The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-12-2006, 07:04 PM
Nobility

Who knows which relationship will last, but since neither girls are great beauty, they must have appealing personalities that keep their boyfriends by their side However, neither girls demonstrate any work ethic that will show they are prepared for the hard work and media scrutiny to face any future wife of either William and Harry.

Chelsy is a bit more outgoing, independent and has a lot of baggage thanks to her father's connection with the mogabe regime. She' still a student, but party' as hard as her boyfriend and needs to learn that she's no longer a regular teenager and should dress appropriately. I see her loyalty to Harry and he seems to be protective of her, a sign of his strong character.

On the other hand, we don't know much about Kate other than what the cheesy media headlines feeds us. She's discreet and her family know how to keep their silence. All I see from Kate is the characteristic of a typical rich socialite, partying with her boyfriend, waiting around for him to propose and of course the endless shopping pictures since 2004. She doesn't have the star quality Diana was gifted with through out her life, but maybe that's what appeals to William, dating an assuming girl who doesn't grap much attention.

Old 04-12-2006, 09:12 PM
Heir Apparent

I like Kate a little more, I must admit. Maybe because she was precieved much better then Chealsy by the Press. I think she is right the Royal material and will be a very good consort to William. If they choose to marry, I will be very happy about it.
Chealsy doesn't strike me as the right one for the wife of the 3rd in the line but that's my opinion. What matters is love and if they really love each other, then I will again be happy, if I hear about their engagemnt.
And I am not going to compare the girls because it's pointless, they are too differen, imo. But I think Kate resemblse Camilla and Chealsy is a mixture od Diana and Fergie (imo), I mean character. No basis under the statement, just my opinion.

Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!
Old 04-12-2006, 09:50 PM
Royal Highness

No person is ever ready for the amount of scrutiny they would be under after becoming royal. Even Maxima and Letizia who had high-power jobs and demanding hours were most probably still overwhelmed at the very beginning of their marriages. The third in line will most probably never see the throne. And I'm sure William will have children. So the way I see it; Harry is free to marry anyone he pleases. William should marry for love of course but there is always going to be a standard to which his women are set to. I think Kate meets that standard. Unless he marries a royal (Princess Madeleine anyone? ) I think Kate has a very good shot.
Old 04-12-2006, 10:08 PM
Nobility

I think that Kate is a wonderful choice. This girl is classy and has proved she can handle herself in any situation. She always comes off graceful and elegant even under the watchful eyes of the papparazzi who is just waiting for her to slip up. I think she would be a very strong support for William and what lies ahead for him as well. Thats a tough road to walk alone.

As for Chelsy, she is just being a young student and behaving like one. I think she may change as she gets older and matures. Her personality seems to fit perfectly with Harry, who as we can see is also changing (even if slowly) and maturing before our eyes. I personally think he will have several girlfriends in the years to come. But at least he's learning what its like to be in a relationship.
Old 04-13-2006, 10:20 AM
Nobility

IMO I think we all have our different views on both Chelsy and Kate because how the media has portrayed them. I mean look at PW and PH, the media loves to make PW the good one while PH is portrayed at a bad boy redel. I think they want their girlfriends to fit that mole too. So really we should stop comparing them because obviously they are two different people and are with two very different men. Plus how do we know they are like what we think they are. It might be the other way around. Kate could relly act like Chelsy and Chelsy can really act like Kate. They haven't given interviews or really have done anything worth admiring so we should drop the topic because its pointless comparing these two.

PS I hope I didn't offend anyone or came across a little harsh but thats my opinion.
Old 04-13-2006, 10:38 AM

Kaydura0717 i totally agree with you. its ok to discuss and compare PW and PH because we have heard interviews about them or interviews that they have given and we also do know alot more about them. Kate and Chelsy mayb two very different people because as you say PW and PH are two different people aswell so they are going to have different taste in girls. Needless to say, we should drop this whole comparsion thing its not fair on the girls PW and PH obvioulsy like them the way they are and if theyre happy then so should we be.
Old 04-13-2006, 10:52 AM
Courtier

how old is Chelsy? Kate's 24, right?
Old 04-13-2006, 10:57 AM

chelsy is 20 i think or 19
Old 04-13-2006, 11:17 AM
Nobility

Chelsy is 20 (she's a year younger than Harry) and Kate is 24 ( she's just 6 months older than William).
Old 04-13-2006, 01:28 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toledo
But Kate balances William out. The curious thing is Camilla has or seems to have the same effect on Charles. I've never seem him (Prince Charles) happier, stable ever before as he is now. If Kate can pull that off, more power to her as the next consort Queen Katherine (or is it Catherine?)
I agree with you on both accounts. And, I think Camilla is settling in as the wife and stepmother. There's seems to be a genuine relationship between Camilla and the boys.
Old 04-15-2006, 11:14 PM
Nobility

This is an interesting analogy of Kate and Chelsy....
Are this pair the new Diana and Fergie?

By RICHARD PRICE and REBECCA ENGLISH, Daily Mail 12:32pm 15th April 2006

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/liv...a_source=&ct=5
Old 04-16-2006, 07:15 AM

There is a reason Wills is with Kate, and there is a reason Harry is with Chelsy. We will never know why they are together but they see something in those girls. And they shouldn´t care what we think, they should do what they want and be with the ones they want to be with. Which seems to be Kate and Chelsy.

And don´t say chelsy is like Paris Hilton. Okay she doesn´t dress very classy, but she has never done anhything outragous. She seems to have a very thick skin which is exactly what a Princess should have.
Old 04-16-2006, 07:20 AM
Commoner

Every picture I've ever seen of Chelsy shows her with her mouth hanging open. Is she a mouth-breather? It certainly makes her appear to be a dim bulb.
Old 04-16-2006, 10:50 AM
Nobility

I'm a mouth breather.Some peoples nasal passages are crooked, blocked, too small or whatever. I am a dim bulb but I'm sure that's just a coincidence
Old 04-16-2006, 11:23 AM
Nobility

Ok Chelsy dresses just like the normal teenagers who wear trendy clothes thats in fashion right now. The only reason it looks different on Chelsy is because she has a vuloptous and curvy body. If Kate wore the same clothes as her you wouldn't be saying anything because Kate's very willowy and skinny so it looks classy. So don't judge them by their clothes because then you are judging alot of people because what Chelsy wears is in style.
Old 04-16-2006, 04:20 PM
Imperial Majesty

Poor Kate, poor Chelsy, forever being compared to each other.

I think they are both very brave to even have considered dating William or Harry.

Now that they are dating them, they are brave for going anywhere they could possibly be photographed or seen.
Old 04-16-2006, 04:27 PM
Gentry

A totally ridiculous discussion. These are very young women, who we don't know. They are trying to conduct their lives as best they can. Both princes will have to make the choice and hopefully do a better job than their father, who also can't be totally blamed, because he was pushed into his decision. Saying this one is this or that without any personal knowledge of either is silly. I hope they all have good lives and enjoy this wonderful stage they are at, without the constant prattling about them.
Old 04-18-2006, 04:00 AM
Commoner

Here is an article from the Daily Mail who makes comparisons between Chelsy and Kate to Diana and Fergie. Not only is this wrong, its also quite desperate for headlines!

Anyway, here's the read....

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/liv...a_source=&ct=5
Old 04-18-2006, 12:28 PM
Nobility

Read it. I think its all hogwash. We should just take it as a grain of salt.
Old 04-18-2006, 01:36 PM
Courtier

An interesting view...this gives a very different portrayl of Kate and Chelsy...quite the opposite of what most of the media shows!

Tags
chelsy davy, kate middleton