

No offense, but you make it seem like she is such a "poor girl.":confused: I know many girls who would give up a lot to be with prince william.Why is she such a poor girl?Why should I feel sorry for her?By any accounts she is very lucky girl.Think about it.Going from talking about William to talking with william!!;) :)

Thank you segolen and Australian!!

imo, Queen Katherine sounds a lot better than Queen Kate

polop said:
No offense, but you make it seem like she is such a "poor girl.":confused: I know many girls who would give up a lot to be with prince william.Why is she such a poor girl?Why should I feel sorry for her?By any accounts she is very lucky girl.Think about it.Going from talking about William to talking with william!!;) :)

Kate doesn't or shouldn't think of Will as a prince. he is just Will to her. You should sympathise for her because of how her future may turn out if she stays with Will, we learned that with Princess Diana and her battle with the media. She is a lucky girl that she is with Will; but not so much that she has to deal with the pressures of being compaired with one of the most loved women in history.

Harry's polo shirt said:
She is a lucky girl that she is with Will; but not so much that she has to deal with the pressures of being compaired with one of the most loved women in history.

Kate is a lucky girl, with no doubt. She hit the jack pot,. I wished I had her problems....dealing with the pressure form the press and the pressure of being
compared with Diana. :D

segolen said:
Kate is a lucky girl, with no doubt. She hit the jack pot,. I wished I had her problems....dealing with the pressure form the press and the pressure of being
compared with Diana. :D

I will be totally honest here. I wouldn't want to be in Kate's shoes. I couldn't cope with it.

Just a question from the different threads about William and Kate especially. Why is it constantly opined that he is too "young" to think about marrying now? I understand "immature", but not "young" In life, I know many old married couples who married very young and are still newlyweds in heart and spirit, many new couples who married late in life who didn't last even a year in a marriage, even after being together for years, some who hate their wives or husbands but stay together or got together for other reasons including appearances and still others who cannot seem to have a happy marriage, having tried it three or four times at different stages. The only common thread seems to be the maturity of the people involved as individuals and their ability and willingness to sacrifice for and give to the other and seek the other's interest, as opposed to the self, first. Just wondering if I am a totally anomalous being, or if anyone out there has found the formula for the age at which one should marry to ensure a lasting and happy marriage? I think it would be worth gazillions.

sapphiya said:
Just a question from the different threads about William and Kate especially. Why is it constantly opined that he is too "young" to think about marrying now? I understand "immature", but not "young" In life, I know many old married couples who married very young and are still newlyweds in heart and spirit, many new couples who married late in life who didn't last even a year in a marriage, even after being together for years, some who hate their wives or husbands but stay together or got together for other reasons including appearances and still others who cannot seem to have a happy marriage, having tried it three or four times at different stages. The only common thread seems to be the maturity of the people involved as individuals and their ability and willingness to sacrifice for and give to the other and seek the other's interest, as opposed to the self, first. Just wondering if I am a totally anomalous being, or if anyone out there has found the formula for the age at which one should marry to ensure a lasting and happy marriage? I think it would be worth gazillions.

I agree with everything you said.;) But I think what he [william] meant was that he just graduated from University and wants to enjoy his freedom.I think he also wished to say that he wants to get more accustomed to royal duties and responsibilities.Before he was able to use his educational experiences,such as living at universities etc. to avoid being in the eye of the media, but I think now he realizes that he can't do that anymore.Also you are correct, marriage asks maturity, and the willingness to understand that it's not 'me' and 'her,' but 'us' and 'we.'But to some extent I think that maturity and this view of marriage comes with age and experience, for some people.I also think that William just doesn't have to pick a wife that's right for him;but someone who will fit into the royal circle easily,adapt to being in the media and most of all, someone who will make a suitable Queen someday.In addition,his family[father,grandma,etc.]want to make sure that he has made the right decision.They want him to take his time and realize that his decisions consequences will stay with him for the rest of his life.Oh, and by the way you are not anomalous being.:)

nice said.
I believe that is not such a thing as a “proper age for a marriage” because everything is individual. But for one thing I’m sure, that early marriage cuts off your freedom early. I’m not talking only freedom of your partner. What I’m saying is that an early marriage makes you lass flexible in everything.

Hi, polop. Thanks for the insightful and gentle reply. William does have a difficult decision to make, and having followed the tragedy that was his parents' marriage, he must want to be more cautious, with good reason. He and the people deserve a strong and happy marriage, I think, and if Kate can give him that, if he decides to marry her, it would be great. She already seems to have the innate qualities a future royal should have. I won't make a comment on Kate's physical appearance, because those fade and can be very deceptive. I have to agree with the other postings on Chelsy, though, she doesn't seem able to be a graceful royal,though that too could change with age and time; so at this point I think Kate would make the better and more likely future Royal bride.:)

Hi, segolen. I understand that that's the general view, but that's not been my experience or the experience I've noticed in other good marriages whether young or not. What I've seen is that a good relationship gives one wings and confidence to accomplish unimaginable things, but a bad one holds back and limits freedoms, whether the couple are married or not, young or old. But that's my opinion, observations and experiences. I hope that whomever William or Harry marries will be someone who helps them be more than what they could be singly or unattached, that's all I meant,really.:)

And if William or Harry has already found that person in Kate or Chelsy, then I just strong feel that age should not be the thing, especially the only thing, which holds them back from making the decision. But that is just my own opinion and what I've experienced or observed. Age is so often just a number which does not explain or describe the personality or responsibility of a person. That does not mean I encourage young marriage on the whole, only I see age as the least important facet of making most life-changing decisions. I hope I don't offend.

Last edited:
Who is a cuter couple?

Who do you think is a cuter couple;William and Kate or Harry and Chelsy?
Who do you think will end up as husband and wife?
Who do you think will move on?:)

I'm voting for William and Kate as the cuter couple:) and I'm pretty sure Harry will move on from Chelsy (not that she's not pretty, just that Harry seems to like playing the field;) ). It wouldn't surprise me at all if William and Kate marry within the next two or three years, because I can't see Wills waiting until later in life to marry like Charles did.

I like Harry and Chelsy!!! I don´t know why..but I adore them! I think that, they are more "free" to do what they want.....so...

I think Chelsy and Harry look cute together, Kate and William look more grown up.

I like Kate and William looks hottiest couples!

Sara Boyce

I like Harry and Chelsy!You know,when Charles and Diana got married,Diana sort of brought fun to the marriage and the royal family.With Kate and William,both of the are sooooo serious!Harry and Chelsy don't care about no one except their love and there something really sweet about that!;) :)

Kate and William. They will probably marry. I like Chelsy too and maybe in a couple of years they will marry too.

Jackswife said:
I'm voting for William and Kate as the cuter couple:) and I'm pretty sure Harry will move on from Chelsy (not that she's not pretty, just that Harry seems to like playing the field;) ). It wouldn't surprise me at all if William and Kate marry within the next two or three years, because I can't see Wills waiting until later in life to marry like Charles did.

I completely agree. I think Kate and Will are just too cute together. No offense to Chelsy and Harry, I just think Will and Kate seem great together, and cute together.:)

polop said:
I like Harry and Chelsy!You know,when Charles and Diana got married,Diana sort of brought fun to the marriage and the royal family.With Kate and William,both of the are sooooo serious!Harry and Chelsy don't care about no one except their love and there something really sweet about that!;) :)

I Agree!!!:D That is what I was going to say, but then I noticed you already did! I think Harry and Chelsy seem like a fun couple, while Will and Kate seem boring.

William and Kate are more mature and intelligent. Chelsy and Harry are probably more fun if your into swinging from chandeliers and getting drunk off your butt regularly.

grecka said:
Chelsy and Harry are probably more fun if your into swinging from chandeliers and getting drunk off your butt regularly.

I have never drank alcohol, or done any drugs. But all of my friends are complete opposites of me. Harry, Chelsy, and I would probably get along. I don't like Chelsy though so we would fight alot. I would be funny to see Chelsy swinging from a chandelier, maybe she would fall.:p I'm sorry thats mean...;)

Kate and Wills are definately a better couple. I don't like Chelsy, she doesn't seem like a girl that would be a good wife.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom