Kate vs. Chelsy

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aussie Princess said:
It's nice to see another Chelsy supporter. I also don't think Chelsy is seen is bars often AT ALL when you compare her to Kate- I can't understand why Chelsy got that reputation?

she's got a bad reputation because the media needs the "good" one and the "bad" one. They chose Kate as the perfect royal girlfriend, cause she and Will dated before Chealsy came out. And naturally Chealsy had to take the role of the "bad" and "unsuitable" one.
I do like Chealsy, though I like Kate as well. What's the point of comparing them? They are too different.

Aussie Princess said:
1. Chelsy is not in London. She does not have the support Kate does. Kate usually has William around(although he is at sandhurst now)
Most pictures of Kate, as you pointed out show her alone or with her mother. She may live in London but aside from recent outings in the past it's often seemed as though she doesn't see much of William. As for Chelsy, she may be in Cape Town, but she has friends and family there so is hardly "alone" either.

Aussie Princess said:
she also is rumored to have royal protection now,
I hadn't heard that, do you have a source I could possibly read, please?

Aussie Princess said:
Kate is also not trailed from the moment she leaves her door- how many pictures have been taken of Kate? a few times leaving bars, a couple of times shopping, klosters, mustique......
Considering the fact that the press (a German tabloid I believe) has printed photographs of where she lives, I would call that more than a litte invasive. There have been more than a "few" photos of Kate.

Aussie Princess said:
Kate is given a VERY easy time by the press- and I didn't criticise her for looking sour and upset and the photographers- I know I would, but I DO criticise her for doing that, and threatening legal action one day, then posing and smiling the next- at least be consistent and make up your mind!
There's a bit of a difference being photographed at Cheltenham and having a camera photograph you while trying on a dress in a shop! That is out of order and it is intrusive. As for threatening legal action, she has every right to if that's what she wishes.

Aussie Princess said:
I also agree with you that no decent person would boast about helping charity, but if Kate was followed from the moment she leaves her door as you said, would we not have seen her entering a building? the fact is, we would know, as the press are so determined to get a perfect princess image out there, they would have pounced on that the second they saw her within a 10 mile radius of a hospital or something. we would know is all I'm saying.
There are plenty of ways of carrying out charitable or voluntary work, there is no guarantee that "we would know".

Aussie Princess said:
She has been photographed just once leaving 'the family buisness' so I'm sure had it been done more than once we would have seen it- Lady Diana Spencer was followed to and from her kindergarten basically every day. they didn't take one photo and then decide that was enough.
As we don't know what work she is doing (if any), we don't know the nature of what she is doing. She may not need to attend at an offcie, she could work from home. It's not so uncommon in this day and age.

Aussie Princess said:
When have you ever seen a photo of Chelsy looking dreary? are you confusing it with down right miserable?
Most pictures show her looking sullen, maybe that's just her natural expression though?

Aussie Princess said:
remember that video of her leaving an airport and looking so sad, and getting into a car and looking up looking so scared then slowly lowering her head into her hands?it looked really heartbreaking. anyways, that's just the way I interpret things, I don't want you to think I'm being mean to you cause I don't intend to be.:) I just have the very strong opinion that Chelsy is given a raw deal by a lot of people
I haven't seent the clip you're refering to so can't really comment on it.

For the record I don't particularly like either Kate or Chelsy, Kate seems bland as does Chelsy. Neither is particularly attractive in my book and doesn't seem to have much to recommend themselves.
I do think Kate gets alot of accusations thrown at her though, more so than Chelsy who imo has it easier becuase she is so far away.

Little_star said:
Considering the fact that the press (a German tabloid I believe) has printed photographs of where she lives, I would call that more than a litte invasive. There have been more than a "few" photos of Kate.

Some tabloid also printed where Chelsy lives. No one made a fuss about that. Actually everytime any bad thing happenes to Chelsy many people unconsiously claim that she deserves it becuase of what her father does. Kate was rumored to have been given a bodyguard and many people thought that it was a good idea. However when we saw one picture of Chelsy coming in or out of the airport, (I don't remember which) everyone was upset. It really doesn't matter where which one lives, there are both under scrutiny. Chelsy just doesn't get the sympthay.

Last edited by a moderator:
Laraib said:
Some tabloid also printed where Chelsy lives. No one made a fuss about that.
The reason why a fuss was made though was because it meant William was no longer allowed to visit Kate at her home because of security reasons. Taking into account the events of July 7th, it's no surprise if security is top of their mind.
As far as I'm aware Harry hasn't ever visited Chelsy at her home. They've been away together but I cannot recall them getting together at her house. Of course, it's not right that Chelsy's home was photographed, but there's a bit of a difference in the 2 instances.

Laraib said:
Actually everytime any bad thing happenes to Chelsy many people unconsiously claim that she deserves it becuase of what her father does.
Well she's perfectly happy to live off her father's money so I'm not surprised if some people see it that way.

Last edited:
Little_star said:
Most pictures of Kate, as you pointed out show her alone or with her mother...
She still has the support system that Chelsy does not. there has not been more than a "few" photos of Kate- there are hardly any really. And Chelsy home she shares with her brother and the estate of her father have been published, but unlike Kate those photos did not have to be retracted. She does get easy treatment from the press for sure. No other royal girlfriend has had the picturesof their home retracted, they are usually staked out and photographed leaving there again and again and again. Kates was photographed once, then it was retracted and never photographed again. once again an example of her special treatment by the press.
She has absoloutley no right to threaten legal action, as there is nothing illegal about those photographs . plus, I will agian raise the point that the next day she is smiling and posing- I don't understand why she wont accept you can't have it both ways- I can understand if she clearly was shy she might have a problem with the press and might request to not be photographed when she is not with William, but when she smile and pose for the cameras as much as she does, you forfeit all rights to complain since you clearly don't have a problem with the attention. In a way I almost feel sorry for the press, i never thought I'd say that, but what are they ment to do? they don't know wether she will pose for them or try to sue them when they try to get a photo.
There is an absoloute 10 billion percent chance we would know about her charity work or work- you claim she is followed from the moment she leaves her door, so wouldn't it be photographed? I claim she is given special treatment(which she is) and yes, she is photographed occasionally, and if she was photographed leaving work or a charity place, there is absoloutley no way in hell they would let a photo oppurtunity like that pass them by- it is FAR too valuable to the image they are busy building up. and anyway,all 'royal girlfriends' have these pictures taken daily, no matter what sort of job they are doing. yet another example of Kates special treatment- the press almost never photograph her! compare the numbers of photos with ANYONE. that girl is on easy-easy-easy street! Perhaps she does work from home- I certainly hope so! There were rumors of her starting up an internet order baby clothes company- if so good for her, but someone would have talked by now because that's what people do. unless she threatened them with legal action as well. what a disgrace. Kates natural expression is not sullen, so I don't know why she glowers like death in approx. 50% of her pictures.You can clearly see how hard the facial muscles are working, which you don't need for your natural face, plus, as I keep pointing out, she grins away when she decides it suits her, and I think the reason I am so disgusted with Kates behaviour is no one else in her position would even dare to THINK about behaving like she does- and if by some crazy miracle they did, they would never get away with it, let alone be praised for it.
Now, the video of Chelsy I can't really remember where to find it, but I guess if you wanted to see it might show up on some sort of search, it was one of her earlier trips though. I'd really love to know how you find her dreary though?? that girl overflows with personality in every photo, no matter what the situation. she is probably the best thing to happen to Harry!
Kates bodyguards- were mentioned in all the 'column inches' written about her, but only around a certain time- sometime earlier this year, perhaps around March-April?

I wouold like to add that Harry has visited Chelsys family home a couple of times, and stayed there- which is exactly why they were chased at high speed in their jeep whilst on safari! and you'd think they would have learned how dangerous that is! yet did ANYONE complain? no, they were too busy listening to Kates whining because the press got there days wrong- was Kate grinning and posing, or glowering and threatening today? what to do ,what to do.

Little_star said:
Well she's perfectly happy to live off her father's money so I'm not surprised if some people see it that way.
Unfortunately, Chelsy turned 20 in January and is a full time uni student. people like that are often forced to accept money from their parents. I do it too, and Kate still does it. I am 20 and a uni student as well, and because of the nature of my course, I can get a job as something related to my furture profession, but on a lower level. however, the pay is really quite good for someone in my situation and I earn more money that all of my friends. Yet I cannot afford basic necesities without the help of my parents. In Australia, at my age,you are reviewed for financial assistance based on your parents income- regardless of if you live with them or not- so that fact that I have rent, bills, etc that some others my age might not is irrelevent because my PARENTS earn too much. they decided that since it was their income that ment the government couldn't support me, they would help. I am desperately trying to pay back every cent as soon as I can, but it is hard to do it as soon as I would like. So since Chelsys parents have a lot more money to spare than my parents, she is probably helped by them since someone in her situation doesn't earn enough to live without some sort of assistance. just pointing out the differences in the situations.

Last edited by a moderator:
Avalon said:
she's got a bad reputation because the media needs the "good" one and the "bad" one. They chose Kate as the perfect royal girlfriend, cause she and Will dated before Chealsy came out. And naturally Chealsy had to take the role of the "bad" and "unsuitable" one.
I do like Chealsy, though I like Kate as well. What's the point of comparing them? They are too different.
they surely are very different girls- just as William and Harry are very differnt too aren't they! I am so glad Harry is dating Chelsy, he is lucky to have a great girl like her, and she seems besotted with him too. The press do base images on lot of what they decide to project which is unfair, but usually peoples true characters are eventually revealed, which is good. i think a lot of people are seeing Harry and Chelsy for what they truly are now- not irresponsible selfish party animals.
I guess they will always be compared by everyone though- the press, the public and hey, even the forums here too right?:D

Aussie Princess, you are absolutely right!!!!!! I still don't understand why so many people are head over heels for Kate. I also find it very ridiculous that the reason why she can't get a job is because of security or gossip. For God's sake many princesses had a job, even career before their wedding! Why would Kate be different?! she is very fortunate if she can afford not to have a job until she can find a suitalbe one in her own field. Many young person can't because their parents aren't so well off. And of course Chelsy accepts money from her parents, she is a student and she has to live on something! I wonder what everybody who has problem with it, lived on while they were at school?! And it is not her fault if her father does something "not so right". After all, nobody can choose one's parents!!!!! And yes, I like what you wrote that Kate might have threatened people who dare to talk about her! :) I haven't thought about it yet. But you know what?! I can imagine it may be true since we can hear nothing but good things about her. But nobody is perfect, not even "Saint Kate". And I'm also of the opinion that there is nothing wrong with Harry and Chelsy partying. They are in their early twenties, of course they like going out and having fun with friends. It they were in their forties and still went clubbing regularly....well, then it would be rather strange but most young people like clubbing. By the way, does anybody know if Kate speaks any foreign languages? I'm just curious.

No we don't know if Kate knows any foreign languages but I assume that she might have had to study a foreign language for 2 years atleast since it was required at her boarding school Malborough College.

Aussie Princess said:
She still has the support system that Chelsy does not. there has not been more than a "few" photos of Kate- there are hardly any really. And Chelsy home she shares with her brother and the estate of her father have been published, but unlike Kate those photos did not have to be retracted. She does get easy treatment from the press for sure. No other royal girlfriend has had the picturesof their home retracted, they are usually staked out and photographed leaving there again and again and again. Kates was photographed once, then it was retracted and never photographed again. once again an example of her special treatment by the press.
That has nothing to do with "special treatment" and everything to do with royal security. They cannot risk the home of William's girlfriend to be in the public domain especially as it is known that before the photo was taken he visited her there regularly. As i stated before there is on information, as far as I know, that Harry has visited Chelsy's home.

Aussie Princess said:
She has absoloutley no right to threaten legal action, as there is nothing illegal about those photographs .
I imagien she would have a very valid case against pictures of her trying on dresses. Although my knowledge of meida law is pretty scant. If she wants to threaten legal action she has every right to.

Aussie Princess said:
plus, I will agian raise the point that the next day she is smiling and posing-
She was at a public event. There's a difference.

Aussie Princess said:
There is an absoloute 10 billion percent chance we would know about her charity work or work- you claim she is followed from the moment she leaves her door, so wouldn't it be photographed? I claim she is given special treatment(which she is) and yes, she is photographed occasionally, and if she was photographed leaving work or a charity place, there is absoloutley no way in hell they would let a photo oppurtunity like that pass them by- it is FAR too valuable to the image they are busy building up.
Charitable work takes many forms. I had a friend who helped an animal charity by ringing up perspective adoptive families and speaking with them over the phone. All done from home and all voluntary, she had no need to vist the charity itself.

Aussie Princess said:
and anyway,all 'royal girlfriends' have these pictures taken daily, no matter what sort of job they are doing. yet another example of Kates special treatment- the press almost never photograph her!
I've yet to see any evidence of special treatment. If your allegations were true, then it would be Chesly who was treated differently as there are rarely photographs of her. Kate's often pictured out shopping or in public.

Aussie Princess said:
Perhaps she does work from home- I certainly hope so! There were rumors of her starting up an internet order baby clothes company- if so good for her, but someone would have talked by now because that's what people do.
And that is completely dependent on who she is working with/for. After all she's not working in the publci domain and if she is working for herself or her family who's going to speak out about her? Her Mum?!

Aussie Princess said:
You can clearly see how hard the facial muscles are working, which you don't need for your natural face, plus, as I keep pointing out, she grins away when she decides it suits her,
So she has to be happy 100% of the time or angry 100% of the time. Gosh, what an option!

Aussie Princess said:
and I think the reason I am so disgusted with Kates behaviour is no one else in her position would even dare to THINK about behaving like she does- and if by some crazy miracle they did, they would never get away with it, let alone be praised for it.
And what aspect of ehr behaviour is "disgusting"? Has she made lewd comments in public? Acted inappropriately in public? Sold her story to the press? Acting indiscretely with friends who have then gone forth and spread gossip? Allowed her family members to sell a story? What exactly is disgusting?

Aussie Princess said:
I'd really love to know how you find her dreary though?? that girl overflows with personality in every photo, no matter what the situation.
She's usually frowning or scowling, I guess if that's indicative of her personality then poor Harry!

Aussie Princess said:
I wouold like to add that Harry has visited Chelsys family home a couple of times, and stayed there- which is exactly why they were chased at high speed in their jeep whilst on safari! and you'd think they would have learned how dangerous that is! yet did ANYONE complain?
I have no idea, as I was unaware that he'd even visited her home and have no diea when the incident happened and don't ever recall hearing about it.

Aussie Princess said:
Unfortunately, Chelsy turned 20 in January and is a full time uni student. people like that are often forced to accept money from their parents. I do it too, and Kate still does it.
Chelsy is a gorwn adult, she isn't "forced" to accept anything. She chooses to use and spend her father's money as she has no visible income of her own and is therefore condoning not only her father's work but his shady business connections. People can and do support themselves through university, it usually involves a bit of sacrifice and self-reliance, something I doubt Chelsy could cope with.
Last time I looked, Kate's parents weren't conducting shady business deals? Morevoer I have no idea what Kate's source of income is? Do you?

Seriously, what is the point of comparing these two? They are dating to very different men who have very different personalities so of course their girlfriends are going to be different. We shouldn't pass judgement on them since we don't know them and we don't know how they act behind close doors. I think this topic should be closed because some people are posting rude stuff about the girls that we have no way of proving that is true, just the tabloid articles that usually lie and say maliciouis things of people so that they can sell a story. So people just accept the fact that the brothers have girlfriends that they love and who love them back and that they are happy-which is all we should care about.

I ask the people who hate Kate or who hate Chelsy: Do you hate them because you know them and know how they are like? or Are you jealous and hate them because they have a guy that you've always wanted? or Do you hate them because the media has fed you these lies about them and you actually think that what the media says is 100% truth? Think about we and the media know nothing about them and their life at home behind close doors their daily struggles so why should we pass judgement on them because I know very well you would not like it if a stranger started spreading rumours that you know are not true.

The only criome these two (Chelsy and Kate-not their parents) is that they fell in love with a prince and know have to live under immense scrutiny.

We don't want to become a forum where libellous statements are consistently posted so remember to quote your sources and try to show some reason in your posts.

I think the whole argument is silly. William and Kate are not going to date the same type of girl and its not unusual that either of the girls get financial help from their parents.

I also don't think Kate has had it easier with the paparazzi; she does have it easier in how she is portrayed in the press but I suspect that's because Chelsy dresses and acts like a lot of 20 year olds and the press is made up of reporters a lot older than that who don't have a high opinion of the fashion sense and manners of the 20 year old set. Its a generational thing. Kate's manner and demeanour is more likely to be approved by an older crowd than Chelsy's is.

Last edited:
i'm not a fan of this thread either. It's pointless to compare them not because we do't know them but because we can't really judge them

The original purpose of this thread was to discuss an article in the Daily Mirror about Kate and Chelsy. That article has long passed to where most people coming into the thread are not even aware of it.

The thread has since then morphed into a contest between Kate and Chelsy supporters which is neither enlightening nor informative nor fair to the two ladies involved. It has also resulted in posts that are questionable in regards to the standards of civil behavior expected in the forums.

Therefore, this thread has outlived its usefulness and will remain closed.

ysbel
British forums moderator

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom